Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kempmk592bd5c9 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:53:29 AM(UTC)
kempmk592bd5c9

Groups: Registered

Just bought a Cricut Expression and wanted to install CCR. Downloads just fine, Adobe Air updated fine, but I get the message that Data Execution Prevention stops CCRbridge; tried to go in and turn off DEP for CCRbridge, but get the message that DEP cannot be turned off for CCRbridge.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty computer savvy and have Googled for help, but I cannot come up with anything.

Thanks!
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 7:54:04 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8150 time(s) in 4774 post(s)
I found this on a SEARCH in IE; maybe it will help?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is Data Execution Prevention?
Data Execution Prevention (DEP for short) is a "feature" of Microsoft Windows. Unfortunately it is a bit far from its intent of preventing damage from viruses or other security threats. Most of the time, it just annoys the hell out of you. Anyway, if you have an antivirus, firewall and Mozilla Firefox you can turn it off without giving it a second thought.

How to turn it off
Simple. Right click "My computer" and then click on "Properties". You can access this through the Start menu as well.

In the "System Properties" window, find the "Advanced” tab, and click on it. Then, in the "Performance” section click the "Settings” button.

You can see in the "Performance Options” window a tab named "Data Execution Prevention”. Click on it, and make sure that the "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only” is selected.

That is it. Click Ok a few times to close the windows you opened, and then when you are prompted to restart your computer, click Ok again. Job done!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THIS HELPS YOU--IT MIGHT HELP OTHERS. THANKS. Sometimes we all buy an extra program on our computers and then our computers usually come with their own antivirus programs, so they FIGHT with each other lots of times. I have NORTON, so I simply turn everything else off that came on my WINDOWS 7: 64-BIT and seem to get along pretty good with that. (Of course, my computer is fairly new, so not so much time for problems--just so you know. ALSO, I haven't hooked anything PC-Related to it, as yet. I'm getting ready to hook up my MINI, though--maybe today! Am I afraid? YOU BET!!

Char

Edited by user Saturday, November 26, 2011 7:57:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

llmaples86441437 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:26:51 PM(UTC)
llmaples86441437

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post

How to turn it off
Simple. Right click "My computer" and then click on "Properties". You can access this through the Start menu as well.

In the "System Properties" window, find the "Advanced” tab, and click on it. Then, in the "Performance” section click the "Settings” button.

You can see in the "Performance Options” window a tab named "Data Execution Prevention”. Click on it, and make sure that the "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only” is selected.

That is it. Click Ok a few times to close the windows you opened, and then when you are prompted to restart your computer, click Ok again. Job done!

Char

I just installed CCR for the first time (v 1.0 build 122) and I'm having the same problem. But the posted solution does not help. The DEP was already in the mode of "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only” and Windows will not allow me to add either CCR or CCRBridge to the exceptions rule.

I am running Vista and have tried running the program with all antivirus and spam software disabled.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:56:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Are you in Compatability Mode for cricut.com? When I am on the internet and go up to TOOLS, Compatability Mode has a checkmark by it. I don't know if this would do anything.

ALSO, do you remember whether or not you got a prompt to INSTALL Adobe Air after your CCR downloaded? If not, check to see if you have Adobe Air 3.1 or higher installed on your computer.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:56:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lianaarchuleta131db460 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 10:32:59 PM(UTC)
lianaarchuleta131db460

I am having the exact same problem. I tried the solutions suggested here, but no luck! adobe air is installed. please help.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:11:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I would think it might be best to call PC; they SHOULD be able to help you since they will know what to tell you from all your information you give to them.....which we rarely have when we're trying to help. Good luck.

Char
MaryStillman Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:20:19 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1247 time(s) in 790 post(s)
Just a suggestion that you clean out your cookies and browsing history on IE before you open CCR. PC collects info from customers and naturally your antivirus or fire wall will detect that. I always clean out my history, cookies and everything else before opening CCR. If that info is empty, your antivirus or firewall may not have a problem with letting CCR open.

One of the trade offs with using free software is the spyware.

Mary
magistra Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 6:18:46 PM(UTC)
magistra

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Did anyone find the solution to this problem? I have the same problem as the original poster. So frustrating!
debstamps92a82cfd Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:26:20 AM(UTC)
debstamps92a82cfd

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am having the exact same problem! I have a new Expression 2...have tried to load CCR, get a message that the CCRBridge.exe program is no longer working whenever I try to even open the Craft Room program. Saw that it was most likely either a DEP problem or Anti-Virus problem. Tried to fix both. Turned off my firewall and anti-virus, that didn't help. Tried to turn it off in the DEP area...but it says it has to have DEP turned on. I have Windows 7, Comodo Firewall, AVG Anti-Virus. Adobe Air is at version 3.3 (or something like that...it is up to date) I'm at a total loss. Called Support...they have a holiday today?????? Odd. I just don't know what else to do. I can't believe that I was so looking forward to this and it's been a total nightmare since I bought it. So very disappointed and now just not sure what else to do.

Anyone out there have any other ideas?????Confused
Debbie
pulgabug7aaf0d54 Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:59:36 PM(UTC)
pulgabug7aaf0d54

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
BigGrin Finally! Deleting the cookies worked for me. Delete the cookies from the browser(s) you've been working with.
 1 user thanked pulgabug7aaf0d54 for this useful post.
Narelle on 7/25/2012(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:29:05 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7881 time(s) in 3690 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pulgabug7aaf0d54 Go to Quoted Post
BigGrin Finally! Deleting the cookies worked for me. Delete the cookies from the browser(s) you've been working with.

Thanks for posting what worked for you! I so hope it helps others! BigGrin
laurensav Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:19:16 AM(UTC)
laurensav

I am so relieved to see other people have this issue! The only difference is that the CCRbridge.exe message doesn't pop up and close down the Craft Room until my E2 is halfway through cutting. It's beyond frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this?
Narelle Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:47:46 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7881 time(s) in 3690 post(s)
Originally Posted by: laurensavini2d5b3410 Go to Quoted Post
I am so relieved to see other people have this issue! The only difference is that the CCRbridge.exe message doesn't pop up and close down the Craft Room until my E2 is halfway through cutting. It's beyond frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this?

I know that that can happen if you're using Multi-cut. Is that something you're doing?
asharoonie Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:47:42 PM(UTC)
asharoonie

Canada

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Are you working with the web version or the downloaded desktop version? I get bridge errors CONSTANTLY!

Is anyone who is using a Mac having issues and know how to fix them? I'll try deleting cookies and see if that fixes things.
scrappyscrappers9cc3dada Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:28:41 PM(UTC)
scrappyscrappers9cc3dada

I am having the same problem as you all are. I had to just reinstall my operating system because my computer crashed from a virus. I contacted cricut and they told me to disable my virus program. I did that plus everything suggested here and I still get the CCRBrige.exe stopped working message.

Any other ideas? I am running windows vista. Thank you

I just found this information and now mine is working, for tonight. Maybe this will help you.

http://cricutcraftroombl.../2012_03_01_archive.html

Edited by user Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:55:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sound_of_louvins36d4dd12 Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:24:34 PM(UTC)
sound_of_louvins36d4dd12

Just joining in the frustration.

I too am computer savvy and this problem absolutely stinks. Cricut software now blocks other programs from functioning as an online editor, and I can't utilize their proprietary program either?

This is obviously a problem that is effecting more than a few users. Any chance there will be a resolution soon? Or am I just stuck with an expensive machine I am not allowed to utilize to it's full potential?

I am beyond frustrated!
Cursing Mad ThumbDown
CricutGena Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:17:31 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello Everyone! The CCRBridge.exe error is commonly caused when an antivirus program is blocking the program. Please add these exceptions into your antivirus program:
• Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder)

Once these are added you should not receive an error. If you continue to receive an error please contact customer service at 877-7cricut. We have several tools that can help you!

-Cricut Gena
sound_of_louvins36d4dd12 Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:04:29 PM(UTC)
sound_of_louvins36d4dd12

Happy to report that I think this problem is now fully resolved on my computer.

The issue is/was NORTON SONAR Protection.

I get really irritated about stuff like this, b/c like I said, I am pretty computer/internet savvy. I can fix a lot of problems that would seem intimidating. So needless to say, this was driving me crazy! Flapper

I hope the other posters here eventually called Cricut or got this problem worked out for themselves too. It is so frustrating to not be able to use this cool machine to it's full potential.

My advice is to: disable Norton SONAR Protection and/or call 877-7CRICUT and get them to walk you through it!
Love Love

eta: I had added the exceptions to Norton and tried disabling DEP, etc. I'd tried everything & nothing worked! Shutting off SONAR temporarily fixed it immediately.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:07:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified