Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jamesknox65375324 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:16:33 PM(UTC)
jamesknox65375324

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have noticed more and more digital images being offered for purchase. I love this idea as I have run out of storage space for my cartridges. Before I make my digital purchase I have a few questions.

1. If my computer should crash do I lose all my digital images or can they be saved on a flash drive?
2. Do they get stored in Design Studio?
3. I'm looking to get a new computer in the next few months, will I be able to use my digital designs on it?

Thank you in advance!

MarloBigGrin
Alaskacricut Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:25:27 PM(UTC)
Alaskacricut

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 223 post(s)
Hi! No you wouldn't lose the digital images you purchased because they are actually stored in Cricut Craft Room on the internet so to speak! The digital images are only for Cricut Craft Room, not Design Studio and if you do get a new computer you would just need to load CCR on it and sign into your account and everything will be there! You cannot use any 3rd party software in CCR or Design Studio. If you do choose to use 3rd party software it will void the warranty on your new cricut, Kathy
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:45:53 PM(UTC)
jamesknox65375324

Thank you Kathy. Is the CCR similar to using Design Studio?
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:37:04 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
I have never used Design Studio, but yes, CCR is the same format as Design Studio. Except, I believe CCR has more functionality than Design Studio......basically, because CCR is newer and has some features many asked for in Design Studio and never got because PC was unable to implement the features so many wanted in Design Studio.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Alaskacricut on 6/29/2012(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:12:10 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18983 time(s) in 8482 post(s)
Since you can only have two designated cutting computers for each CCR account, I would notify PC when/if you do replace your current computer so your "second" cutting computer is still available to use. Should your computer quit for some reason after CS hours {and especially on a weekend}, you would be able to download CCR to another computer and still cut from that one.

If you don't notify PC and use your 2nd cutting computer option for the new computer, you'd have to wait to call CS when they are open and would be unable to cut from CCR til then.

All of your digital images and linked carts are stored in your cricut.com account. So, you can log in to your CCR account on any computer and have access to them. You cannot save the digital images on a flash drive.
#6 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2012 2:48:19 PM(UTC)
jamesknox65375324

Thank you all for the information. Very useful. I have 3 Cricuts; one in my classroom, one in my scraphouse and the other in my house. They each get used all the time. Between my teenagers, my adies, my frends, and I there has been a lot of Cricut crafting going on.

Thank you. I can't wait to start using CCR.

Marlo
Alaskacricut Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2012 8:36:56 PM(UTC)
Alaskacricut

Originally Posted by: jamesknox65375324 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you Kathy. Is the CCR similar to using Design Studio?

Hi, I have DS and also the CCR, I think they have some of the same features but I am really liking the CCR a lot better! Especially the welding feature and hide contour feature, 2 great features. I mean both these features are available in both programs I just find the CCR one a lot easier to use. I like the layout of the CCR program a lot better and it seems to be easier to everything in the CCR program compared to DS. If you have any more questions just ask! Kathy
Alaskacricut Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2012 8:40:14 PM(UTC)
Alaskacricut

Originally Posted by: jamesknox65375324 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you all for the information. Very useful. I have 3 Cricuts; one in my classroom, one in my scraphouse and the other in my house. They each get used all the time. Between my teenagers, my adies, my frends, and I there has been a lot of Cricut crafting going on.

Thank you. I can't wait to start using CCR.

Marlo

It sounds like you need all your machines for all the people who use them with you! Have fun using CCR!
#9 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2012 11:55:01 PM(UTC)
jamesknox65375324

Thank you Kathy for the wonderful feedback. I use DS all the time. I love making shape albums. Now I'm even more excited to get started with CCR.
Rachelsmum Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 1:05:31 PM(UTC)
Rachelsmum

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Can we purchase the digital images here in the uk?
Mercy Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 10:27:34 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rachelsmum Go to Quoted Post
Can we purchase the digital images here in the uk?

Sorry to say, no, not yet as PC has been working on it. For more information, click the below thread.

http://main.cricut.com/c...clusives-for-the-UK.aspx

Edited by user Friday, July 06, 2012 10:28:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

flybynight21124b03ab48 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:46:04 PM(UTC)
flybynight21124b03ab48

On this note, what is the point of digital copy then since if you cannot download or have the digital image sent (as any other company does) because let's just say the company goes under and you have spent hundreds on digital downloads instead of buying the actual cartridge you lose everything?? Not a very wise or safe thing to do. You are better off to pay the extra for the cartridge and link it. Other problem is if for some reason you move where no Internet or just feel you no longer want to pay for Internet everything as I mention is lost.
Correct me if I am wrong, and if not then this is a very poor way to purchase and or also do business.
scrapalette Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:19:20 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18983 time(s) in 8482 post(s)
Originally Posted by: flybynight21124b03ab48 Go to Quoted Post
On this note, what is the point of digital copy then since if you cannot download or have the digital image sent (as any other company does) because let's just say the company goes under and you have spent hundreds on digital downloads instead of buying the actual cartridge you lose everything?? Not a very wise or safe thing to do. You are better off to pay the extra for the cartridge and link it. Other problem is if for some reason you move where no Internet or just feel you no longer want to pay for Internet everything as I mention is lost.
Correct me if I am wrong, and if not then this is a very poor way to purchase and or also do business.

It's all personal preference. Some people love buying the digital images and aren't concerned about what the future might bring. If you buy a car, you might be in a car wreck, but that doesn't stop a lot of people from buying cars.

I, personally, prefer the physical carts but have purchased several of the digital images and have only bought the ones I wanted to use. So for the few dollars I've spent, I already got my money's worth by using them on the various projects. If I can reuse those images for the next week or month or years, great. If not, I got what I wanted, made what I wanted and moved on to my next project.
Sherri Kay Online
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:29:48 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2394 time(s) in 2146 post(s)
If you have a Gypsy, when you sync it after buying a digital image, the image will be on the Gypsy.
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 on 12/7/2013(UTC)
rachel_brier632727b9 Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 07, 2013 8:57:23 AM(UTC)
rachel_brier632727b9

Hi there,
I have just discovered that I can't buy digital images for my new cricut in the UK!?! This is insane!! I just bought my cricut machine... in the UK!!
How is this even possible?? I've seen the post above with a dead link to something explaining why this might be - can anyone give me the correct link, or any reason at all why this isn't possible! So so frsutrated! I don't have time to order cartridges for my project, so its basically useless and I'll be cutting by hand!
Any help would be much appreciated!
CricutGena Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, December 07, 2013 5:27:36 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rachel_brier632727b9 Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,
I have just discovered that I can't buy digital images for my new cricut in the UK!?! This is insane!! I just bought my cricut machine... in the UK!!
How is this even possible?? I've seen the post above with a dead link to something explaining why this might be - can anyone give me the correct link, or any reason at all why this isn't possible! So so frsutrated! I don't have time to order cartridges for my project, so its basically useless and I'll be cutting by hand!
Any help would be much appreciated!

Hello- You can purchase digital images in the UK. However, you must use the UK web site in order to order. Just go to www.cricut.com, and make sure that the UK flag is selected in the top right corner of the screen.

-Cricut Gena
rachel_brier632727b9 Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 2:25:00 AM(UTC)
rachel_brier632727b9

Quote:
Hello- You can purchase digital images in the UK. However, you must use the UK web site in order to order. Just go to www.cricut.com, and make sure that the UK flag is selected in the top right corner of the screen.

-Cricut Gena

Thank you so much Gena!! I feel slightly silly for not figuring that out... but just so pleased and relieved!
Many thanks!