Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Mercy Offline
#61 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 7:15:53 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Cleaning Your Cricut Cake™ Machine

WARNING! Always unplug your Cricut Cake™ machine before cleaning!

Before First Use

Wipe down all food contact surfaces before using for the first time. Clean blade and mat with mild soap and warm water. Be sure to dry all surfaces before using your machine.

Cleaning Machine

Use the provided cleaning brush to lightly brush off any dried food from the machine.

To clean off rollers, hold brush against one roller and push the Load Mat key. Holdthe brush against the other roller and press the Unload Mat key. Brush out any excess crumbs. Unplug machine before further cleaning.

Wipe down your machine with a soft, lightly damp cloth. Do not use a dripping cloth. Water can damage electrical parts. Remove cartridge and cartridge skirt. Cartridge skirt can be washed with mild soap
and warm water. DO NOT GET YOUR CARTRIDGE WET. The exterior of the cartridge can be wiped down with a lightly damp cloth, but do not wipe inside. This can damage the cartridge. Place cartridge plug in cartridge slot for storage. Be careful to keep food particles and water away from the cartridge slot.

Keypad protector can also be removed and washed with warm water and mild soap. Make sure to dry completely before placing on Cricut Cake machine. Wash the mat in warm, soapy water. Dry completely before storing. To clean blade and housing: Remove blade housing from machine. Grasp blade with two fingers and pull. Be careful of sharp edge. Squeeze the handle of the blade cleaning basket to open. Place blade inside the basket and release the handle to close it. The blade and basket can be placed in the dishwasher on the top rack or
washed by hand. Remove the silicone gasket from the blade housing and wash with mild soap and warm water. Dry completely. Wipe off housing with a lightly damp cloth. DO NOT SUBMERGE blade housing in water. This will cause damage. Once clean, replace silicone gasket and carefully reinsert blade.
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#62 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 8:36:11 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12577 time(s) in 5050 post(s)
Wow, Mercy! This is awesome! I just cut-and-pasted all of your tips/recipes/info and it created a 51 page Word document. I am going to make the font smaller to try to cut the number of pages, but you, my friend, have just created for me a Cricut Cake cookbook. Thank you so much for doing this! I just got my CC free on the rewards site so I haven't even taken it out of the box.

You (and the wonderful folks that contributed their info) have been so generous to do this. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Mercy Offline
#63 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:09:30 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: NadiaH-McConnell Go to Quoted Post
Wow, Mercy! This is awesome! I just cut-and-pasted all of your tips/recipes/info and it created a 51 page Word document. I am going to make the font smaller to try to cut the number of pages, but you, my friend, have just created for me a Cricut Cake cookbook. Thank you so much for doing this! I just got my CC free on the rewards site so I haven't even taken it out of the box.

You (and the wonderful folks that contributed their info) have been so generous to do this. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You're welcome! Glad that it worked for you! 51 pages? LOL
CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#64 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:26:40 AM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

United States

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 373 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MalenaKoplin Go to Quoted Post
Mercy asked me to share this info with you from the Cookie Dough topic.

I've made dozens of cookies with my Cake Mini. I've only cut cookie dough with it. These tips have made my cookies awesome.

I use premade dough because I'm lazy. I just add a little flour when I roll it.

I put shortening on the mat, like the directions say, then I cut parchment paper to fit the cutting area on the mat. The parchment paper sticks to the mat because of the shortening. What the parchment paper allows me to do is cut really intricate designs then lift them from the cutting mat onto the cookie sheet without the design stretching or breaking.

I freeze the dough for at least 5 minutes before cutting it. Also, the quicker I remove the extra dough while it is still frozen, the easier it is to remove.

I roll out several mats of dough and put them in the freezer, then cut them. Otherwise it is too slow.

Initial Cookies for my husband's CPA firm Xmas party

Valentine's Day treats

I have a video of myself explaining all this, but I can't find it. I'll post it if I can.

Do you change the pressure setting so it doesn't cut through the parchment? At what setting do you have it t?
Kat Offline
#65 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 3:48:13 PM(UTC)
Kat

Was thanked: 464 time(s) in 284 post(s)
With all the new cake machines coming out. I think we need to bring this to the top.
Carolyn Offline
#66 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:08:53 PM(UTC)
Carolyn

United States

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Thanks for all the information! Can't wait for mine to arrive.
carolyn in nebraska
Mercy Offline
#67 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:25:44 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Ladies you are welcome and hopefully you are enjoying your Cake machine!
mriser74c0b445 Offline
#68 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:58:04 PM(UTC)
mriser74c0b445

How would I print this forum out on paper, so I could read it etc...?
Mercy Offline
#69 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 11:04:21 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: mriser74c0b445 Go to Quoted Post
How would I print this forum out on paper, so I could read it etc...?

The way I would do it is to scroll to the top of each page in this thread, click options, print this topic and copy and paste into some type of word document each post I want to print. If you want all of the comments in this thread, after you click print this topic, then use the print command on your computer.

Another way is to go to each post, copy and paste in a word document of some type, save it to your computer and then print. The difference between the two options is that the first suggestion is quicker as all of the posts on that page appears in the window without much scrolling and without the avatars etc.
teresabruner5115d68f Offline
#70 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:45:32 PM(UTC)
teresabruner5115d68f

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a tip (actually 2 tips), that I thought was worth sharing with everyone I can.

That is to mix fondant with candy clay. Not only is this great to work with, it makes the fondant taste so much better & it is Cricut cut-able.

I've used about half & half (maybe a little less candy clay & a little more fondant). If I need the mixture to set up a bit better, I also add a little bit of ready made gum paste to it. I also put the rolled out fondant/candy clay in the freezer for about 10 mins before cutting OR let it air dry for awhile. (Sometime the freezer can make it sticky).

Another tip I have is that I use Parchment paper over my loading mats. (I use this with all my cutting, especially cookie dough). I use a generous coating of Crisco, then I "paste" the parchment paper onto the mat, then add a very light coating of Crisco ontop of the parchment paper. This helps to keep whatever you roll on it, from shifting while cutting. And the parchment helps to keep anything from sticking. And if you are cutting cookie dough, can go straight into the oven.

To find the recipe for CANDY CLAY go to www.sweetartfactory.com Go under RECIPES then under CANDY MOLDING RECIPES then under "CANDY CLAY - CHOCOLATE FONDANT" It's easy & inexpensive to make.

Feel free to look at my FB pics which are made public. I love sharing ideas and tips. I'll be making a cake for a shower for this weekend, so I'll be adding new pics soon.

Teresa Lynn Bruner

Edited by user Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:16:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: To modify notes

2 users thanked teresabruner5115d68f for this useful post.
Hrvatica on 3/13/2012(UTC), Mercy on 6/14/2012(UTC)
MarthaJackson Offline
#71 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 11:13:54 AM(UTC)
MarthaJackson

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 42 post(s)
To easily save these great tips, I use Evernote, which is free.

I created a "notebook" and named it Cricut, then I highlight the post I want to save and I can right click and send it to Evernote. I have Evernote installed on the kitchen computer, my commputer in my craft room, my Iphone, and my Adroid tablet. They sinc together and every note is on each machine!

hope this helps someone!
:)
Martha
 1 user thanked MarthaJackson for this useful post.
teresabruner5115d68f on 4/1/2012(UTC)
kudezaa217fd74 Offline
#72 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:15:32 AM(UTC)
kudezaa217fd74

Im so disappointed in this machine, no matter how thick or thin I roll the fondant, the machine tears it upMad no matter if I air dry it for a little while or place it in the freezer, the machine tears up the fondant! none of the intricate details cut clean when cutting less than 2 inches Confused. I don't what to do. I had it sitting for so long excited about one day using it and when I finally do, well, lets just say it wasn't worth the buy and now its to late to get my money back!Crying

Edited by user Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:21:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

teresabruner5115d68f Offline
#73 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 8:41:44 AM(UTC)
teresabruner5115d68f

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kudezaa217fd74 Go to Quoted Post
Im so disappointed in this machine, no matter how thick or thin I roll the fondant, the machine tears it upMad no matter if I air dry it for a little while or place it in the freezer, the machine tears up the fondant! none of the intricate details cut clean when cutting less than 2 inches Confused. I don't what to do. I had it sitting for so long excited about one day using it and when I finally do, well, lets just say it wasn't worth the buy and now its to late to get my money back!Crying

I sincerely hope this helps you. Please let me know if it does.

Below is a post from the Cakerator blog site which has tips and videos for using the Cricut.

I would also like to add that it is my experience that I cannot cut anything small or intricate no matter what you try. I've had to resort to keeping my cuts about 3" or more. I would also like to add, that you do have to play with it to find out what works. It took me several days before I started having sucess.

Here is the post.
http://www.thecakerator....o-use-for-that-darn.html

Also she notes under her comments sections ( I have not tried this, but might).

copy and pasted
The Cakerator "I don't like the cricut cake blade it's too big, I have been using the deep cut blade with the blue housing, which can also cut paper, and I brought mines at Michael's for about $14. Good Advise."

Wub Teresa Lynn Bruner
Mercy Offline
#74 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:14:36 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: kudezaa217fd74 Go to Quoted Post

It is best to cut your images 3 inches or larger. What is the temp in your house? The inside temp makes a difference in your results. There are other suggestions throughout this thread.