Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Imagine That... Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 8:27:49 PM(UTC)
Imagine That...

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi all;
I wanted to share my recent experience with you in the hopes that I may save someone else their hard earned money!

I purchased a cartridge for my Imagine from E-Bay recently. I felt confident in this purchase as it was a brand new, unopened product, in its original sealed packaging (you know, the type you need scissors to open and can't reseal!!). The seller had purchasd it from ProudParents, but did not open it or use it, and she indicated that she was selling it becuase she was sorting through unused scropbook supplies.

I got the cartridge, cut it open, and put it into my machine ... eager to print and cut!! But it didn't work!!! I got an error message telling me to try again, and if that didn't work, the message directed me to call ProvoCraft Customer Service.

Well, you guessed it. It didn't work. So I called, and followed the suggestion to email my concerns. So I did. And after a lot of dialogue back and forth with front line staff and finally a supervisor from ProvoCraft, here is the end result:

Debra has passed your email along to me. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, however as Debra stated, we are unable to do warranty replacement for individual eBay sellers. Our warranty is valid at the point of original purchase. This warranty is not transferable to secondary purchase, except in the case of authorized dealers. Even though it is a new cartridge, the seller will need to pursue the warranty replacement. Please contact them for assistance with that. As Debra mentioned in a previous email, there are a few authorized resellers on eBay for future reference. Taymeag 2010, craftsupplies4U, and retrato22.

We do appreciate your business and apologize that we are unable to assist you in this matter. Please have the eBay seller contact us for assistance with warranty replacement.

Sincerely,

Lisa Arnold
Customer Service Supervisor
1-877-727-4288

So please be warned, friends. ProvoCraft will not stand behind their brand new, sealed, products even with proof of legitimate purchase UNLESS they come from an authorized seller. Be careful! I wonder if Wal-mart and Michael's are authorized? I say that rather sarcastically, becuase it is very clear that the problem in my case was the cartridge itself (which had not been touched since ProvoCraft packaged it), and not the person who sold it to me.

Happy Scrapping.

Disappointed in ProvoCraft,
Marcia
 1 user thanked Imagine That... for this useful post.
BoomerKnows on 9/12/2012(UTC)
Larmabee Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 9:37:19 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Very sad indeed!
I have had just the opposite with buying a machine. I bought an original E from Wal-mart. It obviously was bought and then returned. Wal-mart knew it and so did I - I even wrangled a discount from their markdown. It was missing the blade housing and the cart. I called provocraft and told them everthing. They replaced the missing pieces, even after knowing it was bought used.
NuggetsMom Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:09:08 PM(UTC)
NuggetsMom

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 45 post(s)
provo has never been overly consistent but i think that is just down right rude that they didnt help you. I mean there are so many people NOT sending to canada anymore so when we finally get one it is nice to know that a cart is new and able to ship here. Taymeag says they ship here but i have emailed a ton of times over the last few years about shipping costs when it wasnt listed and never got a reply...so how does that help the canadians. huh. maybe i should stop buying all the carts i have recently and go back to using my silhouette more again!
GypsyRoe Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 5:01:51 PM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Was thanked: 3196 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
I can’t believe they couldn’t help you! It’s not like it was used!!! I think it’s just awful they couldn’t do anything for you! I hope you also contacted the seller to see if they could help you.

Thank you for posting, because I didn’t know that about eBay purchases.

Hope you can get it resolved, through eBay!
TycoMike Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:21:59 PM(UTC)
TycoMike

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I had Paper Doll Dress Up for almost 2 years when it suddenly stopped working. Provocraft sent me a new one at no cost. But then I got the bill for the shipping. Provocraft sent me a cartridge of my choosing, FREE. Last year I lost my keyboard overlay for Easter cartridge. Provocraft sent me a whol new Easter cartridge with the keyboard overlay. I again got dinged on the shipping. After I paid the shipping bil. Provocraft reimbursed me, then sent me a $10 voucher. I've had nothing but good things to say about Provocraft.
Al Sposeto Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:10:34 PM(UTC)
Al Sposeto

Italy

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I purchased almost all my carts from eBay, fact is ProvoCraft sells on eBay under the name taymeag2010. I've had a couple that didn't work and they replaced them no problem.
HTH
Ciao Y'all
Celticrafter Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:47:13 AM(UTC)
Celticrafter

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I'm sorry you had a problem with buying carts on Ebay. Being in small town Nova Scotia, I have bought most of mine off Ebay, usually through the seller mentioned by Provocraft - Retrato22. They are reputable with 100% feedback, provide excellent communication through emails, shipping is reasonable to Canada - US$7.25 by USPS first class international mail, and I haven't had a problem with duties.

Here is their info:
http://myworld.ebay.com/retrato22?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Hope this helps!
Sharon
aka celticrafter

http://celti-crafter.blogspot.com

Edited by user Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:53:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Celticrafter for this useful post.
Hrvatica on 10/4/2012(UTC)