Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
geemommy Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:19:31 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 135 post(s)
Laugh We aren't exactly the chattiest group, are we?!
Larmabee Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:15:31 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I finished one cut this weekend. I think you guys will be happy with it, I am!
 1 user thanked Larmabee for this useful post.
geemommy on 9/26/2012(UTC)
Image queen Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:21:25 PM(UTC)
Image queen

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 225 post(s)
I finished my cuts yesterday on my Imagine. One of the Santa's turned out violet so I changed my ink cartridges. The Santa's then looked like they were anemic so I grabbed my Copics and deepened the colours.
A quick fix but I now have to delve into why the colours were not true.
Today I assembled all of the layers and tomorrow will be the fun stuff of glitter.
Yes I am having fun.
 1 user thanked Image queen for this useful post.
geemommy on 9/26/2012(UTC)
geemommy Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:15:09 AM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Image queen - I'm sorry to hear things aren't going smoothly... that's so frustrating! You sure are on top of things though! Almost done! BigGrin
DugsPookie Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:35:25 AM(UTC)
DugsPookie

Canada

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 323 post(s)
LOL wow i am so terrible...i finally have been able to upload the teddy bear cart on my gypsy now...so will lay it out and get it all done this weekend i hope =) and pick up sandwich bags too =)

Image queen....that sux that the machine is acting funny...hopefully it's just a reset or something quick to fix your machine...
can't wait to see it...sounds like we are in for a treat...

Cheers!
NLGirl Offline
#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:19:01 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Wow look at you guys goBigGrin BigGrin I haven't started mine yet but I'm anxious to get started and hope to this weekend.
We have a nice variety going here and I'm excited to be involved.
Image Queen I hope you got your Imagine to cooperate since they can be sensitive. Well hopefully I'll have something to report this weekendFlapper
I'm also dog sitting our little grand-dog while the kids honeymoon.BigGrin BigGrin
Keep in touch, Kathy
DugsPookie Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:48:36 PM(UTC)
DugsPookie

Canada

Originally Posted by: NLGirl Go to Quoted Post
Wow look at you guys goBigGrin BigGrin I haven't started mine yet but I'm anxious to get started and hope to this weekend.
We have a nice variety going here and I'm excited to be involved.
Image Queen I hope you got your Imagine to cooperate since they can be sensitive. Well hopefully I'll have something to report this weekendFlapper
I'm also dog sitting our little grand-dog while the kids honeymoon.BigGrin BigGrin
Keep in touch, Kathy

LOL ooo Kathy...so do you spoil grand-dog with treats? new clothes? LOL does pupster tell you that you are the bestest grandma in the whole wide world? hahaha it's so awesome. NO worries on not starting...i have great plans to start this weekend....so we will do it together this weekend LOL LOL LOL
Alice
geemommy Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:15:47 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

When I re-read my last post, I think I was misleading... *I* am not almost done... haven't even started... haven't even chosen my last cut in fact!...

I am mailing off 10 cards for a swap in the morning, I have 3 sets of card + tag + matching gift bag that need to go out by Monday. And then I have to get studying. My final exam in BioPsych is on the 16th. And I still have to write my term paper. Oh, and I have a 2 year old and a 7 month old baby at home. Yikes! Scared Why do I do this to myself?! RollEyes I've always thrived under pressure and deadlines, but kids sure throw a wrench into a schedule! Laugh

NLGirl - I want to see a wedding pic or two! If you're comfortable sharing online, that is. I hope it was everything they wanted. I was actually at a wedding this past weekend too. The weather was amazing and the bride was beautiful. So much fun! And the best part was that my parents met us (the wedding was held halfway between the cities where we each live) and I got to leave the kiddos behind for an evening! Woot
NLGirl Offline
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:09:30 AM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

GeeMommy - you must work good under pressure and deadlines because you sure do have your hands full. I'll see what I can do about a wedding picture.

DugsPookie - first I want to thank you for your email with the CTMH info, I haven't been able to write because Milo's keeping me so busy, he's a curious doggie that's for sure and he just has to be around people.
He's a city dog so he's liking vacationing in NewfoundlandLOL LOL oh to answer your questions yes yes and yes LOL LOL ] he is getting spoiled.
DugsPookie Offline
#40 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 6:15:47 AM(UTC)
DugsPookie

Canada

Originally Posted by: NLGirl Go to Quoted Post
DugsPookie - first I want to thank you for your email with the CTMH info, I haven't been able to write because Milo's keeping me so busy, he's a curious doggie that's for sure and he just has to be around people.
He's a city dog so he's liking vacationing in NewfoundlandLOL LOL oh to answer your questions yes yes and yes LOL LOL ] he is getting spoiled.

LOL yes then you qualify as a good puppy-sitter
LOL
Larmabee Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 8:35:07 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

I haven't gotten any more done! I really need to get on it. I am a get things done ahead of time kind of person. I really have to get on it, or else I'll be worrying about it! I think I need one more day a week. I will call it Scrapday - it will be a day of rest and scrapping - no work allowed! LOL
geemommy Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:32:51 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Originally Posted by: Larmabee Go to Quoted Post
I haven't gotten any more done! I really need to get on it. I am a get things done ahead of time kind of person. I really have to get on it, or else I'll be worrying about it! I think I need one more day a week. I will call it Scrapday - it will be a day of rest and scrapping - no work allowed! LOL

I like Scrapday... maybe we should petition the government! BigGrin And I wish I was a "get done things ahead of time kind of person". I really live off the adrenaline of being rushed... RollEyes But I've always been that way... much to my mom's frustration probably!
 1 user thanked geemommy for this useful post.
NLGirl on 10/1/2012(UTC)
geemommy Offline
#43 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:36:19 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Alice, I actually have a question about a CTMH product... I think the mini medley accents slate collection in so cute. But, do you have any suggestions of how/where to use the pins? I can't picture where I would use those...
DugsPookie Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 8:06:27 AM(UTC)
DugsPookie

Canada

Originally Posted by: geemommy Go to Quoted Post
Alice, I actually have a question about a CTMH product... I think the mini medley accents slate collection in so cute. But, do you have any suggestions of how/where to use the pins? I can't picture where I would use those...

Hell0 BigGrin
Pm me your e mail address and i can send you examples and point you in the right direction...they are really easy and cute to use BigGrin
 1 user thanked DugsPookie for this useful post.
geemommy on 10/2/2012(UTC)
Larmabee Offline
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 8:17:06 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Good evening Ladies!
I have completed cut #2 - 1 more to go! Things are getting busy for Thanksgiving. I am taking my create to school tomorrow. I want to make some Thanksgiving cards with one of my Spec Ed girls. We'll see how it goes!
Have a great week! Looking forward to our next check in!
Luv ya
Laura
DugsPookie Offline
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:23:14 PM(UTC)
DugsPookie

Canada

i am hoping to have some time to work on my items too this weekend...i have 5 naked bears on my craft desk right now
hahahahaLOL LOL
NLGirl Offline
#47 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 3:59:37 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

Hi Ladies, how ya all doing? I'm looking forward to next check in. I have group 1 & 2 completed and now I'm working on group 3 the Happy New Year one.
Group 3 is giving me some trouble thought, wouldn't you just know it, the one cut I figured would be a breeze is turning out to be the toughest Mad
Even cutting it at the large size to meet regulation cut of 5 inches, it's still to fine and tears when I try to remove it from my mat. I've tried different papers and nothing is working.
If I can't get it to work out I may have to ask GeeMommy if I can replace that cut with another cut for New Years.

My Grand-Dog goes home tomorrow, I sure will miss him but I'm sure he will be happy to get back to his home with his Mom & Dad. He saw a cat through the living room window today and started to whine, I felt bad for him because I figured he was thinking it was his sisterBigGrin BigGrin my son & DIL also have a cat that Milo loves.BigGrin BigGrin

Happy Early Thanksgiving! See you at next check in. Kathy
Image queen Offline
#48 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 5:44:48 PM(UTC)
Image queen

Hi everyone,
I have finished my Santa figures and have them ready to mail.
I am working on some juvenile cards and then I plan to get cracking on my ChristmasLOL LOL cards.
We had Thanksgiving diner today and we ordered in Chinese food. I know I know you can't beat Turkey or Ham but I only have my Daughter, her husband and their two children in town. My other two children are far away from home. One is in Banff, Alberta he and his new fiance are Chefs and are working in a high end Restaurant. My other Daughter is in Holland. She followed her heart to Europe and since she is now working I don't think she will be returning to Canada very soon.
I am very tired after looking after my Grand daughter. She is so funny but very active. It's nice to have the apartment quiet again.
Take care and have a happy Thanksgiving.
javascript:insertsmiley('LOL%20','/forum/Images/Emoticons/cr_lol.gif')
geemommy Offline
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 7:54:44 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

NLGirl - I'll update the list with your new cuts.

DugsPookie - NAKED bears?! Yikes! Cover those things up! Laugh

Image Queen - Which restaurant in Banff? We go out that way a few times a year. I love Banff, I just wish we were a little closer. I lived in Calgary for a few years, that was great. Closer to the mountains and also to my family. But my husband's family is all here in Edmonton, so I think I'm stuck here for the long haul! Laugh That must be hard though, to have your kids so spread out. Mine are only babies and I dread the day they'll try to leave! I've added a pic of them, just for fun.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!
geemommy attached the following image(s):
IMGP3842.jpg
geemommy Offline
#50 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:07:23 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

So, I just realised that I had never posted my 2 other cuts. Blushing Sorry guys! They will be presents from Christmas Cheer and 2013 from Mickey Font. I had bought paper for this a while ago, I hope it cuts well! It'll add some "bling" to any project. BigGrin
Image queen Offline
#51 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 1:45:58 AM(UTC)
Image queen

Originally Posted by: geemommy Go to Quoted Post
NLGirl - I'll update the list with your new cuts.

DugsPookie - NAKED bears?! Yikes! Cover those things up! Laugh

Image Queen - Which restaurant in Banff? We go out that way a few times a year. I love Banff, I just wish we were a little closer. I lived in Calgary for a few years, that was great. Closer to the mountains and also to my family. But my husband's family is all here in Edmonton, so I think I'm stuck here for the long haul! Laugh That must be hard though, to have your kids so spread out. Mine are only babies and I dread the day they'll try to leave! I've added a pic of them, just for fun.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Hi Geemommy,
Your little ones look divine and are about the same ages as my Granddaughters.
My son's restaurant is the Bison Bistro. I had several fantastic meals, including their smoked ribs.
I am enjoying the Thanksgiving weekend and my husband finally turned on the furnace, it got down to 7 degrees here and I am toasty warm in my craft room.
I adopted two little dogs a week ago. Their previous owner did not have the time for them and so far (touch wood) they are wonderful companions.
I am not working anymore due to rheumatoid arthritis so these pets help keep me moving which is what the Dr. ordered.
Have a great long weekend.
regards,
Jean Thomson
Image queen attached the following image(s):
DSC_3632.jpg
Carrothers camille merida (d).jpg
Heidi 10 wks smile.jpg
Jean, Cara, Heidi and Camille.jpg.jpg
geemommy Offline
#52 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 9:58:58 AM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Originally Posted by: Image queen Go to Quoted Post
Hi Geemommy,
Your little ones look divine and are about the same ages as my Granddaughters.
My son's restaurant is the Bison Bistro. I had several fantastic meals, including their smoked ribs.
I am enjoying the Thanksgiving weekend and my husband finally turned on the furnace, it got down to 7 degrees here and I am toasty warm in my craft room.
I adopted two little dogs a week ago. Their previous owner did not have the time for them and so far (touch wood) they are wonderful companions.
I am not working anymore due to rheumatoid arthritis so these pets help keep me moving which is what the Dr. ordered.
Have a great long weekend.
regards,
Jean Thomson

I've been past there lots of times, but haven't yet eaten there. I'll have to try it next time we're in town!BigGrin That town has so many fun places to eat, it's overwhelming!

They're adorable dogs! Do your granddaughters just love them? My 2 year old is quite scared of dogs, ever since a friend's pitbull licked her... And your granddaughters are so sweet! They do look about the same ages as mine! I love the older one in the dress, she looks like she's full of energy! Keeps her mommy busy, I bet!Laugh Is the younger one moving yet? My son is 7 1/2 months and, while not crawling yet, is rolling & scooting around the room and under the furniture. If I leave him for even a minute, he's into everything! It's so much easier when they just lay still! Laugh

Oh, RA is so tough. I bet the craft room feels better when it's toasty warm! Cold is rough on the joints. I actually turned our furnace on a few weeks ago. I hate being cold! We should move Canada some place warmer! Maybe global warming isn't all bad... Flapper
NLGirl Offline
#53 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 2:22:52 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

GeeMommy, your little darlings are adorable. Treasure every moment with them because they grow up way to fast.Crying

ImageQueen, you have a darling bunch of Grand KiddiesBigGrin Adorable doggies too, I commend you for adopting the little darlings. Thy look like they're settled right inBigGrin
I was dog sitting my son & DIL's doggie for two weeks and now I miss him terribly, I've found a scattered toy lying around so that made me sad to see.
Continue to enjoy the important things in life.
Looking forward to check in tomorrow. I'm off to do the supper dishes now and then plan to make Halloween cards for my sons.
NLGirl Offline
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:37:10 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

Here goes, I'm gonna see if I can remember how to post pic'sBigGrin

Wow! I got the pic's up. Isn't this cute how the little flower girl passed the bride a tissue at random when she saw her crying.Too cute.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:41:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NLGirl attached the following image(s):
church3.jpg
pic1.jpg
church2.jpg
NLGirl Offline
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:43:41 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

More wedding pic's.
bride & Bridesmaids.jpg
Groom with groomsmen.jpg
aimg_9582.jpg
NLGirl Offline
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:51:37 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

A couple more and I'll leave ya aloneBigGrin BigGrin

Here's a pic of a custom built Ball & Chain that my husband built completely from scratch, he had to machine parts on the lathe, as well as weld allot. It was meant to be both a gag and especially a wedding memento.

The second pic is our darling Grand-Dog Milo.
Ball & Chain.jpg
milo with stick.jpg
Larmabee Offline
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 4:16:40 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Great pictures NL! I love the one of the flower girl and the tissue. How sweet is that!
I am still on 2 cuts done. I keep changing my mind for the colours on the third.
Crazy week coming up! So this is my check in.
School conference Tues-Thurs. School inservice Friday. Both mean extra time for me. DH boss is coming in tomorrow, probably will want to do a house inspection (we live in company housing). The house isn't dirty, but we do lean towards the lived in look! Makes me even more nervous not being here when he is. He isn't checking on my housekeeping, I know it is more about repairs that need to be done.
Thanksgiving was awesome. The smallest turkey we found was 12 lbs. There were only 3 of us this year. More than half the meal went to leftovers! Good thing we like turkey pot pie!
Take care all
Laura
 1 user thanked Larmabee for this useful post.
geemommy on 10/9/2012(UTC)
geemommy Offline
#58 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:49:57 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

NLGirl - I love the pictures! That flower girl sure has a cute pose going on in the group shot too. BigGrin And the ball & chain were amazing, very talented. Thanks for sharing those.

Larmabee - things always happen all at once, don't they?! Good luck getting through the week. As for turkey, I can't remember the exact story, but for some reason my uncle is given a turkey every other year at Christmas by the Hutterite colony near his farm. He always brings it to my mom's house, because we always host Christmas dinner for that side of the family. One year, my mom told him to ask for a small one, and when it came, it was 27 pounds. They swear it was the smallest one they had! Laugh But, um, turkey pot pie?... That sounds delicious. Why have I never done that?? Mine's all gone to soup, but I'll have to remember for next time!
geemommy Offline
#59 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:50:12 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

I PM'd my address to everyone tonight. If you didn't get it, please let me know!
NLGirl Offline
#60 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:33:49 AM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

Larmabee - yes good luck getting threw the week, I agree with GeeMommy things always happen at once it seems. I'm with you I too like a house that's lived inBigGrin mine is lived in but I could never have dirtBigGrin by lived in I mean things like magazines, ect can be left out and don't have to be put away right after use. You should see my coffee table in the living roomBigGrin it has stacks of flyers, tool catalogues, electronics manuals, ect but I don't dare move it or throw anything out BigGrin DH refers to it as his office.
I never considered turkey pot pie before, I'll have to search for a recipe. Thanks the flower girl pic is amazing for sure.

GeeMommy - got your mailing address, thank-you. My cuts are all done and are ready to be mailed, I'm thinking I can get them in the mail
Tomorrow as soon as I get envelopes today.

Have a good day everyone. Kathy
 1 user thanked NLGirl for this useful post.
geemommy on 10/10/2012(UTC)