Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Mercy Offline
#91 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 7:17:57 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mylene Go to Quoted Post
Where do you find the instructions on how to link the Gypsy to the E2 and all the cartridges?

As of this writing, we cannot cut with the G using the E2 carts as we are waiting for an update. PC has not given us a release date but that they are working on it.

Edited to add "not"!

Edited by user Sunday, December 04, 2011 4:11:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HollerinRat Offline
#92 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 5:26:44 PM(UTC)
HollerinRat

Ok, I am having a similar problem with my new E2 and Gypsy. I've done the updates for both(not the Imagine ones though), but still can't get anything to cut. I hit the cut on the gypsy, then the load mat, the mat loads fine and the E2 says connected. When I hit the cut button again and the ok button it blinks cutting but never does and then the E2 goes back to the home screen. I'm at a loss.

Edited by user Sunday, December 04, 2011 6:26:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#93 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 4:13:00 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: HollerinRat Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I am having a similar problem with my new E2 and Gypsy. I've done the updates for both(not the Imagine ones though), but still can't get anything to cut. I hit the cut on the gypsy, then the load mat, the mat loads fine and the E2 says connected. When I hit the cut button again and the ok button it says it blinks cutting but never does and then the E2 goes back to the home screen. I'm at a loss.

Is the G connected to an electrical outlet?

Which carts are you using? If it is the E2 carts on the G, then we cannot cut with those carts as we are waiting for an update.

HollerinRat Offline
#94 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 6:25:32 PM(UTC)
HollerinRat

It's not connected to an outlet. Does it need to be? I'm trying to cut Lyrical Letters. At first it told me I didn't have the rights, so I linked it to my G and that message went away. Now after is says it's cutting for a bit I get a message that says the connection with the G, to turn off and back on the E2, and check the G connection. I've done that several times, but it hasn't worked.
Mercy Offline
#95 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 7:08:27 PM(UTC)
Mercy

It's not connected to an outlet. Does it need to be? I'm trying to cut Lyrical Letters. At first it told me I didn't have the rights, so I linked it to my G and that message went away. Now after is says it's cutting for a bit I get a message that says the connection with the G, to turn off and back on the E2, and check the G connection. I've done that several times, but it hasn't worked.

Yes, anytime you cut, link or update, it is best to have your g connected to an electrical outlet even if it appears to have a full battery. Therefore, connect the G to the electrical outlet and let us know the outcome.
HollerinRat Offline
#96 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:47:50 PM(UTC)
HollerinRat

Thanks but it didn't work. I still get this message "Communication with Cricut lost. Please power off and back on your Cricut, check your connections and click ok. If this error continues, click update to see if you need to updated your Cricut." I've updated both. I'll be calling PC in the morning. If it can't be resolved there is no reason to keep it. Are there issues with DS, G, and an regular E? Maybe I could exchange.
SamanthaKania Offline
#97 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 12:27:19 AM(UTC)
SamanthaKania

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have had the E2 since launch but just got a G for christmas from a fantastic crafty friend :) My question is how to link my imagine and George and basic shapes cartridges using the E2 and gypsy. All help is greatly appreciated. (I got the rest of my carts linked except the 2 that I had linked to CCR before I got the G) TIA
Mercy Offline
#98 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 11:25:58 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Thanks but it didn't work. I still get this message "Communication with Cricut lost. Please power off and back on your Cricut, check your connections and click ok. If this error continues, click update to see if you need to updated your Cricut." I've updated both. I'll be calling PC in the morning. If it can't be resolved there is no reason to keep it. Are there issues with DS, G, and an regular E? Maybe I could exchange.

If your E2 is cutting as a standalone machine and you are able to connect it to the computer then it is probably your G. Yes, call PC and let us know the outcome because hopefully it is your cable that is bad.
Mercy Offline
#99 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 11:29:15 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: SamanthaKania Go to Quoted Post
I have had the E2 since launch but just got a G for christmas from a fantastic crafty friend :) My question is how to link my imagine and George and basic shapes cartridges using the E2 and gypsy. All help is greatly appreciated. (I got the rest of my carts linked except the 2 that I had linked to CCR before I got the G) TIA

Section 10 in post 40 for George and I am going to contact PC just to be sure about the linking the I carts via the E2 to the G.

http://main.cricut.com/c...72_posts.aspx#post435672
Mercy Offline
#100 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 7:32:33 PM(UTC)
Mercy

The below is from PC along with a link that gives directions to add the Imagine carts to the GI app.

The E2 can add both Imagine Art and Pattern carts to the Gypsy Imagine App.

Number 2 on Page 281

http://main.cricut.com/c...ind=lastpost#post1176463

fostmom510fb8a75f Offline
#101 Posted : Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:05:26 PM(UTC)
fostmom510fb8a75f

Help I'm so frustrated I could scream...lol I did take the Gypsy Sync software off my computer so I can install the cricut sync software and update my Gysy and Expression 2. But when doing so I found that the Cricut Sync software will not open at all...not sure if its because I am running windows 7..can anyone help me with this problem...thanks. I love my expresseion 2 so far but want to use my Gypsy with it..:(
Mercy Offline
#102 Posted : Friday, December 09, 2011 12:42:33 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: fostmom510fb8a75f Go to Quoted Post
Help I'm so frustrated I could scream...lol I did take the Gypsy Sync software off my computer so I can install the cricut sync software and update my Gysy and Expression 2. But when doing so I found that the Cricut Sync software will not open at all...not sure if its because I am running windows 7..can anyone help me with this problem...thanks. I love my expresseion 2 so far but want to use my Gypsy with it..:(

Windows 7 works with C Sync. So, you connected your G to the computer, opened C Sync and what error message are you getting or what is happening?
TristaKort Offline
#103 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 12:52:47 PM(UTC)
TristaKort

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So do we have any idea when we will have the option of using the E2 preloaded carts on our gypsy?
~tallulah~ Offline
#104 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:50:00 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
Thanks but it didn't work. I still get this message "Communication with Cricut lost. Please power off and back on your Cricut, check your connections and click ok. If this error continues, click update to see if you need to updated your Cricut."

i just got this message tonight when i went to cut. i haven't updated either the e2 or the g yet. i came on here to find out how to update the e2. i have only done so when i first got the e2 and don't know if it's the same procedure every time.

did you get this fixed or find out anything?
stormytonya Offline
#105 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:40:50 PM(UTC)
stormytonya

United States

I just bought the Cricut Expression 2 and the gypsy bundle after loading over 50 cartridges on the gypsy i tried to cut from it and it wouldn't work then i downloaded the software to update the E2 and my gypsy and I was not able to update my E2 it will not communicate with my gypsy so I called customer support and they said that I have the newest machine out of the warehouse and as of right now its not updatable and not compatible with my gypsy so I already pre loaded over 50 cartridges on this gypsy and I cannot use it I cannot cut from it I cannot send it back I cannot update my E2 so I am not able to use cricut craftroom I have invested over $2000 in all this any ideas ?
~tallulah~ Offline
#106 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 5:34:48 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

so here is what happened:

i was getting the connection error over the weekend too. the e2 screen would say connected and then after a minute or so the screen would change to the home screen and i'd get the error. the error said to check both the e2 and the g for updates. sometimes the screen would go back to the connected screen but i still would get the not connected error. and sometimes it would unload the mat, load the mat from the g but only the cutting part wouldn't work.

last night i updated the gypsy. i checked the updates for the e2 and it said updated. still wouldn't cut and got the error.

so i:
verified that the e2 would cut w/o the g; it did.
verified that the g cut with the reg e; it did.
verified both were plugged into electrical outlets; they were.

so i:
did the troubleshoot on the cricutsync screen. it re-downloaded the data files. then it went to updates again and updated.

tried cutting with e2 from g. it worked...once. when i went to cut again after changing paper i got the connection error again though it did unload the mat etc. i just kept loading the paper, hitting cut, getting error, unloading mat over and over. third time it started cutting and i was able to cut several things fine.

am getting ready to go cut some other things so hopefully it will still work. i'll let ya know! Laugh

Laugh
JoelleChetlain Offline
#107 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:35:02 PM(UTC)
JoelleChetlain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm also getting the same error as some others-"Communication with Cricut lost. Please power off and back on your Cricut, check your connections and click ok. If this error continues, click update to see if you need to updated your Cricut." I've updated both my Gypsy and my E2. Via the latest and correct ways. My regular expression has no issues, and the computer via CDS has no issues. I can power everything down, and sometimes, get some cuts before the error reappears. I am at the end of my rope with this very expensive machine that is barely useable for a full project via my Gypsy.
Mercy Offline
#108 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 12:24:41 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: JoelleChetlain Go to Quoted Post
I'm also getting the same error as some others-"Communication with Cricut lost. Please power off and back on your Cricut, check your connections and click ok. If this error continues, click update to see if you need to updated your Cricut." I've updated both my Gypsy and my E2. Via the latest and correct ways. My regular expression has no issues, and the computer via CDS has no issues. I can power everything down, and sometimes, get some cuts before the error reappears. I am at the end of my rope with this very expensive machine that is barely useable for a full project via my Gypsy.

What is the firmware of your E2?

Finding Firmware From E2:

If you can't catch the E2 firmware on boot up, tap the wrench icon on the main screen, tap the right arrow at the bottom 3 times, then tap the ! icon. You will see the firmware version there.
~tallulah~ Offline
#109 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 3:22:33 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Originally Posted by: JoelleChetlain Go to Quoted Post

did you try the troubleshooter in cricut sync? that's what i had to do to get mine to work. when you have your e2 plugged into the computer then open cricut sync. it will tell you the e2 is updated then at the bottom right there will be a green trouble shoot button. click that. answer yes to the problem with the screen. then yes to download data something. that is what fixed mine.
Mercy Offline
#110 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 11:54:53 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: ~tallulah~ Go to Quoted Post
did you try the troubleshooter in cricut sync? that's what i had to do to get mine to work. when you have your e2 plugged into the computer then open cricut sync. it will tell you the e2 is updated then at the bottom right there will be a green trouble shoot button. click that. answer yes to the problem with the screen. then yes to download data something. that is what fixed mine.

If she has the newer firmware, then that would erase the new firmware and put on the older firmware which should allow her to use the CCR and the G. I am not sure if she wants to do that or not as hopefully the new firmware will be out this month. Well, we can hope!LOL
tracy10d97204 Offline
#111 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:49:15 PM(UTC)
tracy10d97204

I just tried connecting my Gypsy up to my Expression 2 for the first time. There was no communication between the two devices. I tried turning off on etc. Right now I'm performing a firmware update on my Gypsy hoping that is the issue.

What do you think?
Narelle Offline
#112 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:59:09 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7870 time(s) in 3684 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tracy10d97204 Go to Quoted Post
I just tried connecting my Gypsy up to my Expression 2 for the first time. There was no communication between the two devices. I tried turning off on etc. Right now I'm performing a firmware update on my Gypsy hoping that is the issue.

What do you think?

And is your E2 up to date too?
tracy10d97204 Offline
#113 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:28:57 PM(UTC)
tracy10d97204

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
And is your E2 up to date too?

I figured I would update the Gypsy first since it was the older device. Well...everything downloaded smoothly and gave me a Gypsy Detected Security Breach error and will shut down. Call customer service.

Now I'm stuck. I opened a ticket, but it's 5:30p PST time.
Narelle Offline
#114 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:10:20 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7870 time(s) in 3684 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tracy10d97204 Go to Quoted Post
I figured I would update the Gypsy first since it was the older device. Well...everything downloaded smoothly and gave me a Gypsy Detected Security Breach error and will shut down. Call customer service.

Now I'm stuck. I opened a ticket, but it's 5:30p PST time.

Sounds like you might need to reformat your Gypsy. Here's a link to a thread with details. (Go to the 2nd post, Issue Number 2, Option #3)
http://main.cricut.com/communit..._UPDATE-INFORMATION.aspx
PaperCollector Offline
#115 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 7:14:30 PM(UTC)
PaperCollector

Lately when I use my Gypsy with my E2, the only option I get when I choose cut is the number of times I want it to cut. It doesn't allow me to set pressure, speed, etc. Why am I not getting those options anymore?
OhhhSnap Offline
#116 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 6:51:59 AM(UTC)
OhhhSnap

Korea, Republic Of

Was thanked: 1459 time(s) in 901 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PaperCollector Go to Quoted Post
Lately when I use my Gypsy with my E2, the only option I get when I choose cut is the number of times I want it to cut. It doesn't allow me to set pressure, speed, etc. Why am I not getting those options anymore?

I've been having that problem for a while. I very gently (because I had a USB port fall in my first Gypsy) detach the cord and reattach it. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 tries before all the settings are available. You might want to call CS just to let them know it's happening to you also.
sonyaree926194ab Offline
#117 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 5:09:23 PM(UTC)
sonyaree926194ab

I wanted to thank the people who tried to help me with my Gypsy/E2 issue. It turned out to be my Aniversery edition at fault. It didn't have the correct plastic part in the port that you hook up the gypsy to so it wouldn't read connected. I had to send it back and they are sending me a new E2. Darren was very helpful.
ctieppo368a8a0d Offline
#118 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:13:00 PM(UTC)
ctieppo368a8a0d

I have a cricut E2 anniversary edition that I purchased last Thanksgiving. It was working ok with my gypsy however I was having the issue with it cutting an inch to the left as several others have posted here.

Yesterday I updated my gypsy using cricut sync. It would no longer connect to my gypsy today. I've just finished updating the cricut as well. Now I'm having the same connection issues that so many others have posted. When I try to cut, it tells me it can't connect. I also noticed that someone posted that they had to get a new E2anniversary model because of a bad part that prevented it from connecting with gypsy. I have tried all of the suggestions on this board and I still have been unable to connect. Please advise my next step.
MSSportsFan Offline
#119 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:06:56 PM(UTC)
MSSportsFan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This problem still exists! And it looks like it has been going on for at least a year based on my reading of these posts. When will this be fixed? How am I going to get my holiday cards completed? New G & new E2 that are up-to-date and they are not speaking to each other!!Confused Sad
Coah'sNana Online
#120 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 4:58:44 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 16291 time(s) in 4370 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mmhockeyfan070b1428 Go to Quoted Post
This problem still exists! And it looks like it has been going on for at least a year based on my reading of these posts. When will this be fixed? How am I going to get my holiday cards completed? New G & new E2 that are up-to-date and they are not speaking to each other!!Confused Sad

The original problem was fixed. The latest happened a few months back with an E2 firmware update. Please, please, please call customer support and inquire as to a fix. PC is aware. The issue was reported by numerous people when it first occured. I am told the workaround is to use the Cut button on the E2 instead of the Gyspy. I've not tried it. I gave up and went back to using my original expression.