Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4i's Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:25:39 PM(UTC)
4i's

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Is anyone else having problems with CCR saying Check Mat Status when using CAC2? I've been stuck on this message forever now.

I have tried logging of CCR and turning of my E2 and haven't had any luck.
JustJudi Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:45:22 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 698 post(s)
I haven't tried it with CAC2 - but all I'm getting is a spinning wheel with Teddy Bear Parade...
4i's Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:50:10 PM(UTC)
4i's

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Is the spinning wheel the Initializing page of Accessing Your Account page?
JanisD Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:52:48 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 4i's Go to Quoted Post
Is anyone else having problems with CCR saying Check Mat Status when using CAC2? I've been stuck on this message forever now.

I cut out a few cuts from {CAC2 sneak preview} earlier today & had no problem. I'm using the E though, not the E2.
ScrapWorm Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 8:07:31 PM(UTC)
ScrapWorm

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 140 post(s)
About 7 pm central time, my CCR was a bit wonky. I used my mini tonight. The machine sounded like it was grinding almost to a complete stop when cutting around curves. So I stopped and unloaded the page. I readjusted my settings. And put back in. The wheel spun and would not intiate cut. So I turned off machine then on, it cut. I never have had any problems with CCR. Love it! I thought maybe a lot of people were trying to finish up on the CC2 contest.
jalws Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:41:12 PM(UTC)
jalws

I just purchased the Cricut Expressions 2 today. The machine cuts fine when I program it from the machine its self, but I am getting the same message "checking mat status" when i try to cut from the CCR, which last forever and doesn't cut ??? So frustrated!! Interested to know of you have found a solution to this problem ??? Thanks

USB is connected.
Tried to uninstall and reinstall program.
tried hitting cut on the screen, confirmed settings, loaded mat (hit button on CE2) and hit cut again on the CCR in that order according to directions.

Thanks
jillshipp16bfcd4d7 Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 12:48:43 PM(UTC)
jillshipp16bfcd4d7

I am having the same problem. This is the first time I have used it with my computer, so I am a little dissapointed that I am not able to cut with it.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 1:23:28 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1908 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 4i's Go to Quoted Post

I have this problem often with the E2, not the E1....... I turn off the E2, reboot CCR and then turn on the E2....... its a hassle and a PITA and shouldn't need to be done at all....... never happens with the E1.

jalws Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 7:48:21 AM(UTC)
jalws

I actually was able to fix this problem by making sure I have the most up to date cricut sync software.

http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync

It workef great right after. The machine is very touchy!! The second time it go stuck on the "cutting mat" message but wasn't actually cutting!! I had to restart my pc, this worked!

Hope this helps!
Laugh

Andrea_Lomas3d073513 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:57:35 AM(UTC)
Andrea_Lomas3d073513

i am getting "Checking Mat Status" too. sometimes i get it, sometimes i don't and it will cut. this is SO frustrating and i seem to be having many problems with the cricut craft room Mad
caryn.surfin3f142f65 Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:22:17 AM(UTC)
caryn.surfin3f142f65

So far this cricut is a waste of my time and money. I thought it was a plug it in and start making stuff. Wrong!! It's been checking matt status for over a half hour (again). One week after buying this E2 I still can't use the Craft Room. Sync Issues and Checking Matt Status. I just want to make something nice. Waaah!!
scrapalette Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:16:18 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19101 time(s) in 8532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: caryn.surfin3f142f65 Go to Quoted Post
So far this cricut is a waste of my time and money. I thought it was a plug it in and start making stuff. Wrong!! It's been checking matt status for over a half hour (again). One week after buying this E2 I still can't use the Craft Room. Sync Issues and Checking Matt Status. I just want to make something nice. Waaah!!

The original E and older models were plug in a cart and cut. The E2 and other newer models with the more advanced technology and touchscreen require set up, including installing the drivers. There are so many different computers, anti-virus software and other programs that may interfere with your set up process.

Go back through the set up process and if you can't get it going, call PC {they are probably closed Monday} and they will walk you through all the steps to get you cutting.
caryn.surfin3f142f65 Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:52:23 PM(UTC)
caryn.surfin3f142f65

Thank you scrapalott I'm back to happy. I turned off my virus and spam blockers (temporarily). I followed someone elses advice to reboot, (here is where I disabled the blockers), turned on the cricket, then go into craft room, opened my saved file,loaded the sheet and selected cut. miracle my page printed. I am hopeful now that the cricket will not be a waste of money.
Josie0602 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 2:37:13 PM(UTC)
Josie0602

United States

Was thanked: 1080 time(s) in 835 post(s)
Mine did this last week but I had not updated my E2 for a long time. I had to call PC and the talked me through doing the reset so it would update everything. I used Cricut Sync and clicked on Help and answered the questions there until it took me through the reset. From that point on, CCR worked perfectly for me
lacyloo1666d2facc Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:52:32 PM(UTC)
lacyloo1666d2facc

I have the Expression 2 machine and have been having the WORST time getting it updated. I finally got through the sync successfully and everything is up to date. Now, I cannot get past the "checking mat status" in the CCR. I just bought a digital cartridge and really want to use it but I can't! I work Mon-Fri 8-5 so it's very difficult to call support. Any other ideas on how to fix this? I've made sure all drivers are installed, everything is up to date and my connection is perfect.
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:07:49 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 190 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lacyloo1666d2facc Go to Quoted Post
I have the Expression 2 machine and have been having the WORST time getting it updated. I finally got through the sync successfully and everything is up to date. Now, I cannot get past the "checking mat status" in the CCR. I just bought a digital cartridge and really want to use it but I can't! I work Mon-Fri 8-5 so it's very difficult to call support. Any other ideas on how to fix this? I've made sure all drivers are installed, everything is up to date and my connection is perfect.

Hi Lacey,
This can happen if you have anti virus on your computer. With Some anti virus software, it see's Craft Room as a threat and cause it to freeze on the checking mat status screen. Do you have Anti Virus on your computer and if so what is the name of the AV? Customer Service can defiantly help you with adding these exception to you computer or would be happy to email them to you if they are available. Some AV company's will require that you call them directly to get these added.

Cricut Tamara
lacyloo1666d2facc Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 01, 2014 3:18:07 PM(UTC)
lacyloo1666d2facc

I do not use any sort of Anti-virus system on my computer.