Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TammyPrahl Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:03:01 PM(UTC)
TammyPrahl

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Help!!!!!! Just opened my Cricut Imagine. Read the instructions, followed the instructions. The machine has been sitting doing nothing for 2 hours. I was to power on the machine and wait for screen to tell me to install Cricut Imagine " Imagine More" cartridge. Which I did and nothing is happening. I've gone to provocraft website and dowloaded the sync software and attempted to sync and install update using the usb cable. The machine will not sync. It appears to not be communicating? Anybody else have this problem or is there something I haven't done. I guess I'll have to call Tech support. Cursing
newscrapper74 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:15:03 PM(UTC)
newscrapper74

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am really sorry you are having problems. I don’t own an Imagine yet however I recommend going to read other forums under the Cricut Topic and then the subtopic Imagine...there you will hopefully find someone that could be better help or maybe someone with the same issue. I would unplug and replug and restart of everything. I hope this was a little bit of help.

Edited by user Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:16:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TammyPrahl Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:15:59 PM(UTC)
TammyPrahl

Figured it Out. I'm reporting just incase somebody else has this problem. I downloaded the Cricut sync software from provocraft. It didn't work, so I selected the help button while I was on the sync screen (which did nothing). The help button gave me five different power type situations. I chose one about reformatting. Kind of scary but at this point nothing was working. I followed the instructions and low and behold the machine started to communicate with my computer. This process took a little time, but not only did it start communicating it also started to download the update. To make a long story short. Once the machine was working on its own and I went through the setup. I turned the Cricut off and back on and theBigGrin menu came up, I plugged in the Cricut Imagine " Imagine more cartridge" and got an error message. Bad Cartridge. I guess I now have something to talk to Cricut about tomorrow. I hope this might help some other NEWBIE.
 1 user thanked TammyPrahl for this useful post.
Newfygal on 10/23/2011(UTC)
newscrapper74 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:19:38 PM(UTC)
newscrapper74

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Glad things worked out maybe when I finally get mine I can use this as a resource BigGrin
Khrista Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:14:54 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 1395 post(s)
You should be able to do the updates via the cricut sync and don't need to use the cartridge. May take a while though depending what version you have on there now, but you may have ended up updating it already without realizing it. Try blowing on the cartridge too in case a piece of dust or something got up in there.

HTH
Khrista
SarahOBrien Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 8:52:53 PM(UTC)
SarahOBrien

Mellow The same thing happened to me today. I received my Imagine in the mail, unpacked it, followed the instruction, and when I got to the point of inserting the Imagine More cartridge in order to install updates, the machine didn't respond. The cartridge lit up, but the machine did nothing.

After reading your posts, I used Cricut Sync to do a complete restore. It took a long time (probably more than an hour), and the machine started working. Yay! BUT...

When I loaded the Imagine More cartridge again, the screen said that something is wrong with the cartridge. I tried again and again. No luck.

Since there were a few shapes and colors on the machine itself, I tried using a regular Cricut cartridge to print and cut a few shapes. No luck! The screen said my Imagine needed to be updated before I could use my old Cricut cartridges. Sigh.

SO...I opened up Cricut Sync again. This time, the update available (support content) would not work. I'm not sure why "support content" would enable me to use an old Cricut cartridge, but that was the only update available, so I tried it, and it didn't work.

So here I am on a Friday night frustrated because I can't call customer service until Monday. Argh.

Does anyone have a magic answer for me?
Khrista Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 9:28:24 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: SarahOBrien Go to Quoted Post
Mellow The same thing happened to me today. I received my Imagine in the mail, unpacked it, followed the instruction, and when I got to the point of inserting the Imagine More cartridge in order to install updates, the machine didn't respond. The cartridge lit up, but the machine did nothing.

After reading your posts, I used Cricut Sync to do a complete restore. It took a long time (probably more than an hour), and the machine started working. Yay! BUT...

When I loaded the Imagine More cartridge again, the screen said that something is wrong with the cartridge. I tried again and again. No luck.

Since there were a few shapes and colors on the machine itself, I tried using a regular Cricut cartridge to print and cut a few shapes. No luck! The screen said my Imagine needed to be updated before I could use my old Cricut cartridges. Sigh.

SO...I opened up Cricut Sync again. This time, the update available (support content) would not work. I'm not sure why "support content" would enable me to use an old Cricut cartridge, but that was the only update available, so I tried it, and it didn't work.

So here I am on a Friday night frustrated because I can't call customer service until Monday. Argh.

Does anyone have a magic answer for me?

You don't have to have the Imagine More cartridge to do the updates. The recommended is to use that if you can, but it not use CricutSync and it'll update it. (if it needs it.. the Imagine I just received back from PC was within one update so it was a quick sync to update it). If you open sync up and it's not looking like it's moving anything.. unplug the USB cord from your computer and plug it back in. If that doesn't work, unplug it again and plug it into a different USB port. Cricut Sync has it's own weird quirks. You need to make sure if you have an antivirus program (like McAfee/Norton)and/or firewall accepting cricutsync (or temporarily shut it down if you're not sure).

HTH.. if not, post in the Imagine forum under 'Questions for Chris (one of the engineers of it)'. Sometimes he pops up on the weekends.

:)Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
SarahOBrien on 7/30/2011(UTC)
SarahOBrien Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:03:07 PM(UTC)
SarahOBrien

Khrista,

I'm going to try what you suggested with the USB cords and ports and also turn off my Norton. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll also post in the Imagine forum under Questions for Chris.

Sarah
Khrista Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:10:48 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: SarahOBrien Go to Quoted Post
Khrista,

I'm going to try what you suggested with the USB cords and ports and also turn off my Norton. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll also post in the Imagine forum under Questions for Chris.

Sarah

Any luck?

ChristineJudge Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:23:53 AM(UTC)
ChristineJudge

Hi everyone, i have just bought my cricut imagine and i have had exactly the same prob as everyone else on here and your posts have helped. I am in the middle of doing a restore and the first part took all of about 10 mins but i am on the sending recovery data over and it has been like that for nearly an hour :(

I am hoping that it will work soon am i doing anything wrong can anyone advise me?

Thank you in advance

Christine
Khrista Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 8:00:46 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: ChristineJudge Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone, i have just bought my cricut imagine and i have had exactly the same prob as everyone else on here and your posts have helped. I am in the middle of doing a restore and the first part took all of about 10 mins but i am on the sending recovery data over and it has been like that for nearly an hour :(

I am hoping that it will work soon am i doing anything wrong can anyone advise me?

Thank you in advance

Christine

Is the green bar or percentage moving at all? Sometimes the Imagine will hang up for various reasons and I've had to unplug and plug my cord back into the usb port to get it going again. I've also had to close out cricutsync and open it up again. I've only ever done this when the Imagine screen shows as 'connected' and not the screen that says 'do not unplug.. etc. etc. (like a life or death message if you unplug it :) )'. If it doesn't have that one message on it, then unplug the usb from your computer and plug it back into the same or a different usb port. Give it about 10 seconds to see if the bar/percentage starts to move again. If it's still hung up, then I would close out of sync and reopen it and when it says it needs to update, unclick all of the boxes except the top one. Do that update, and then close and open it again and do the same thing for the next part. Sometimes helps to do it in more baby steps. If it's still not going through, I hate to say it that it could be a problem. I had one machine that I had to do a restore on and then it refused to take the content update. Never had that problem with any of the others I've had.

HTH
tarabeth81aa81d5b0 Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:38:26 PM(UTC)
tarabeth81aa81d5b0

I am having the same problem and very frustrated as well. I will try your suggestions but will likely have to call customer support tomorrow.
e.bergman8509bbace337 Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:34:37 PM(UTC)
e.bergman8509bbace337

So I have been working on trying to get my computer to recognize that my cricut imagine for 5 hours... When I stumbled a crossed this forum... So excited that all it took was turning off my anti-virus... Wish I had thought about that before I went to all the trouble that I have gone through... Thanks again...BigGrin
ekrohde86fc00989d Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:21:29 PM(UTC)
ekrohde86fc00989d

I am having a similar problem except that Sync will not upload to my Windows 8 computer. I cannot even get to the option to sync my Imagine and I have been trying for weeks. Norton is deactivated and the program acts like it has downloaded, yet is nowhere to be found on my computer. Please help!

Emily