Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

missamericaaax3ed470e81 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2012 8:55:46 AM(UTC)
missamericaaax3ed470e81

Groups: Registered

Hii everyone!

I recieved my first cricut machine in the mail last week and I was so excited to finally be able to be apart of all the crafting that I've been seeing on youtube and so many great blogs. But guess what? The machine won't even cut regular cardstock paper. I have no idea what else to do I have followed cutting guides from various blogs, cleaned the blade, corrected the pressure and such. But still nothing. It will sort of cut the paper but not completly through. I have heard so many great things about Cricut and the machine but honestly if I cant get it to cut right, it's going back to the store.

If anyone could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.Crying
KristieD Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2012 9:51:38 AM(UTC)
KristieD

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 30 post(s)
You said you checked the pressure... there is two pressure settings

one on the blade itself... try 5 or 6 (the strongest)

and before you cut the screen comes up with the pressure again... 5 or 6 again is strongest
missamericaaax3ed470e81 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2012 10:31:29 AM(UTC)
missamericaaax3ed470e81

Yes I have also tried that, which you would think that setting is to cut way heavier paper. I'm not sure what is going on or what I am doing wrong. I bought the machine brand new, so there shouldnt be problems with the blade.
farzanah_tt021dbceb Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2012 3:39:10 PM(UTC)
farzanah_tt021dbceb

I seem to have the same problem, its cutting but not all the way thru. I am also new to this, and really bought it because Im getting ready to celebrate my baby's 2nd bday. Now I cant do my decorations.Crying
Maxluv Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2012 5:30:27 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 490 time(s) in 377 post(s)
If it isnt cutting all the way thru, are you sure you have the blade in correctly? Is your paper smack down to the mat? What is your pressure set on? what is the blade set?
MaryStillman Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2012 6:27:59 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1255 time(s) in 797 post(s)
Originally Posted by: farzanah_tt021dbceb Go to Quoted Post
I seem to have the same problem, its cutting but not all the way thru. I am also new to this, and really bought it because Im getting ready to celebrate my baby's 2nd bday. Now I cant do my decorations.Crying

Is the arrow on the blade housing in the front where you can see it and not turned around to the back? Here's a video that shows how to change the blade. It has a really nice close up of where the arrow should be. If the housing is not installed properly, cutting will be bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYT4VlAT_Y

If the video does not help, try searching YouTube.

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
farzanah_tt021dbceb on 8/3/2012(UTC)
claudia_galindoc788914e Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2012 10:31:29 PM(UTC)
claudia_galindoc788914e

I have the same problem :( watched the video and the blade is correctly installed. I dont know what else to do. I live in Mexico so I can not return to the store :( I got like 10 cartridges its so unfair and frustrating.
PriscillaSwaney Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2012 11:18:37 PM(UTC)
PriscillaSwaney

I am having the same problem with my new Expression2, never had this problem with my original Expression. I installed a heavy duty blade, still had to set it to where it cuts the image twice for it to cut through just plain card stock. Also, my light has already stopped working, burned out. I got mine from HSN when they introduced them. I like my old one better, should have returned it as it looks like there are a lot of fixes that are needed.Confused
Godot's Girl Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2012 12:37:23 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 3029 time(s) in 1821 post(s)
Have you tried calling Customer Service? GG
thedebc613e266aec1 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 6:01:08 PM(UTC)
thedebc613e266aec1

I had the same problem, my Cricut would not even cut through thin paper,and I had to return it. I bought it from Michaels Craft store and they were very good about exchanging it.
I have had no problems with the new one.
wheaton.dawn256ad4132 Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:04:17 AM(UTC)
wheaton.dawn256ad4132

I also have a Cricut Expression 2 that does not cut. I just bought new blades today. I called customer service and they said to download updates. (I guess I missed the last 11) I will try this tonight. He said that if that doesn't help, they will send me a new blade housing. I've had mine since Xmas and have only used it a few times. Now that I was ready to use it all the time...it doesn't cut. Mad I hope this gets resovled before my warranty expires next month!
laurawong20044b636f83 Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:42:28 PM(UTC)
laurawong20044b636f83

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Since it's brand new (new mat, new blades, new machine, software all up to date) and it's already acting up, if it were me, I would just return it right away and get a new one and see if it works. I'm fairly new to Cricut myself (in fact, I posted something right before I saw your post!) and I'm having the same problem with my E2 now. But since I've had it for 3.5 months now (with no problems until now), I can't return mine to get a new one. :-( If I could, I would do it in a heartbeat. Now, I'll likely have to go through Cricut Support.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Laura
World.Of.Hoard-Craft Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 2:20:46 PM(UTC)
World.Of.Hoard-Craft

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Is it possible the blade is just a dud? I had the same exact problem cutting througn Bazzill with my Expression. It had a new blade in it, but when I switched out to another new blade, it cut perfectly again. I think my blade was a dud, but I have no way to prove it to complain to PC and request a replacement.
If you've already tweaked the pressure, speed, and blade settings, maybe you also got a bad blade?
hasey844047e5dd Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:20:49 PM(UTC)
hasey844047e5dd

This is my first cricut; so far I'm off to a really bad start! I chose to use a fancy foil paper for my first cut, BIG MISTAKE!! The paper stuck fast, and when I tried to reposition it tore. It took me (honestly) 2 hours to get the paper off the mat, which by the way was all bent up from being in the box, is that normal? When I finally removed all the paper, the second piece of paper would NOT stick at all and the blade cut the mat. After cleaning the mat “better” I got a piece of medium weight paper to stick really well, once it started cutting I was so happy BUT the blade didn’t cut it all the way through... I tried several times, with different setting and every time I try to peel my cuts they just rip. It’s nothing like the infomercial or the images on the box!Mad
Narelle Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:58:29 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7910 time(s) in 3708 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hasey844047e5dd Go to Quoted Post
This is my first cricut; so far I'm off to a really bad start! I chose to use a fancy foil paper for my first cut, BIG MISTAKE!! The paper stuck fast, and when I tried to reposition it tore. It took me (honestly) 2 hours to get the paper off the mat, which by the way was all bent up from being in the box, is that normal? When I finally removed all the paper, the second piece of paper would NOT stick at all and the blade cut the mat. After cleaning the mat “better” I got a piece of medium weight paper to stick really well, once it started cutting I was so happy BUT the blade didn’t cut it all the way through... I tried several times, with different setting and every time I try to peel my cuts they just rip. It’s nothing like the infomercial or the images on the box!Mad

You might have just got a dodgy blade. I'd suggest you give customer service a call in the morning. (They're open usual hours on Friday.) They'll help trouble shoot your problems.

Your mat should flatten out if you lie something heavy on it, but I'd let CS know anyway just in case they decide to send you a new one. The newest mats - they have a picture of the cricut on the front of the mat - are much better than the old ones. Regardless of which mats you use though, putting light weight paper on a new mat will always end in frustration. The adhesive is just too sticky for thin paper.

Hopefully once you get your cutting problems sorted out you'll be much happier with your E2. I love mine! Smile

lenad33329266387 Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:29:35 PM(UTC)
lenad33329266387

My expression 2 has been in my craft room and not used for about 3 months. I turned it on today and all I got was the logo screen. I did the reset with the 3 keys and got to the rainbow screen and right back to the logo screen 15 times. I tried calling the support number listed online as well but was unable to get through to a person. I'm trying to do a project for my sons first birthday and I really hope there is a way to fix this machine. Please Help ASAP!!!!!!!!!!