Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

pottersclayc066e114 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 4:54:40 PM(UTC)
pottersclayc066e114

Groups: Registered

Hi

i just bought an Expressions2. All my images cut well except the Alphabet. Using cardstock it seems to work best as Medium paper. the blade depth is set at 6. i have tried every adjustment to the blade cut, but the letters seem to get gobbled up into a ball. like the 'e, 'o' are the worst.

Can you suggest things for me to try or what I am doing wrong? Everything else seems Fine.. Oh, sometimes when using a smaller piece of paper or when most some of the paper is used up, the paper won't adhere to the matt when cutting.

ThanksCrying
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 4:57:50 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 470 time(s) in 359 post(s)
Have you slowed down your speed? If you mat isn't sticky enough it wont hold the paper down.
HeidiDeming Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 8:24:07 AM(UTC)
HeidiDeming

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pottersclayc066e114 Go to Quoted Post
Hi

i just bought an Expressions2. All my images cut well except the Alphabet. Using cardstock it seems to work best as Medium paper. the blade depth is set at 6. i have tried every adjustment to the blade cut, but the letters seem to get gobbled up into a ball. like the 'e, 'o' are the worst.

Can you suggest things for me to try or what I am doing wrong? Everything else seems Fine.. Oh, sometimes when using a smaller piece of paper or when most some of the paper is used up, the paper won't adhere to the matt when cutting.

ThanksCrying

I agree with the suggestion for slowing down your speed. Also take a look at the blade housing. I have read that the direction the triangle is facing (center or just off center) can impact your cuts. You can turn the entire blade housing to face straight forward, as gauged by the location of the triange, or just off center, in the 7 o'clock position.
Also take your blade out of the housing and check it be sure it is clean. Check your mat for paper residue that the blade may be getting caught on while it's cutting.
Hope this is helpful!
CathyR Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:01:24 PM(UTC)
CathyR

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pottersclayc066e114 Go to Quoted Post
Hi

ThanksCrying

When you are cutting letters, especially small ones, using the multi cut feature really helps. Slow down the speed and lower the pressure a little bit too.
Lisa B** Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:56:01 AM(UTC)
Lisa B**

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 8 post(s)
When this happened to me, I had to clean my cutting mat.

Lisa B.**
Aden's_Nana Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 12:07:06 AM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
When my mat has lost most of its sticky I take my brayer and run it over he paper to help secure it to the mat better. That usually always works for me.

I would also raise the blade depth up to a 4 and see if that helps

Jackie