Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tkbyeager241a092e Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 7:16:50 PM(UTC)
tkbyeager241a092e

Groups: Registered

So, I have spent 2 days on the phone with cricut. I had updated my firmware on my cake mini so that I could use the design studio trial and craft room. The first lady told me to select the personal cutter, still no luck, it was crashed. The next day, another lady told me to use the cricut create and it worked! Mupy machine worked again, it came out of update mode and my screen was normal again.

I came home and was ancious to out craft room. It worked! Now, it will not work again. I turn it on, it loads, etc. but my buttons do not work and it is not recognizing my cartridges. Can someone please help me? I have lots of projects I need to get done!
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 7:45:27 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tkbyeager241a092e Go to Quoted Post
So, I have spent 2 days on the phone with cricut. I had updated my firmware on my cake mini so that I could use the design studio trial and craft room. The first lady told me to select the personal cutter, still no luck, it was crashed. The next day, another lady told me to use the cricut create and it worked! Mupy machine worked again, it came out of update mode and my screen was normal again.

I came home and was ancious to out craft room. It worked! Now, it will not work again. I turn it on, it loads, etc. but my buttons do not work and it is not recognizing my cartridges. Can someone please help me? I have lots of projects I need to get done!

Reset your Cricut.

Resetting Cricut

1) Turn your machine on with no cartridge loaded. Then you are going to roll all your gray dials (the two on the left and the one on the right) down to their lowest settings.

2) Then you will want to grasp the green/gold cylinder blade assembly and use it to pull the entire gray carriage car unit (the one with the Cricut bug on it) along its track to the other side of the machine. Back in the cave where the gray carriage car usually sits there is a red button. Press that button and hold it down for about three seconds. Let go and then move the gray carriage car back into place.

3) This next step will sound a bit odd, but many times it can fix your little "bug". You're going to roll all your dials all the way up and all the way down three times---three times for each dial. Then you are going to hit the Cut button and turn the machine off. Let the machine sit for a few minutes (15-20), load a cartridge, turn it on, and try a practice cut.

When you connected your Cake Mini, did you add CCR drivers? If did, do not as you want to update with DS and try to see if that will work. If CCR tries to prompt you with an update, tell it no.

Edited by user Friday, July 06, 2012 10:15:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GypsyBoricua Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:40:46 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 745 time(s) in 399 post(s)
I don't know if you cake mini is fixed yet, but if not, I had a similar problem (with my Create) and it was the power cord. PC sent me a new power cord.
heather.1956f8e0dd16 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 3:06:41 PM(UTC)
heather.1956f8e0dd16

I have the same problem with my cricut mini cake after going into the craft room and updating. I have spent two days trying to sort it out and it still is not working.

I followed the "reset" and still nothing I even went back on and made sure what driver's I had added.

Still not working. I am at a loss, does anybody have any other ideas that I can try please.
balogunbayo20111aa6dda5 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 6:03:51 AM(UTC)
balogunbayo20111aa6dda5

Can someone help me. My Cricut has refuse to work after I attempted to do firmware upgrade. All the light in the key pad remain on without any movement
From the machine. Pehalf I need to reset the machine to factory setting but I don't know what to do. Please help urgently.

+2348070320299
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 6:05:32 AM(UTC)
balogunbayo20111aa6dda5

Can someone help me. My Cricut has refuse to work after I attempted to do firmware upgrade. All the light in the key pad remain on without any movement
From the machine. Pehalf I need to reset the machine to factory setting but I don't know what to do. Please help urgently.

+2348070320299
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:53:15 AM(UTC)
balogunbayo20111aa6dda5

Goodnews on firmware update. I have similar problem but now it now over. What I did was to update the firmware with PERSONAL CUTTER EXPRESSION FIRMWARE. that was all. Try it out or call me on +2348070320299