Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<17181920>
m.d.dunkley1f51e4dac Offline
#541 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2012 6:35:29 PM(UTC)
m.d.dunkley1f51e4dac

Groups: Registered

I just bought my E2 yesterday but the blade appears to be dull. After doing a cut, I had to go back over it with an xacto knife. I was using very light weight cardstock. I am not sure what to do. Other than that, I am loving it.
Mercy Offline
#542 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:43:39 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: m.d.dunkley1f51e4dac Go to Quoted Post
I just bought my E2 yesterday but the blade appears to be dull. After doing a cut, I had to go back over it with an xacto knife. I was using very light weight cardstock. I am not sure what to do. Other than that, I am loving it.

If the pointed part of the blade is pointed downward, then call PC for the blade to be possibly replaced and let us know the outcome.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:31:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

akcatse22d3c68 Offline
#543 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 7:17:44 AM(UTC)
akcatse22d3c68

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)
It took me a while to save up for it, but it's coming direct from Cricut by FedEx tomorrow! I really can't wait! I hope I like it!
Mercy Offline
#544 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 11:15:54 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: akcatse22d3c68 Go to Quoted Post
It took me a while to save up for it, but it's coming direct from Cricut by FedEx tomorrow! I really can't wait! I hope I like it!

Congrats on your new purchase!!! Do you already have Cricut Sync on your computer? Do you have a Gypsy?
akcatse22d3c68 Offline
#545 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 4:50:23 PM(UTC)
akcatse22d3c68

United States

I only have Cricut Craft Room. That's all. I am pretty new to this. Only about 6 mos into this. :-) What exactly is Cricut Sync? Is it only for the Expression (Expression 2)?
Thank You!
Feel free to PM me!
Anastasia
Mercy Offline
#546 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 5:18:10 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I only have Cricut Craft Room. That's all. I am pretty new to this. Only about 6 mos into this. :-) What exactly is Cricut Sync? Is it only for the Expression (Expression 2)?
Thank You!
Feel free to PM me!
Anastasia

Cricut Sync is used to update the E2 as you have to connect your E2 to your computer and then download C Sync.

Click the below to get an idea of what you will have to do to get the E2 updated as the firmware that probably will be on your E2 is dated.

After you click the link, scroll down to your left, select PC or Mac under E2.

http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/

1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
akcatse22d3c68 on 7/2/2012(UTC)
akcatse22d3c68 Offline
#547 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 5:54:27 PM(UTC)
akcatse22d3c68

United States

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I'll have to try it out.
Thanks again!
Anastasia
Mercy Offline
#548 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 5:58:50 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I'll have to try it out.
Thanks again!
Anastasia

You're welcome!
Sacramentosal Offline
#549 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:56:16 AM(UTC)
Sacramentosal

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I purchased the E2 at Michael's on sale Thanksgiving 2011 (South Carolina). I opened the box and attempted to use it. Boy is it different than the Expression!!! I am a certified Cricut addict. I have all the versions of the machine making this my fourth Cricut. I have been moving around a lot and don't have my scrapping stuff with me so didn't get into the machine, so back in the box it went.

Yesterday I took out the machine and started a project. I have wanted to make some cards and a neighbors birthday inspired me. I decided to make a banner. It took me ALL DAY to do this! The learning curve for the E2 is huge. I am a pretty techy kind of person, and found this machine very challenging to use. Too many icons on the display screen, I miss the buttons. I miss the key pads. Too many icons to get to know. I was constantly referring to the handbook. Good thing this machine came with a printed book! At this point I have only tried this machine twice. Both times it operated with no problems, only operator problems! :) I had the machine on all day and it worked fine. I got frustrated with not being able to do what I could easily on the Expressions. It does the same thing, you have to know how to do it, how to get to the screen that shows the step, and figure out what those icons mean!

Bottom line, I prefer the Expression machine. I think it is easier to use. They both do the same thing but the learning curve for the E2 is huge. If you are not computer literate, this machine will overwhelm you. Unfortunately the places that sell the machine really don't offer help on how to use it. Offering classes on the Cricut would be nice, but very difficult to find. Online tutorials are good, but nothing like seeing it in real life.

I am syncing my Gypsy today - it is taking a long time, haven't updated or checked for updates on my E2 yet. I don't have a reliable internet connection at home, so doing it at work. I think I can update my E2 by connecting it to my Gypsy. Will soon find out!
Mercy Offline
#550 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:11:00 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Sacramentosal Go to Quoted Post
I purchased the E2 at Michael's on sale Thanksgiving 2011 (South Carolina). I opened the box and attempted to use it. Boy is it different than the Expression!!! I am a certified Cricut addict. I have all the versions of the machine making this my fourth Cricut. I have been moving around a lot and don't have my scrapping stuff with me so didn't get into the machine, so back in the box it went.

Yesterday I took out the machine and started a project. I have wanted to make some cards and a neighbors birthday inspired me. I decided to make a banner. It took me ALL DAY to do this! The learning curve for the E2 is huge. I am a pretty techy kind of person, and found this machine very challenging to use. Too many icons on the display screen, I miss the buttons. I miss the key pads. Too many icons to get to know. I was constantly referring to the handbook. Good thing this machine came with a printed book! At this point I have only tried this machine twice. Both times it operated with no problems, only operator problems! :) I had the machine on all day and it worked fine. I got frustrated with not being able to do what I could easily on the Expressions. It does the same thing, you have to know how to do it, how to get to the screen that shows the step, and figure out what those icons mean!

Bottom line, I prefer the Expression machine. I think it is easier to use. They both do the same thing but the learning curve for the E2 is huge. If you are not computer literate, this machine will overwhelm you. Unfortunately the places that sell the machine really don't offer help on how to use it. Offering classes on the Cricut would be nice, but very difficult to find. Online tutorials are good, but nothing like seeing it in real life.

I am syncing my Gypsy today - it is taking a long time, haven't updated or checked for updates on my E2 yet. I don't have a reliable internet connection at home, so doing it at work. I think I can update my E2 by connecting it to my Gypsy. Will soon find out!

The E2 cannot be updated via the G! Both are updated via C Syhc but at different times. If this is your initial G update, then yes, it might take hours to update. Make sure your G is connected to an electrical outlet. Let us know the outcome.
oliviafulmerd65850a3 Offline
#551 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:00:45 AM(UTC)
oliviafulmerd65850a3

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've had my E2 about a month, and I really like it. I sometimes miss the buttons. However, I've used it with CCR, and I've had no trouble with it. I had (have) the Expression; however, after it survived a house fire, I found that it would not cut in the center of the paper. I spent 45 minutes with Provo Craft on the phone, and the only solution was to replace it. I'm glad I did. For me, using the E2 with CCR is the easiest way to go.
Mercy Offline
#552 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 3:52:41 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: oliviafulmerd65850a3 Go to Quoted Post
I've had my E2 about a month, and I really like it. I sometimes miss the buttons. However, I've used it with CCR, and I've had no trouble with it. I had (have) the Expression; however, after it survived a house fire, I found that it would not cut in the center of the paper. I spent 45 minutes with Provo Craft on the phone, and the only solution was to replace it. I'm glad I did. For me, using the E2 with CCR is the easiest way to go.

Oh my! I am glad that you survived the fire! God Bless!
shauna8i884b5ec09 Offline
#553 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:51:36 PM(UTC)
shauna8i884b5ec09

I'm a new user, never had a cricut before purchasing the E2, I have had it a little over a month I believe, and just realized (after looking at the box) that it did not include the stylus. And my major complaint is that it is extremely loud. Not sure if that is a defect or normal. So if anyone knows what I can do to get the stylus that was not included and if the noise level is normal that would be great. The loud noise occurs when the blade is going from "home" to where it needs to cut and then inbetween cuts as the blade moves over between characters.
Mercy Offline
#554 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:54:45 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: shauna8i884b5ec09 Go to Quoted Post
I'm a new user, never had a cricut before purchasing the E2, I have had it a little over a month I believe, and just realized (after looking at the box) that it did not include the stylus. And my major complaint is that it is extremely loud. Not sure if that is a defect or normal. So if anyone knows what I can do to get the stylus that was not included and if the noise level is normal that would be great. The loud noise occurs when the blade is going from "home" to where it needs to cut and then inbetween cuts as the blade moves over between characters.

The Mini is a little nosier than other Cricuts. The surface that the cricut sets on could determine how much noise you hear.

Open the E2, on the inside of the E2 door, there is a compartment that houses the stylus. Check there to make sure that the stylus is there and if not, contact pc. Let us know the outcome.

P.S. On page 2 in the E2 manual, it shows a diagram of where to look for the stylus.

Edited by user Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:59:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

qwright88e590a165 Offline
#555 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 12:57:16 PM(UTC)
qwright88e590a165

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My E2 is a piece of crap. Half of the time the cricut craft room doesn't recognize it. It's a real bummer that programs like Sure Cuts A Lot no longer work on the cricut products. If I would have know that before I bought my circut then I would not have bought it. Guess I should have done more research. It's a pure shame that provocraft is so money hungry that you can only buy $50 cartridges with a couple of fonts on them. They need to get with it and make a program comparable to SCAL!!! I am a very disappointed customer.Bored
 1 user thanked qwright88e590a165 for this useful post.
SouthernVintage on 12/10/2012(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#556 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 2:59:25 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: qwright88e590a165 Go to Quoted Post
My E2 is a piece of crap. Half of the time the cricut craft room doesn't recognize it. It's a real bummer that programs like Sure Cuts A Lot no longer work on the cricut products. If I would have know that before I bought my circut then I would not have bought it. Guess I should have done more research. It's a pure shame that provocraft is so money hungry that you can only buy $50 cartridges with a couple of fonts on them. They need to get with it and make a program comparable to SCAL!!! I am a very disappointed customer.Bored

Are you getting the device not connected error?
qwright88e590a165 Offline
#557 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 1:37:06 PM(UTC)
qwright88e590a165

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yes, it says something like no usable devices connected... or something like that.
Mercy Offline
#558 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 3:16:43 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: qwright88e590a165 Go to Quoted Post
yes, it says something like no usable devices connected... or something like that.

There was a new CCR update and a new C Sync update that came out yesterday. Try updating C Sync and CCR to see if that is still an issue. If after you have updated both programs and you still have issues, contact PC because they want to hear those issues so they can find the issue. Let us know the outcome.

donnapeebles674717ca Offline
#559 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:29:59 AM(UTC)
donnapeebles674717ca

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My E2 is a piece of garbage. I regret spending this kind of money on all the cartridges and the machine. It will not cut a complete letter from ANY cartridge. The only time the light works is when it is set to "ALWAYS OFF" and it is always off except when you initially turn it on then it blinks. At this point I've trashed approx. 50 sheets of good paper.
Do NOT buy one, the support is limited to non working customers because of the hours support is available and the PC emails are not helpful; that is if anyone ever answers them.
Spookysnip Offline
#560 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 11:45:58 AM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I've never owned a cricut before and I just got my E2 and I love it. I haven't bought any cartridges yet. I've been making a bunch of things with the included carts on the machine and I haven't had any troubles. I find it has a tiny bit of a learning curve (of course everyone is different).
I'm worried about updating my E2 Unsure I want to use the cricut craftroom. I just got some free digital carts through the welcome creativity to the classroom promo and I want to try making a couple things, but I'm worried that I'll have to update and then have problems with my machine.
Fire2225ems328b1085 Offline
#561 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 7:03:42 PM(UTC)
Fire2225ems328b1085

Crying I just purchased my e2 this evening. This is my first cricut machine and I was so excited to jump in and start working with it. I followed the directions for set-up, but can't get past the "cricut expression 2 screen". The machine turns on, and the screen lights up, but won't do anything else. I tried calling for support, but I guess it was to close to their end of the day cause even though it was before closing time, I got the message that they were closed. I don't know that I want to wait 3 days to get help, so I will probably be taking it back to the store in the morning.
oliviafulmerd65850a3 Offline
#562 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 9:06:41 PM(UTC)
oliviafulmerd65850a3

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well, I'll be dog-goned! I didn't realize there was a stylus with the E2 until I read this! I suppose I should have read the manual a little closer.

Originally Posted by: shauna8i884b5ec09 Go to Quoted Post

MeganC Offline
#563 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:30:01 AM(UTC)
MeganC

I have a Mac running 10.8 (Mountain Lion). I can't get cricut sync or CCR to recognize my E2 or E1. I called PC and was told it would be 3 business days before someone could call me and help. I have researched and researched and everything I've done does not work. CS and CCR just flat out do not recognize that any machine is connected. I have no firewall, no virus software, nothing that would block anything. The cable is fine and I have even tried a cable from a printer. I've uninstalled, re-installed CS and CCR multiple times. I see the cricut connected as a "remote disc" to my Mac, but why can't CS or CCR find it?!?!?! You don't need drivers for a Mac and that's what PC told me..."It's a Mac, it should just work". Ummmm, yes that is true for ANY other type of printer or device I've used with my Mac, but not the E2 or E1. I NEED to start a project today with some carts that I bought digitally. BEYOND FRUSTRATED. I want to throw my E1 and E2 away! Seems like PC needs to spend some good money on a new software team. Any help would be appreciated!!!
WPatella Offline
#564 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 5:44:51 PM(UTC)
WPatella

My CE2 is limiting me in size. I cut 6 inch bats last year for Halloween from Paper Doll Dress Up. This year when I tried to do the exact same project, my same CE2 is limiting me to cut only 3.45 inch bats. If it thinks an image is too big to cut, the image screen stays grey until I re-size. Currently trying to update my CE2, going into the 4th hour now :-(
BRANDIMATOS5aaab17c Offline
#565 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:37:34 PM(UTC)
BRANDIMATOS5aaab17c

[size=9][size=8]So.... first time posting in the forums. I just purchased a Cricut Expression 2 5th Anniversary Edition and brought it home to play with today. Unfortunately, it will not allow me past the start screen :-( It appears that the only button that works is the power button. I can merely turn it on and off. My computer will not read or recognize it, and it does not allow me to "calibrate" it as it says in the manual and online. It literally turns on and stays on that same screen until you power it off. I currently have a Cricut Mini for which I love, but have problems with as well. I have never had an issue with Provocraft's customer service, however. They have been nothing short of courteous, professional, and friendly. I'm sure whatever this issue is, they will have it resolved it in a reasonable amount of time.
I am curious to know if anyone else has had this same issue?
SadieB Offline
#566 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:29:44 PM(UTC)
SadieB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just updated my Expression to an E2....only been playing with for an hour so far....jury still out. I thought it would be quicker but so far its taking longer to move around the page I think I am going to miss the arrow keys where you can zoom the blade across to where you want it. But there are some new features which are super cool so I will keep playing x
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#567 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 9:23:23 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
I have had my E2 for just under 2 months and At first I wasn't sure I liked it, but after using it to make stuff for Christmas card making and snow flakes for our Christmas tree I think I might like it. For Christmas today I got 2 new cutting mats. I am having problems with the paper sticking too much and it not coming off easily. The mat that came with the machine was never as sticky as these are. It is like they put turbo glue on it or something.

I am finding myself making stuff even if I am not using it just to use the paper so I don't waist a 12X12 piece of paper. I am stock piling all the stuff I cut out. I figure if I don't use them in the future than I can give them as gives to friends that scrap.
zgarrettpools6c91d05b Offline
#568 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:33:27 PM(UTC)
zgarrettpools6c91d05b

tears everything, just got it for x-mas, the cutting is a huge problem, nothing cuts nice and cleanCursing Mad Crying Confused
panaroy9bbd6f24 Offline
#569 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:34:28 PM(UTC)
panaroy9bbd6f24

Originally Posted by: zgarrettpools6c91d05b Go to Quoted Post
tears everything, just got it for x-mas, the cutting is a huge problem, nothing cuts nice and cleanCursing Mad Crying Confused

What kind of paper are you using??? The paper makes all the difference. I only use Michaels brand Recollections to cut on my cricut.
scrapalette Offline
#570 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:37:30 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dorichatelain44314a80 Go to Quoted Post
I have had my E2 for just under 2 months and At first I wasn't sure I liked it, but after using it to make stuff for Christmas card making and snow flakes for our Christmas tree I think I might like it. For Christmas today I got 2 new cutting mats. I am having problems with the paper sticking too much and it not coming off easily. The mat that came with the machine was never as sticky as these are. It is like they put turbo glue on it or something.

I am finding myself making stuff even if I am not using it just to use the paper so I don't waist a 12X12 piece of paper. I am stock piling all the stuff I cut out. I figure if I don't use them in the future than I can give them as gives to friends that scrap.

You don't have to cut stuff just to fill the page. Since you can see where your image is on the screen, just match your paper to that position on your mat. As long as you have a piece of paper that is larger than your image(s), you can use any size paper. . .even small scraps! BigGrin