Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Lulu49256e1fd9d40 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 8:00:31 AM(UTC)
Lulu49256e1fd9d40

Groups: Registered

Just received my cuttlebug and wondering if anyone has ideas on how to incorporate
both of them in the same project.
I do not have any die cuts for the cuttlebug, but do have lots of embossing folders and cricut cartridges. Thanks for any help.
Larmabee Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 10:16:35 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I love cards with textured paper. Off the top of my head, I remember a card with a sheep on it. The "wool" had been run through a cuttle bug, giving it a curly look. The same for clouds.
Linda Ajello Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 6:51:15 PM(UTC)
Linda Ajello

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 70 post(s)
I love to use the cuttlebug to texture paper to use with the cricut. One example is to use the paisley or dots embossing folder and then cut the paper with the cricut. Using the everyday paper dolls cartridge, my daugher cuts out clothes for the people. A textured paper can be cut into a really pretty skirt etc.

Another use for the cuttlebug embossing folder is to cut a "mat" for a card. Using Create A Critter, the snail cut on accessory- I cut a "postage stamp" shape and then run that through the cuttlebug, One embossing folder actually has Happy Birthday and another one Thank you on it. Run the "mat" you make through the cuttlebug with Thank you embossing folder. Now glue this mat on a 5 by 7 card. Use the cricut to cut a flower pot and flowers- glue on the mat and you have a great thank you card. Check out my blog to see examples- I think we posted the thankyou ones there- My daughter, Megan, makes cards using all of these items. Kids love the cuttlebug and "texturing" the paper. I teach special needs kids how to use the cirut and cuttlebug and they like to make the paper 3D as they say.
Hope my above instructions were somewhat clear!
Have fun and enjoy, Linda
 1 user thanked Linda Ajello for this useful post.
Eleanor on 1/3/2013(UTC)
TulipCollector Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 7:00:06 PM(UTC)
TulipCollector

United States

Was thanked: 7222 time(s) in 2516 post(s)
Here is something I did today for a challenge. I ran the mermaids hair through the cuttlebug for dimension and a more hairlike look.

TulipCollector attached the following image(s):
Giftbag.jpg
 2 users thanked TulipCollector for this useful post.
Linda Ajello on 7/13/2012(UTC), garagesaler on 1/1/2013(UTC)
Linda Ajello Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 7:21:03 PM(UTC)
Linda Ajello

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Tulipcollector- i LOVE the hair on the mermaid. Never thought about texturing the hair- thank you - great idea!
World.Of.Hoard-Craft Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:58:28 PM(UTC)
World.Of.Hoard-Craft

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The number-one tip I can give you is to cut first and emboss later. You will save yourself a lot of trouble getting regular paper to stick to the mat. Embossed paper needs to be mushed onto the mat to be cut and you will lose a lot of your texture.
I will use Doodlecharms as an example because I've embossed a lot of shapes off of it. The ice cream cone- I used a 'burlap' texture folder on the cone, and swirls on the scoops. The Christmas Stocking- I left the base plain, and used Swiss Dots folder to emboss the toe, heel, and cuff of the stocking.
Another way to use embossing is to emboss the background (base) of a card, then use pop-dots to add on other embossed diecuts (use different folders).
You can diecut a shape using white-core cardstock, then over the top, lightly rub sandpaper or a nail buffer (like the ones you manicure with). It will rub off some of the color, and the white will come through. OR, emboss a shape and lightly rub a pigment ink pad over the top. Then the ink color will make the embossing pop.
Consider the fact that each Embossing folder can also be a DEbossing folder. Embossing make the texture pop up, but DEbossing pushes the design down into the paper. Just flip over your folder, and you now have two ways to use one folder.
Lots of pieces can be embossed- clothes for Paper Doll cartridges, clouds, animals, foods like cupcake or ice cream images, I like to use silhouette shapes like A Child's Year and emboss those...
The number-two tip I can give is if you are using an embossed base, then the pieces you add on need to be pop-dotted or else they will get the underlayer's texture showing through. Another way to get around this is a textured base, and layers of plain paper on top. Say, the Doodlecharms XMas Stocking, If I texture the base with dots, then add flat toe/heel/cuff, the dots will poke through the toe/heel etc. IF I use two layers of flat cardstock for those peices, the dots don't poke thru. You can also DEboss the base, and then the design won't poke out.
 1 user thanked World.Of.Hoard-Craft for this useful post.
Eleanor on 1/3/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Online
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:00:50 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19162 time(s) in 8569 post(s)
I love embossing my Cricut cuts!

2 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
lclarke5b9aacd04 on 12/13/2012(UTC), garagesaler on 1/1/2013(UTC)
lclarke5b9aacd04 Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:10:46 PM(UTC)
lclarke5b9aacd04

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I love embossing my Cricut cuts!

Scrapalette- this card's layering is so beautiful and inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing! Just bought a cuttlebug and I am defintiely going to play with embossing my cricut cuts.
LisaBigGrin
 1 user thanked lclarke5b9aacd04 for this useful post.
scrapalette on 12/31/2012(UTC)
scrapalette Online
#9 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 11:20:59 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19162 time(s) in 8569 post(s)
Thanks! BigGrin
PaperKrafter4Life Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:32:15 PM(UTC)
PaperKrafter4Life

United States

Was thanked: 202 time(s) in 152 post(s)
about a month ago there was a RAK request for baby BOY diecuts. I just did 30 shape diecuts and ran most of them thru a cuttlebug folder for texture. i made a onesie and did the diagonal lines folder then put a strip of pokadot ribbon across the front. turned out way cute. used the swiss dots one on several diecuts. big dots on a frog die cut. etc. the possiblities are endless.
the lucky recepient of these diecuts will be so surprised when she gets my envelope. Wish I could see her face when she opens it.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:32:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added to it.

Laryn419249b398 Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 4:06:30 PM(UTC)
Laryn419249b398

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
What embossing die do you use to to that. I do not havea Cuttlebug and I love using my cricut bu I do not use it as much as I should. I woulder if it's worth it for me to get.