Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mooreba89c489449f Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:46:25 PM(UTC)
mooreba89c489449f

Groups: Registered

I am a First grade teacher and am interested in purchasing a Cricut Expression 2. I would probably use it mostly for my classroom, but also for my home and possibly cards. I would love some suggestions if this is the right machine for me. Also, what cartridges would be good to purchase?
CarleneC Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:55:44 PM(UTC)
CarleneC

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Cricut is offering a special back to school offer with Expression 2s right now. You can get some digital classroom images for free: http://www.cricut.com/school/?utm_source=back_to_school&utm_medium=email&utm_content=school_link&utm_campaign=back_to_school

That would be a great place to start!!
mooreba89c489449f Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:58:24 PM(UTC)
mooreba89c489449f

Thank you!
asharoonie Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:30:26 PM(UTC)
asharoonie

Canada

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I am also a teacher and LOVE my Cricut! I've only had it since the beginning of July and have used it almost daily.

Some cartridges that would be a good start for first grade might be Create a Critter and the Paper Doll cartridges. You can easily browse the types of images cartridges have by looking at the digital handbook. I do this when contemplating between two cartridges. I will also do a search on the message boards or google if I'm looking for specific types of images. I just got the digital version of Everyday Paper Dolls because I was looking for construction themed things.

If you go to the shopping tab, search for the name of the cartridge. Scroll down a bit and under "Cartridge Resource" you can click on the digital handbook. Check out the Everyday Paper Dolls one here: http://www.cricut.com/res/handb...verydayPaperDolls_cw.pdf

I found this site listing all the cricut cartridges on Google - I have NO idea how up to date it is, but it may be a start. I'd look at the name of the cartridge and just search up the handbook. http://joyslife.com/CricutCartChecklist.html

Hopefully some others will get back to you about other cartridges that would be most helpful.

1 user thanked asharoonie for this useful post.
mooreba89c489449f on 8/1/2012(UTC)
CarleneC Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2012 7:38:10 AM(UTC)
CarleneC

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: asharoonie Go to Quoted Post
I am also a teacher and LOVE my Cricut! I've only had it since the beginning of July and have used it almost daily.

Some cartridges that would be a good start for first grade might be Create a Critter and the Paper Doll cartridges. You can easily browse the types of images cartridges have by looking at the digital handbook. I do this when contemplating between two cartridges. I will also do a search on the message boards or google if I'm looking for specific types of images. I just got the digital version of Everyday Paper Dolls because I was looking for construction themed things.

If you go to the shopping tab, search for the name of the cartridge. Scroll down a bit and under "Cartridge Resource" you can click on the digital handbook. Check out the Everyday Paper Dolls one here: http://www.cricut.com/res/handb...verydayPaperDolls_cw.pdf

I found this site listing all the cricut cartridges on Google - I have NO idea how up to date it is, but it may be a start. I'd look at the name of the cartridge and just search up the handbook. http://joyslife.com/CricutCartChecklist.html

Hopefully some others will get back to you about other cartridges that would be most helpful.

Check the cartridge library: http://www.cricut.com/information/cartridge_library.aspx

It's not 100% up to date, but has most of the carts listed and most of the digital handbooks.
 1 user thanked CarleneC for this useful post.
mooreba89c489449f on 8/1/2012(UTC)
Cricut4theclassroom Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2012 8:53:35 PM(UTC)
Cricut4theclassroom

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 57 post(s)
The Everyday Paper Dolls is almost a must for primary teachers, and even older. I teach kindergarten and the ones that get used the most for my classroom are Everyday Paper Dolls, Doodlecharms, Locker Talk, and Animal Kingdom. I have had my Cricut for over a year now and I love it. I actually have one for home and a family member donated theirs for me to take to the classroom.
 1 user thanked Cricut4theclassroom for this useful post.
mooreba89c489449f on 8/5/2012(UTC)
Godot's Girl Online
#7 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2012 10:12:59 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2879 time(s) in 1727 post(s)
I, too, would suggest Everyday Paper Dolls, Create A Critter, Locker Talk, and Doodlecharms. A couple more are Paper Dolls Dress Up and Plantin' Schoolbook. There are some carts, called Classroom cartridges, you may want to check out as well. I believe they are My World, My Community, and a few more....I do not have them, so do not remember the names. 50 States has just that, all 50 states with their flags, birds, capitols, etc. There are a few carts that are word builders...they have puzzle pieces, or other images, that have the letters cut out inside them. You can then connect them together, after cutting them out, to form words. Learning Curve has the puzzle pieces, I believe, but it may not be the only one. For vehicles, the Lite cart Beep Beep! is awesome for the age group you teach. However, the Lite carts were exclusive to WalMart, and most across the country have clearanced these carts, so they sold out quickly. You could still check. You may also be able to find it on eBay, which is a great source for good prices on carts, IF you win...LOL! I hope this is not information overload. I would definitely check out the Cartridge Library on this site. Clicking on the name of the cart will take you to it's handbook. That way you can scroll through what images are available on the cart, and see all the features. Unfortunately, the newer carts are not on it. However, the ones that have been suggested are. Good Luck! HTH. GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
mooreba89c489449f on 8/5/2012(UTC)
crafteechic Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:41:29 PM(UTC)
crafteechic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Did you get a machine? The original machines are being clearanced for like $80. If you have a Joann's card you can also get an additional 15% off. I like the original one for school because it's smaller and portable. Another good one to keep @ school is the cricut mini if you have access to a computer. Other than that, get an E2. I love it. It's great for anything because you can print a lot at once. All the previous responses made sense about the carts. I use different carts for different things. If you can get your hands on a Mickey Mouse font cart it is great for bulletin board letters.