Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
sorrow.aprilcb99813f Offline
#91 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 10:40:51 AM(UTC)
sorrow.aprilcb99813f

Groups: Registered

Angry I have been trying to get my Imagine to work for 2 days now. It wouldnt work with the imagine more cart so me and my husband searched to find out what to do. We did a system reboot and that worked for the set up. None of my carts worked after it set up/ up graded. I tried to use CCR and it said that I wasnt connected to the imagine and said I need drivers for the usb ports to work. so I deleted the cricutsync and redownloaded it and did another system reboot like i saw Chris said to do when the computer dings with you plug in the usb ports but still doesnt read. Now my screen isnt showing up. the reboot screen isnt blue. Its white and faded. I have read almost every post here and havent found anything to help. I was looking forward to getting a cricut but now Im about to take it back unless I can get some help to make it work.Cursing
Aimee30 Offline
#92 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:35:13 PM(UTC)
Aimee30

United States

I just updated my imagine and it saying version 1.01 (0117:0035:0239:202A) Is this the latest update or do I keep going?
Coah'sNana Offline
#93 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:31:51 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 17176 time(s) in 4575 post(s)
That's the latest version.
sweettooth Offline
#94 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:48:00 AM(UTC)
sweettooth

Was thanked: 287 time(s) in 199 post(s)
What are the advantages to the latest update?
denubug Offline
#95 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 7:56:36 AM(UTC)
denubug

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 347 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sweettooth Go to Quoted Post
What are the advantages to the latest update?

You might find that regular cartridges-like Lites: 9 months, CTMH P, and other event carts, will not be read/get message to update or something else to that effect...or newer Imagine ones. I could not get my "I" to read Blossoms, Nursery Tails and Texture Nature..PC notified and was told to update..once updated-only NT and Blossoms did not work(I got both of them replaced and now working!)Do one update at a time...don't get alarmed if it freezes...I just turned "I" manually off, unplugged the usb, restarted pc(I have window7)....then restarted pc, plugged usb from "I", followed the prompts,opened cricutsynch....and retried.....make sure you have screen saver off...It took me three tries....and no.... I did not bothered with doing the "reformat" of the I. Good Luck!LOL
isbellcourtney3c2fd16b Offline
#96 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 11:32:40 AM(UTC)
isbellcourtney3c2fd16b

Hello, I am not sure if anyone else has problems with this but my imagine keeps shutting down mid project, it never happens at the same point: sometimes during printing, sometimes during cutting, before I load the mat, while the mat is being taken in, while I am editing what I am about to print or cut. I have done the updates through cricut sync several times and it is still doing it. Very frustrating. It happens almost every single time I turn the machine on to use it.

Thanks Courtney
LissaBrooks Offline
#97 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 6:06:52 PM(UTC)
LissaBrooks

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I hadn't been able to update my Imagine for months and months. I had tried reinstalling the firmware and cartridge files, but nothing worked. For whatever reason, when I tried it today, the update finally started uploading to the machine (it would previously download, but was stuck at 0% upload). However, now it's stuck on "do not turn off device... installing library files."

I'm not sure what to do here. I can't "stop" the process and turning off the machine could damage it. It's been stuck here for over 30 mins now... going on an hour actually. HELP.
Coah'sNana Offline
#98 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:01:19 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Originally Posted by: LissaBrooks Go to Quoted Post
I hadn't been able to update my Imagine for months and months. I had tried reinstalling the firmware and cartridge files, but nothing worked. For whatever reason, when I tried it today, the update finally started uploading to the machine (it would previously download, but was stuck at 0% upload). However, now it's stuck on "do not turn off device... installing library files."

I'm not sure what to do here. I can't "stop" the process and turning off the machine could damage it. It's been stuck here for over 30 mins now... going on an hour actually. HELP.

I see your post is from about 3 hrs ago. Did it finish? You didn't say if you were doing an update or a restore. A restore definitely could take longer.
Coah'sNana Offline
#99 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:03:52 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Originally Posted by: isbellcourtney3c2fd16b Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I am not sure if anyone else has problems with this but my imagine keeps shutting down mid project, it never happens at the same point: sometimes during printing, sometimes during cutting, before I load the mat, while the mat is being taken in, while I am editing what I am about to print or cut. I have done the updates through cricut sync several times and it is still doing it. Very frustrating. It happens almost every single time I turn the machine on to use it.

Thanks Courtney

What is the firmware/content version on your machine? (0117:0035)?? If you are not at that version, you should update. If you are at that version, have you tried doing a restore? There is a sticky at the top of this form with step by step instructions on how to do that. Are you using the machine alone or with a Gypsy or CCR?
GypsyRoe Offline
#100 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:16:27 PM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Was thanked: 3196 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Originally Posted by: isbellcourtney3c2fd16b Go to Quoted Post

Thanks Courtney

Yes, that has happened to me, so frustrating!!! I had to call PC and then they had me do a restore and my Imagine machine would not do the restore.....kept freezing! I had to send it back and now I'm waiting for another one.

Call PC on Monday and have them help you.
isbellcourtney3c2fd16b Offline
#101 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 12:52:15 PM(UTC)
isbellcourtney3c2fd16b

I am on that version, I am not using anything with my imagine just the cartridges. I will probably call PC tomorrow and find out what I need to do. I have done the restore before and it hasnt not helped.
Thanks!
heather.lydon525276f5e2f Offline
#102 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:05:57 PM(UTC)
heather.lydon525276f5e2f

Angry My Imagine does not work with the Craft Room. I hate it!!! I love my expression but hate my Imagine!!
symmonds.lesley32f913bb Offline
#103 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 4:01:12 PM(UTC)
symmonds.lesley32f913bb

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is there any update on when the problem with CCR bridge and the Imagine will be fixed. I am still using V1.0, build 132 because all newer builds will not allow me to cut on my Imagine. I keep getting the standard "yes we are working on that and it is a priority" message from PC but this has been broken now for 6 months. Why would PC release a new build without this fix??

Mad Cursing
mvaughn913d6616d42 Offline
#104 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 6:46:15 PM(UTC)
mvaughn913d6616d42

Bought my cricut imagine on 9/27 and couldn't WAIT to get it out of the box. I was SO excited and jumping around HL when I found it on clearance super super cheap. When I finally had some free time (nap time, whew!) I unboxed that sucker and set it up.

OF Course I had an issue with it! First when I plugged it in, it didn't recognize that it was a new user and bi-passed all of the setup stuff. I played around with it for a bit and found where to calibrate everything. I found it odd that it wouldn't cut. Hmmm... is it supposed to cut during the calibration or just print? Since I have another paper weight, oops, I mean cricut cake, I wasn't about to deal with a second. I was determined to get it right. I downloaded the cricut sync on my laptop and set off to get it corrected. It said that I had the most up to date software but when I tried to use a cartridge and cut something, the darn thing failed me.

So then, mama bear got pissed. I called Provo and told them I was already dissatisfied with another of their products I couldn't believe I had bought another. Their track record already sucked. She suggested to me to do a system reboot and hook it up to sync. AGAIN we had an issue. The stupid cricut sync kept locking up.

I figured it was my PC so I switched to the hubby's mac and BAM! 4, yes I typed 4, updates later, we FINALLY have the correct software any my cricut is cutting.

The most current and up to date software numbers should read:

0123:0035:0240:202C

That is per two provo people. So if you're having problems with your sync and you have access to a mac, try that. If not, and you're in the KC area, you can come use mine. ;) They had told me that if I couldn't get it to work, they wanted to do a screen share to investigate what was going on. Thank goodness I didn't have to go there.

I totally understand every one's frustration. After all of my issues with the damn cake one, I don't know why I was compelled to get this one, but I think now that I've got it up and going, it will be okay. :)

Good Luck --

K.Dee :o) Offline
#105 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 9:11:07 PM(UTC)
K.Dee :o)

Canada

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Congrats on your new addition - and also for winning that battle!!

I have a CC and the Expression love them both. New Gypsy is in the drawer, unopened. I am waiting for my new (to me) Imagine to arrive. I've not had any connected to the net before so will be busy updating and linking them all quite soon. Fingers crossed it goes semi-smoothly LOL but have decided to get well versed with the message board posts - just in case.

~K
Bri.Johnson07 Offline
#106 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:29:12 PM(UTC)
Bri.Johnson07

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, I see that you wrote this about a year ago, but I'm having some of these same problems now, My cricut simply will not connect when I try to sync it, I am being told all these things to do, but I can not do them since I can not get past the connecting stage! Please help!!!! Thanks Bri.Johnson07@gmail.com
Expressivelybuggin Offline
#107 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:11:03 PM(UTC)
Expressivelybuggin

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StaciRoe Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to do the Cricut Sync for my Imagine. When I click run and the window pops up that says connecting to device, it just hangs there. Do you have any suggestions?

I am having the same problem. I was able to update my expression and gypsy, but not the imagine. The machine says, "connected";sync says, "connecting" and hangs there.

Would someone from Provo craft please respond to this issue or if any of you know where I can find the answer please direct me to the link.

Thank
Lisa
Gadget girl Offline
#108 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 2:59:36 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Just wondered what the situation is with the Imagine now. I just popped in and have managed to get the CR working on my computer which I havent been able to do before but now my I wont connect. The usb makes a noise when its plugged into the computer but nothing after that. My numbers are (0123:0035:0239:202c) Any help appreciated. Thanks Susan
scrapalette Offline
#109 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:52:36 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Any one having problems, should call PC. There are contact numbers/email for CS, both USA and international, under the SUPPORT tab at the top of the forum.

The Imagine was discontinued and there will be no more updates for it. Sad
Kiethann Offline
#110 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:47:01 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 566 post(s)
I have an Imagine and have never been able to update it (had antiquated internet service) I now have internet satellite.....does that mean all of my money has been wasted on carts and the Imagine. dear me I sure hope not. thanks for any help or answer to my question.
scrapalette Offline
#111 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:13:30 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
You should be able to use Cricut Sync and update your Imagine, even if you never updated it before. If you can't get it updated, call CS and they will still troubleshoot with you.
tara.daisy9e136a1e Offline
#112 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 11:50:45 AM(UTC)
tara.daisy9e136a1e

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Any one having problems, should call PC. There are contact numbers/email for CS, both USA and international, under the SUPPORT tab at the top of the forum.

The Imagine was discontinued and there will be no more updates for it. Sad

Depends who you talk too!

I was told that they will be no new art work but that they will still support the imagine. Their website also says it works with all machines!

I only had 1 guy I talked to that said it never worked with CCR and won't be supported. he changes his tune when I called bullshit! A new rep started helping me out!
tara.daisy9e136a1e Offline
#113 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:08:36 PM(UTC)
tara.daisy9e136a1e

Mad

thought I would update you all....they replaced the first machine with a refurbished machine that they promised would work! It did not, I called to get it resolved and spent hours trying to get it working!

Didn't happen, asked for a refund and was told I needed the receipt or a confirmation from the store of the price. Said I would work on the store but it was a gift so no receipt!

I was offered a brand new expression 2 instead and declined as this is my 3rd cricut machine and I bought the imagine for the printing capability. I got the confirmation from the store and was told that it was not acceptable (even though it was what they asked for) and that I can have my lawyer contact them and that I am not longer allowed to contact provocraft.

even though the total refund I was asking for was $279 (including the digital content I purchased) and the expression 2 is worth more than that!

giggles9124 Offline
#114 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:28:05 PM(UTC)
giggles9124

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 29 post(s)
My Imagine works beautiful with the CCR, prints and cuts. I love my imagine! I wish PC would make more carts for this awesome machine!BigGrin
Kiethann Offline
#115 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 8:40:10 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Are the updates still available for the Imagine. Last time I posted, the day after I went into the hospital. Finally back on my feet and wondered if still can update the Imagaine. Thanks for any help or answers to my questions.
Narelle Offline
#116 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 8:59:28 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7902 time(s) in 3704 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
Are the updates still available for the Imagine. Last time I posted, the day after I went into the hospital. Finally back on my feet and wondered if still can update the Imagaine. Thanks for any help or answers to my questions.

Sure.... Just download and install the latest version of Cricut Sync and use that to update the Imagine.

http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync/
Kiethann Offline
#117 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:16:00 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

thank you! Will have to try it after the snow melts off of the dish.