Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

72 Pages«<6869707172>
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#2071 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 3:29:19 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Hi Girls
I have not been on here for a good while but i am wandering were you all buy your carts from for the cricut . the places that i look at seem to vary in price quite a bit and are a lot lot dearer that the us girls can get them . i have got a friends son liveing out in the us and i am debating on being cheeky and seeing if he minds getting some sent there for me and then sending them back to me or his mum . i know his dad just sent out a set of golf clubs by a corries firm and it was only about £20.00 pounds and they picked them up from there house and it was in usa 2 days later .
Gadget girl Offline
#2072 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 4:03:12 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Hi everyone
Hope all is well as can be expected.

Hi Pauline I have ordered the inks from a UK company as in my link. They arent a bad price and they do compatibles so can get even cheaper. It worked out just over £35 for both and free postage. So watch this space and hope they are the correct ones. Will report back when I get them! What support do we get?

Hi Tawny Owl
We get our carts from all different places and some cheaper than others. If you have someone in the States lucky you! If they are willing go for it! The Artiste cart is pricey but one of the ones we can get first off with CTMH reps willing to post to the UK. Create and Craft offer carts for sale and not bad prices most times. Not bought any for a while but I am sure some one else will let you know the best places to shop!

Happy Crafting

Susan xx
#2073 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 5:19:26 AM(UTC)

I am after the disney ones tinker bell and friends best of pixar and disney classics at the moment , keep getting out bid on ebay , not working so i try to stick to a top limet on ebay , did manage to get 3 birds the other day for £15 with postage but it way linked to a gyspy .
Ann Offline
#2074 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 6:59:04 AM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
Hi all,hope you are all well today.
Just collected the silhouette,have no clue what to do with it thoughLOL Any advice?
Tawny Owl,i have sent you a pm regarding cartridgesSmile
My day in Newquay went well,mum did'nt look as poorly as the last time i saw her,the lumps in her neck were not as pronounced,probably due to the radiotherapy she had,still very skinny and not eating though,i am worried she will end up being taken in hospital,while i was there,roughly 7 hours all she had to eat was a tiny bit of sausage roll,a jelly and custard pot and about a quarter of a tuna roll,not enough to keep her strong,no wonder she is so weak,i wish i was nearer so i could encourage her to try and eat more.
Anyway all,must go,the iron is calling me againThumbDown x
Ang Offline
#2075 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 4:00:28 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Hi all,
Ann would be interested to hear what you think of the new maxhine. I have craft artist and the combination are supposed to be great.Anyone got the black cat or bullet cutter? What are the like? Looking at all options at the moment as I feel the imagine is on its way out!
#2076 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:57:55 AM(UTC)

Hi ann
The silhouetteis ment to be quite good a friend has one also when i go to buy some vinyl at a shop by me they always try to sell me a craft robo that links to the computer but i am not that good on computers . they sell the big shop sized tshirt vynal cutters as well .
Shadow Offline
#2077 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:31:26 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ang Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,
Ann would be interested to hear what you think of the new maxhine. I have craft artist and the combination are supposed to be great.Anyone got the black cat or bullet cutter? What are the like? Looking at all options at the moment as I feel the imagine is on its way out!

Hi all. Ang - I have the Black Cat Cougar - the silver bullet has replaced it but the after sales service is superb and the accessories all match. Be careful if/when you buy one though - please check out Thyme Graphics - she's the only place I'd consider. Not the cheapest of machines by a long shot, but IMO, the best and sturdiest. I went for the 15" cutter bed as they didn't have the 12" one in stock.

I'm really disenchanted with PC to say the least. Still waiting for an answer to the question - IS THE IMAGINE DISCONTINUED ????? And I'm not holding my breath!

Pauline x

Ang Offline
#2078 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:36:25 AM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all
Pauline - Like you I would really like a straight answer from PC, but i doubt we will get one. I love the imagine, and i do feel it has a lot more potential than it is at present able to do, but will it ever happen? I somehow dont think so.
Thats why i am looking around, not sure if i will buy another machine or not but want to know whats out there and what is capable of what (not what they will be able to do in the future but what they can actually do). Thanks for the reply.
I went for the Imagine basically because i spend enough time at a computer in the day, i really wanted something away from it and felt the Imagine was a good idea. However, 2 years on and it still can not do what we were told it would be doing - so i doubt it ever will now.

take care all

Ang
Shadow Offline
#2079 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:55:27 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi Ang - totally agree. My main reason for buying was the fact that composite images were promised. Still not materialised. Also the fact that we could change the colour of images - but all we get is flood fill and still lose all the detail. I have also noticed that both these promises are totally ignored by PC, even though it's a promise of 2 years duration. In fact, all PC's promises have been non existent in their fruition. Have lost all faith in them EVER coming up with solutions.

Such good CS eh?

Pauline x
Gadget girl Offline
#2080 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:04:50 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hello everyone
Been trying to sell some stuff at craft fair yet again. I never learn!!BigGrin Its a nice day out anyway and usually go with my Mum so we get to meet up. I at least sold enough to make my table and had a good natter with every one.

My gripe with PC apart from all you have mentioned is the updates. I daren't up date anything as I dont know wether I will have a working machine afterwards. My gypsy has stopped talking to both my machines at the minute and I had just started to really get into it. Just not took up the courage to update it yet. Will have to do it soon as I need to do some word books for my stall next month.

If anyone has the silhouette what is the life of the blade like? My friend has got one and says they dont last long. I must admit my Cricut blades have really lasted well and the mats arent bad now I know to use tape and glue etc.

Happy crafting.

Susan

Ann Offline
#2081 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:50:28 PM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,just a quick visit as it's nearly time for bed.
I hav'nt had chance to try the silhouette out yet,need to have time to play so probably be the weekend,i love what it can do,have been looking at videos and am feeling inspired but i am not very good on the computer so not sure how i will get on with it.
I am enjoying using my pink expression,the imagine is being a paperweight now,hopefully i can sell it soon but i think it will be difficult what with the rumours of it being discontinued,who will want a machine that might be phased out,no new carts etc?! I still live in hopes.
Anyway all,i'm really tired so i shall say goodnightSleep
#2082 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:50:20 PM(UTC)

Hi Girls
I managed to get 1 cartridge yesterday that i wanted it was not the checpest but cheaper that everyone else and brand new . I had to speak to the lady at the shop and asked about paying as it would not go through the computer so asked about the image and she said that as far as she knows they were stoping them also stopping the gyspy . not sure how right she was but there seem to be a hell of a lot of cricut gyspys on ebay reciently and a lot of linked carts being sold seperate from the gyspys .
Ann Offline
#2083 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:10:22 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi Tawny Owl,i hope your information is wrong especially regarding the gypsy,i have had mine since launch and love it,combined with the expression is all i need really.Ebay always seem to have them for sale,also linked cartridges so i would'nt take too much notice of that.
I dont understand why PC are being so cagey about it all,we deserve to know surely after all the money we have invested in the company.
Glad you managed to get one of the carts you wantedThumpUp
I am not going to school today,feeling a bit rough,shaky and cold,hope i'm not coming down with something,probably just low imune system,not surprising.
Got to make some lunch so will say bye for now.
Take Care allSmile
Gadget girl Offline
#2084 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:51:51 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya all
Just received the ink carts and though I havent put them in Imagine they look identical. Will try them tomorrow. Same green colour and all. Susan
Ann Offline
#2085 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:10:53 PM(UTC)
Ann

Evening allSmile Hope you had a good day.
I have been sorting more stuff for sale today,hoping to do a car boot on sunday.
Still not used the silhouette,have watched the dvd and read through the manual several times but that's all,even has the download card with it,never used, so i can get some more designs when i'm up and runningThumpUp,a real bargain and it's in immaculate condition,looks new.
I am feeling better than this morning but am in need of food,hav'nt felt like much all day.
Hope you are all well.
Take Care
#2086 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:44:26 PM(UTC)

Hi Ann
If i want to check out something new i fancy or look at something i look on you tube to see what others have done with the item . i have spent most of today making my youngest sons birthday cake he wanted a mario donky kong cake so was making the monkey today, got to ice the rest tommrow .
ElizabethSmith Offline
#2087 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:56:16 AM(UTC)
ElizabethSmith

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Good morning everyone, not been on for a little while think I have less days in the week than anyone else!! had mum and dad down for a week last week which was lovely but I was starting to get sick by the end of the week and then ended up having sunday and monday in bed or most of it was in a sleep induced haze alternating between the bed and the settee!! not sure what it was not a full blown cold but sinus's etc all in the head hurt a lot, the cold is coming out now but very slowly and I am up and dressed but not quite with it, quite nice actually I can block the real world out!!!
once I've got the ironing out the way I am hoping to sweep the dust off my cricuts and have a play!! I still like mine must admit but haven't updated anything for at least 18 months maybe more they all do what I want so dont want to break them!!
Hope you are all well, Pauline have a lovely holiday as I think you are off soon, Susan you still playing with the Heidi Swapp things?
ElizabethSmith Offline
#2088 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:07:30 AM(UTC)
ElizabethSmith

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 71 post(s)
anyone got the mini books cartridge quite like the look of that one, but my worry is that it is like the wild cards one where the envelope were a real faff to fit the cards.
Ann Offline
#2089 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:54:20 AM(UTC)
Ann

Morning all,lovely to see you back with us Elizabeth,sorry you are not so well,hope you feel better soonWub
I really like the mini books cart too,not sure i would really use it that much so have held off buying it,i have the creative pages spellbinders dies and have never used them so dont think i am going to get the cricut cart,i expect it's possible to do little books on the gypsy too!
I am loving my cameo now,not used it to cut yet but i installed the silhouette studio software last night and have been having a play with it,looks easy to use,better than when i had the robo,cant wait til i have more time to have a proper go,will be saturday evening when i have the house to myself no doubt.I still love my cricut machines but hav'nt touched the imagine for a while,still trying to sell it,love my expression though and have occasionally used the slice,nice little machine if i cant be bothered to set up the cricut.
Must go for now anyway,have to go to work soonThumbDown
Gadget girl Offline
#2090 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:20:41 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya all
Just my input on the books. I had a quick look at the Mini book carts but wasnt impressed. Its nothing you cant do on the gypsy and there are a few nice books on the Artiste Cart which are very easy to do and can get a nice size too.

On another note I am still having problems updating my gypsy and its not recognising any of my machines. I had a look at the other machine but that doesnt do chipboard they say so really need my gypsy to work! Typical its always when you need them then they never work.

Happy Craftin
Susan
#2091 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:01:26 AM(UTC)

Hi All
The cart i ordered 2 days ago arived this morning cant wait to have a go with it but i have to finish son cake first it is ending up way bigger thani thought
Gadget girl Offline
#2092 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 12:42:30 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya all
First day back at college went ok. Lots more work this year though as its my final year.

Just noticed a new shopping site for Cricut that ships internationally too! Cricut & More.

Hope you all had a good day!

Susan
Ang Offline
#2093 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 1:08:40 PM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all
Susan - is it me or does the Cricut & More site look a bit like the Cricut website? Had a look around but they dont seem to have anything other than mats for the Imagine. But did see that 1 cartridge to UK is just over $11 - which i dont think is too bad.

Tawnyowel - I love it when a new cart arrives, its always so full of new things to explore.

Ann - Hope your mom is ok - its not an easy time

Beth - nice to see you back

take care everyone

Ang
Gadget girl Offline
#2094 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 1:24:09 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi Ang
Its the old "All things Cricut" site apparently. That seems good postage and not too bad prices. I dont like that the free gifts are limited, they should offer International buyers free on their first order! Though not really bothered about the books!BigGrin

Hi Beth I am still playing with my Heidi Swapp stuff her online tutorials were brilliant. Margaret is doing the Megan Elizabeth ones I think which kick off today sometime and carry on for the weekend. Loads of prizes too. [img=http://www.aboverubiesstudio.com/]Cropped.[/img] Hope you are feeling better now. My son & Mum have been down with the dreaded lurgy, I am ok so far, touch wood!!

Love happy parcels!

Susan

#2095 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 2:00:39 PM(UTC)

Hi Gaget girl
I just checked out hte web site you mentioned in the post above , I thought i would see what the shipping was like as that is were we get hit but it seemed quite fair normal international £6.80 and prioty int was £30.18 so as long as you use just the normal international it does not work out much more than whatsome people are charging on ebay to have some carts posted .
Shadow Offline
#2096 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 1:36:28 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Morning all Cool A lovely day here today so can get final washing done.

Thanks Susan for the link - I've saved it. Pretty good prices and postage too BigGrin

Well - wadda you know - my eye started hurting yesterday and this morning have woke up with a gigantic stye on my eye! Wonderful. And this is me who doesn't get styes EVER !!! It's got two days and then I'll get rid. Should be OK by Monday with luck. They do say it's a sign of being run down - why not, I've got everything else LOL LOL

Hope your Mum's feeling a bit better Ann. Thinking of you all.

Anyway, better go and put washing out before it rains

Pauline x
Ann Offline
#2097 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:13:06 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,hope you are good today.
Pauline,sorry to hear you have a stye,they can be very sore and irritating,hav'nt had one for a while but used to get them a lot,hope it clears up soon.Are you away on your travels again soon?,if so,i hope you have a great time.
I have discovered a good crafty selling site on facebook called Crafty Sellers,any of you wanting to sell some things should check it out.I only put photos on 2 days ago and have made around £150 so far!,well worth it,Graham has done most of the work,i just parcel stuff up and ship it outThumpUp
We are debating about doing a car boot tomorrow,dont feel like getting up at 6am but realisticly how many more are we going to get in this year,we have beautiful weather here today.
I have been asked by my daughter if i will make a birthday card for her boyfriends mum's birthday on monday so need to get that done tonight really,i'm thinking florals,cant go wrong with them!,also need to make cards for tuesday,my eldest grandaughter will be 9!,where the years have gone i really dont know.Also hoping to have a play with my new toy,i'm so pleased i bought it,hope it cuts ok though as i have been reading that a lot of people have had problems with the new style blade and are having to buy the old style one with the different coloured tips which apparently work better,i hated them when i had the robo as they were forever falling off the little posts that they were housed on and i found them on the floor more than once.Anyone had a problem with the new housing? Cant remember who has a silhouette cameo? I think Esther has one.
Anyway all,must go and make something to eat for Graham & me.
Take Care x
Ang Offline
#2098 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 4:28:08 AM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all, What a horrible Sunday weather it is. Rain, windy and really wet! Hope some of you have it dry at least.
Ann - did you decide to do a Carboot? If you have the same weather as us i somehow doubt it!
Pauline - Sty's can be very painful, hopefully yours clears up quickly for your holidays.

I just found out that our son has an inset day on Friday, they have only just been back 3 weeks!! Crazy or what!

Anyway, busy today until about 3pm then hopefully nothing much until tomorrow, so i am hoping to make headways into my Christmas Cards - i purchased the Strawberry kisses Christmas Stamps - they are really cute, so thought i would start with them. But i am going to cut out the cards & print the backgrounds using the imagine. Well thats the plan anyway.

Take care all

Ang
#2099 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 3:58:13 AM(UTC)

Hi Girls just looking around on the site and found the the image is distontinuedou all need to read the post from someone called luv my cricut will find out on wich post for you all . dont know how to attach what sdhe has trped on here .
MargaretHillman Offline
#2100 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 6:32:08 AM(UTC)
MargaretHillman

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Hello evryone
Well what a weekend I took part in the Megan Elizabeth challenge. 2:30 to bed on Friday and Saturday and 11:30 Yesterday. TIRED You can bet on that !!! Lots of interesting chat. Fistly Megan said that the Imagine is being discontinued at the present but they may bring it back again; so that is what everyone had thought. Gypsy- Cricut are still selling it but there is definitely a chance that it might be discontinued sometime fairly soon. No one kmows if something else is coming from them. So get your Gypsy sorted out as soon as possible. Ring rhem up and have a chat.
Lots of chat from the people. Great fun 5 challenges. I won a prize of a carrier bag of goodies.