Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Leahdax Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:01:03 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
PC needs a consistant point value system for the rewards program. They have Gingerbread (a seasonal cart) for $15 on c.c and 1000 pts on rewards, which is 1.5 cents per point. Then they have Formal Occasions (a full cart), for $30 on c.c and 1000 pts on rewards, which is 3 cents per point. They also have the circle memebership for $79 on c.c and 3000 pts on rewards, which is about 2.6 cents per point.

They need to decide how much they want a point to be worth, then set the rewards points cost equivalent to the c.c price. So if they set a value of 2.5 cents per point, then a $15 item in c.c would cost 600pts, a $30 item on c.c would cost 1200pts and a $79 item on c.c would cost 3160pts. So much easier and straighforward.

All these different point values in the rewards program are frustrating, unnecessary and confusing. It makes it hard for customers to tell how much their points are really worth.

blondolphn Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:35:20 PM(UTC)
blondolphn

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5274 time(s) in 953 post(s)
I like your idea. it does makes sense that some carts have a higher value than others...
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:42:53 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18931 time(s) in 8447 post(s)
Actually, I think the answer is you're not paying anything for rewards merchandise, just the shipping and handling.

Reward points are included "free" in carts. If you are buying carts just for reward points, then your perception might be different. But I think most people buy carts because of the image(s) on the carts and the reward points are a bonus.

As far as how many points are needed to get an item, I think it varies just like the prices of items do. . .if there's lots of stock or the item is high demand or there is a limited quantity, the points needed will vary.

Edited by user Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:45:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Leahdax Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:40:33 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Actually, I think the answer is you're not paying anything for rewards merchandise, just the shipping and handling.

Rewards merchandise isn't free, they cost points. If you don't have enough points, you can't get the merchandise.

Quote:
Reward points are included "free" in carts. If you are buying carts just for reward points, then your perception might be different. But I think most people buy carts because of the image(s) on the carts and the reward points are a bonus.

Yes, rewards points are free, becaue they aren't the primary reason for the purchase. But, you still have to spend $$$ to get them. Consequently, they have real monetary value, at least to me. They are, in essence, the currency for the rewards site, and I always try to get the most out of my currency, regardless of what type it is or where it came from.

Also, just because something is free doesn't mean it's a good deal. I got a $100 gift card once from a car dealership (one of the biggest in my area), good only at this one website. Just pay the shipping. But the shipping cost of everything on the website was the same as the retail sale price, so nothing was really free.

Quote:
As far as how many points are needed to get an item, I think it varies just like the prices of items do. . .if there's lots of stock or the item is high demand or there is a limited quantity, the points needed will vary.

I would think that a company would rather try to unload their overstock inventory thru the sales department where customers are paying cash rather than thru the rewards program where they are essentially giving it away. And if a product is in high demand it probably won't be put on the rewards site anyway.