Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:32:11 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 373 post(s)
I just finished these for my son's baptism. I take constructive critisism.

ALI

Tutorial: http://crafteermisadvent.../01/angel-cake-pops.html

EDIT: The angel wings are from Girl's Makeup Party and the Halo's are from Accent Essentials.

Edited by user Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:35:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
DSC06918.JPG (2,399kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
DSC06921.JPG (2,438kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
CrafteerMisadventures attached the following image(s):
Angel Cake Pops.JPG
 4 users thanked CrafteerMisadventures for this useful post.
ladybugstamper on 10/8/2011(UTC), Teresa Turner on 10/8/2011(UTC), Creative Adventure Mom on 10/9/2011(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 1/8/2012(UTC)
CatherineMalvagno Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 3:32:34 PM(UTC)
CatherineMalvagno

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 120 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AliciaPettus Go to Quoted Post
I just finished these for my son's baptism. I take constructive critisism.

ALI

EDIT: The angel wings are from Girl's Makeup Party and the Halo's are from Accent Essentials.

VERY CUTELove
lizzieming Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 4:26:50 AM(UTC)
lizzieming

Was thanked: 543 time(s) in 397 post(s)
Omg! I love these! Great job!
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:55:08 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Too nice! How did you make the eyes extend outward? Did you mix icing in with the crumbled cake to make the pops?
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:36:30 AM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

United States

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Too nice! How did you make the eyes extend outward? Did you mix icing in with the crumbled cake to make the pops?

The eyes are drps of icing. What I did was cut a circle on chipboard and used the negative image as a "template/stencil" to put the icing in and get a perfect eye. Then I colored it in with a marker. I was later looking at the cake section at hobby lobby and Wilton makes pre made eyes, so some pops had my eyes, som had wiltons... You live and learn....lol

Yes, the pops were done with lemon cake and lemon frosting. There is a blog called www.bakerella.com that has beautiful ideas, she has a book and a how to on youTube. They are very simple to do... BigGrin
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:17:40 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AliciaPettus Go to Quoted Post
The eyes are drps of icing. What I did was cut a circle on chipboard and used the negative image as a "template/stencil" to put the icing in and get a perfect eye. Then I colored it in with a marker. I was later looking at the cake section at hobby lobby and Wilton makes pre made eyes, so some pops had my eyes, som had wiltons... You live and learn....lol

Yes, the pops were done with lemon cake and lemon frosting. There is a blog called www.bakerella.com that has beautiful ideas, she has a book and a how to on youTube. They are very simple to do... BigGrin

Thanks once again for replying!

Some of the eyes in the picture are different? If they are, then girl, you don't need Wilton! Wilton NEEDS YOU! lol

I will have to check out the link! Thanks!

I have so crumbled cake waiting for me to make the pops but my issue is that I cannot use the Wilton melts because it has milk in it. I am trying to figure out a way to cover the pops without the dairy, eggs or soy.

P.S. please put your cake pop tip with the link along with any other tips you would like to share in the Tips and Recipe thread! Thanks!

Edited by user Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:35:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:22:54 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

United States

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Thanks once again for replying!

Some of the eyes in the picture are different? If they are, then girl, you don't need Wilton! Wilton NEEDS YOU! lol

I will have to check out the link! Thanks!

I have so crumbled cake waiting for me to make the pops but my issue is that I cannot use the Wilton melts because it has milk in it. I am trying to figure out a way to cover the pops without the dairy, eggs or soy.

P.S. please put your cake pop tip with the link along with any other tips you would like to share in the Tips and Recipe thread! Thanks!

I've had to also work my way around stuff, my mother is allergic to o gluten, so if you notice, my cakes have two layers, big part is normal cake, small top part, gluten free. I follow this blog that has gluten free, dairy free egg free recipes, and she did one for cake pops with marzipan. Here is the link: http://glutenfreegirl.com/gluten-free-cake-pops/. It's full of great ideas.
#8 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 11:45:53 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

United States

Mercy, I found the dairy free cake pops I remember seeing, here is the page http://andloveittoo.com/...and-dairy-free-heavenly/

And recipe:

Cake Pops

1 Chocolate Cake (I used the one from the Almond Flour Cookbook, but feel free to do this with your favorite chocolate cake recipe/mix)

1- 10 oz bag Gluten Free, Dairy Free Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted.

Sprinkles, Chopped Nuts, Shredded Coconut or Sugar Crystals

24 large (6-8 in) lollipop sticks

1 large, flat Styrofoam rectangle

24 large lollipop bags

Curling Ribbon

Allow cake to cool completely.  To form balls needed for the cake pops, knead 1-2 Tbs cake until you are able to roll dough into a play-doh like ball.  For the balls to hold to the lollipop stick effectively, the ball must feel somewhat firm to the touch.  If you find the ball is crumbling too easily, either remove some dough before kneading and rolling again or simply continue to knead until the appropriate texture is achieved (play-doh is the best definition I can give for the texture needed.  The dough will not be as gooey as play-doh, though you should note that it becomes obviously moist and holds more firmly in this process).  The ideal size for these cake pops is between ½ – ¾ inch, anything larger seems to have a difficult time holding together through the remaining steps. 

Melt chocolate however you are most comfortable.  I must note that no special contraptions or double boilers are required to melt chocolate effectively.  I do not, however, recommend melting chocolate on the stove unless you are using a double boiler to do so.  For time and efficiency, I melted the chocolate for these pops in the microwave.  To do so, simply set the timer for 2 minutes.  Stir the chocolate every 30 seconds for the first minute, every 20 seconds for the second minute or until the chocolate is completely melted.  If the chocolate cools too quickly, return bowl to the microwave and warm for just 20 seconds until the mixture is smooth once again. 

Lay a thin layer of toppings (sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut or sugar crystals) in a shallow dish large enough to hold three or four pops at a time, set aside.

Carefully roll 1 cake ball at a time in the melted chocolate, use a fork to help coat the cake ball completely while being careful not to crumble or break the ball in this process.  Remove chocolate coated cake ball from the melted chocolate and place in shallow dish with the desired toppings.  Repeat this process with only 3 or 4 cake balls at a time so as to prevent the chocolate shell from becoming to firm for the remaining steps. 

Insert lollipop stick to approximately ½ the depth of the cake ball.

Carefully lifting the cake ball, cover the remainder of the ball with the desired topping, turning slowly to cover all ends. 

Place each sprinkle covered Cake Pop onto Styrofoam rectangle, ensuring enough space between each pop to prevent from sticking to each other. 

Repeat this process with each cake ball until all have been covered and placed onto the rectangle to cool. 

Place pops, still cooling in the rectangle, into the refrigerator for approximately 10 minutes, or until chocolate shell has become solid. 

Once solid, place each pop into large plastic lollipop bag and tie with curling ribbon or metal wire to secure.  Clean lollipop sticks with warm wet paper towel, being careful not to get any water into Cake Pop bag. 

Makes approximately 2 dozen Cake Pops.

Enjoy!

Lowry Cuisine Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:58:31 AM(UTC)
Lowry Cuisine

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So cute, perfect idea for Christmas as well. I tried doing plain cake pops a few months ago, and they came out great just too sweet.
 1 user thanked Lowry Cuisine for this useful post.
CrafteerMisadventures on 1/12/2012(UTC)
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:34:08 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

United States