Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

littlemansnana Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:36:35 AM(UTC)
littlemansnana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Can anyone suggest some where that sells the supplies I need to use my Yudu? I was given one a few months back and ALL my children have ideas of shirts they want to make, Problem is the supplies. I went to the local retailers and if I buy that stuff I will be broke. It would be cheaper to go shopping and get them t-shirts. lol. I have googled some sites but I am not sure about them. If anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
cindystrailey Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 3:18:37 PM(UTC)
cindystrailey

I don't buy yudu inks too costly I buy simply screen pants for silk screening You can get it at Hobby Lobby it will work no matter what PC says or you can buy buy the pints at silk-screening supply dot com
that's the Ryonet corp.

Hope this helps

CraftySanSan Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:16:53 AM(UTC)
CraftySanSan

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I buy all my supplies from ryonet at silkscreeningsupplies.com use the 530a for a 5% discount. I also have video on youtube using the yudu and vinyl instead of emusion
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 10:49:50 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12575 time(s) in 5049 post(s)
Originally Posted by: littlemansnana Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone suggest some where that sells the supplies I need to use my Yudu? I was given one a few months back and ALL my children have ideas of shirts they want to make, Problem is the supplies. I went to the local retailers and if I buy that stuff I will be broke. It would be cheaper to go shopping and get them t-shirts. lol. I have googled some sites but I am not sure about them. If anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Yes, it is definitely cheaper to buy t-shirts... but you can't make the custom ideas in your head that way.BigGrin

Ink: I use Yudu brand (with coupons at Michaels), Enviroline sets (Ryonet with the coupon code on the message above), and Plaid Simply Screen (Hobby Lobby with a coupon).

Emulsion: I use liquid emulsion from Ryonet. It lasts 3 months and a small jar is $17 and will coat 20 or so screens-possibly more. To make it go easily, I always suggest getting a screen stand and scoop coater, but lots of ladies on this board don't use that stuff. Getting it will add $35 to your initial startup costs. It was worth it to me and I use my Yudu quite often! (Definitely try out the emulsion sheets that came with your Yudu- you can even cut them in half. Many of us find them hard to use, and at $10 a sheet, impossible to consider using past the freebies that came with the machine!)

Other stuff: You will need blue painters tape and lots of paper towels - Walmart is where I get that stuff. If you are wanting to print designs off of the computer, you will need transparencies for that. I get mine from Ryonet... and I bought some from Joann's when they clearanced them. I found the ones at Office Depot were never in stock and not cheaper.

I highly recommend buying a Pro squeegee (Yudu brand)-you can use a coupon at Michael's for that.

Hope that helps! Don't go crazy getting every color of ink. Just buy as needed for specific projects.
starcommander Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 4:30:22 PM(UTC)
starcommander

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I recently got some three pack inks from Cricutmachine.com for 4.95. Occasionally they have the same deal on E-bay for bidding. I also like using the Tulip Simply Screen inks from HL. You can get them for about 3.00 a tube without a coupon. I use the Speedball Photo Emulsion kits. I use the 40% off coupon and get the kit for around 18.00.
Hope this helps!
Patty
GypsyBoricua Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 5:12:43 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
In addition to what everyone said, I also use Dharma Trading. They also sell stuff for tie-dye and the blank t-shirts.
NewfyMom Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:30:26 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
http://www.dickblick.com/

I buy all my stuff from J's and M's. I mostly use Speedball inks but I haven't been making much lately. I love Yudu inks when I can get them cheap. I've heard great things about Jacuard inks. And Plastisol is the rubbery feeling ink that the pro's use. It isn't water soluable so you will need to explore it before using. There are a lot of good suppliers. You can also ask your local silkscreener where they get their supplies.
creichenbach7cca042b Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 12:00:26 PM(UTC)
creichenbach7cca042b

Yes, Simply Screen piants are great! But have you tried the Simply Screen Custom Silkscreen kit (available at Hobby Lobby for $39.99)? It is a light box that comes with its own screens. BUT these screens are already coated with the emulsion - no messy emulsion to try to apply to the screen. Check it out!
Teresa Turner Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 12:57:22 PM(UTC)
Teresa Turner

United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 114 post(s)
You can also mix the inks to get a custom color. Store them in a tightly closed container to use again. (I don't have a Yudu but we have a silk screen machine).