Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Scraprageous Offline
#61 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:41:27 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Hi. I don't really have a favorite homeschool project using the Cricut, however, it is still used for various projects my high school age kids and I do in Scouting, helping friends with posters, sporting activities, etc..

Most get sent home with other kids, but here is a recent mini I used my cricut and gypsy to complete/make accents. I used Blackletter, Sports Mania, Keystone, Pooh Font, Old West, Everyday Paper dolls, Alphalicious, and there may be one or two more, I would have to look at my gypsy to know BigGrin . These were for the Seniors on the Hockey team (ds plays for the local school)

Cover of Matchbook Album
IBC MatchbookAlbum
IFC matchbook album
one of the pages

dansgg Offline
#62 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:47:10 PM(UTC)
dansgg

Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: amandaleehoskins3a2a138e Go to Quoted Post
Hi all... looks like this forum is slightly outdated. I'm wondering if any of you still check it from time to time. ;) Anyways, I'm a HS mom of four... 6th grade, 3rd grade, 1st grade and preschool. We use our cricket pretty regularly for random hs stuff. We're getting ready to begin lapbooking or interactive journaling using our cricket. Just wondering if any of you would mind sharing a hs project or two that you've used your cricut machinery to create. I'm very interested to see others' ideas! Maybe pick your fav and upload for all of us to check out??? That would be soooo awesome. I'll try to upload one of ours as well. Thanks!

I was so glad to see a new post in this forum. I have a little one in preschool and right now we are making a lapbook based on Blueberries for Sal. I will absolutely be using my cricut and will post as we go along.

Thanks for posting here ....
DianeMcConnell3 Offline
#63 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 10:13:00 PM(UTC)
DianeMcConnell3

We are a homeschool family of one (12 yo ds) we use are cricket in our unit studies to dress up the books we make to write spelling/vocabulary words, and the lapbooks we make up ( they are more like a spiral book we make up to go along with the unit) I was glad to see new homeschooling posting as well!
e.watermane20b0080 Offline
#64 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:54:26 PM(UTC)
e.watermane20b0080

Doesn't seem to busy here but I am glad to see a HS thread here!! I homeschool my 3....11,8,4....
KellySmelser Offline
#65 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 8:03:21 AM(UTC)
KellySmelser

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I'm a homeschooling mom of 4 but have 2 foster children in public schools. I love crafting but don't use my cricut for school. I would be interested in learning ways to use it though. The one project I am going to create is a banner with an owl... But I'm trying to decide on what word to put on the banner. I'm thinking about either learn, knowledge or wisdom..
I would welcome ideas for my banner as well as ideas for use during school.
Scraprageous Offline
#66 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 8:22:36 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

A few ideas I had (my kids are too old for some of these right now) I can't remember if these were listed previously - if so, not trying to take over anyone's ideas - just cleaning and meant to post

Banner - love the wisdom with owls or knowledge

Geography - State cartridge - lap book of various states or even make your own book the shape of the US. Cut out US shape in chipboard (twice) and add holes - cut enough papers to go inside = between 25 and 50 sheets (or keep it simple and make square or rectangular covers) . Part of their day could be picking a color to cut their state, have a supply of stars to attach for capital, use our world (or community - I cannot remember which right now) to add important products of the state.

Sciene lap book - use the paper dolls everyday for the test tubes/beakers/clipboards and such - have them put a new one each day they take notes - clipboard to start the section for materials/methods/ etc. Use a magnifier for the results/conclusion section. Get them into the habit of good science notes/methods while they are young.

History - tons of images there - after recording what is needed for that particular day - let the kids cut their own and assemble. If you want to incorporate with art - make stick type puppets and they can do a 'play' of the subject/topic (ex: dolls for Louisiana purchase project - add canoes, money symbols, etc.)

Spelling - the sets of phonetic symbols (ex: silent e, long a, etc. just cut out and assemble on cards for use with spelling lessons - we used spelling power, they would work great there)

Math - if young enough - make charts one with one whatever, etc.. Or matching - basket with numbers you put on top then they take cherries or bananas or whatever to put with the character.

Science - make the project boards - use the cricut for lettering and all. Scrapbook supplies for matting photos/materials/methods/etc.

We used the cricut for science and history as I didn't have one for the spelling and math - just made those things by hand when kids were younger. The cricut would have been wonderful at that point.

There are a lot of other things - signs for drivers ed (we used power points instead), making pieces for fun science stuff (ex: little paper dolls to use when studying blood spatter in forensics), and figures from our world when studying various other countries.

KellySmelser Offline
#67 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 10:16:23 AM(UTC)
KellySmelser

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Those are some great ideas Scraprageous! Thank you!BigGrin
Godot's Girl Offline
#68 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:28:34 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2781 time(s) in 1666 post(s)
My 3 sons attend public school, where I also substitute teach, but my dream has always been to homeschool. DH says they need the public school experience, and as an obedient wife, I do no argue. However, I have always chosen a few projects for them to work on over the summer. We have delved into wonderful books they either have not read or only get to read excerpts from in their school, learned about our family history, learned about our different nationalities, and even learned Spanish and sign language. As I only got my Cricut this past Christmas, I have not gotten to use it for the units I plan for them, but have started to make some things, and replace old items, with it for our up coming summer project....learning all about the electorial process in our country and what a few other countries do to choose (or not, as the case may be) their leaders. I have made a huge map of the U.S., with all the states on Velcro, from the 50 States cartridge, as well as a globe with other highlighted countries, and a few other items from various cartridges thus far. Even though they are teens, my guys are still excited about this. Especially since we had a small lesson about voting when our state's (Ohio) primary was held on March 6th. I had each son research a few different candidates in different categories and they participated in a mock debate. I made up ballots (due to a chronic illness, I voted absentee this year, so knew everything that would be on it), and then we had our own election. This really hit home with them this year, as our school district had a levy on the ballot, which had failed in November. We were looking at losing our Magnet schools, Gifted and Talented program, music, band, art, sports, as well as some other wonderful programs. It was a hot issue, and my guys particularly enjoyed learning about it. It passed, narrowly, this time, though some programs will still have to be cut. I am so sorry for the length of this post. I am a passionate home school supporter, and truly respect all of you who are blessed enough to be able to undertake such an important task. Bless you all and keep up the wonderful work you are doing!
Godot's Girl Offline
#69 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:50:35 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2781 time(s) in 1666 post(s)
Btt in hopes of attracting followers to this thread!
Scraprageous Offline
#70 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:04:35 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

The new year has begun (for our home school, that is BigGrin )

Two high school age kids and a four day week. I changed from giving Friday or Monday off to giving Wednesday "off". That is actually co-op day, so they still have to work, but it allows for some catch up time if needed or time for their research.

So - how is your school year going?

claudiaj4ihs Offline
#71 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:41:05 AM(UTC)
claudiaj4ihs

Hello Homeschoolers,

I'm looking for ideas for lapbooking templates that can be done by cricut- cartridges. Are there other cartridges besides the mini-books? I prefer not to have to cut the templates by hand Bored

Thanks!