Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

brian991ad52c Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:35:21 PM(UTC)
brian991ad52c

Groups: Registered

I have a cricut personal cutter and all our cartridges work up till the newer 2011 cartridges. When I put a newer one in, it just comes back with "Cartridge Comm Error! Restart the Cricut and try again" I tried that, tried flipping the cartridge around, same thing. Put an older one in, works fine, put the newer one in error..

Already exchanged one of the cartridges for another one and got the same error. Updated the firmware on the machine using design studio to version 1.34, same error.

Anyone else with a Cricut Personal Cutter (the smaller one with the 12x6 paper) having issues like this with newer 2011 cartridges? Or anyone have them working? I have tried The catridge "Happy Hauntings" which has a copyright date of 2011 and got this error. Put in the only other 2011 cartridge I have, which is "Noah's ABC Animals" and get the same error.

If I put in any of our 2010 or older cartridges, the come right up and work.

Already have a support issue in with Cricut, but was just wondering if anyone else sees the same issue, and if you don't what is your firmware version? (the version is shown when you start up the machine and it says Circut vX.X) Thanks!
Lesleyanne Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:19:11 PM(UTC)
Lesleyanne

Was thanked: 623 time(s) in 312 post(s)
I pulled out my old baby bug, and tried a couple cartridges: Out of Character, and Art Nouveau. I think those are 2012 cartridges. Anyway, both worked just fine.

What cartridges did you use?
geemommy Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:46:41 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 135 post(s)
Just used Out of Character (copyright 2012) with no problems. I've also used Damask Decor (copyright 2011) several times in the past. I hope you figure this out!
brian991ad52c Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:03:00 AM(UTC)
brian991ad52c

Originally Posted by: Lesleyanne Go to Quoted Post
I pulled out my old baby bug, and tried a couple cartridges: Out of Character, and Art Nouveau. I think those are 2012 cartridges. Anyway, both worked just fine.

What cartridges did you use?

The first one we noticed this error on was Happy Hauntings then Noah's ABC's

Can you check your version number for me when the machine starts up? I'm trying to get as much info as I can to sent to the cricut support people. It says it when you turn on the machine on the LCD display. Thanks!
brian991ad52c Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:09:41 AM(UTC)
brian991ad52c

Originally Posted by: geemommy Go to Quoted Post
Just used Out of Character (copyright 2012) with no problems. I've also used Damask Decor (copyright 2011) several times in the past. I hope you figure this out!

Maybe it is these specific cartridges that we have, they say they "contain coordinating folders for cuttlebug" also... Just looked up the cartridge online and it says "Cricut cartridges were designed for the Cricut, Cricut Create, Cricut Expression, and Cricut Imagine machines (each sold separately). This package contains 1 cartridge with the capability of 1" to 5-1/2" (Cricut), 1/4" to 11-1/2" (Cricut Create) and 1/4" to 23-1/2" (Cricut Expression)"

doesn't list cricut personal cutter at all.....

yet on the package it says works with "ALL" cricut machines...

brian991ad52c Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:53:42 PM(UTC)
brian991ad52c

Well, I gave up... Cricut support must not of cared at all, they closed my ticket as resolved and nothing was. The cartridge worked on the bigger machines, just not on the little one... so I gave in and just bought a new Expression 2 machine... which came with a whole new set of issues (Screen calibration problems, slow, odd User interface issues)... but at least all the cartridges work now.
geemommy Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:11:19 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 135 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brian991ad52c Go to Quoted Post
Maybe it is these specific cartridges that we have, they say they "contain coordinating folders for cuttlebug" also... Just looked up the cartridge online and it says "Cricut cartridges were designed for the Cricut, Cricut Create, Cricut Expression, and Cricut Imagine machines (each sold separately). This package contains 1 cartridge with the capability of 1" to 5-1/2" (Cricut), 1/4" to 11-1/2" (Cricut Create) and 1/4" to 23-1/2" (Cricut Expression)"

Sorry, I completely missed your replies last week. I also have firmware 1.34 and I'm pretty sure this Cricut machine they're referring to is the Personal aka Original. I don't have Noah's ABCs but I just bought Happy Hauntings. Plugged it in tonight, and ran a test cut (spooky font Grave1, which is the letter C)... it worked fine. I'm not sure what's wrong, but it must be specific to your machine.Confused Maybe try CS again?
jakes1182866acef1 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 11:06:48 AM(UTC)
jakes1182866acef1

I am having the same problem with the Sophisticated cartridge. (I have the Cricut Create machine.) I am getting the same error message, "cartridge comm error". I have been searching online for solutions all weekend. The Sophisticated box also says it works with all Cricut machines. If anyone has a solution, could you please share? Thank you.
Cricut Heidi Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:22:56 PM(UTC)
Cricut Heidi

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jakes1182866acef1 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem with the Sophisticated cartridge. (I have the Cricut Create machine.) I am getting the same error message, "cartridge comm error". I have been searching online for solutions all weekend. The Sophisticated box also says it works with all Cricut machines. If anyone has a solution, could you please share? Thank you.

Thank you for letting me help you with this. If your machine is completely up to date and you are getting the cartrdige comm error you need to give customer service a call. The number is 1-877-727-4288. The cartridge may need to be replaced.
nhall67f189c6 Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:20:24 AM(UTC)
nhall67f189c6

I am having the same peoblem with the Lyrical Letters Catridge.. Contacted support and they sent me a new cartridge still didn't work, worked with support and tried several different things, nothing would work, my version is V1.34 and they told me it should be V2.34, but my Cricut won't take the update. They just informed me today that ". It sounds like the machine isn’t going to work. We have done all the troubleshooting with it that would correct some of the issues. The machine may just not have enough memory to do the things we have tried. There is no repair on the machines, so at this point it would be a replacement. The warranty for this machine is not valid anymore. That would mean you would have to buy another cricut machine to use. You can buy from our websites or from a craft store in your local area."

I am not happy at all, my machine is barely 2 years old and they are telling me I'm out of luck, it isn't my fault if they sold a machine that doesn't have enough memory!
mommyto3bugs Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 1:32:50 AM(UTC)
mommyto3bugs

Netherlands

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brian991ad52c Go to Quoted Post

The way I understand it: If they just list something as "Cricut" they are referring to the original Cricut, what later came to be known as the Cricut Personal. There used to be only one machine and if you said Cricut it meant the original 6x12 machine. That's all it was- The Cricut. Then they came out with the Expression. For some time that was all you had. When I first joined the MB (2007) there was only the original and the Cricut Expression and most people called them the Baby Bug and the Expression.

Then they came out with the Cricut Create, which is a kind of hybrid of the original and the Expression. Then they came out with all the other machines like the Cake machines and then the Imagine and E2 (and quickly, it seemed, one after another) and I think once they started with all those other machines that's when it started being referred to as the Cricut Personal.

Also my understanding: With the exception of the print/pattern cartridges for the Imagine that only work with the Imagine, ALL cartridges should work with ALL machines.