Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<5678>
Park429 Offline
#181 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:08:05 PM(UTC)
Park429

Groups: Registered

I have read over everything others have posted here and I just can't seem to get my I to work right! I, too am frustrated because this was supposed to be a quick project I was gonna whip out on my day off...nope.

My problem right now is I can't get m machine to go past the first of the 2 files for updating the firmware...any ideas?? I have started over and over...deleted/installed the cricutsync etc...I can't even get the CCR to recognize my machine! That is a backwards step from earlier yesterday! And, my I doesn't even turn on correctly now...YIKES! Do I just need to call PC?
Coah'sNana Offline
#182 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:38:31 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 18497 time(s) in 4852 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Park429 Go to Quoted Post
I have read over everything others have posted here and I just can't seem to get my I to work right! I, too am frustrated because this was supposed to be a quick project I was gonna whip out on my day off...nope.

My problem right now is I can't get m machine to go past the first of the 2 files for updating the firmware...any ideas?? I have started over and over...deleted/installed the cricutsync etc...I can't even get the CCR to recognize my machine! That is a backwards step from earlier yesterday! And, my I doesn't even turn on correctly now...YIKES! Do I just need to call PC?

Let's forget about CCR for a moment. Why are you trying to do a restore? Please provide the current version of your Imagine (all the numbers in brackets) and we'll go from there. I'm not sure what you mean by "does not turn on correctly". Disconnect if from your PC and if you have to, disconnect it from the power source and turn it back on to get to version number. Click thewrench icon on the main menu. Post back with the info.
lilmsboohittieea1c1d77 Offline
#183 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2012 5:26:46 PM(UTC)
lilmsboohittieea1c1d77

just got the Imagine for my daughter for Christmas.... this restart better work. i am awfully disappointed in the product. will be calling customer service in the a.m. otherwise. how sad... this could have been a great gift!!!!
Patty R Offline
#184 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 10:04:53 PM(UTC)
Patty R

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I too went through this. I had to do the update 4 times I think. Plus I when through 15 sheets of paper trying to do the calibrations during this process.

What I found is I had to wiggle the power cord at the point it has you reboot.

I also had to use a NON Cricut USB cable.

It was a pain in the butt and I am at the point where I dislike this machine.
Just a few weeks ago when I printed...all the black ink parts printed in a grey tone. Total waste of ink.

No I did a new update on my Gypsy and it crashed my Gypsy. Of course the G is a few months out of warrenty so I am SOL. I had to buy a new Gypsy and I have to send in in to support so they can issue me a replacement with my code.

I can barely get the Cricut Craft Room to work.
I can do a project, save move on. When I go back to open the file..it refuses to reopen any saved files.

I teach classes for all these products. How am I supposed to talk them up when I can't get them to stay working like they should?
biancadv1 Offline
#185 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 11:02:13 AM(UTC)
biancadv1

United States

Hello! Haaa I have 3 days trying to do the synk and system restore, Ive done it like 10 timeas already and I cant seem to pass the Imagine Restart, I've done the calibration and it does not pass to the next step, Setup Imagine. I already unplug the machine, and restarted it and the sync program does not get it. What do I DO!!!!!!!!! Please Help. Im only waisting ink and paper because I repeat the same process all over again every time!

Whant do I do
biancadv1 Offline
#186 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 12:44:57 PM(UTC)
biancadv1

United States

Haaa! I just can't do this I give up, I'm returning this machine first thing next week, I just cant make it work, this is impossible, and every time I call support they just take me through the initial restore and then after that nothing, the restore will not finish ever. I already set up my firewall to accept the sync with Norton and still nothing. I did the restore one more time and it gets stuck in the same please every time.
Stops in the second restart, I already did the calibration and wont keep on going.
PLEASE HELP CHRIS!!!!!!!

biancadv1 attached the following image(s):
sync Image.png
Khrista Offline
#187 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:49:05 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2516 time(s) in 1401 post(s)
Originally Posted by: biancadv1 Go to Quoted Post
Haaa! I just can't do this I give up, I'm returning this machine first thing next week, I just cant make it work, this is impossible, and every time I call support they just take me through the initial restore and then after that nothing, the restore will not finish ever. I already set up my firewall to accept the sync with Norton and still nothing. I did the restore one more time and it gets stuck in the same please every time.
Stops in the second restart, I already did the calibration and wont keep on going.
PLEASE HELP CHRIS!!!!!!!

Sadly Chris is no longer with PC. :( Sorry it's being a pain. I understand the frustration. I'm guessing you shut the Imagine off and turned it back on like it says in the pic you posted? Did you try unplugging the USB from the computer and plugging it back in? (usually works the same as shutting it off but worth a possible try). If it won't finish the restore, then it may have to go back. I had one machine that would not finish a system restore and it had to get replaced. :(

Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
biancadv1 on 1/9/2012(UTC)
luannr4b708ff2 Offline
#188 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:10:22 AM(UTC)
luannr4b708ff2

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am trying to do a system restore on my imagine, I am having a problem that the imagine is spitting out the mat out of the back of the machine when I try to do a print head alignment, also I can't get the menu button to work. Someone suggested a system restore. I have tried numerous times to run cricut sync doing the restore now after 6 hours I still can't get past waiting for recovery mode. I am running windows vista, firewall and antivirus have been disabled
Any help would be appreciated
Luann
troubleatbay05d640c9fa Offline
#189 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 3:30:54 PM(UTC)
troubleatbay05d640c9fa

hi
i have managed to get my machine printing and cutting the only problem
i have now when i go on the print and cut screen it had already loaded
a cartridge but i only have coming up 19 basic shapes then a series of
numbers that are :1:2 2:3 3:5 5:7 8:10 8.5:11 could you please tell me
how to get it back to how it was when bought
my machine is just over the 12 months warranty and is registered with
you
hope you can help
sue
Khrista Offline
#190 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 6:09:37 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: troubleatbay05d640c9fa Go to Quoted Post
hi
i have managed to get my machine printing and cutting the only problem
i have now when i go on the print and cut screen it had already loaded
a cartridge but i only have coming up 19 basic shapes then a series of
numbers that are :1:2 2:3 3:5 5:7 8:10 8.5:11 could you please tell me
how to get it back to how it was when bought
my machine is just over the 12 months warranty and is registered with
you
hope you can help
sue

The Imagine has never had pre-loaded cartridges that I know of. You have to put a cartridge in for them to pop up on the screen.

HTH
:)Khrista
troubleatbay05d640c9fa Offline
#191 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 7:18:17 AM(UTC)
troubleatbay05d640c9fa

hi thank you for getting back to me when i turn my machine on, you get the choice of 4 options if i click print and cut icon on my screen comes up with
19 basic shapes then a series of
numbers that are :1:2 2:3 3:5 5:7 8:10 8.5:11
do you know why it is doing this
sue
Khrista Offline
#192 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:30:19 AM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: troubleatbay05d640c9fa Go to Quoted Post
hi thank you for getting back to me when i turn my machine on, you get the choice of 4 options if i click print and cut icon on my screen comes up with
19 basic shapes then a series of
numbers that are :1:2 2:3 3:5 5:7 8:10 8.5:11
do you know why it is doing this
sue

The series of numbers are different rectangle shapes. 1:2 is a ratio. You'll get a rectangle that stays 1:2. 8.5:11 is great if you just have an 8.5x11 sheet of paper you want to print / cut. Someone did a chart with all of the ratio's and what size you'll get depending on what size you select.

HTH
cmtunson973b6d95 Offline
#193 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:10:36 PM(UTC)
cmtunson973b6d95

Chris,

I have attempted to run the Restore as per your directions but my system freezes at the point where it asks me to insert mat for calibration. I press the GO button on my screen but it does nothing but post the hour glass. Any suggestions?
Khrista Offline
#194 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:59:17 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: cmtunson973b6d95 Go to Quoted Post
Chris,

I have attempted to run the Restore as per your directions but my system freezes at the point where it asks me to insert mat for calibration. I press the GO button on my screen but it does nothing but post the hour glass. Any suggestions?

Chris is no longer with PC unfortunately. Make sure you didn't accidently cover any of the black lines up on the paper. If you shut the machine off and turn it back on, does it ask to calibrate? I'd also close cricut sync and open it to make sure it updated all the way. If none of that works, I'd call PC. May need to do the restore again but call them first.

kate_mills0b5c25ec Offline
#195 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:48:18 AM(UTC)
kate_mills0b5c25ec

Help Chris, are you still out there :) ok, I know Chris is gone, but PLEASE someone help. I realize this post I'm following is a year old...but I'm in the middle of trying to restore, and I appear stuck at "send udpated firmware". I've done as instructed and turned imagine off and back on (actually 2x) but still nothing - no further download. I have a very fast, new computer, so should be moving?! This is the 3rd time I'm trying the restore, as first time it kicked me out (before the point I'm at now) and told me to start over, now 2x has stopped at the same place. thoughts?
Kathleen Mills
ready to throw it out the window after MANY hours

Edited by user Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:04:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: new info

#196 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:53:52 AM(UTC)
kate_mills0b5c25ec

Originally Posted by: cmtunson973b6d95 Go to Quoted Post
Chris,

Did you ever get this to work? I have been having the same frustrating problems - can't sync, uninstall sync, reinstall sync, still won't connect, find this original post from 'Chris' our unknown hero, had to try 'restore' 4 times until I finally tried turning off and BACK ON IN RESTORE MODE, which no one had mentioned, then got stuck at exactly your same point - calibration. i just kept circling the pen on the GO button, pulling the mat out and wriggling it back in, etc - all at once it went (20 mins at least later). Now it seems to be moving forward slowly, but hopefully this is working...
8 hours I've spent on this - so tonight at midnight I'll be doing my real job, after my daughter finally (I hope if this finishes) gets the supplies she needs for invites for a girl scout function.

frustrated!!!! And calling customer service was a joke.

Kathleen
#197 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:43:35 AM(UTC)
kate_mills0b5c25ec

Originally Posted by: kate_mills0b5c25ec Go to Quoted Post
Help Chris, are you still out there :) ok, I know Chris is gone, but PLEASE someone help. I realize this post I'm following is a year old...but I'm in the middle of trying to restore, and I appear stuck at "send udpated firmware". I've done as instructed and turned imagine off and back on (actually 2x) but still nothing - no further download. I have a very fast, new computer, so should be moving?! This is the 3rd time I'm trying the restore, as first time it kicked me out (before the point I'm at now) and told me to start over, now 2x has stopped at the same place. thoughts?
Kathleen Mills
ready to throw it out the window after MANY hours

No one out there in Provo land to help me? I called customer service, no real help - just told me to do things I'd already done...uninstall sync, reinstall sync, etc. stuff anyone w/ a computer usually knows to do. nothing. sync says it's updated - it isn't, it's the same number that CS said was not updated. I've tried restore, it got close to finishing (calibrated) but then stopped at the end. I thought maybe it was done, so stopped it. Then it seemed to run Sync successfully...
but I put in cartridge, get it all laid out, insert mat to cut, it takes it in, pauses, and then spits it back out. 12+ hours into this attempt to fix, I am FED up, as it seems many are, with this apparent waste of money. So disappointed! I emailed the person in CS service yesterday morning early, right after her advice didn't work, and have never heard back.

sleepless and aggravated
Kathleen
Paintfancy Offline
#198 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:39:12 AM(UTC)
Paintfancy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Stuck on "Setup Imagine" step

I've tried to do the restore twice now. I got further today than yesterday. Right now Sync is stuck on the "Setup Imagine" step. The "Waiting for setup" bar is full but it won't move on to the "send updated contact" step. I have tried powering off the machine once.

Please help.
Paintfancy Offline
#199 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:24:29 PM(UTC)
Paintfancy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Nevermind. I did the update and it worked - so far. *Fingers crossed*
MarcineLuke1 Offline
#200 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 5:32:27 AM(UTC)
MarcineLuke1

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Spent all day trying to get my Imagine to update so I can use my 3 Birds on parade.
It doesn't want to recognize the cartridge.

Can someone help me with this problem.
Thanks,
Khrista Offline
#201 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:22:20 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: MarcineLuke1 Go to Quoted Post
Spent all day trying to get my Imagine to update so I can use my 3 Birds on parade.
It doesn't want to recognize the cartridge.

Can someone help me with this problem.
Thanks,

What are all of the numbers on your 'about' screen on the imagine? I take it you're using the cartridge directly in the machine also?

craftingginski Offline
#202 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:04:34 AM(UTC)
craftingginski

After multiple problems with the restore process (went so far and then stalled) I found out this morning that you need high speed internet (cable or DSL) in order to download all the restore files and I have only an aircard. It would be great if this requirement could be noted at te top of the restore process so folks like me don't waste entire days trying to restore the Imagine when the problem lies with the internet connection. If this IS noted somewhere, I missed it or thought the AirCard WAS high speed...
moniebolonie05ac981edb Offline
#203 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:50:57 AM(UTC)
moniebolonie05ac981edb

My husband bought my Imagine a few weeks ago. In this short time it has been nothing but a nightmare. First it stop cutting. Then it quit printing and cutting. Now, a few days ago I bought the Paper Dolls Dress up cartridge and it couldn't read it. So I callled the support line. The lady told me to do a Format and Restore. I began that 2 days ago. I don't get past the first "Imagine Restart". Arghhhhhhh! This is horrible! I've looked at things others have done to try and get their F&R to complete but no luck they have all gotten further in the process than i have. Can anyone help? I'm sitting here with basically a $300 paper weight right now.I'm so ready to just toss it and wash my hands of it.
Khrista Offline
#204 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:28:50 AM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: moniebolonie05ac981edb Go to Quoted Post
My husband bought my Imagine a few weeks ago. In this short time it has been nothing but a nightmare. First it stop cutting. Then it quit printing and cutting. Now, a few days ago I bought the Paper Dolls Dress up cartridge and it couldn't read it. So I callled the support line. The lady told me to do a Format and Restore. I began that 2 days ago. I don't get past the first "Imagine Restart". Arghhhhhhh! This is horrible! I've looked at things others have done to try and get their F&R to complete but no luck they have all gotten further in the process than i have. Can anyone help? I'm sitting here with basically a $300 paper weight right now.I'm so ready to just toss it and wash my hands of it.

Hi. Sorry it's being such a stinker machine. She should have told you probably to see if it's updated first. You need to make sure if you have an antivirus software and firewall (even a basic windows or mac one) that they recognize adobe air and cricutsync as safe. Some people just temporarily shut it down. You can't have your machine go to a screensaver or sleep mode either. Both will cause the process to stall out. What kind of internet connection are you using? I have comcast and a restore takes an hour - hour and a half. Once you've done the above, start the process over. If it appears to stall out after no more than 10 minutes, then unplug the USB cord from your computer and plug it back in while everything is open and on. Give it another 10 minutes and then do so again but to a different usb port.

If the above doesn't work, try it one more time and then call PC. They have the ability to take over a computer to check to see what could be interferring etc. if you allow.

Hope that helps.
#205 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:42:21 AM(UTC)
moniebolonie05ac981edb

I have fixed all the firewalls and also disabled Norton. We have tried everything. They can't find anything that would be gotting in the way.
*Karel* Offline
#206 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:54:21 AM(UTC)
*Karel*

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Just a thought.... is your computer up to date? That can cause problems with Cricut Sync and updates. I use Norton and don't have any problems.

Karel
x
#207 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:02:48 AM(UTC)
moniebolonie05ac981edb

Yes. My computer is up to date on everything. Sync is up to date......that was one of the first things I checked.....
Khrista Offline
#208 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:31:40 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: moniebolonie05ac981edb Go to Quoted Post
Yes. My computer is up to date on everything. Sync is up to date......that was one of the first things I checked.....

If you happen to have another cricut machine, try that machines white cord.

If not, call PC back. Tell them you've tried to do the System Restore more than once. That you've checked your firewall and antivirus software (both to make sure it recognizes them as safe and also that you disabled them) and that it won't go through. On rare occasion an Imagine does get hung up and they may have to replace it. If they say that's what they're going to do, make sure to ask what you keep and what gets sent back. Often times you keep everything (ink, blade, mat, etc). The other thing is that if they say they are going to replace it, since your machine is new make sure it's with a 'new' machine not a refurbished one *and* it's worth the extra day or two to ask them if they can make sure it's totally up to date etc. Usually a new one is within an one or two updates (which is good), but I'd ask to make sure.

Sorry :( wish I had the trick but when it's a system restore hang up and you've done what you've done, it's usually a call to Provo.
Khrista
Krazelton Kreations Offline
#209 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:51:21 PM(UTC)
Krazelton Kreations

I am having the same issue with my Imagine. Its very tempermental, it cut for me a few pages, and now it will not do anything! It takes the cardstock in and then just pushes it back out!! I am frustrated! I have to finish project for a wedding on June 1st, and I'm stressin now! I downloaded the updates, and it still will not cut. My "Imagine More" cartridge keeps getting an error saying that the carttidge is bad. Any of you out there having the similar problems? I'm ready to pack this machine up and sell it!!!Mad
Krazelton Kreations Offline
#210 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 7:13:57 PM(UTC)
Krazelton Kreations

YAY!!!! I finally got my Imagine to work!!!! It took over 3 hours though to update the machine. I finished my project, and now I am looking to do another one!!! Persistence!!!!!Flapper