Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<1516171819>»
jen_chris14744ec28f Offline
#481 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 10:54:49 AM(UTC)
jen_chris14744ec28f

Groups: Registered

Mine would never calibrate. Stays on home screen and will not do anything else.
Mercy Offline
#482 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 5:02:03 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jen_chris14744ec28f Go to Quoted Post
Mine would never calibrate. Stays on home screen and will not do anything else.

Post 33 and let usknow the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...ind=lastpost#post1202145
DazyCutr Offline
#483 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:32:47 AM(UTC)
DazyCutr

Was thanked: 427 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Since the latest update to my E2 a screen pops up with the option to save my file. I clicked to save it, gave it a title, now I don't know where to retrieve it.

Thanks
Mercy Offline
#484 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:57:32 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: DazyCutr Go to Quoted Post
Since the latest update to my E2 a screen pops up with the option to save my file. I clicked to save it, gave it a title, now I don't know where to retrieve it.

Thanks

Hmmm...looks like I need to update my E2. LOL So after you finished cutting it asked you if you want to save your file?
DazyCutr Offline
#485 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:14:18 AM(UTC)
DazyCutr

Was thanked: 427 time(s) in 196 post(s)
OK I'm embarrassed.......evidently I had selected a custom setting for the speed, pressure and blade. That's what I was asked if wanted to save.

Must have been Senior momentFlapper

Edited by user Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:39:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#486 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 2:36:59 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: DazyCutr Go to Quoted Post
OK I'm embarrassed.......evidently I had selected a custom setting for the speed, pressure and blade. That's what I was asked if wanted to save.

Must have been Senior momentFlapper

Noooo, problem! I have senior moments AAAALLLLLL the time!LOL
Kady Offline
#487 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 5:39:35 PM(UTC)
Kady

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Since I can't connect it to my computer I'm pretty unhappy with it. It cut decently but I think I might have had too high expectations of this machine. I've had it for a weekend and I'm already completely ready to send it back and wash my hands of it. Just my experience though.
KarenT Offline
#488 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 7:52:55 PM(UTC)
KarenT

Was thanked: 297 time(s) in 284 post(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by: KarenT
Ok...well I finally called PC today and a very nice lady tried very hard to help me out but my E2 never worked so I am getting a new one. I have to find a box though to put my baby into. Ok...so I think she told me to put the power cord back in and the machine in the box...is that all I have to send back?

I am sorry I had a bad headache while talking and still have it now...thx for any help. Thx Mercy for trying to help me out as well

KarenT

Glad that you are getting a new one. If that is all that she told you to send, then that is all! Hope your new one will work! :)

Hi, me again just thought I'd update. I finally found a box to fit my E2 sent it back and they sent the wrong machine, a mini cake...lol I laughed because really I would get upset and then ruin my day and then what...so I decided to laugh it off and explain to yet another nice lady at PC what was suppose to happen and what happened instead, and she was so apologetic and after a very long time talking to her and being put on hold for quite some time, she told me to keep the machine and that they'd send the right machine. I guess sometimes it pays not to get your panties all in a bunch...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Anyway got the new E2 and only calibrated it today, yes everything has taken more than a month including the fact that it took me a little time to find a box as well as the mix-up too...and I haven't cut nor updated the machine either. I am actually a little scared to update in fear that something will go wrong again Scared Scared Scared

Anyway Mercy I wanted to let you and everyone else know what has happened thus far and to thank you for trying to help me out. Wishing you all a great night! And good luck with any problems any of you maybe having. PC has been very nice to deal with and extremely wonderful helping me out with my problems.

KarenT BigGrin
phrarama Offline
#489 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2011 4:51:21 PM(UTC)
phrarama

I bought my E2 just one month ago, at Thanksgiving time and sorry to say I just started to use it.
1) I am pleased with the cutting action
2) CCR is a bit of a bugger, I prefer DS
3) I cut 10 pieces of cardstock for making an album. What bothers me is that I set the machine to cut 4" x 5 1/4" It cut it at 4" x 5 1/8" I tried to do this numerous times and it still came out the same. 5 1/4" is 5.25". No degree needed for that.
So my question is, does anyone know why this is happening?? Thanks
MargoRemet Offline
#490 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 12:36:14 PM(UTC)
MargoRemet

The machine itself is great, but unfortunately the USB port was defective. I sent it back for a replacement but all I got was a runaround, It was only after making a complaint to consumer affairs and contacting an executive of Provocraft that I finally got a response that I will be getting a replacement. If anyone needs to exchange their machine, I would suggest insisting on getting the replacement first before sending back the defective one.
HollyHudspeth Offline
#491 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 5:08:50 AM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 316 post(s)
Right now, it won't turn on! I have used it since the last Dec19th update. But a few days ago, stopped a cut midway using cricut craft room because it was tearing paper, and since then, it won't turn back on. It just remains on the screen that shows the title of the machine prior to taking you to the menu.
crafty marcy Offline
#492 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 12:21:09 PM(UTC)
crafty marcy

I was lucky enough to receive a E2 Anniversary Michaels edition from my DD for Christmas. I'm excited to use it more. My first experinces were not what I thought but I need to use it more. On regular card stock I have to make 2 cuts on everything, and the designs were very basic. My original cricut did not require 2 cuts.
I don't have a gypsy so I was happy to try the Cricit Craft Room and weld things together to cut. All attempts of cutting from the craft room were unsucessful. When I called support they could not help and would look into it and get back to me. They got back to me after I reminded them I was waiting and no help has been given, they said they would get back to me again. I was really looking forward to playing again with my new machine this weekend.
I know in the end I will be very happy with it, I just need to practice more so that I can remember all the tools without referring to the book all the time.
The Craft Room problem I was having is the cutting would start and then freeze after cutting about 1/4 of the project.
Elizabeth Offline
#493 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 2:35:46 PM(UTC)
Elizabeth

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I had the same problem when I was cutting from CCR using the wireless, when I plugged the cord back in to my computer, the problem went away. Not sure why I had the problem at all, the computer and E2 were sitting right next to each other (I just didn't want to go to the trouble of getting the cord out)not like I was trying to cut from 3 rooms away. Anyway, I've been using CCR for quite awile and have noticed it is rather flaky, freezes up a lot, has to be shut down and restarted. I hoped it would get better when it wasn't the Beta version anymore, guess not.
Sing&Scrap Offline
#494 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 2:41:21 PM(UTC)
Sing&Scrap

United States

Was thanked: 613 time(s) in 328 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MargoRemet Go to Quoted Post
The machine itself is great, but unfortunately the USB port was defective. I sent it back for a replacement but all I got was a runaround, It was only after making a complaint to consumer affairs and contacting an executive of Provocraft that I finally got a response that I will be getting a replacement. If anyone needs to exchange their machine, I would suggest insisting on getting the replacement first before sending back the defective one.

Waiting for a return label for my AE2.. apparently had a defective USB port as well... the connector came out when I took my cable out! Hopefully I'll have it Mon/Tues but they did tell me they would replace it with no issues...
crafty marcy Offline
#495 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2012 10:12:01 AM(UTC)
crafty marcy

Originally Posted by: Elizabeth Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem when I was cutting from CCR using the wireless, when I plugged the cord back in to my computer, the problem went away. Not sure why I had the problem at all, the computer and E2 were sitting right next to each other (I just didn't want to go to the trouble of getting the cord out)not like I was trying to cut from 3 rooms away. Anyway, I've been using CCR for quite awile and have noticed it is rather flaky, freezes up a lot, has to be shut down and restarted. I hoped it would get better when it wasn't the Beta version anymore, guess not.

Thank you for reminding me of that trick. I always forget to do that.
I did try that after your suggestion and it still stopped when I cut again. This time when it stopped cutting I saw an error message about the bridge. Any ideas on that?
cartermom Offline
#496 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:21:20 PM(UTC)
cartermom

Wub Just got mine today (got a great deal on e-bay)!! I previously used the Personal Cutter so this is a big change for me. I had difficulty navigating the touch screen at first-kept touching icons with the stylus and things wouldn't work. Re-calibrated the screen and now everything is fine. My advice to anyone setting up the E2 for the first time-hold the stylus really straight when calibrating it. The videos have been really helpful along with the manual.
erinschulte8aa6a744 Offline
#497 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 6:55:03 AM(UTC)
erinschulte8aa6a744

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Please take a moment to tell me what you think of your E2 and how your E2 is working. I am very interested to know of any issues you might be having, including shipping damage or updating issues. Please don't post any questions here. Post those as separate posts and I will answer them there.

I know about the backorder issue and, unfortunately (or fortunately), that is not an issue we have any control over. We have more E2s available for HSN and it is my understanding that they have requested more to fill ALL orders that have been placed.

So let me know what you think of the E2 and let me know how it is working.

Thanks!

Chris
Provo Craft

Hi Chris,

I have been trying to connect my E2 to my computer and it will not recogize it. My computer can't download the Gadget Serial v2.4 driver that will allow it to recognize the E2 and as result I can't update or use CCR. Is there a fix to this? I've seen several posts saying they've had to return their E2s to PC. Note that mine is not the anniversary edition and I purchased it directly from PC online. I'd really like to be able to use CCR.

Thanks for your help.
Erin
mhjudge67 Offline
#498 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:10:22 AM(UTC)
mhjudge67

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I love my E2, I just wish the light would work even when I have my g hooked up to it. I don't remember updating it since I've had it. I need to do it but I hope nothing goes wrong when I do it.
I haven't tried to cut anything from the CCR yet, I hope that works. I saw somewhere they had a plug or some kind of adapter for the wireless is it worth buying?
nrsnan Offline
#499 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 10:11:16 PM(UTC)
nrsnan

Not sure if it works correctly..I have only made 3 cards....never been crafty, but learning!

Can I use any cartridge with this model? I got some that have keyboard overlay, but the E2 green apecial one has no keyboard.

Thanks
nrsnan
ScrapCat Offline
#500 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:40:50 PM(UTC)
ScrapCat

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1113 time(s) in 716 post(s)
I'm slowly falling out of love with PC!!! My first AE2 worked perfectly, no problems except the USB port broke. Had to send it back in. I just got a brand new AE2 and it will not update!!! It won't read the older cartridges.

I have done everything under the sun, uninstall, reinstall, reboot, turn the machine off, troubleshoot in sync and nothing. Now someone on the MB says PC told them that all the new machines shipped with the version ending in 1000, will not update and WE have to wait for an update!!!! Not happy!!!
GypsyRoe Offline
#501 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:16:04 PM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Was thanked: 3196 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
So frustrating! It shouldn't take me hours to cut a shape!

My EA2 keeps going to the start up window, wont add the image to the bar...I know it can it let me do it twice, but each time it takes many tries! I still didn’t get the right size so I tried to edit again and it keeps going to the start up window! What the heck is going on!

I hooked my machine up to Sync, but it says it’s updated! I usually don’t use the cartridge directly inserted into the machine, but my Gypsy isn’t recognizing I loaded the Art Philosophy cartridge onto it, even though it says it’s linked! I’ll call PC tomorrow, but if this has happened to others, what was the fix?

One problem after another and I’m getting sick of it! In a few days I’m expecting a Mini in the mail, but now I’m not too excited about it!

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:19:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

boll357ebc79c52 Offline
#502 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:44:53 PM(UTC)
boll357ebc79c52

I like my cutter but was disappointed being limited to only purchased fonts. I was so looking forward to using at least a cursive font.If I had known this I would have asked my family for something else
gabrielle.green.events0dc605e7 Offline
#503 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:11:15 PM(UTC)
gabrielle.green.events0dc605e7

My E2 is awful! This is my second one. My first one lasted about a week, cutting improperly before it broke completely.

New one cuts improperly as the last one did. Have tried forums, the Knowledge Base, emailing, and calling support.

Have tried new mats, new blade housing, and updating the firmware and content per PC's instructions. Still does not cut properly.

After reading this topic I've started to wonder why a company would release a product that does not work in so many ways? It seems like a better business practice would have been to delay the release date?

I don't know. I own a (very small) business, and if I design something and it doesn't work, I don't sell it. I don't have time to deal with the returns and complaints. I was depending on using my E2 and my Create (my Create no longer works either) heavily for my Spring Line, but not only have I had to nix this plan, but I've been set so far back on my plans because I've been dealing with PC issues since December 7th now!

I'm thinking of returning the E2 and getting an Expression. I would consider a completely different brand, but unfortunately I've already invested too much in cartridges and accessories.

So, the short answer is: I'm extremely dissatisfied. In fact, not only would I not recommend Cricut or any ProvoCraft product to a friend, I was discourage it.
SharanGrubbs Offline
#504 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:26:58 AM(UTC)
SharanGrubbs

I got the E2 Anniversary Edition, at the launch. Love it except I still don't have the WiFi Adapter, not any help from CS, they said out of stock. Don't even know where to find it? I know you said no questions, but this is a big issue as I desgined my craftroom with the wifi in mind so I could have some space. Not happening!!
Thanks,
Sharan
DELILAHHARKINS Offline
#505 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:19:03 AM(UTC)
DELILAHHARKINS

Originally Posted by: gabrielle.green.events0dc605e7 Go to Quoted Post
My E2 is awful! This is my second one. My first one lasted about a week, cutting improperly before it broke completely.

New one cuts improperly as the last one did. Have tried forums, the Knowledge Base, emailing, and calling support.

Have tried new mats, new blade housing, and updating the firmware and content per PC's instructions. Still does not cut properly.

After reading this topic I've started to wonder why a company would release a product that does not work in so many ways? It seems like a better business practice would have been to delay the release date?

I don't know. I own a (very small) business, and if I design something and it doesn't work, I don't sell it. I don't have time to deal with the returns and complaints. I was depending on using my E2 and my Create (my Create no longer works either) heavily for my Spring Line, but not only have I had to nix this plan, but I've been set so far back on my plans because I've been dealing with PC issues since December 7th now!

I'm thinking of returning the E2 and getting an Expression. I would consider a completely different brand, but unfortunately I've already invested too much in cartridges and accessories.

So, the short answer is: I'm extremely dissatisfied. In fact, not only would I not recommend Cricut or any ProvoCraft product to a friend, I was discourage it.

1 user thanked DELILAHHARKINS for this useful post.
gabrielle.green.events0dc605e7 on 1/25/2012(UTC)
gabrielle.green.events0dc605e7 Offline
#506 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:58:02 PM(UTC)
gabrielle.green.events0dc605e7

It sucks! It sucks! It sucks! Will be on my third E2 in 6 weeks (4 if you count the Cake machine that PC wrongly sent me the first time, and then took 3 weeks to come and get).

Give me my money back, so I can get a Silhouette Cameo!

And for everyone who says I should contact customer service and stop complaining, that's what I spend 2 hours a day doing.
stormytonya Offline
#507 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 12:25:42 PM(UTC)
stormytonya

United States

I just bought the Cricut Expression 2 and the gypsy bundle after loading over 50 cartridges on the gypsy i tried to cut from it and it wouldn't work then i downloaded the software to update the E2 and my gypsy and I was not able to update my E2 it will not communicate with my gypsy so I called customer support and they said that I have the newest machine out of the warehouse and as of right now its not updatable and not compatible with my gypsy so I already pre loaded over 50 cartridges on this gypsy and I cannot use it I cannot cut from it I cannot send it back I cannot update my E2 so I am not able to use cricut craftroom I have invested over $2000 in all this any ideas ? Besides reporting to the BBB and Getting a lawyer?
Mary R. Offline
#508 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:09:17 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gabrielle.green.events0dc605e7 Go to Quoted Post
It sucks! It sucks! It sucks! Will be on my third E2 in 6 weeks (4 if you count the Cake machine that PC wrongly sent me the first time, and then took 3 weeks to come and get).

Give me my money back, so I can get a Silhouette Cameo!

And for everyone who says I should contact customer service and stop complaining, that's what I spend 2 hours a day doing.

Gabrielle,

I feel your pain. I just received my 3rd E2 from PC and it still isn't working. What really bothers me is my E2 worked fine & including the Wi-Fi feature until the last update, then everything went belly-up. I just don't understand what happened with that update that affected my E2. That last update wouldn't work on my destop computer, I can no longer download CCR to my desktop, used airzapper, removed all software, nothing, nothing works. I have to use the web version on my desktop. However, CCR recognizes my Expression, I use both the Expression & E2 with same laptop. Why does the E work but not the E2?

I plan to call HSN re this issue to see if I can get my money back; I doubt I will get results, and I regret that I have no choice but to contact the BBB and make an official complaint against PC.

Please note, I read and reread all the fixes mentioned in all the posts, including the knowledge base, tried everything to no avail.

I'm determined to either get a machine that works or my money back.

Best,
Mary R.
Mercy Offline
#509 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 11:46:22 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
Gabrielle,

I feel your pain. I just received my 3rd E2 from PC and it still isn't working. What really bothers me is my E2 worked fine & including the Wi-Fi feature until the last update, then everything went belly-up. I just don't understand what happened with that update that affected my E2. That last update wouldn't work on my destop computer, I can no longer download CCR to my desktop, used airzapper, removed all software, nothing, nothing works. I have to use the web version on my desktop. However, CCR recognizes my Expression, I use both the Expression & E2 with same laptop. Why does the E work but not the E2?

I plan to call HSN re this issue to see if I can get my money back; I doubt I will get results, and I regret that I have no choice but to contact the BBB and make an official complaint against PC.

Please note, I read and reread all the fixes mentioned in all the posts, including the knowledge base, tried everything to no avail.

I'm determined to either get a machine that works or my money back.

Best,
Mary R.

Hello Mary! Sorry for your troubles! I am assuming you cannot update your E2, right? What is the firmware of your E2?
Mary R. Offline
#510 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:33:50 AM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Hello Mary! Sorry for your troubles! I am assuming you cannot update your E2, right? What is the firmware of your E2?

The E2 firmware is 0068.0036.1000

Is this the current firmware?

MaryR