Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Linda Ajello Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 01, 2012 5:06:43 PM(UTC)
Linda Ajello

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 67 post(s)
http://www.silive.com/southshore/index.ssf/2011/12/megan_ajello_is_busy_as_a_bee.html

Megan attends a special needs high school. She has been using the Cricut Expression- and now the Imagine, gyspy, cuttlebug, craftroom etc. - for years. An opportunity arose where I have been teaching students two mornings a week at her school to sue the Cricut. These wonderful students have made so many Christmas crafts and sold them at their holiday fair. These children have great imaginations and I feel very blessed to spend time with them. They made over 100 Christmas cards, 53 gift bags and too many Christmas tags to count!
the students were so proud- and they should be! The lady who teaches with me is so sweet and so creative- I am learning a lot from her. I try to prep some items before when there are very tiny letters etc, but the larger cuts are fine for the kids. If we are cutting out small words, then I may paste them onto a larger shape so they may then glue that 'unit" on the project.
If the article appears in the link here- I am not sure how to do this- you can see some of the kids and their crafts.
It is great to use the Cricut products to bring out the creativity of our special kids. Even better is what we learn from the kids! Happy New Year everyone! Linda Ajello
 7 users thanked Linda Ajello for this useful post.
Teresa Turner on 1/1/2012(UTC), Havetoomuchstuff on 1/2/2012(UTC), scrapnfan on 1/3/2012(UTC), Gramjak on 1/4/2012(UTC), Hiding in My Craft Room on 1/5/2012(UTC), cheryl d on 1/5/2012(UTC), Sherii on 2/19/2012(UTC)
angieknecht Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 01, 2012 5:22:07 PM(UTC)
angieknecht

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 79 post(s)
That is just too cool.Thank you for sharing this story.You and Megan are amazing people for all you do.
I have two uncles with special needs (well had one uncle has passed on)so I understand what this means to them.
 1 user thanked angieknecht for this useful post.
Linda Ajello on 1/1/2012(UTC)
enolamom Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2012 5:40:51 PM(UTC)
enolamom

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Wow, that's an awesome story........and some really good publicity for Cricut. It would be wonderful if someone of importance read your story and donated some items for your cause. I would encourage you to post on the general Cricut chat board so more people can see this as well. I see you posted a day ago and it just happened to catch my eye today. My daughter teaches special ed and we've done many bulletin boards, gifts, teaching aids, etc. using my Expression. It's a great educational tool. Thanks so much for sharing your story.
 1 user thanked enolamom for this useful post.
Linda Ajello on 1/3/2012(UTC)
TulipCollector Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:58:38 AM(UTC)
TulipCollector

United States

Was thanked: 7222 time(s) in 2516 post(s)
This is so great!! Thank you for sharing.
Hiding in My Craft Room Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 11:41:39 AM(UTC)
Hiding in My Craft Room

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 142 post(s)
This story and article and Megan's blog that you have shared is sooooo touching! It's so wonderful to see how creativity makes children smile. These kids are super talented!!!
 1 user thanked Hiding in My Craft Room for this useful post.
Linda Ajello on 1/5/2012(UTC)
RebeccaCrooks Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:15:58 PM(UTC)
RebeccaCrooks

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is very cool! I teach special needs 3/4 graders. I am patiently waiting for cricut to allow you to link carts to CCR that have already been linked to a Gypsy. That way I could purchase a cricut mini and easily use it with my students without having to lug my carts with me. Good luck with all you do with these kids in the future.
 1 user thanked RebeccaCrooks for this useful post.
Linda Ajello on 2/19/2012(UTC)
Linda Ajello Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 4:45:46 PM(UTC)
Linda Ajello

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 67 post(s)
HI. thank you all for your good wishes. The students are doing so well with the Cricut. Some of the children are nonverbal, and yet when it comes to choosing what images they want to cut, they are indicating very clearly their preferences. They made gorgeous valentines for all of the staff in the building- and sold more valentines theyhad made. Staff bought them for loved ones. They are now doing St. Patrick's day and Easter cards. Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts. I am bringing in my laptop to let them learn about Cricut craft room- I am still somewhat new at it too. These children who were thought to be 'hard to place' in a work study environment are doing great with cricut. The staff comes by every time we have the class to see how the kids are doing. they keep asking if the kids are ready to sell more cards! Not bad for kids that were not considered able to work in local stores etc. We have a great time and every day they teach me something. They have incredible ideas and put colors and images together in ways I would never guess. I am blessed in many ways! Linda Ajello
 1 user thanked Linda Ajello for this useful post.
Teresa Turner on 2/20/2012(UTC)