Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
cucabi1881ad1154 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 6:19:55 PM(UTC)
cucabi1881ad1154

Groups: Registered

I am so frustrated! I am trying to connect my Gypsy to my Cricut and the Gypsy keeps telling me the Cricut is not connected, and it is. I want to update my Cricut and it just isn't working. Yesterday I tried it and it said they were connected but it wouldn't let me update, kept telling me to turn off the Cricut, hold stop for five seconds till the beep and then hit okay on the Gypsy. I did this numerous times and still didn't work. Now today, it's not even acknowledging that the two are connected. I have an original Cricut and Gypsy says it is compatible with all types of Cricuts. I even tried a different connection cord, still get the same results. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to the point of throwing it out the window.

Thanks for your time!
JeanneLee Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:25:09 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Its been a pain with this last Update...but I would encourage you to call Provocraft.

Cricut Support
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (MST)
toll: 801-932-1144
toll free: 877-7CRICUT (877-727-4288)
fax: 801-794-9001
email: support@cricut.com

International Support
toll free: 0808-101-7032
email: isupport@provocraft.com
Mercy Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:45:06 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cucabi1881ad1154 Go to Quoted Post
I am so frustrated! I am trying to connect my Gypsy to my Cricut and the Gypsy keeps telling me the Cricut is not connected, and it is. I want to update my Cricut and it just isn't working. Yesterday I tried it and it said they were connected but it wouldn't let me update, kept telling me to turn off the Cricut, hold stop for five seconds till the beep and then hit okay on the Gypsy. I did this numerous times and still didn't work. Now today, it's not even acknowledging that the two are connected. I have an original Cricut and Gypsy says it is compatible with all types of Cricuts. I even tried a different connection cord, still get the same results. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to the point of throwing it out the window.

Thanks for your time!

Is your G connected to an electrical outlet and do you have the cable connected from the top of the G to the Cricut?

Edited by user Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:47:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cucabi1881ad1154 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:51:17 PM(UTC)
cucabi1881ad1154

Thanks Jeanne, I tried contacting the support center via email and I did get an out of office message and it stated it would take 3-4 days to get back with me. I'm going to try it again today and see what I get. If I still can't get it to work I may end up calling them.

@Mercy - No, my G is not connected to an outlet at the time I am trying to connect it to the cricut. Yes, I have the G plugged in on the top of the G to the cricut with the connection cord.

Thanks
Mercy Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:14:08 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Thanks Jeanne, I tried contacting the support center via email and I did get an out of office message and it stated it would take 3-4 days to get back with me. I'm going to try it again today and see what I get. If I still can't get it to work I may end up calling them.

@Mercy - No, my G is not connected to an outlet at the time I am trying to connect it to the cricut. Yes, I have the G plugged in on the top of the G to the cricut with the connection cord.

Thanks

Connect the G to the electrical outlet and let us know if that makes the difference.
cucabi1881ad1154 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:48:08 PM(UTC)
cucabi1881ad1154

@Mercy - I just tried plugging the G into an outlet while trying to connect it to the Cricuit and that didn't work either. I still get the same message "your G is unable to connect to your Cricut. Please power off your cricut, check your USB cable and try again." I've done it so many different ways thinking one of them will work and still nothing has. This is just so frustrating.
Mercy Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:05:23 PM(UTC)
Mercy

@Mercy - I just tried plugging the G into an outlet while trying to connect it to the Cricuit and that didn't work either. I still get the same message "your G is unable to connect to your Cricut. Please power off your cricut, check your USB cable and try again." I've done it so many different ways thinking one of them will work and still nothing has. This is just so frustrating.

What is the two part build of your G and what is the firmware of your Cricut?
owlalwaysbecrafting Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:33:00 PM(UTC)
owlalwaysbecrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just got off the phone with PC with this same exact situation but with an expression 2. She checked my firmwire for both the gypsy and the E2 and they are both up to date. That's about all they were able to do at the moment. She asked me a bunch of questions, and said that the information she collected today would be sent to the creators of the gypsy and they will try their best to get this resolved as fast as possible. Meaning I can't cut anything from my gypsy until this problem is resolved. Hope that helps, if you were able to fix it or changed anything please let me know. Thanks
cucabi1881ad1154 Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:54:44 PM(UTC)
cucabi1881ad1154

I just got off the phone with PC as well. They told me the same thing. The lady had me do a whole bunch of updating on both machines and to no avail I still can not communicate from my G to my Cricut. If I find out anything more I will definitely post on here. Hopefully one of us will know something soon!! This is driving me crazy!
Mercy Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:51:39 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I just got off the phone with PC as well. They told me the same thing. The lady had me do a whole bunch of updating on both machines and to no avail I still can not communicate from my G to my Cricut. If I find out anything more I will definitely post on here. Hopefully one of us will know something soon!! This is driving me crazy!

There is a wide spread issue with the E2 and the G. I don't think there is a wide spread issue with the legacy Cricuts and the G.
LesleyRobertson Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:42:01 AM(UTC)
LesleyRobertson

I am in the UK and have had the same problem. I have phoned and emailed PC several times. After checking that both my E2 and my Gypsy were updated, which they were, they sent me a new connection cable to try. This didn't work. After chasing them further they accepted that they couldn't find any reason why the two won't connect so are now sending me a new Gypsy.
I am looking forward to it coming but will be nervous the first time I connect them in case the new one doesn't work either!

I think there must be a problem with one of the more recent updates as my machines connected and cut without a problem when I last used them together last year.

Lesley
gargoylze6289a6f Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 3:54:51 PM(UTC)
gargoylze6289a6f

United States

Unbelievable! I used my G with my E2 to cut a 12X24 mat of various shapes on different papers. The cuts were off by about 1/2 inch or so to the left compared to where the G showed they would be. So, I nudged the images over to the right a bit and tried the cut again. This time it cut the first shape then just sat there a while before the G told me that it had "lost communication" with the E2 in the middle of the darn cut. I tried a variety of variations of turning on one machine then the other and plugging the G into the E2 at various times, all without luck. I had just updated my E2 so I figured I'd give updating the G a shot. I did that, which took HOURS, and still have the same problem. The G and E2 will no longer communicate, despite the fact that they just did earlier this morning! This is absolutely ridiculous! I have at least 2 dozen carts loaded onto the G and I can't even use the thing. I have a project already created in the G for my wedding coming up next week and can't cut it! I see that this is a long standing problem with the G and E2; one that should have been fixed by now. If it is helpful and anyone has any pearls of wisdom, my G is running Version 1.4. My E2 is running Version 1.01. Thanks a lot if anyone has a remedy for this problem. Judging by all the posts I just ready, I'm in for a wait. Just for giggles, I guess I'll call PC on Monday. Too bad I can't get any work done over the weekend. :(
cucabi1881ad1154 Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 7:05:19 AM(UTC)
cucabi1881ad1154

It definitly sucks that everyone is having these same connection issues. Obviously it is something with PC on their end and these updates. They really need to get something figured out soon. I have been in contact still with PC and they are still trying to figure out this issue. The only difference I see between my posts and the responses on here are that I'm trying to communicate between the G and the original cricut where most of the reply posts on here are between the G and the E2. I spent 2 hours on the phone with PC the other night after work and the poor girl there helping couldn't figure anything out. She is checking into it and is still keeping in touch with me on any information she can come up with. I'm really hoping this gets figured out soon. I guess the good thing is at least I'm not in this alone...makes me feel a little better that others are having this same issue too. I will post any new information I receive from PC and if any of you get anything new please post as well.

Thanks to everyone who has posted with comments or ideas to try. I hope we all resolve this problem soon!!
annette_o_brienc1bbce1a Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 8:29:45 AM(UTC)
annette_o_brienc1bbce1a

Hi

here I am in the UK having the same problem. My imagine will not connect with my computer nad now my Gypsy won't connect with the Imagine.

I also have the problem that the Gypsy came loaded with Gypsy wanderings and I have designed a card from it and when I connected it to the imgine it told my I didn't have the cartridge so couldn't use the images. I am beyond frustrated today. Confused
Mercy Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 9:13:57 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: LesleyRobertson Go to Quoted Post
I am in the UK and have had the same problem. I have phoned and emailed PC several times. After checking that both my E2 and my Gypsy were updated, which they were, they sent me a new connection cable to try. This didn't work. After chasing them further they accepted that they couldn't find any reason why the two won't connect so are now sending me a new Gypsy.
I am looking forward to it coming but will be nervous the first time I connect them in case the new one doesn't work either!

I think there must be a problem with one of the more recent updates as my machines connected and cut without a problem when I last used them together last year.

Lesley

Thanks for letting us know. I do believe you are correct as it appears to be a problem with the update and not the G. Hopefully when you get your G, the problem will be fixed. Let us know the outcome.
Mercy Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 9:18:33 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: gargoylze6289a6f Go to Quoted Post
Unbelievable! I used my G with my E2 to cut a 12X24 mat of various shapes on different papers. The cuts were off by about 1/2 inch or so to the left compared to where the G showed they would be. So, I nudged the images over to the right a bit and tried the cut again. This time it cut the first shape then just sat there a while before the G told me that it had "lost communication" with the E2 in the middle of the darn cut. I tried a variety of variations of turning on one machine then the other and plugging the G into the E2 at various times, all without luck. I had just updated my E2 so I figured I'd give updating the G a shot. I did that, which took HOURS, and still have the same problem. The G and E2 will no longer communicate, despite the fact that they just did earlier this morning! This is absolutely ridiculous! I have at least 2 dozen carts loaded onto the G and I can't even use the thing. I have a project already created in the G for my wedding coming up next week and can't cut it! I see that this is a long standing problem with the G and E2; one that should have been fixed by now. If it is helpful and anyone has any pearls of wisdom, my G is running Version 1.4. My E2 is running Version 1.01. Thanks a lot if anyone has a remedy for this problem. Judging by all the posts I just ready, I'm in for a wait. Just for giggles, I guess I'll call PC on Monday. Too bad I can't get any work done over the weekend. :(

This is the first G and E2 issue that comes to mind as the E2 and G prior to the E2's current update played well together. Yes, call PC and let us know the outcome.
Mercy Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 12:53:08 PM(UTC)
Mercy

It definitly sucks that everyone is having these same connection issues. Obviously it is something with PC on their end and these updates. They really need to get something figured out soon. I have been in contact still with PC and they are still trying to figure out this issue. The only difference I see between my posts and the responses on here are that I'm trying to communicate between the G and the original cricut where most of the reply posts on here are between the G and the E2. I spent 2 hours on the phone with PC the other night after work and the poor girl there helping couldn't figure anything out. She is checking into it and is still keeping in touch with me on any information she can come up with. I'm really hoping this gets figured out soon. I guess the good thing is at least I'm not in this alone...makes me feel a little better that others are having this same issue too. I will post any new information I receive from PC and if any of you get anything new please post as well.

Thanks to everyone who has posted with comments or ideas to try. I hope we all resolve this problem soon!!

Yes, it appears that there is a problem with the E2 update and if there is a problem with just the E2 update and not the G update, then when a fixed is released, it will probably will not help your issue. Thus far that I know of, your cricut is the only one having the issue and others might be as well but they have not posted.

It sounds as if your Cricut perhaps did not finish updating and perhaps that could be the problem. Therefore, if you desire, you can try updating your Cricut with DS or the trial version of DS, then try to connect your G to the Cricut again to see if that makes a difference. Make sure when you update your cricut via your G, the G is connect to an electrical outlet. Until you load the mat I think it is, the Cricut will show a connecting message.
Mercy Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 12:56:31 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: annette_o_brienc1bbce1a Go to Quoted Post
Hi

here I am in the UK having the same problem. My imagine will not connect with my computer nad now my Gypsy won't connect with the Imagine.

I also have the problem that the Gypsy came loaded with Gypsy wanderings and I have designed a card from it and when I connected it to the imgine it told my I didn't have the cartridge so couldn't use the images. I am beyond frustrated today. Confused

It sounds as if you are having Imagine issues. What is the firmware of the Imagine?
brewsterbf77508d Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 7:10:27 AM(UTC)
brewsterbf77508d

I'm in the UK and am having exactly the same problems as everyone else. Updated my Gypsy and Imagine and the G says it is not connected to the Imagine. I hope the problem is resolved soon as all my font cartridges are on the Gypsy so I cannot cut any fonts! Surely the updates should have been checked before putting them out!
Linda
Mercy Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 8:11:42 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: brewsterbf77508d Go to Quoted Post
I'm in the UK and am having exactly the same problems as everyone else. Updated my Gypsy and Imagine and the G says it is not connected to the Imagine. I hope the problem is resolved soon as all my font cartridges are on the Gypsy so I cannot cut any fonts! Surely the updates should have been checked before putting them out!
Linda

What is the firmware of the Imagine?
SherryBarnes1 Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:47:15 AM(UTC)
SherryBarnes1

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 202 post(s)
Same problems with Gypsy & Create :(
Mercy Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:25:43 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: SherryBarnes1 Go to Quoted Post
Same problems with Gypsy & Create :(

If the problem is with a Create, then please know that some of the Creates are having issues and once the G is updated passed a certain build, until PC releases a fix, the odds are that your G and Create will not be able to play nice together.

The Create can be rolled back to a lower firmware so it can be used in the full version of CDS or standalone. To roll back your Create, click the below link, go to Section 10 (Roll Back A Cricut's Firmware) and follow the instructions. Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...72_posts.aspx#post435672

SherryBarnes1 Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 3:34:55 AM(UTC)
SherryBarnes1

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 202 post(s)
I had to take my Create's firmware back to 1.54 & now it's working again :) PC helped me on the phone (very nice) then transferred me to a Gypsy tech as my G was messed up after the latest update. I think it's all good now.
NewBieMom Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 10:57:10 AM(UTC)
NewBieMom

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I had this issue with my E2 and Gypsy yesterday but still was able to cut my projects. Both are up to date so its on PC end that they need to fix. I had to re start both my gypsy and E2 a few times and re-start the projects many times as well.

I think I'll take this issue then the one I had before this where my cuts were not cutting all the way thou the paper when I was using my both E2 and Gypsy and it was not the E2.

I also wish PC would bring back the old green 12x12 cutting mats. I only have one of those and its still sticky. The new ones just stink.
Mercy Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 11:29:19 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: SherryBarnes1 Go to Quoted Post
I had to take my Create's firmware back to 1.54 & now it's working again :) PC helped me on the phone (very nice) then transferred me to a Gypsy tech as my G was messed up after the latest update. I think it's all good now.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome! Enjoy!
Friend1504 Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 5:36:25 PM(UTC)
Friend1504

Canada

Here I am in Canada with the same problem my gypsy keep telling me that it is not connected to my cricut, and like all of you just after the update.
Did any of you found the fix for that problems

Thank you
Diane
diane_mcneill218620de Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 5:49:02 PM(UTC)
diane_mcneill218620de

I called PC today and she had me format and restore the Gypsy. So far it didn't work. It is saying it is not connected. I didn't sync my firmware but my friend did over the weekend with her gyspy and hers worked on my cricut machine after she updated it. I plan to try syncing the firmware and try again. Probably will have to call provocraft tomorrow. I have had this problem for a year now and they keep telling me to update. Well I have left the machine alone frustrated why doesn't this Gypsy work all of a sudden.

Edited by user Monday, October 08, 2012 5:50:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jowoods90c4d86c28 Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:03:58 PM(UTC)
jowoods90c4d86c28

Hi im in the Uk my gypsy and create worked fine till I updated now it tells me im not connected I even bought an expression and it tells me the same. All my cartridges are on my gypsy so I cannot cut anything.Ithas been months now and nobody seems to be able to fix it I wished I had never updated.Crying
Let's geaux scrappin' Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:33:04 PM(UTC)
Let's geaux scrappin'

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Cursing I'm so glad I am not the only one having all these problems. I got my gypsy second hand and it would not linked to my cricut. I'm new to scrapbooking and cricut products all together. I was so excited when I got my E2, but very disappointed when I started to have problems cutting on CCR with the multi-cut option. I went out and bought the top of the line computer thinking it was my computer that was messing up. When everyone hears the Cricut name they are all in awe and woos bc they think its the best toy ever! I wish I would have never bought me any Cricut products bc it's been nothing but a waste of money, supplies, and lots of headaches! I just needed to vent a lil, but I will keep looking and hoping someone will have the answers to all these problems bc the genuis at Cricut/Provocraft don't.
scrappygranny Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:46:18 AM(UTC)
scrappygranny

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Put me in the boat with all of you. Updated Gypsy and now it does not work with any of my machines. I have never been so frustrated. Come on PC, FIX THIS!
 1 user thanked scrappygranny for this useful post.
RosyScrapper on 11/4/2012(UTC)