Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

meghan_brearley753ae331 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 2:28:40 PM(UTC)
meghan_brearley753ae331

Groups: Registered

Hi - I appreciate any help I can get here...

I have a cricut expression which is only about a year old. When I turn it on the blade assembly goes all the way to the right and jams up. It makes a noise like it's trying to go further to the right for a few seconds, but it can't go any further. After it stops I tried to load paper, but it won't load and I can't type anything either. The machine is basically frozen. I looked up how to do the reset on the machine, but I can't move the blade assembly when the machine is on to get to the red reset button.

Anyone have any ideas? Mad

Meghan
Aden's_Nana Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 12:03:05 AM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
My Cricut create did this a couple of years ago, just as I was in the middle of making my grandsons 1st. birthday decorations. YIKES..

We called PC and they told me to turn the machine on and let it do its start up, when it jams up to reach in and pull the black band ( looks like a saw blade to me ) to the left then back to the right as far as you can. It took a couple of times doing this for it to start working correctly. I never had it do that again, I still have the machine but I don't use it now as I upgraded to an Expression.

I am not promising that this will work or that it will not damage your machine, so please don't hold it against me if it doesn't work or messes something up. If I were you I would call PC and have them listen to the machine as it starts up and let them walk you through the process.

Good luck with it and let us know what happens.

Jackie