Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

22 Pages«<202122
Khrista Offline
#631 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:50:46 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 1397 post(s)
Chris was let go just last Thursday. :(

The App - I would send feedback to the people that created the Bazzill App. It must be on their end is my guess then. I did just buy some bazzill paper though tonight, so if i can I'll try to pull it up on my app and see what I get.

:)Khrista
Izzy B's Mom Offline
#632 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:25:32 PM(UTC)
Izzy B's Mom

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Chris was let go just last Thursday. :(

The App - I would send feedback to the people that created the Bazzill App. It must be on their end is my guess then. I did just buy some bazzill paper though tonight, so if i can I'll try to pull it up on my app and see what I get.

Hi Krista

Thank you for checking that I would love to know the outcome to that. However, I think it is a problem with the imagine itself because both my hp and epson printers print the right colors. I am not sure if it is just my ink though. I still have a thumbs up. I have only used these color carts a few times but I haven't replaced them since the spring so not sure if they are just too old.

Anyway please let me know how it works for you. The colors I was trying to print was pinkini and bitter chocolate.

Thanks Patc
Khrista Offline
#633 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 9:11:37 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: Izzy B's Mom Go to Quoted Post
Hi Krista

Thank you for checking that I would love to know the outcome to that. However, I think it is a problem with the imagine itself because both my hp and epson printers print the right colors. I am not sure if it is just my ink though. I still have a thumbs up. I have only used these color carts a few times but I haven't replaced them since the spring so not sure if they are just too old.

Anyway please let me know how it works for you. The colors I was trying to print was pinkini and bitter chocolate.

Thanks Patc

Hi Pat. Sorry it took me a while to come back to this. I didn't have the colors you listed, but I had a Piglet paper.. Pink. :) I've taken a pic of what I printed off the Imagine. Looks like the colors are lighter than they should be. I used smooth paper too.

Khrista
File Attachment(s):
014.JPG (2,818kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
LadyDiamond Offline
#634 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 5:55:48 AM(UTC)
LadyDiamond

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Chris,

I am doing the newest imagine update and after alot of fun calls and frustration the update finnaly started and went to 100%...now its stuck at 100% it wont go to the next step...any suggestions?
Scrapperdee Offline
#635 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:19:47 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4172 time(s) in 2392 post(s)
I know Chris is gone, but I thought someone might be able to answer a question.

I've been updating my gypsy and imagine for a couple of days now. The gypsy went pretty smoothly. For the imagine one, I started with the content update first and it kept on hitting 100% and stopping. This morning I tried the firmware first and it went happily (mind you, it did take a hour or 2). So, I started the content one again 2 hrs ago and it went through all its processes slowly, but not too bad, never got stuck anywhere...until now.

Cricut sync says...Do not turn off device...and it claims to be installing library files (which is fine - and the green bar is flashing)....and my imagine says "updating...please do NOT power off, disconnect or unplug your device..." - which is fine...EXCEPT, its been at this phase for about 1 hr.

Is it now stuck or should it take a long time to install the library files?
CarolClifford Offline
#636 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:53:28 PM(UTC)
CarolClifford

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post

I've been updating my gypsy and imagine for a couple of days now. The gypsy went pretty smoothly. For the imagine one, I started with the content update first and it kept on hitting 100% and stopping. This morning I tried the firmware first and it went happily (mind you, it did take a hour or 2). So, I started the content one again 2 hrs ago and it went through all its processes slowly, but not too bad, never got stuck anywhere...until now.

Cricut sync says...Do not turn off device...and it claims to be installing library files (which is fine - and the green bar is flashing)....and my imagine says "updating...please do NOT power off, disconnect or unplug your device..." - which is fine...EXCEPT, its been at this phase for about 1 hr.

Yes, it takes a very long time to update the gypsy. I hadn't updated for ages and it took hours today.
Hours and hours but it finished, and I am now downloading the gypsy manual so I might learn how to use it. I got tired of trying to use the CCR with the Imagine.
Scrapperdee Offline
#637 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:10:45 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4172 time(s) in 2392 post(s)

SO...cricut sync was sitting on installing library files for 6 hours...I've shut it all down for the night...AARRGGH!
LazyBee Offline
#638 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:47:16 AM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 638 time(s) in 305 post(s)
SO...cricut sync was sitting on installing library files for 6 hours...I've shut it all down for the night...AARRGGH!

Well I can tell you that this has been the only update I have ever had any issues with. I had similar results as you. And no matter what I did I could not get the update to take. I even ended up with the dreaded ??? in the version number you can find on the about screen. My suggestion is check what the version numbers are. If those dreaded ??? show up that means somethings hasn't taken in the update. Call PC and have them verify what you need to do. Unfortunately with all the changes in the board I'm not sure where to look (and I didn't save a copy, either)for the process of reinstalling the original firmware and taking the Imagine back to the beginning and then reinstalling the update. Which is what I had to do. Bad news it's a pain (2 days for me including bad update)...but good news...it worked.
dncnqueen02 Offline
#639 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 9:07:28 AM(UTC)
dncnqueen02

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
IDK if this will work or not, I noticed after I cleaned my ink heads (because there were lines in my images) I am getting a different color than what shows on my imagine lcd screen. For example, I used RGB code for EGGPLANT ENVY BY STAMPIN UP, it came out MAGENTA! Not ANYTHING remotely close to the purple on the lcd screen. What am I to do about this issue? I saw where a lady was having to clean her heads before every use, and I am NOT going to do that before each use. I shouldn't have to do such a thing. I will try this though and Chris had also stated to check the ink cartridges and the measurement should be no more than 1 1/8". I haven't tried that yet. I will reply to this post if I do so. I will try to upload a pic to show everyone what I am talking about.

Please advise me Chris on what in the world to do. I am already awaiting a new Hopscotch cartridge that came with my Imagine on Black Friday. :(
Khrista Offline
#640 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 7:20:21 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: dncnqueen02 Go to Quoted Post
IDK if this will work or not, I noticed after I cleaned my ink heads (because there were lines in my images) I am getting a different color than what shows on my imagine lcd screen. For example, I used RGB code for EGGPLANT ENVY BY STAMPIN UP, it came out MAGENTA! Not ANYTHING remotely close to the purple on the lcd screen. What am I to do about this issue? I saw where a lady was having to clean her heads before every use, and I am NOT going to do that before each use. I shouldn't have to do such a thing. I will try this though and Chris had also stated to check the ink cartridges and the measurement should be no more than 1 1/8". I haven't tried that yet. I will reply to this post if I do so. I will try to upload a pic to show everyone what I am talking about.

Please advise me Chris on what in the world to do. I am already awaiting a new Hopscotch cartridge that came with my Imagine on Black Friday. :(

They should change this thread to be Questions that Chris answered as he no longer is with PC. Try checking that you don't have draft quality on in the settings me nu. You shouldn't need to clean your ink heads each time. Could have a bad ink cartridge.

HTH
dncnqueen02 Offline
#641 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 3:54:57 PM(UTC)
dncnqueen02

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Yeah, I was reading through after I had posted that Chris was let go. That is upsetting because it seems that he/she *I didn't know if they were a man or woman* always was there to answer questions for people. We work so it's hard to call monday thru friday without having to wait for a while and then you are either at work and cannot work with the machine so then you have to call back again.

I printed out the RGB codes from the computer to the printer and the color looks like it matches the one that was printed. It baffles me because on the Imagine screen the color is PURPLE. Like an eggplant. IDK...I'm going to try and play with it some more and use a color that I have sitting around from SU.

Thank you for your wonderful help Khrista!

Prplpain75a1724847 Offline
#642 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:17:56 AM(UTC)
Prplpain75a1724847

Hi my name is Dawn, I recently Purchased a Cricut Imagine and when i plug it in and Put the cartridge in it does nothing, i can't get it to work at all, i'm not sure if it's the cartridge of the machine but it won't load or nothing. Could you please help me, i really wanna try out my new machine. Thanks For your Help!!!!

Sincerely,
Dawn Woody
Coah'sNana Offline
#643 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:26:44 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 16247 time(s) in 4361 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Prplpain75a1724847 Go to Quoted Post
Hi my name is Dawn, I recently Purchased a Cricut Imagine and when i plug it in and Put the cartridge in it does nothing, i can't get it to work at all, i'm not sure if it's the cartridge of the machine but it won't load or nothing. Could you please help me, i really wanna try out my new machine. Thanks For your Help!!!!

Sincerely,
Dawn Woody

Hi Dawn,

I assume you are using the Imagine More cartridge. I've read there was a bad batch with no content on it (call PC and they will replace it). If you have another Imagine cartridge, you can try using that to do the setup. Otherwise, you'll need to download Cricut Sync and use that (you will need this anyway to do the updates to bring you to version 0117:0035). You can find CricutSync here if you don't already have it. It should also download Adobe Air which is required for Cricut Sync. Depending on your antivirus/firewall you may have to either add CricutSync to your allowed list or temporarily disable to do the updates. Post back if you run into any further issues. HTH

http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/

mylilpeanut Offline
#644 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2012 2:05:05 PM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Chris,

So, I was in the process of using my Imagine machine when it started making loud squeeling noises. I was doing a print and cut and it pulled my mat in, didn't print, and then forcefully spit it out the back instead of pulling it back through to cut. Tried print and cut again. This time it pulled mat in, the Imagine restarted, spit the mat out the back and then restarted again.

Any Ideas??

Thanks,
Ashley
Khrista Offline
#645 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2012 6:34:00 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: mylilpeanut Go to Quoted Post
Chris,

So, I was in the process of using my Imagine machine when it started making loud squeeling noises. I was doing a print and cut and it pulled my mat in, didn't print, and then forcefully spit it out the back instead of pulling it back through to cut. Tried print and cut again. This time it pulled mat in, the Imagine restarted, spit the mat out the back and then restarted again.

Any Ideas??

Thanks,
Ashley

What are the numbers on your about screens? Might want to try seeing if there are updates you need to do. www.cricut.com/cricutsync

HTH
mylilpeanut Offline
#646 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:24:34 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

What are the numbers on your about screens? Might want to try seeing if there are updates you need to do. www.cricut.com/cricutsync

HTH

Just did the update last week. The numbers are - 0117 0035 0240 202A
Right now, more worried about the loud squeeling noises! I am working on a big project with a due date coming up very soon!!
Khrista Offline
#647 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:07:04 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: mylilpeanut Go to Quoted Post
Just did the update last week. The numbers are - 0117 0035 0240 202A
Right now, more worried about the loud squeeling noises! I am working on a big project with a due date coming up very soon!!

Definitely up to date. I'd call PC. It shouldn't be making really loud noises. Could mean a belt has broken or something. They may end up having you do a system restore just to see if that fixes it, but maybe not. Unless something maybe got caught up in a roller (can check by looking in through the ink location), then I'd hazard a guess something is wrong. The only time I had a grinding noise on mine, it was a belt and had to go back to be replaced.

Khrista
mylilpeanut Offline
#648 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:39:45 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

Definitely up to date. I'd call PC. It shouldn't be making really loud noises. Could mean a belt has broken or something. They may end up having you do a system restore just to see if that fixes it, but maybe not. Unless something maybe got caught up in a roller (can check by looking in through the ink location), then I'd hazard a guess something is wrong. The only time I had a grinding noise on mine, it was a belt and had to go back to be replaced.

Khrista

Khrista,

I will give PC a call on this issue. I might just do the system restore first to see if clears it up.

Thanks,
Ashley
curious george II Offline
#649 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 8:31:53 AM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I was wondering in the near future if Cricut was going to make a 12 x 24 mat for the Cricut Imagine? I like making long banners but I dont want to have to piece them together to make one 22" banner. BigGrin
lovethatbug Offline
#650 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 1:16:51 PM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: curious george II Go to Quoted Post
I was wondering in the near future if Cricut was going to make a 12 x 24 mat for the Cricut Imagine? I like making long banners but I dont want to have to piece them together to make one 22" banner. BigGrin

I am not sure if that is going to be available, last I heard which was awhile ago, they said they were trying to figure out how to do it and if it can be done
Stacy
creativeinputbylizbc814dcf Offline
#651 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2012 10:54:11 AM(UTC)
creativeinputbylizbc814dcf

I am new to circut altogether and bought the imagine so I would have the latest and the greatest. I want to make cards and I am intimidated by the machine. I feel like I missed a day of school where they taught how to use the expression (fonts, spacing, lettering, shapes) then started teaching about the imagine features. The videos and instructions assume that I have had a circut product before. I haven't.

I can load the paper and I printed layers but I want to use my own words, quotes, or phrases. I couldn't find where the space bar was to even put a space between words with my George cartridge. Where can I go for detailed instructions on the basics?

Thank you in advance!

LizRollEyes
CardDiva Offline
#652 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:46:38 AM(UTC)
CardDiva

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi Liz

I would suggest that you check on You Tube for Imagine tutorials, or better yet head over to
above rubies studio.com & buy the A-Z Cricut Imagine double dvd set. The best dvd set out there,
as it explains the basics on how to use the machine, and goes advanced techniques and also
has a seperate project dvd, as well.

thks

Sharon
Krazelton Kreations Offline
#653 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 2:08:50 PM(UTC)
Krazelton Kreations

I am having problems with my Imagine More cartridge. I keep getting a window saying, "The Cricut Imagine has detected a possible problem with your cartridge. Please remove and reinsert your cartridge." I have done this numerous times, and still no luck. It tells me to contact Provocraft Customer Service. Was wondering before I do that, has anyone else had this problem before?
Kiethann Offline
#654 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 2:25:39 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 651 time(s) in 491 post(s)
I know with some of the cricut cartridges, if it does not run you can turn it around and plug it in. also give a small huff of air on the end of the cartridge where you plug it in. I have done this a few times and both do work. Never tried it with the Imagine cartridges so I do not know if you can even turn it around.