Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

randyanderinc85d25de Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 9:31:18 PM(UTC)
randyanderinc85d25de

Groups: Registered

I am in the middle of a project during which my Design Studio has decided not to let me save anything. So I am trying to cut out the project I completed. First page using Stone Script & calligraphy cartridges cut just fine. 2nd page using Stone Script and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges only cuts the Stone Script and not the rest. Have reinserted the Plantin cartridge multiple times, have removed all the Stone Script from the page (leaving only Plantin font) and it won't cut anything! I've used Plantin many times in the past and have had no problems cutting with it. Have even used Plantin/Stone Script combo on same page without problems. I tried to update DS but can't without closing the program and will lose hours of work.

When I press "cut" from DS, a box flashed quickly on the computer screen and goes away, and then it doesn't proceed to cut. The cricut recognizes the USB when I press "cut" but then goes back to its default screen after the box flashes across the computer screen & goes away.

Any suggestions?

Edited by user Friday, September 14, 2012 9:33:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cricut LeAnne Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:34:30 PM(UTC)
Cricut LeAnne

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: randyanderinc85d25de Go to Quoted Post
I am in the middle of a project during which my Design Studio has decided not to let me save anything. So I am trying to cut out the project I completed. First page using Stone Script & calligraphy cartridges cut just fine. 2nd page using Stone Script and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges only cuts the Stone Script and not the rest. Have reinserted the Plantin cartridge multiple times, have removed all the Stone Script from the page (leaving only Plantin font) and it won't cut anything! I've used Plantin many times in the past and have had no problems cutting with it. Have even used Plantin/Stone Script combo on same page without problems. I tried to update DS but can't without closing the program and will lose hours of work.

When I press "cut" from DS, a box flashed quickly on the computer screen and goes away, and then it doesn't proceed to cut. The cricut recognizes the USB when I press "cut" but then goes back to its default screen after the box flashes across the computer screen & goes away.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Not quite sure what is going on. I would recommend uninstalling your Cricut Design Studio then reinstalling it again. You can use the below links to reinstall:

http://mirror.cricut.com...ontpack/CDS_10404220.exe
http://mirror.cricut.com...k/FontUpdate_V120720.exe

The first link is for the program itself and the second link is for any new cartridge updates.

If you still have issues with it please call our customer service at 877-727-4288 M-F 7am to 6pm MST.

Cricut LeAnne
JeanP Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:57:27 PM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 766 post(s)
Originally Posted by: randyanderinc85d25de Go to Quoted Post

Any suggestions?

When I try to cut, I sometimes get what you are talking about and I really don't know why but somehow communication is lost. .

I have been able to save though and then I close out DS and restart. I find my saved project and then I can cut it.

If you can't save your project, I am afraid that you will have to start over. Save every now and then when designing. I learned that lesson!!!!!

Edited by user Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:02:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified