Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cricut4theclassroom Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:04:16 PM(UTC)
Cricut4theclassroom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I have started a kindergarten blog and I would love to get some followers and love to find out if others out there have blogs. Feel free to check it out.
http://kindermayhem.blogspot.com/
gcmcevoy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:04:15 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Just popped by your blog and you are off to a good start. I don't teach Kindergarten but your room looks very welcoming and friendly.
I don't have to go back for about another month. We start after Labor Day in NYC. I will go in to my class and set up in a few weeks.
All I have to do is take down the paper that covers my boards,and put up some new border. I don't have many boards in my room to start with and I have learned over the years to decorate my room in June when I have the big kids there to take down and put up (teach in a Catholic school so we go from Pre k3 to 8th grade) which they love doing and then just cover over with paper so the sun doesn't fade or paint get on the decorations when they paint the rooms. This of course will only be helpful if you are staying in your class and not moving roomsScared or grades.LOL
Have a wonderful year!
Cricut4theclassroom Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:03:14 PM(UTC)
Cricut4theclassroom

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gcmcevoy Go to Quoted Post
Just popped by your blog and you are off to a good start. I don't teach Kindergarten but your room looks very welcoming and friendly.
I don't have to go back for about another month. We start after Labor Day in NYC. I will go in to my class and set up in a few weeks.
All I have to do is take down the paper that covers my boards,and put up some new border. I don't have many boards in my room to start with and I have learned over the years to decorate my room in June when I have the big kids there to take down and put up (teach in a Catholic school so we go from Pre k3 to 8th grade) which they love doing and then just cover over with paper so the sun doesn't fade or paint get on the decorations when they paint the rooms. This of course will only be helpful if you are staying in your class and not moving roomsScared or grades.LOL
Have a wonderful year!

We always start the beginning of August when it is the hottest in AZ. In the past I have left my boards up from the year before but not this year. Our rooms don't get painted so I don't have to worry about that, but covering it up with paper is a good idea. Thank you for checking out the blog and the nice comments.