Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

erinschulte8aa6a744 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 2:28:31 PM(UTC)
erinschulte8aa6a744

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi anyone who is having the same problem as I am in trying to connect to my E2 to my computer. The new E2 with a version number ending in 1000 (on your Cricut screen touch the wrench, go all the way to the last screen and touch the "i". The numbers with the : between them is the version number. If it ends in 1000 this applies to you).

I called Cricut Support and the girl I spoke with said that all the new E2 machines with a version number ending in 1000 have this problem and they won't be recognized by your computer. She said that Provocraft's IT group are working on a solution for this but there is no timeline for a fix. She advised me to try again in a week or so and just keep trying. I suggested that perhaps when they have a fix they could post it on the messageboard to let everyone know and she said she would pass that along.

Not much help I know but at least this may save others from trying everything under the sun like I have to fix a problem there is no solution for yet!

ErinUnsure
 3 users thanked erinschulte8aa6a744 for this useful post.
Narelle on 1/20/2012(UTC), robyn.tullos64af3bd0 on 1/29/2012(UTC), Coquette on 2/4/2012(UTC)
wodkakaz Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:33:51 AM(UTC)
wodkakaz

Thanks for the info....just checked and mine ends in 1000 :-( Just spent 4 days solid tearing my hair out trying to figure this out from trying to manually find drivers, turning on and off my firewall and antivirus, re-setting stuff on my laptop and generally thinking I was a complete idiot !!!!

This E2 is my first electronic cutter and will probably be my last !!!!

Thanks again for the heads up :-)
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:13:29 PM(UTC)
erinschulte8aa6a744

Originally Posted by: wodkakazc600cbb9 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the info....just checked and mine ends in 1000 :-( Just spent 4 days solid tearing my hair out trying to figure this out from trying to manually find drivers, turning on and off my firewall and antivirus, re-setting stuff on my laptop and generally thinking I was a complete idiot !!!!

This E2 is my first electronic cutter and will probably be my last !!!!

Thanks again for the heads up :-)

I did the same thing...I have also now posted on the Cricut Facebook page, the message board and sent an e-mail asking Provo Craft to please post a message once the problem is fixed so we don't just have to "keep trying" to see when it will be fixed.
 1 user thanked erinschulte8aa6a744 for this useful post.
wodkakaz on 1/23/2012(UTC)
spiritualpassion93f828f5 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 8:15:59 AM(UTC)
spiritualpassion93f828f5

Thank you thank you for posting this!! I have just searched the web over and spent a day and a half trying to upload drivers, plug in and unplug, downloaded cricut craft room like a million times, left my cricut on sync for MANY hours wondering what was wrong with it! I read your comment, checked my printer and sure enough- it ends with 1000!!! Thank you or I may have also wasted many days trying to sync my cricut to my computer so I could use this great craft room they keep talking about! I wish they would post a disclaimer somewhere about the 1000 models that are not yet able to sync properly to the computer!! Angry I will now go and clean up my computer from trying to upload one too many drivers!! thank you!!!!
Shari Sinclair Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:37:49 PM(UTC)
Shari Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Angry I am so irritated with this E2 problem! Today I called tech support and was told the problem had been fixed last Friday with the gadget serial v2.4 problem. I have spent the last 11 hours loading/unloading, plugging in/unplugging, I'm guessing the problem is still not fixed. This is ridiculous! I guess the upside is that I'm not alone in my frustrations. Shari
kelseykjb3 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:12:21 PM(UTC)
kelseykjb3

Just wanted to leave a comment, so if it gets fixed, and someone posts on here I get a update!! In the mean time I will be sitting here staring at my e2, trying to WILL it to work!! Maybe if I cut "I think I can, I think I can over and over!!!
dkocourekd5bcf2e5 Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:13:07 PM(UTC)
dkocourekd5bcf2e5

I've got the same issue. PLEASE let any of us who have these dreaded 1000 machines if anything is fixed!!!! Thanks sooooo much!!!Glare
kapippin8cd6b0cd Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:07:24 PM(UTC)
kapippin8cd6b0cd

Yes I got the same answer from them.....except that it has already been 2 weeks since I called and.....NO FIX.....so irritatingCursing
gjmyers23019c8fc8 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:36:09 PM(UTC)
gjmyers23019c8fc8

This is my first Cricut machine and I am so frustrated because I cannot connect it..My husband has spent his last 3 days off of work trying to get me connected to the craft room Angry ..I was so excited but I feel uninspired and disappointed. I waited so long to finally get one and now there are problems. If anyone finds out anything that would be great..Good luck to everyone
robyn.tullos64af3bd0 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:05:21 PM(UTC)
robyn.tullos64af3bd0

I am SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!! This is my second Expression 2. The first one had an electrical short in it, so I sent it back. I now have one of these new Expression 2 machines that can't be recognized by craft room. Most of my cartridges are digital!!! I should have bought a silhouette cameo!!!

Robyn
melodylanedesigns Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:09:51 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1924 time(s) in 944 post(s)
I don't get it? How could they make a machine like this and just make people wait. I have the E2 anniversary and have had no problems. I think if PC does not have a fix in a week they should take them all back because they do not work as manufactured. How will they ever fix it if you can't hook up to computer? Can you upgrade with out a computer. Sounds like the factory messed up and needs to fix it.
gigglesnsquiggles20033475de76 Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:50:33 PM(UTC)
gigglesnsquiggles20033475de76

I got the E2 Anniversary Edition for Christmas, I couldn't connect it so they made me send it back and they replaced it with a normal E2 Cursing... now this one won't connect! I was told 3 weeks ago that it would be fixed the following week, then when I called back because it wasn't fixed, I was told that it would be fixed in a week and it has now been 2 weeks without a fix! I'm so disappointed in the products that they have been producing!Angry
HollyHudspeth Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 8:17:32 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 316 post(s)
If you go to the E2 forum on the boards you will find out how to restore your machine. That is fixing it for most people. I unfortunately have to have my machine replaced. I am still waiting on the email that will allow me to call Fed Ex for pick up. Apparently I am not getting anything from Cricut via email at all and my sign on keeps failing where I have to renew it. They haven't fixed that problem either. If the restore won't go all the way through, you too probably have to have your machine replaced.
stormytonya Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:04:34 PM(UTC)
stormytonya

United States

I have the same problem and talked to them a week ago they told me the update will fix it but it will be a month or so. I said so I have to wait months for this to be fixed and she said" No it shouldn't be months they are working on it now so within the next month or so" well to me that's not promising enough so hopefully my report to the BBB will get me somewhere quicker they have to respond to the BBB by the 15th we shall see. I just find it so hard to believe that a company of this size and what they charge for all this equipment they can't try a little harder to satisfy good paying customers.
MargoRemet Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:05:11 PM(UTC)
MargoRemet

This is my second replacement. The USB ports were bad on the first two. This new one has a better usb port, but unfortunately will not work with craft room or Gypsy until the update comes out. Very frustrating.
Coquette Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:24:27 PM(UTC)
Coquette

This applies to me and I am very annoyed as there are project I need to have done! I can't wait a month for a software update. These idiots need to hire new software engineers! I don't understand how they could put out hardware before the software is working. I don't see what the rush was to get these out. . it's not like they've got another big competitor out there for this market! I will put in a complain with the BBB and where ever else I am able to. There is no reason I should have had to pay full price for device that's not working as advertised in print.
susieniemillerc16cfbc0 Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 6:18:38 PM(UTC)
susieniemillerc16cfbc0

Got the same reply from the lady I talked to a few days ago... Told me a week, and she has been telling you guys a week for months now,

so I guess we are going nowhere quick.. Susie
Mel P. Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 10:51:06 AM(UTC)
Mel P.

United States

I have that also, and I can't use the CCR! ugh. Mellow
shannon_chiasson9b42f0c2 Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 12:13:19 PM(UTC)
shannon_chiasson9b42f0c2

Angry I'm having the same issues that everyone else is having. I spoke to someone about a week ago and was told that they were working on this problem but couldn't give me a date when it will be fixed. Told me to keep plugging in my cricut to my pc to see if it was fixed. When I plug in my cord to my machine it is telling me that my code was malfunction, is anyone else having the same issue!! This is my first Cricut and I'm so so upset that I can't use the cricut craft room, I don't have any cartridges because I was planning on using the ones in the craft room. So I'm stuck using the preloaded cartridges for now. I hope they fix this issue soon. I already threw my box away because I had no where to store it and assume that since was able to cut with it that it was fine never thinking that I would have issues hooking it up to the computer.
Mercy Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 1:54:09 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
I am sorry to say that the update for the E2 has not been released yet as they are still working on the update. Hopefully the update will be released soon.
Mel P. Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:44:49 PM(UTC)
Mel P.

United States

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
I am sorry to say that the update for the E2 has not been released yet as they are still working on the update. Hopefully the update will be released soon.

Thanks,Bored I try to update every two days or so just to see if it has come out.
Shari Sinclair Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:33:59 AM(UTC)
Shari Sinclair

United States

Hi everyone! Yesterday I spoke with the folks at Cricut and was advised that the gadget serial v2.4 problem had been fixed on Monday. I logged into the classroom and was prompted to update. After the update, the craftroom finally recognised my E2 and I was able to cut. However, the cutting was painfully slow. The update does not enable the Series 1000 E2 to synch yet - I was told they were still working on that issue. Let me know if the update works for you and also let me know if your cutting speed is slow. Thanks, Shari
jacksogbc244f95 Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:27:50 PM(UTC)
jacksogbc244f95

I just tried syncing my E2 thru my computer and got error msgs that this driver was not found and the Gadget Serial v2.4 was not installed. So I guess or I am assuming that this still has not been fixed since I couldnt snyc and update my E2. Angry
jacksogbc244f95 Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:28:57 PM(UTC)
jacksogbc244f95

I just tried syncing my E2 thru my computer and got error msgs that this driver was not found and the Gadget Serial v2.4 was not installed. So I guess or I am assuming that this still has not been fixed since I couldnt snyc and update my E2. Angry
Shari Sinclair Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:45:27 PM(UTC)
Shari Sinclair

United States

Cursing The gadget seril v2.4 problem is fixed for the 1000 series of the Expression 2. However, the sync is still not fixed. I was told by Cricut reps last week that they are still working on the sync problems. Thanks, Shari
Mercy Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 4:29:08 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jacksogbc244f95 Go to Quoted Post

When I tried to update my E2 I got that message. I am using Windows so this is what I did. If you have the 1000 firmware, then follow the below tips. If your firmware is not 1000, then click the below link and follow the directions.

http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/

I clicked out of that box which tried to add drivers to my computer but it would not do so because I needed to add the E2 drivers. Since you cannot Sync, if you do not have CCR on your computer, then add CCR to your computer. Make sure your E2 is connected and on. Hopefully a window should popup that asks if you want the drivers to be added, click yes and follow the prompt. Then you should be able to get into CCR. You might have to reduce the CCR window to see the popup. Afterwards, sign into CCR, click help and to add the CCR drivers. Let us know the outocme.
#27 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:52:56 AM(UTC)
erinschulte8aa6a744

Hallelujah! My E2 (1000 version) is now working. I did have to install Cricut Sync and update the firmware first but it's now cutting with CCR. It's slow as people have mentioned but I'm just happy to be able to use it!BigGrin
j7treharne86ecc26b Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 11:15:28 AM(UTC)
j7treharne86ecc26b

I have the 1000 version. I can't get the the sync to work I am getting multiple error messages the latest one states "The Cricut Bridge application has unexpectedly quit. Cricut Sync must close down now.You may try and re-launch Cricut Sync. If this problem persists, please contact customer support." I've tried re-launching and I get the same error. Before that it was saying something to the effect of there is a devise connected but it can't communicate with it.

2 questions:
1. What if anything can I do to sync it so it can update so I can use craft room? (Please go step by step because I am not a tech person.)

2. Are they doing anything for those that have these machines that won't work? Is there a newer version of the expression 2 that does work that we can exchange these for? Are they excepting returns for our money back so I can buy something else that does work?

I am so frustrated. As I know many others are. I was so excited about getting the cricut now it just makes me want to cry every time I look at it because I have spent so many frustrating hours trying to get it to connect to the computer.

I appreciate all of your help and for letting me vent some of my frustration.
Jen
deemarcos6ef375ae Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 6:27:15 PM(UTC)
deemarcos6ef375ae

hello, i am still having problems conecting my mac to the cricut machine via the cable, i have synced everything and tried everything, it will cut one time and then it will not find it anymore so i have to restart my computer and the cricut, i bought like 10 online cartridges and it is frustrating that i need the CCR and can't use it because it won't connect, anyone know what to do about it?