Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Janie Pride Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:41:13 PM(UTC)
Janie Pride

Groups: Registered

Please. Someone please tell me the different speeds and blade pressure for different kinds of paper.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:42:24 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19161 time(s) in 8569 post(s)
Here is the chart from PC:

This info is from a past issue of the CHIRP:

Settings guide for favorite materials

Scrapbook Paper and Cardstock - Standard Blade Machine Settings: Speed 2 (Low), Pressure 5 (High), Blade Depth 5, Multi Cut 1

Bazzill, textured paper/cardstock - Standard Blade Machine Settings: Speed 1 (Min), Pressure 5 (Max), Blade Depth 6, Multi Cut 1

Fabric (0.023"/0.58mm thick) - Deep Blade Machine Settings: Speed 3 (Med), Pressure 4 (High), Blade Depth 5, Multi Cut 1
Note: Use a thin iron-on interfacing with the fabric, set the iron at its highest temperature setting. Apply direct heat and pressure to flocking for approximately 30 seconds. Peel protective liner when cool. Wash and dry garment inside out.

Magnet (0.035"/0.080mm thick) - Deep Blade Machine Settings: Speed 2 (Med), Pressure 5 (Max), Blade Depth 6, Multi Cut 4

Stencil (0.0155"/0.40mm thick) - Standard Blade Machine Settings: Speed 2 (Med), Pressure 5 (Max), Blade Depth 6, Multi Cut 2
Note: Adhesive is repositionable. Replace liner to protect adhesive during storage.

Chipboard (0.059"/1.50mm thick) - Deep Blade Machine Settings: Speed 3 (Med), Pressure 4 (High), Blade Depth 6, Multi Cut 5
Note: A fresh mat is needed to hold material. Small pieces of chipboard may require tape to stay in place.

Emboss (0.0160"/0.41mm thick) - Standard Blade Machine Settings: Speed 3 (Med), Pressure 5 (Max), Blade Depth 6, Multi Cut 2

Stamp (0.0415"/1.05mm thick) - Deep Blade Machine Settings: Speed 3 (Med), Pressure 4 (High), Blade Depth 5, Multi Cut 1
Note: Use a fresh mat to keep material firmly in place.

Although settings can vary between machines and paper, I don't find that the different brands of paper cut differently with my E. So I made my own little chart in MS Word to keep handy.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:47:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Susi Q on 7/17/2012(UTC)
tictakl9e713e55 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:59:10 PM(UTC)
tictakl9e713e55

I tried the setting for heavy cardstock, but it is not cutting evenly. In some places, the paper is cutting through cleanly, other places, the paper is torn, yet another place the paper is not cut through. I am using Stampin' UP cardstock. Does anyone have any setting suggestions for the E2? It is brand new so the blade should be fine.
TheCottageDiva Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:13:25 PM(UTC)
TheCottageDiva

I happen to be in the same boat. I purchased the Cricut Mini and I have been HUGELY DISAPPOINTED in the investment. I then purchased the Deep Cut Blade PLUS medium weight chipboard from Wal-Mart...that isn't even cutting through! I keep trying different settings, but to no avail. I feel like I've been duped!!!!! Is there anyone out there who has SUCCESSFULLY cut chipboard AND heavy cardstock??!?!?!?!? I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrated with this!Cursing
Maxluv Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:53:37 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 490 time(s) in 377 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tictakl9e713e55 Go to Quoted Post
I tried the setting for heavy cardstock, but it is not cutting evenly. In some places, the paper is cutting through cleanly, other places, the paper is torn, yet another place the paper is not cut through. I am using Stampin' UP cardstock. Does anyone have any setting suggestions for the E2? It is brand new so the blade should be fine.

If its cutting some places and not others...are you sure your paper is smack down to the mat? Usually this happens when your paper isnt down to the mat.
MelissaNoel Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:26:04 PM(UTC)
MelissaNoel

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was having problems with my cricut. I borrowed my in-laws blade housing (the green thing that holds the blade) and used in my machine...IT WORKED!!! If you have someone that has a cricut try changing out the blade housing and see if that works:O)
DOLLY.RENTERIAf101d3d0 Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 5:24:58 PM(UTC)
DOLLY.RENTERIAf101d3d0

I just received my first cricut and after a few tries the cardstock is not cut correctly.I'm lost.
Does anyone know the correct setting on this?