Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mommacas Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:50:52 PM(UTC)
mommacas

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am not a professional educator, so I hope that isn't a problem! I was just told that this forum was the most appropriate for my question Blushing

I have seen a couple cartridges that have an animal for each letter, like Noah's and Zooballoo. I want to do a couple different projects for my daughter to help her learn both her ABCs and animals. Later on, I want to also do some projects for word building (using carts like Word Party). I was thinking maybe some flash cards, and then a felt board using velcro so she can play around by sticking the letters and animals up.

What cartridge do you think would be good for this? I like the idea of layering the letter on top of the animal (C on a Cat and so on), and also separate. Unfortunately, I am on a budget and can't buy a lot! I was hoping you guys would have some good suggestions to keep me on the right track ;)

Thanks so much. I think what I am most excited about with my the cricut is the educational stuff I can do with it..and scrapbooking of course ;)

Thanks!
 1 user thanked mommacas for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 9/20/2012(UTC)
Soshescraps Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:14:59 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1108 time(s) in 878 post(s)
I absolutely love Kates ABC's & Nates ABC's. Those carts are so cute and they have layers and things such a B is for Bumble bees and the cutest images. A garden word party is also cute. I think you can't go wrong with any of the classmates cartridges.

HTH
 1 user thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.
mommacas Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:29:13 PM(UTC)
mommacas

Thanks again ;)

I haven't yet looked into Kate or Nate's.. Will do for sure :)
mhjudge67 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:05:38 AM(UTC)
mhjudge67

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Soshescraps Go to Quoted Post
I absolutely love Kates ABC's & Nates ABC's. Those carts are so cute and they have layers and things such a B is for Bumble bees and the cutest images. A garden word party is also cute. I think you can't go wrong with any of the classmates cartridges.

HTH

Dang, now I have to go back and look at these lol. I'm a director in Early childhood, how did I miss this cart LOL
 1 user thanked mhjudge67 for this useful post.
Aiya <3 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 5:50:36 AM(UTC)
Aiya <3

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I also vote for Kate's and Nate's ABC! I LOVE THEM BOTH Love they are also much more versatile with other projects versus say Zooballoo. (Not that I am knocking the cartridge I am planning to get it and Noah's ABC). However, the font on Kate's is one of my fav (right up there with Storybook), and the images are so perfect for a little girl, and Nate is perfect for a little boy. These two plus Storybook are my most used and most loved Love
 1 user thanked Aiya <3 for this useful post.
Khrista Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 6:36:30 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mommacas Go to Quoted Post
I am not a professional educator, so I hope that isn't a problem! I was just told that this forum was the most appropriate for my question Blushing

I have seen a couple cartridges that have an animal for each letter, like Noah's and Zooballoo. I want to do a couple different projects for my daughter to help her learn both her ABCs and animals. Later on, I want to also do some projects for word building (using carts like Word Party). I was thinking maybe some flash cards, and then a felt board using velcro so she can play around by sticking the letters and animals up.

What cartridge do you think would be good for this? I like the idea of layering the letter on top of the animal (C on a Cat and so on), and also separate. Unfortunately, I am on a budget and can't buy a lot! I was hoping you guys would have some good suggestions to keep me on the right track ;)

Thanks so much. I think what I am most excited about with my the cricut is the educational stuff I can do with it..and scrapbooking of course ;)

Thanks!

There's a few. Noah's Ark which they intentionally did a letter of the alphabet per animal. Kate & Nate as mentioned. Animal Kingdom which is an older one with a bunch of animals. Create a Critter has cutsie ones. Wildlife.

If you check mycutsearch.com , you can put different animals in there and see what it brings up. You might see a common cartridge. I have the Word Building one's and they're great. The Caterpillar one (Garden of Words one) might be fun with spring coming and you could plant some stuff etc. also. I have the bugs all made with multiple 'heads' and we use them for sounds and words. Hope you post your project/s you make. Would love to see.

HTH
:)Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
AuntieKLE Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:58:35 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Cricut Lite Zoo Day has animals with letters on them.

Also, Cricut Lites "B is for Boy" and "Sugar and Spice" have images in an A B C order. You just need to add letters.

Most images would work too if you just add the letter to them. That way you wouldn't have to buy anything special.

I made a some file folder games for a teacher last Sept. I just used the images I had. One was for numbers and the other was for color words, but you could do the same for letters.

HTH

AuntieKLE attached the following image(s):
Colors File Folder Game (800x600).jpg
Numbers File Folder (800x600).jpg
Numbers File Folder Game with Shapes (800x600).jpg
Numbers File Folder Game words (800x600).jpg
 3 users thanked AuntieKLE for this useful post.
Creative Adventure Mom on 4/6/2012(UTC), briananp on 5/15/2012(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 9/20/2012(UTC)
mommacas Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:13:50 PM(UTC)
mommacas

Wow guys! Sorry it took me a little while to respond, but I am really grateful. This is great info! Thanks for the links, pictures, and ideas :) I am getting really excited now :)

I have checked out the cartridges mentioned, and they all would work great! I have to say that Noah's ABC looks adorable. The 3D stuff would be very fun to play around with. Kate's is very cute also.

I'm pretty excited to get started. I have the Nursery Rhyme cartridge on the way, and it has a font I can use. You guys are right, I can just be creative with what I have and make something fun for us to play and learn with. Then, add stuff as I go. Just have to get my machine back from Provo! Hopefully it will be in this week.

My daughter is 8.5 months old. I know I am jumping the gun on some of this, but she is my little miracle baby. She was born 2 months early, and she has a hole in her heart (VSD). We have to stay inside the house 24/7 and away from public as much as possible so she does not catch anything. It looks like in April she will be having heart surgery. She loves explore things, be read to, flip through books, and LOVES to babble and interact with her Dad and I :) so I I thought she might really like some animal flashcards.. That would be easy to have in the hospital for us to look at and talk about. The ABC's happens to be one of her favorite songs, so having the alphabet with the animal would be fun to flip and sing through.

My husband bought me a Cricut for Valentines Day so I could have something to tinker around with, and I have just decided it will be our fun time machine :)

Once again, thank you guys so much for the advice and information :) You are helping this noncreative Momma become creative!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:21:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
canon 335.jpg (1,966kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
Aiya <3 Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 8:57:24 AM(UTC)
Aiya <3

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So sorry mommacas that I just checked back on the forum! I am so happy you found our suggestions useful (and even it got my creative juices flowing on what I can make for my son!). I hope you daughters surgery went well and pray everything is going great. We have a neighbor who has a daughter who was born with the same issue. She had to have her surgery done young to poor baby, but she is now 8 and healthy and absolutely adorable. Inshallah your miracle baby will have a miracle recovery! I don't think you are jumping the gun at all, babies its amazing all the learning they can absorb, so go for it! Not only is she learning, but its great bonding time, and I love the fun time machine idea! BigGrin
 1 user thanked Aiya <3 for this useful post.
ConstanceShortel Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 10:24:46 AM(UTC)
ConstanceShortel

Was thanked: 1199 time(s) in 859 post(s)
I just did one for my Granddaughter. If you go to layouts, and look at Safari ABC pages you can see examples. I used Nates ABCs for my font, but since I was using pictures taken at Disney's Animal Kingdom, it didn't work well for cuts. I used mostly Noah's ABCs and Animal Kingdom, though Create a Critter and maybe a couple others were used too.

I wouldn't limit yourself to 1 cart. You have more freedom that way.
 1 user thanked ConstanceShortel for this useful post.
mhjudge67 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 2:27:44 PM(UTC)
mhjudge67

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AuntieKLE Go to Quoted Post
Cricut Lite Zoo Day has animals with letters on them.

Also, Cricut Lites "B is for Boy" and "Sugar and Spice" have images in an A B C order. You just need to add letters.

Most images would work too if you just add the letter to them. That way you wouldn't have to buy anything special.

I made a some file folder games for a teacher last Sept. I just used the images I had. One was for numbers and the other was for color words, but you could do the same for letters.

HTH

What cart did you use to make the folder pockets?