Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

medichmm119295db Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 6:42:40 AM(UTC)
medichmm119295db

Groups: Registered

I am trying to cut an envelope to fit a card I made that is 5". I go to the silhouette feature and try cutting an envelope 5" and it tells me the characters are to big? I have the expression machine. I tried to shift as well and I still cant' get it to cut an envelope to fit this card. I finally got it to cut but it does not fit the 5" card at all. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.
ladybugstamper Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2012 8:45:18 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Hi!
A lot depends on the machine you are using and the size of the paper.

Envelopes are supposed to be cut larger than the card, but it's not as simple as that, unfortunately.

If you have an Expression most of us have put a piece of paper on the mat, 12x12 or smaller and made sure the machine was set at "Fit to Page". That means the machine won't cut larger than the available amount of paper, and be sure if using paper smaller than 12x12 to move the blade and set the paper size.

Then cut the envelope you want using the "Fit to Page" feature, take note of the size it says it will cut on the screen, just before it starts cutting.

Say you put in a piece of 12x12 paper and cut the envelope and the machine says 5.75, that will be the size you need to cut the card itself to fit in the envelope.

I don't know the tricks for the Create or the O-Bug.

If you do a search on You-Tube there are a ton of how-to's for making envelopes and cards that work together.

Hope this helps
medichmm119295db Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2012 12:44:13 PM(UTC)
medichmm119295db

Thank you very much for our help. I also got some advice from another forum and I don't know if it was luck or not but here is what I did: I made a card that was 5 inches and wanted to make an envelope to match and could not. I asked someone and they told me pretty much what u told me, fit to page. I did that, and had the machine still set at 5 inches from when I made the card, and the envelope fit. I don't know if that is the only size it will make envelopes or not? I just thought that if you made a card that was 3 inches, then the envelope would cut accordingly? I am so confused! lol! Anyway, thank you for your help, I am going to go to youtube as you suggested and see what I can come up with as well! Have a good day! Michelle