Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
VickiRudel Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:55:08 PM(UTC)
VickiRudel

Groups: Registered

Does anyone have the new Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 cart and done any projects? I have cut 3 different boxes and none of the scoring lines are matching up. I have done the cut first and then changed the housing to scoring and that didn't work. I reversed the procedure and still does not match up. Paid quite a bit of money for this from cricut directly and very frustrated right now. I'm on hold with cricut right now and I'm really not holding out much hope. Any help is appreciated. Vicki

Edited by user Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:57:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: didn't reference cartridge in body of post

LindaHortter Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:23:57 PM(UTC)
LindaHortter

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Which machine are you using? It looks to me that it needs to be the Expression or older machine, do not unload paper. Book says to score first. I just got mine tonight, but haven't tried it yet. Luckily I have 4 machines, baby bug (TBBM2) has cuts for the smaller machines, the Expression, Expression 2 and the Imagine!
VickiKeyzer Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:34:05 PM(UTC)
VickiKeyzer

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am also having the same issue with my new TBBM 2 cartridge. Scoring lines are not matching up to cut. How or what am I supposed to do to get this to work for me? Any suggestions and help is appreciated. Thank you so much.
Vicki
ReneeForsythe Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:21:20 PM(UTC)
ReneeForsythe

I just got this cartridge and can't get it loaded to my Gypsy. I got the message to update my gypsy--which I did (twice), but I keep getting the update message. Contacted Provo and they told me to try updating again on the third Thursday of the month. VERY unhappy....
franrn24784ef270 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 5:02:55 PM(UTC)
franrn24784ef270

I was told they do not have the cartridge in a down load for craft room yet. They sell a cartrige that won't even work unless you have a big machine and a key board you can't use it. TBBM2 looks like a great cartridge if I could us it with the 49.00 price tag you would think they would get working on the problem before we return TBBM2. It's been over 2 weeks and they know that there is a problem so where is the fix??????? It's bad enough you can't use craft room unless you have a internet connection they think their going big time but dissapoint us once again. Crying
a1icia_read1e774061 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 11:50:22 AM(UTC)
a1icia_read1e774061

Yeah I've wasted a lot of paper trying to get the score lines to match up with the cuts. Pretty frustrating. Didn't find anything in the instruction booklet either that tells you how to cut them properly.
VickiKeyzer Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:48:53 PM(UTC)
VickiKeyzer

I watched a youtube video of TBBM 2. She showed to cut, press load mat after the cutting, change to the scoring blade, push SHIFT, press the button of the image and then press CUT. I am going to see if this works for me. Hopefully it will.
dougsfancyfaceb9b3f24d Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:28:04 PM(UTC)
dougsfancyfaceb9b3f24d

Angry I'm having the same problem have the expressions 2. Waited to get this cartridge then two weeks to use it with the scoring blade and wasted tons of paper trying to get this to work had no luck at all tried changing size real dial size everything . Just think that if they are going to make a cartridge that requires a scoring blade they should 1st include some instructions and 2nd make sure the two things really do work together.
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:44:53 PM(UTC)
dougsfancyfaceb9b3f24d

Angry I'm having the same problem have the expressions 2. Waited to get this cartridge then two weeks to use it with the scoring blade and wasted tons of paper trying to get this to work had no luck at all tried changing size real dial size everything . Just think that if they are going to make a cartridge that requires a scoring blade they should 1st include some instructions and 2nd make sure the two things really do work together.
scrapperinks Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:32:11 PM(UTC)
scrapperinks

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I was so excited to get this and try it out. I am VERY upset. I am having the same issues. Scoring isn't matching up with the cut. I have tried all the tricks and tips listed here and on you tube. I have the original expression. If anyone figures this out please post!
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:03:03 AM(UTC)
dougsfancyfaceb9b3f24d

Huh Okay I made a small breakthrough this morning its a work in progress. I got one of the cuts and scores to line up(I'm using a expressions 2) here's how I first selected to cut the milk container I cut it at 6.5 (real dial size off) like the book says then I didn't unload paper but went right back to home and then hit shift selected the score for the box went home I then went to size image and left it at 6.5 but hit real dial size then went back and hit cut and it lined up perfect. This is however the only one I have been able to get to work this way so far. I tried a couple others and still wouldn't line up. Hope this helps.
scrapperinks Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 1:11:16 PM(UTC)
scrapperinks

Thanks for posting this small breakthrough. I am going to try it on my Expression and see if it works on any other cut. I will keep you posted on my findings.
scrapperinks Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:53:05 PM(UTC)
scrapperinks

well i just tried your trick with my expression and the teacup and it did not work :(
Weezie13 Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:57:39 PM(UTC)
Weezie13

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 306 post(s)
I have this one on order,
but now I am scared to actually keep it..
I dislike it when these things happen!!Glare
Susanacortez99dfb01fb4 Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:11:47 PM(UTC)
Susanacortez99dfb01fb4

I got this cartridge friday and was having trouble too I noticed that my marterial saver button was on so I turned it off and was able to make the frybox, mailbox,milkbox and the little box on page 66. I hope this helps.
Weezie13 Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:15:28 PM(UTC)
Weezie13

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Susanacortez99dfb01fb4 Go to Quoted Post
I got this cartridge friday and was having trouble too I noticed that my marterial saver button was on so I turned it off and was able to make the frybox, mailbox,milkbox and the little box on page 66. I hope this helps.

I will be interested to hear if this helps anyone else....Wink
VickiKeyzer Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 12:07:16 PM(UTC)
VickiKeyzer

I got 4 different images to work!!!!! I shut off material saver, set my dial to the size that the image was shown. After cutting out the image, I pushed LOAD MAT, replaced the cutting blade with the score blade. I then pushed SHIFT, then push the image button that you did, and then push cut. I noticed that the score "blade" has 2 different size ends. I tried both ends for scoring. I got perfect scoring lines by following these directions. I hope this helps everyone.
scrapperinks Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 1:37:32 PM(UTC)
scrapperinks

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????? THANK YOU for figuring this out. I too had the material saver button on. Turned it off and was able to cut the daisy top box with NO problems. THANK YOU. You would have thought they would have tried that and put a warning on there for everyone. Just glad that the problem seems to be fixed, and I think they owe you some money for being the problem solver!!!!
Susanacortez99dfb01fb4 Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 2:23:44 PM(UTC)
Susanacortez99dfb01fb4

I'm glad this helped I know that we all hate to waste paper even if we did not pay alot of money for it.BigGrin
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:43:16 AM(UTC)
dougsfancyfaceb9b3f24d

BigGrin Wow Thanks I haven't had a chance since Sunday to check back here for updates or use my cricut. I can't wait to go make some boxes now.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:32:55 AM(UTC)
dougsfancyfaceb9b3f24d

I was so excited after seeing this I went straight to my craft room to try it out. Mine still isn't working. I tried the daisy box and fry box I followed the directions as she posted. The only thing I didn't do is hit load mat I have the expressions 2 and once the mat is loaded you can't hit load again only unload. Have any of you done this with the expressions 2? Also once the image cuts the cricut moves the next image down on the mat so I have to go under tools and uncheck the same paper thing. I just wish this would work I'm about ready give it up and send it back.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:05:52 PM(UTC)
a1icia_read1e774061

I have the expression 2 also. Same problem you can't hit load mat after it cuts. And all the advice for this cartridge, doesn't seem to work for the expression Crying
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:07:05 PM(UTC)
a1icia_read1e774061

I meant doesn't work for the expression 2
smcdoug Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 8:23:08 AM(UTC)
smcdoug

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
OK Ladies, I have played with this cart and I have mastered the cuts and scoring. Use the book as a guide to determine the size you need to cut each box. The size in the book states the cut should not be smaller than whatever is listed for the box in the red circle. Next...load your mat and chose the shift key and box you want to cut. Add the scoring tool. (To get the scored lines, you have to use the shift key and tap the same box you want to cut). Once the scoring is completed...press load mat..this will bring you back to the starting point. DO NOT PRESS UNLOAD MAT!! Change to the cutting blade at this point and chose the box you want to cut without the shift key this time. It cuts and scores perfectly. Warning: you will become addicted. Please post additional questions if you have them.
 1 user thanked smcdoug for this useful post.
Mehana on 4/15/2012(UTC)
paigedoleckia2be898a Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:33:31 PM(UTC)
paigedoleckia2be898a

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 5 post(s)
The milk box seems to line up for the E2 and you can get away with not scoring the tea cup and saucer. The cracker doesn't line up at all - either the full size or dividing the box into two sections. I don't have the material saver key on and I have been unloading the mat and carefully pushing it back in the same (the scores are WAY off so its not a matter of the mat being slightly different and there is no way around unloading the mat on the E2). I've only tried these three so far as I'm annoyed by this not working.

So far I'm very frustrated and wondering what kind of beta testing they use for new products? I was so excited to get this product and really want to figure out how to use it so I don't spend $50 on the cart and $15 on the scoring tool to only make milk boxes.

Paige
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:56:02 PM(UTC)
paigedoleckia2be898a

I played around with the Daisy box a bit and figured out that if you move the scoring down by .75" it will line up with the cuts - at least on the box cut as a whole and not in sections. I'm going to start making notes as I go through the cart figuring out how many inches to move things down and over to get them to line up.

I figured it out by cutting and then scoring and re-scoring, moving the scoring line down a bit each time until it lined up correctly with the cut lines. My first project will be a waste but after that I should be able to cut and score correctly making notes in my book as I go.

If anyone plays around with other cuts and scores OR figures out an easier way to do this, please post! Thanks!

Paige
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 9:42:29 PM(UTC)
paigedoleckia2be898a

I figured out 4 of the box score lines (moving them over and/or down) on the E2 and posted them on my blog with the general work around. I'll be adding to the list as I figure more of these out.

http://www.paigespaperpa...-more-2-work-around.html

HTH!

Paige
dandebpmk97d88a3a Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:52:03 PM(UTC)
dandebpmk97d88a3a

I was a little nervous trying the cart as I had read all of these comments. I read from a few different places on the web, and I didn't have problems with the two boxes that I did. I did the scoring first and then pushed the load mat button without unloading. I then pushed the button for the box and cut, and it came out perfectly. I'll have to post a picture sometime as it came out really cute!
Sherri Kay Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:38:29 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2400 time(s) in 2152 post(s)
PC is aware that the scoring tool does not work correctly on the E2 and are working on a fix for it. This has been discussed a lot on the Cricut Chat forum. It apparently works great on the Expression. Thanks, Paige, for all the work you are doing in figuring out some of the boxes for the E2! BigGrin
franrn24784ef270 Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:07:12 PM(UTC)
franrn24784ef270

But are they going to get in the craft room or will they refund the price we paid for those of us that don't an expression 2. My money is tight and out of work and the crafts helps. So if they were up frount and said it only worked in Expression we would not got it. SO WHAT IS CRICUT GOING TO DO 2 MONTHS HAVE GONE BY. IF THEY DON'T GET IT TOGETHER SOON I WILL TELL THE WORLD. JUST REMEMBER I TELL 2 FRIENDS AND THEY TELL 2 FRIENDS AND SO ON.