Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
KatStachowiak1 Offline
#91 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:17:32 PM(UTC)
KatStachowiak1

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

Originally Posted by: Coah'sNana Go to Quoted Post
Hi Kat, I feel your frustration. The rule of thumb is to try to do the update three times and then move on to the system restore. Many of us have gotten stuck at this point. Mine occured with the 10/26 update. You will have to close C-Sync in order to restart from scratch. Unfortunately, your machine will be left with no content until you can succeed with the update. If unplugging/replugging the usb cannot get you past the point you are at, you are stuck. Double check that your antivirus is not blocking the update, that you are not using a usb hub. Make sure your PC is not going into sleep/idle mode during the update. If you decide to stop sync, I would suggest retrying in the late evening or early morning. If after 3 attempts at this, follow the instructions in the System Restore sticky. Most people get through a system restore fine. Mine got stuck uploading file 2 of 2 and I was determined not to send my machine back. At that point, I stopped C-Sync and went back to the regular update and it worked. Updating this machine is no fun. No one seems to know why some people have trouble and some don't. If you can't get the update OR the system restore to work, then it's time to call support. Good luck and post back to let us know how you make out.


Hi Lori,
Thanks for the feedback. I did everything I did before (don't forget to turn your firewall off and disable the virus protection). I got to the same place as before with the machine saying not to disconnect or unplug....and for reasons I do not understand. It restarted like it was supposed to. I had given up frankly and left the room. For some reason having the Imagine closed rather than open seemed to work the best. I have no idea if that was a fluke or what. Anyway I am at 0117:0035:0329:202A
I read somewhere that this could possibly be the last update? Did i miss the part telling us how it will work from here forward?
Good luck to those still struggling.... don't give up.
Kat
Bloggin The Crafts Offline
#92 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 3:30:33 PM(UTC)
Bloggin The Crafts

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 113
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Update: My Imagine update kept getting stuck and would not update the Imagine Content Full portion. I called in today, spoke with Rita, who tried a few things. I had to leave, so she gave me some tips, told me to try those, and then e-mail her if they did not work and she would call me back. When those suggestions did not work I did e-mail her, but being impatient as I am, I decided to call back and not wait (that's totally MY fault!). The 2nd time I called in I spoke to Tori who again tried a few things, and we were able to get the Imagine fully updated! Yahoooooo!

I know there are lots of you out there who have had back luck with your Imagines, but I have been nothing but happy with mine. Anytime I've had an issue, ProvoCraft has been very willing and able to help me out.

Good luck to those of you that are still experiencing problems. Hopefully yours will be resolved soon.

Lori
Marisa Offline
#93 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:00:38 PM(UTC)
Marisa

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/22/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1

I haven't seen anyone with this problem yet:

When I turn on CricutSync, a window pops up saying that the device is detected but not communicating. It wants me to "recycle" the power on the device. I've never heard that term before (and I work in computers). I've restarted the imagine and unplugged and replugged.

Of course, PC has no support pages. Since they have no support pages online, one would think that customer service would be available all week, instead of just weekdays. Confused

First, my hopscotch cartridge wouldn't work (PC is "in the process" of sending me a new one), now my Sophisticated cartridge won't work without a BS update that won't work and there are no directions for troubleshooting.

So far this machine has been more trouble than it's worth.

Any ideas?
Khrista Offline
#94 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 10:28:46 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Marisa Go to Quoted Post
I haven't seen anyone with this problem yet:

When I turn on CricutSync, a window pops up saying that the device is detected but not communicating. It wants me to "recycle" the power on the device. I've never heard that term before (and I work in computers). I've restarted the imagine and unplugged and replugged.

Of course, PC has no support pages. Since they have no support pages online, one would think that customer service would be available all week, instead of just weekdays. Confused

First, my hopscotch cartridge wouldn't work (PC is "in the process" of sending me a new one), now my Sophisticated cartridge won't work without a BS update that won't work and there are no directions for troubleshooting.

So far this machine has been more trouble than it's worth.

Any ideas?


Recycle the power is turn it off and then on again. It's still not recognizing even after trying a different USB port?
GypsyLady Offline
#95 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:05:42 PM(UTC)
GypsyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 426
Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Thanks: 114 times
Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bloggin The Crafts Go to Quoted Post
Update: My Imagine update kept getting stuck and would not update the Imagine Content Full portion. I called in today, spoke with Rita, who tried a few things. I had to leave, so she gave me some tips, told me to try those, and then e-mail her if they did not work and she would call me back. When those suggestions did not work I did e-mail her, but being impatient as I am, I decided to call back and not wait (that's totally MY fault!). The 2nd time I called in I spoke to Tori who again tried a few things, and we were able to get the Imagine fully updated! Yahoooooo!

I know there are lots of you out there who have had back luck with your Imagines, but I have been nothing but happy with mine. Anytime I've had an issue, ProvoCraft has been very willing and able to help me out.

Good luck to those of you that are still experiencing problems. Hopefully yours will be resolved soon.

Lori


I just updated my imagine last night. Before the update, the Imagine would not cut out my regular cricut cartridges loaded on my gypsy without the cartridge being put in. Now everything works perfect. It no longer asks for cartridges just cuts like it should from my gypsy. The update only took about half an hour. Just thought I would let people know that the updates are not always bad. I have had no bad luck with any updates to date.
 1 user thanked GypsyLady for this useful post.
Khrista on 3/15/2012(UTC)
Coah'sNana Offline
#96 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 5:36:25 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,495
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Location: 'Almost Heaven' West Virginia

Thanks: 19836 times
Was thanked: 16478 time(s) in 4412 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyLady Go to Quoted Post
I just updated my imagine last night. Before the update, the Imagine would not cut out my regular cricut cartridges loaded on my gypsy without the cartridge being put in. Now everything works perfect. It no longer asks for cartridges just cuts like it should from my gypsy. The update only took about half an hour. Just thought I would let people know that the updates are not always bad. I have had no bad luck with any updates to date.



Hi GypsyLady, I found this post very interesting so I wonder if you could clarify a few things for me?

1) The problem you were having with the regular cartridges, was that in the Gypsy Imagine App? If yes, please see the list below and if you have any of these, let me know if you can cut from the GI app.
2) If you can cut from these, please post your Imagine Version, your Gypsy App version and your Gypsy Imagine app version.
3) Also, if you have TBBM2, can you tell me if you see it linked in the GI App?

Thank you!

Autumn Celebrations
Chic & Scary
CTMH Art Philosophy
Fancy Frames
Flower Shoppe
Giant Flowers
New Testament
Noah’s ABC Animals
Ribbons & Rosettes
Something to Celbrate
Sophisticated
Sweet Tooth Boxes
Type Candy




mlassete44ede54d Offline
#97 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:38:06 PM(UTC)
mlassete44ede54d

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/26/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2

Originally Posted by: Marisa Go to Quoted Post
I haven't seen anyone with this problem yet:

When I turn on CricutSync, a window pops up saying that the device is detected but not communicating. It wants me to "recycle" the power on the device. I've never heard that term before (and I work in computers). I've restarted the imagine and unplugged and replugged.

Of course, PC has no support pages. Since they have no support pages online, one would think that customer service would be available all week, instead of just weekdays. Confused

First, my hopscotch cartridge wouldn't work (PC is "in the process" of sending me a new one), now my Sophisticated cartridge won't work without a BS update that won't work and there are no directions for troubleshooting.

So far this machine has been more trouble than it's worth.

Any ideas?


Marissa, I have had this problem for about a month now. Before that, I had other issues. I cannot connect to CraftRoom, and the Imagine doesn't consistently work as a stand-alone either. I have had a variety of issues that Support says is due to a new update that is needed, but I cannot get it to communicate. I have been in contact with Support and they have sent the issue to the developers. One support person logged into my laptop and said all was OK. I received my machine as a Christmas gift and I am frustrated with not being able to use it after 3 months. If anybody has any ideas, please write - we would appreciate any help. Thanks!
Khrista Offline
#98 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:01:50 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mlassete44ede54d Go to Quoted Post
Marissa, I have had this problem for about a month now. Before that, I had other issues. I cannot connect to CraftRoom, and the Imagine doesn't consistently work as a stand-alone either. I have had a variety of issues that Support says is due to a new update that is needed, but I cannot get it to communicate. I have been in contact with Support and they have sent the issue to the developers. One support person logged into my laptop and said all was OK. I received my machine as a Christmas gift and I am frustrated with not being able to use it after 3 months. If anybody has any ideas, please write - we would appreciate any help. Thanks!



Hi. Your Imagine needs to be up to date to connect to CCR pretty much. You also need to install CCR, go to the help menu and install Imagine Drivers. Then try this process to use CCR (which is still in beta for the Imagine). Turn the Imagine on and let it boot to it's main menu. Open CCR and let it sit on that first login screen a moment and then login.

What is your machine doing when it's not working as a stand alone? CCR has known issues so that one doesn't surprise me, but it should work fine as a stand alone. What are all of the numbers on your 'about' screen? Maybe Coah and I can help you get it at least working better that way :)

:)Khrista
tpholland13ad03209 Offline
#99 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:31:49 PM(UTC)
tpholland13ad03209

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/17/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2

I purchased a used imagine. The imagine more cartridge that came with it, & the orginal cricut cartridges work fine. However, the 8 new imagine cartridges that I bought do not work at all. The machine knows they are there, but it cannot read them. Any suggestions?
GypsyLady Offline
#100 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:16:58 PM(UTC)
GypsyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 426
Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Thanks: 114 times
Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Coah'sNana Go to Quoted Post
Hi GypsyLady, I found this post very interesting so I wonder if you could clarify a few things for me?

1) The problem you were having with the regular cartridges, was that in the Gypsy Imagine App? If yes, please see the list below and if you have any of these, let me know if you can cut from the GI app.
2) If you can cut from these, please post your Imagine Version, your Gypsy App version and your Gypsy Imagine app version.
3) Also, if you have TBBM2, can you tell me if you see it linked in the GI App?

Thank you!

Autumn Celebrations
Chic & Scary
CTMH Art Philosophy
Fancy Frames
Flower Shoppe
Giant Flowers
New Testament
Noah’s ABC Animals
Ribbons & Rosettes
Something to Celbrate
Sophisticated
Sweet Tooth Boxes
Type Candy






Wow! I just have art philosophy, ribbons & rosettes,sophisticated and sweet tooth boxes from your list. I tried to cut with the imagine, no luck with those cartridges. It works fine with the rest of mine as far as I can see. Obviously there needs to be another update doesn't there. I am surprised that it doesn't work with Sophisticated or Sweet Tooth as those cartridges have been out for quite a while now compared to the others. Just when I thought I was ok....... maybe I should try another update?

Khrista Offline
#101 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:42:17 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyLady Go to Quoted Post
Wow! I just have art philosophy, ribbons & rosettes,sophisticated and sweet tooth boxes from your list. I tried to cut with the imagine, no luck with those cartridges. It works fine with the rest of mine as far as I can see. Obviously there needs to be another update doesn't there. I am surprised that it doesn't work with Sophisticated or Sweet Tooth as those cartridges have been out for quite a while now compared to the others. Just when I thought I was ok....... maybe I should try another update?




It's a glitch that's been there since an update back in Nov/December. They've yet to fix it. We were hoping maybe they had and it got by us :) Darn.

:)Khrista
tpholland13ad03209 Offline
#102 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:44:40 PM(UTC)
tpholland13ad03209

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/17/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2

I finally got my issue resolved!BigGrin I assumed I had to do an update, but was not able to. I am determined to a fault & could not let it go. FINALLY, I got the update to take & everything seems to be working fine now. Of course I lost most of my weekend, but it works, so it was worth it.
mlassete44ede54d Offline
#103 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 6:03:25 PM(UTC)
mlassete44ede54d

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/26/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2

Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Hi. Your Imagine needs to be up to date to connect to CCR pretty much. You also need to install CCR, go to the help menu and install Imagine Drivers. Then try this process to use CCR (which is still in beta for the Imagine). Turn the Imagine on and let it boot to it's main menu. Open CCR and let it sit on that first login screen a moment and then login.

What is your machine doing when it's not working as a stand alone? CCR has known issues so that one doesn't surprise me, but it should work fine as a stand alone. What are all of the numbers on your 'about' screen? Maybe Coah and I can help you get it at least working better that way :)

:)Khrista


Hi Khrista - Thanks for the help. I have installed all of the CCR drivers, programs, etc. I know that the Imagine needs updating, but that is the problem - I can't get connected properly. When the Imagine is not attached to the laptop, it re-boots at different stages of printing and cutting. Sometimes, it just pulls the mat through and reboots. When it reboots once, it goes through the reboot several times in a row - by itself. The numbers on the About screen are: 0117:0035:0240:202A - Cricut support has told me that it needs the next version. I'm told that the developers are working on it. Maybe I DO need a new cable - that was suggested on another thread. Thanks again! Melissa
Khrista Offline
#104 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 6:20:48 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mlassete44ede54d Go to Quoted Post
Hi Khrista - Thanks for the help. I have installed all of the CCR drivers, programs, etc. I know that the Imagine needs updating, but that is the problem - I can't get connected properly. When the Imagine is not attached to the laptop, it re-boots at different stages of printing and cutting. Sometimes, it just pulls the mat through and reboots. When it reboots once, it goes through the reboot several times in a row - by itself. The numbers on the About screen are: 0117:0035:0240:202A - Cricut support has told me that it needs the next version. I'm told that the developers are working on it. Maybe I DO need a new cable - that was suggested on another thread. Thanks again! Melissa


Your machine is updated within one update. It should not be rebooting when it's not plugged into anything, unless there is a specific cartridge you're using and then it could be the cartridge causing the problem. CCR is very finicky, so I'd take that one with a grain of salt so to speak :) and wouldn't be too concerned if it was just doing that with CCR as it's a known problem of CCR.

It should not be doing that when it's not plugged into anything. That is a problem. A cord wouldn't cause that either when you're just using a cartridge in the machine with nothing else plugged in.

So let's take CCR out of the equation for now. I apologize if some of these questions seem silly, but will help maybe narrow things down and I don't ever assume knowledge various things. What cartridge/s are you using when it's doing the reboot thing? Is it a mix of them? If not, what image/s is it? There are a few odd images (such as Belle's lips on one of the disney images.. ) that cause the machine to reboot. No idea why, but it's been that way. Are you putting the cartridges in the machine before you turn it on? one at a time?

When you called PC, did they have you do any trouble shooting through cricutsync or a system restore?

If you can answer those, Coah or I may be able to give you some other troubleshooting things or at least what to call PC and tell them you're having problems with. Sounds like they may have assumed it was just a CCR issue which has known problems with the Imagine and not quite connected that you're having problems when it's not connected to CCR.

:)Khrista
ScrappinGrannie Offline
#105 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:26:32 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGrannie

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 1/15/2007(UTC)
Posts: 34
Location: Arizona

Thanks: 16 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was an owner of the original cricut which my Mom now has. I own the gypsy, expression and imagine. I love the machines and the creative opportunities.

However, when I tried using the Craft Room with my Imagine yesterday, I ran into an issue. My Imagine version is 0123:0035:0239:202C

From what I can see this is the latest version, is that correct?

I can use my Imagine as a stand-a-lone with no issues. But when I tried to cut from the Craft Room so I could weld this project, this is what happens. The Imagine takes the paper, pulls it through, reads the black line, cutter assembly moves to the upper right hand corner.....and then it sits there for about 30 seconds and spits the paper out.

I have read some posts, it seems that perhaps I should try a re-store, would this be the correct course of action? If I do a restore, will I stay at the current version or will the machine revert back to a previous version where I will have to update again?

Thank you for your assistance.
Lisa
Coah'sNana Offline
#106 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:46:55 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,495
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Location: 'Almost Heaven' West Virginia

Thanks: 19836 times
Was thanked: 16478 time(s) in 4412 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGrannie Go to Quoted Post
I was an owner of the original cricut which my Mom now has. I own the gypsy, expression and imagine. I love the machines and the creative opportunities.

However, when I tried using the Craft Room with my Imagine yesterday, I ran into an issue. My Imagine version is 0123:0035:0239:202C

From what I can see this is the latest version, is that correct?

I can use my Imagine as a stand-a-lone with no issues. But when I tried to cut from the Craft Room so I could weld this project, this is what happens. The Imagine takes the paper, pulls it through, reads the black line, cutter assembly moves to the upper right hand corner.....and then it sits there for about 30 seconds and spits the paper out.

I have read some posts, it seems that perhaps I should try a re-store, would this be the correct course of action? If I do a restore, will I stay at the current version or will the machine revert back to a previous version where I will have to update again?

Thank you for your assistance.
Lisa


To answer your question a format/restore sets your Imagine to default but then C-Sync will also bring it back to the most current firmware/content levels.

In the case of using your Imagine with CCR, the format/restore will probably not help and will be a waste of your time. CCR has never been 100% successful for all Imagines owners (there were a lucky few), but I've been reading that after the last CCR update 2 weeks ago, more people are having problems with their Imagines and CCR. You might want to monitor the Craft Room thread for more information. HTH
ScrappinGrannie Offline
#107 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:17:49 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGrannie

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 1/15/2007(UTC)
Posts: 34
Location: Arizona

Thanks: 16 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Coah'sNana Go to Quoted Post
To answer your question a format/restore sets your Imagine to default but then C-Sync will also bring it back to the most current firmware/content levels.

In the case of using your Imagine with CCR, the format/restore will probably not help and will be a waste of your time. CCR has never been 100% successful for all Imagines owners (there were a lucky few), but I've been reading that after the last CCR update 2 weeks ago, more people are having problems with their Imagines and CCR. You might want to monitor the Craft Room thread for more information. HTH



Hmm, this is unfortunate. I have not had a problem in the almost two years I have owned my Imagine, until now. Thank you and thank you for pointing me to the other thread, I don't spend much time on the boards anymore. I will go and try to locate that thread now.
Lisa
Narelle Online
#108 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:38:28 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,972
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7884 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGrannie Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, this is unfortunate. I have not had a problem in the almost two years I have owned my Imagine, until now. Thank you and thank you for pointing me to the other thread, I don't spend much time on the boards anymore. I will go and try to locate that thread now.
Lisa

Just in case you can't find it Lisa here it is: http://main.cricut.com/communit...0_posts.aspx#post1444070

And here's the direct link to the interim fix: http://cricutcraftroomblog.blog...ng-old-build-of-ccr.html
sheryllcat600reb02a6a6 Offline
#109 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 2:33:01 PM(UTC)
sheryllcat600reb02a6a6

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/15/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3

Confused
Hello,

I've just joined the forum tonight and it has been a real eye opener. I had my first Imagine replaced because the attempted download stopped the machine reading regular cartridges. I was on the phone to customer support for over two weeks (from England!) and nothing they suggested was successful.

I have tried to download CCR tonight and now I am dreading trying to use my machine in case it has killed this new one. I should have read these posts before I tried to connect!

I was also interested to find out that I cannot download digital files in CCR because I don't have a Canada or USA address. Surely this shouldn't matter if I'm downloading?

I am now thoroughly confused and crossing my fingers that I haven't spent all that money on a machine that I cannot fully use.

PC really need to get this sorted otherwise they are going to lose a lot of customers!

Sheryll
Coah'sNana Offline
#110 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 3:18:57 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,495
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Location: 'Almost Heaven' West Virginia

Thanks: 19836 times
Was thanked: 16478 time(s) in 4412 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sheryllcat600reb02a6a6 Go to Quoted Post
Confused
Hello,

I've just joined the forum tonight and it has been a real eye opener. I had my first Imagine replaced because the attempted download stopped the machine reading regular cartridges. I was on the phone to customer support for over two weeks (from England!) and nothing they suggested was successful.

I have tried to download CCR tonight and now I am dreading trying to use my machine in case it has killed this new one. I should have read these posts before I tried to connect!

I was also interested to find out that I cannot download digital files in CCR because I don't have a Canada or USA address. Surely this shouldn't matter if I'm downloading?

I am now thoroughly confused and crossing my fingers that I haven't spent all that money on a machine that I cannot fully use.

PC really need to get this sorted otherwise they are going to lose a lot of customers!

Sheryll


I'm sorry you had problems with your original Imagine, but you are not alone. I hope your second one is working much better. There is a way for you to purchases digitals through CCR as an international user, I just don't remember what it is. You could either PM Bug Guide Narelle or post your question about that on the Craft Room thread and an international user will come along and tell you how. HTH
LindaBillings Offline
#111 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:27:23 AM(UTC)
LindaBillings

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/2/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2

Sold my Expression and purchased an Imagine trusting I would get a product that I would love. Guess What!!! Will not cut with the craft room --- frustrated to say the least! Would not recommend this to anyone!
Flo Offline
#112 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 2:29:47 AM(UTC)
Flo

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 3/4/2009(UTC)
Posts: 228
Canada
Location: New Zealand

Thanks: 21 times
Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LindaBillings Go to Quoted Post
Sold my Expression and purchased an Imagine trusting I would get a product that I would love. Guess What!!! Will not cut with the craft room --- frustrated to say the least! Would not recommend this to anyone!


Hi I updated CCR in the last few days and last night and today the Imagine has printed and cut with CCR. my only problem was as the images on the "christmas wish" cartridge are so close together it didn't cut them apart but it did cut round them. The tag and letter to santa had the same problem and the box cut out but not close enough to the cutting line to not have to trim it up and it didn't cut the holes in the side for the handle to go through. Having said all this it is still a big improvement on printing and not cutting at all. I will say it has a wait time sending the files to the imagine and then when I thought it had just printed again after a short while it burst into life again and cut. Hope you have more luck with the new update.
Bri.Johnson07 Offline
#113 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:17:20 PM(UTC)
Bri.Johnson07

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/30/2012(UTC)
Posts: 10

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseRolfe Go to Quoted Post
Hi there, if you have had recent problems with your Cricut Imagine reading cartridges, please know that there is a new update that will fix this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.


My Imagine wont connect to be able to sync at all, so I am unable to update.
Bri.Johnson07@gmail.com
Thanks
clay.dugger96ad2fb3 Offline
#114 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 1:01:24 PM(UTC)
clay.dugger96ad2fb3

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/24/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think that PC has abandoned the Imagine users. Couldn't update my wife's using the Mac. Now, the previously-working Imagine won't boot. Customer Support says I have to have a PC or I have to send it to them (they pay postage).

I'm thinking, hey, YOU broke it, why should I have to do ANYTHING to fix it?

PC really needs to make sure that their programmers actually know what they are doing. AND, get somebody who can program for a MAC! PC programmers CANNOT do it!
 1 user thanked clay.dugger96ad2fb3 for this useful post.
fluffybuster on 2/19/2013(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#115 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:55:40 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: clay.dugger96ad2fb3 Go to Quoted Post
I think that PC has abandoned the Imagine users. Couldn't update my wife's using the Mac. Now, the previously-working Imagine won't boot. Customer Support says I have to have a PC or I have to send it to them (they pay postage).

I'm thinking, hey, YOU broke it, why should I have to do ANYTHING to fix it?

PC really needs to make sure that their programmers actually know what they are doing. AND, get somebody who can program for a MAC! PC programmers CANNOT do it!


That's odd. I have a PC and a Mac. I've updated my Imagine using both. Been a few months though via my Mac. They've discontinued the Imagine. The message from PC is on the main cricut forum at the top as a sticky. Why it wasn't put in this forum (and I've asked), who knows.

:)Khrista
mylittleshoppe3e030ba48 Offline
#116 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:38:20 AM(UTC)
mylittleshoppe3e030ba48

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/28/2012(UTC)
Posts: 7

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
ok so I have just allowed my Imagine to sit on a shelf for a year now....because when I did an update it did not work right anymore. It would print but not cut....well actually the update would not load on the machine is what it said....I allowed it to stay hook to the internet for over and hour...and finally had to close it down...tried again the next day and it said it would not load on machine....so tried to use it as I had before and now it will not cut....I was so mad I have not used it but rather my expression...but I want the printing of the imagine back with the cutting....so do i need to junk it or send it to the manufacturer? I need serious assistance on this... thanks for any help!!!BigGrin
scrapalette Offline
#117 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:55:10 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 7/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,785
United States
Location: FB: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 8576 times
Was thanked: 19099 time(s) in 8532 post(s)
Call PC and they will troubleshoot with you over the phone.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages«<234
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 3.458 seconds.
nebo-cricut-01