Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KathleenAndrolewicz Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 3:46:13 PM(UTC)
KathleenAndrolewicz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If I run the CCR installed icon from my desktop, I immediately get the pop-up box CCRBridge.exe has stopped working and I cannot even login to CCR. If I try to login to the web CCR, Adobe Player has a permissions icon that will not allow me to click it or enter the web CCR. This is SO frustrating. I used to be able to get in on my old computer but it died and I upgraded to Windows 7, 64-bit OS with 8 GB RAM. I have a Cricut Create. Design Studio works but there are some things I would like to access with CCR. I emailed support and they said I will have to call in. However, your office hours are the same as my working hours and there is no way I can call in. I am sure I cannot be the only one with this issue because I see where people have searched the web for solutions. This has been ongoing since Feb or so. I am technically literate and provide computer tech support for a living. Can you provide a knowledge base something? My antivirus software is Bit Defender and it does not seem to be the issue because I was running that on my old comptuer.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 4:54:18 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KathleenAndrolewicz Go to Quoted Post
If I run the CCR installed icon from my desktop, I immediately get the pop-up box CCRBridge.exe has stopped working and I cannot even login to CCR. If I try to login to the web CCR, Adobe Player has a permissions icon that will not allow me to click it or enter the web CCR. This is SO frustrating. I used to be able to get in on my old computer but it died and I upgraded to Windows 7, 64-bit OS with 8 GB RAM. I have a Cricut Create. Design Studio works but there are some things I would like to access with CCR. I emailed support and they said I will have to call in. However, your office hours are the same as my working hours and there is no way I can call in. I am sure I cannot be the only one with this issue because I see where people have searched the web for solutions. This has been ongoing since Feb or so. I am technically literate and provide computer tech support for a living. Can you provide a knowledge base something? My antivirus software is Bit Defender and it does not seem to be the issue because I was running that on my old comptuer.

Just to take it out of the equation, have you tried disabling/uninstalling Bit Defender to see if it is in fact the problem? Windows 7 64 bit in particular seems to have problems with some anti-virus programs.
KathleenAndrolewicz Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 4:00:14 PM(UTC)
KathleenAndrolewicz

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 software from my computer and installed Microsoft Home Security Essentials (free antivirus) and my CCRBridge.exe problem went away. Bitdefender Antifirus Plus 2012 software is not compatible with Cricut Craft Room. I have emailed Bitdefender about this incompatibility. Thank you for your help with this long and bothersome problem for me. I am extremely grateful!!
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 5:04:11 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: KathleenAndrolewicz Go to Quoted Post
I uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 software from my computer and installed Microsoft Home Security Essentials (free antivirus) and my CCRBridge.exe problem went away. Bitdefender Antifirus Plus 2012 software is not compatible with Cricut Craft Room. I have emailed Bitdefender about this incompatibility. Thank you for your help with this long and bothersome problem for me. I am extremely grateful!!

I tested about 5 different anti-virus programs to get them to work with CCR a few months ago, but haven't had time to try Bit Defender yet.

I'm glad you can now use CCR. Smile
noahsarkgirl Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 4:38:05 PM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
I am having the same problem, but I run Vista :( I looked for Bit defender and did not see it in my list of programs. I use Avast anti-virus. Think that could be the problem?
elsabe.esterhuysen8fd396f6 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:40:59 PM(UTC)
elsabe.esterhuysen8fd396f6

@noahsarkgirl Avast gave me the same problem.Disabled the program for a while and everything worked fine.Either disable it everytime you want to use the software or try another ani-virus.
Cricut Heidi Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:21:37 AM(UTC)
Cricut Heidi

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: elsabe.esterhuysen8fd396f6 Go to Quoted Post
@noahsarkgirl Avast gave me the same problem.Disabled the program for a while and everything worked fine.Either disable it everytime you want to use the software or try another ani-virus.

There are a couple of anitvirus programs that will make it so the Craftroom cannot work. I have not heard of Bitfinder. Are there any other antivirus programs that you are running? Avast, Macafee or Sophos?
justinefilapek740b89ce Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:37:05 AM(UTC)
justinefilapek740b89ce

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The craftroom updates should work with all programs they worked with previously. I find it unacceptable to have to disable or change virus software when the craft room worked fine with it prior to the update. This should be verified before releasing new versions.Mad
lf699805a96f93 Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:07:50 PM(UTC)
lf699805a96f93

Since May I have had the Cricut Exp2, running Windows 7, with Comodo Anivirus, Provocraft says its Comodo, not white listed, just spend 2 hours on chat and remote access with Comodo and they say its the application. I get the CCR Bridge.exe error and cannot use cricut sync/craftroom, have to use the tiny screen on machine w/stylus. Extremely upset, have tried since May to fix. In June I used on my windows Vista laptop running Comodo and it worked, that computer has since died and still frustrated. Never should have bought it, does anyone ese get the run around from Provocraft blaming an application issue on onther vendors? Comodo rep stated it was application because he deactivated Comodo Anit virus and Firewall and still had message, even tried to allow and it would not work. Problem is not Comodo its Provocraft.
pacokun8f4b3902 Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:57:03 PM(UTC)
pacokun8f4b3902

Can this company take care of this issue SOOON! This is been going on for too long. You got the majority of your customers having the same issue and no matter what other user are advising to each other, there is not one thing that works for everyone! Neither is the cricut staff addressing any of our post. I had tried everything, removed/reinstalled the software, disabled, and uninstalled all antivirus. Nothing. My wife had posted many messages on this site, had called the company way too many time and no one cares to help.

What did you do wrong on the last software update? Fix it.Mad It was working fine before, now it is not. Hint, hint.

If you ask me, I think my wife waisted way too much money on on these two piece of junk. If you want to be a successful company, you better start responding your customers needs!

WIN Vista SP2. + All updates

Edited by user Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:02:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

pacokun8f4b3902 attached the following image(s):
CCRBridge.jpg
CricutGena Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:52:29 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 999 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello all! The CCRBridge error is caused when an antivirus blocks the program from working. The Comodo antivirus program is not compatible with Cricut Craft Room. However most other antivirus programs are compatible. You will just need to add these programs into the exceptions:
• Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder

If you are still experiencing an issue after adding these programs to your exceptions please call customer service. We have some great techs that can help you get up and running! Our number is 877-7cricut.
-PCGena
nangel45554fac856 Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 5:01:11 AM(UTC)
nangel45554fac856

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Ladies,
I just recently had the same issues you have had with the Craft room program. I thought and assumed it was an issue with Windows on my home PC. Talked with Microsoft Windows and they tried everything they could to help me. But of course they said like ive ready many other forums they just blame the other guy the firewall people or the program creators. Well i then decided to get crafty. Excuse the pun. I tried to download the program on my laptop...funny thing occured nothing was wrong when i uploaded the program. MMM a few days go by and i have to renew and download a update for my firewall. Hello and behold guess what happened the evil msg of CCRBridge.exe occurred! So just 20mins prior the program worked but then i update the securtiy firewall and now it doesnt work. MMM now i wonder whose issue that is. So i called Norton and said hey this is whats going on and there like its not our issue after temporary turning off my firewall they like see it still doesnt work you need to call Microsoft its there problem. Ummm no its not cause heres the real story. Then about 20mins in the phone call he does some research through my computer trying all the hints ive tried that have been listed on here and found they dont work. So then he went into Norton on my computer and added the Craft room program and all its files to the SONAR exclusion lists and scans list. He also then Change the antispyware setting to Allow instead of Auto. So Ladies if you have Norton heres your solution. Funny thing about it all is after he set up the new setting he quickly gave me a case number incase i have any issues and said goodbye. Of course i went to check to see if the program opened and it did. Werid dont ya think that he didnt stay around to find out it worked...mmm fishy fishy fishy lol Hope this all helps! Happy Cutting fellow Bug owners. :)
 1 user thanked nangel45554fac856 for this useful post.
s.white12e21ba507 on 12/29/2012(UTC)
tlraney1213f4a9b Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:37:41 PM(UTC)
tlraney1213f4a9b

Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, avast and zonealarm. I've disabled zonealarm and avast...I've added exceptions, I've tried it on 3 different machines...did it also on XP and same results.

This is ridiculous. It was a christmas gift, and I cant get it to work..

WHY would ANY company require the internet connectivity to run a simple damn program?? I have the Cricut mini....and its useless. I'll call tech support...but this should be as simple as installing a printer.
cseippb4cd8f23 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 2:16:46 PM(UTC)
cseippb4cd8f23

I am having the same issue with my cricut sync, I need to update my gypsy, it won't let me put new cartridges on it till I update it and I can't get the sync to work. I have done everything mentioned in the above posts with no success. I have windows 7 64-bit with Norton antivirus. I think I have been trying to update this for a long time now. Laptop is a year old and everything updated fine a year ago when I got it. Now it won't work. Nothing has changed on the laptop so I don't understand why the ccrbridge.exe won't work with the programs.
Narelle Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:04:51 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: cseippb4cd8f23 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same issue with my cricut sync, I need to update my gypsy, it won't let me put new cartridges on it till I update it and I can't get the sync to work. I have done everything mentioned in the above posts with no success. I have windows 7 64-bit with Norton antivirus. I think I have been trying to update this for a long time now. Laptop is a year old and everything updated fine a year ago when I got it. Now it won't work. Nothing has changed on the laptop so I don't understand why the ccrbridge.exe won't work with the programs.

Without scrolling up to the top and reading all the previous suggestions could you try this. (The info is for Norton 360. But might work for Norton as well.)

http://cricutcraftroomblog.blog...t.com.au/search?q=Norton
carol07f52a76 Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 8:23:49 AM(UTC)
carol07f52a76

folks settle down - this is easily fixable. I had recently installed Avast as a new antivirus on wifys computer and sure enough got this error. Avast allows you to exclude certain files which you know to be ok but that it feels are suspusious. Go into Avasts configurations and "exclude", every where you can the CCRBridge.exe file. Reboot computer and you should be good to go. Or just call the suppport number given above and they should walk you through it.

Have fun.