Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SKBacher Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 11:52:24 AM(UTC)
SKBacher

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

I am a 5th grade teacher and wanted to do a new theme this year. I thought the students would really get into something like the iphone/facebook craze. Thought about using their "texting" language as well...... such as the homework board might just say HMWK...that kind of thing.

Any ideas to help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it!!!
Teresa Turner Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:38:24 PM(UTC)
Teresa Turner

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 114 post(s)
I'm middle school 5/6 reading and math. Sounds like a great idea to me! You could even make up a few text 'words' for the subjects you teach. I bet the kids will love it. I'll have to think to get some more ideas. Maybe others will post their thoughts as well.
Berksgirl Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 7:08:39 PM(UTC)
Berksgirl

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there!

I'm a technology teacher (taught 5th grade for 6 years ;) and I'm always looking for new and fun bulletin boards to create in my classroom.

Although, I'm extremely new to the Cricut, I could possibly give you some ideas for inspiration and you might be able to incorporate the Cricut?

Last year, I did do a bulletin board that was called "Learn Our Language" and it basically had speech bubbles and iPhone templates with text phrases all over the board and underneath it, had what each text meant. That is my only board I forgot to take a picture of. I used this for the iPhone templates. They also have iPads on there as well. http://www.redkid.net/generator/sign.php/

I had another board called "Wii Zap Computer Bugs" and it had Wii remote cutouts with definitions of viruses and clipart. Now since you do not teach computers, you could always change the title into something like "Wii Zap Grammatical Errors..." To get an idea of the board, it's on my website at http://www.berkerytech.com

I had a board called "YouType" where I based it off Youtube. I found a YouTube font generator online and created my own to say YouType. Maybe you could do "MathTube." That can also be seen on my website.

One thing I am doing this year is creating a gigantic iPhone and enlarging apps we use in class and pasting it on there. The title will be "App-ly Yourself in Tech." You could maybe create something with the subject areas as "apps" and it says "App-ly Yourself in (insert your name here)'s Classroom."

I also pinned some ideas to my pinterest boards here: http://pinterest.com/ber...rl/technology-classroom/ You can find one with an iPod and some other similar things.

Now the only thing I have not found ideas for was Facebook. However, I use this template (http://ncasdtech.wikispaces.com/Facebook+Templates) in my class. However I alter it each time to meet my specific needs.This year, I was going to enlarge and create a bulletin board with it and feature a different country or state every week on it. Thought it might be fun to do. Maybe use the 50 States cartridge with this one? Or with 5th graders, I cover the Periodic Table so I might do the elements. Not sure yet.

So hopefully some of this might have helped a little. I'm sorry I couldn't help with ideas for the Cricut though. My Cricut came just last week so like I said, extremely new.

Have a wonderful weekend!
~Lisa

3 users thanked Berksgirl for this useful post.
Larmabee on 7/22/2012(UTC), Khrista on 7/23/2012(UTC), mhjudge67 on 7/25/2012(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 7:56:12 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2512 time(s) in 1400 post(s)
I made the MP3 player for a bulletin board and also small ones last year. Kids loved it. I'll use my large MP3 bulletin board again.. I laminated them so I could use a dry erase pen and change what is on them. The small one's I used to identify ipods to specific kids as they share them throughout the day.

http://creativeandcrafty...011/11/school-ideas.html

HTH
:)Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
mhjudge67 on 7/25/2012(UTC)
SouthernVintage Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:04:56 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 802 time(s) in 714 post(s)
I'm not a teacher and have been out of school many, many years. I do, however, have grandchildren in school. I just wanted to pass along some kudos to the teachers on the mb. You really do have some new challenges every year in the class rooms. Looks like you are coming through with flying colors! You have some great projects! Thanks for keeping things fresh for the children...hope some of my g'kids teachers are on here!BigGrin Here's to a great new school year...soon.BigGrin
 2 users thanked SouthernVintage for this useful post.
Teresa Turner on 7/25/2012(UTC), bodaciousbrandie on 8/22/2012(UTC)
asharoonie Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 3:07:11 PM(UTC)
asharoonie

Canada

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I came across this idea the other day looking into The Daily Five on a random website.

I was googling some things again today, and found an ipad/iphone template kids can use to 'text' spelling words. I'll definitely use this in my room this year! Very fun!

http://mrsgilchristsclass.blogs...ad-spelling-freebie.html