Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

shirah.ashley3bb572ea Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 1:26:17 PM(UTC)
shirah.ashley3bb572ea

Groups: Registered

My E2 is less than a year old and sadly hasn't gotten much use since I bought it. I moved into a new home and finally have a crafting space so anxiously turned it on today. When it powers on, all the lights come on and stay on, the rollers move, and the cricut anniversary edition logo shows on the screen....and that's it. It does nothing else. I tried the 3 button reset option without any luck. I also tried connecting to cricut sync and it acts like the cricut is not connected to the computer or is turned off. HELP!!!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 1:34:01 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7868 time(s) in 3682 post(s)
As it's still under warranty I would be calling PC on Monday. Hopefully they can get it up and running again for you.
CatherineDerouche Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 1:56:21 PM(UTC)
CatherineDerouche

I got my Cricut E2 last october, I turned my cricut on this afternoon and it did the same thing...powers on, rollers roll, then it stops and the screen says criut expression2 and there it stays. Just got my machine back from provo craft, they did an update:(
Cricut LeAnne Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 2:02:45 PM(UTC)
Cricut LeAnne

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shirah.ashley3bb572ea Go to Quoted Post
My E2 is less than a year old and sadly hasn't gotten much use since I bought it. I moved into a new home and finally have a crafting space so anxiously turned it on today. When it powers on, all the lights come on and stay on, the rollers move, and the cricut anniversary edition logo shows on the screen....and that's it. It does nothing else. I tried the 3 button reset option without any luck. I also tried connecting to cricut sync and it acts like the cricut is not connected to the computer or is turned off. HELP!!!

It looks like we need to run a format and restore on your machine.

1. Connect your E2 to the computer and open the Cricut Sync.
2. If updates are available choose Don’t Update Now
3. Go to the help menu and choose Expression 2 troublshooter and answer Yes, No, No, No, Yes to the questions asked.
4. You will need to restart your Expression 2 in Recovery mode when prompted.
5. To do this, turn the Expression 2 off then press and hold the Home, Pause and Power buttons until the machine turns on and arrives at a blue screen
6. The format and restore will go through a series of steps. Once completed it will have you run the available updates.

Let us know if you have any further problems.
 2 users thanked Cricut LeAnne for this useful post.
lm8910540fcfc8 on 3/8/2014(UTC), sandervil9d66652e on 3/15/2014(UTC)
shirah.ashley3bb572ea Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:29:26 AM(UTC)
shirah.ashley3bb572ea

When I hook the machine up and go to Cricut Sync it says the Cricut is either not turned on or not hooked to the computer.
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:32:43 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Please try another USB cable, also try another port on your computer. The ports in the back of your PC are usually the most reliable. If the Expression 2 does not connect try this:

1. Turn off your Expression 2 and connect to the computer then open the Cricut Sync.
2. If updates are available choose Don’t Update Now
3. Go to the help menu and choose Expression 2 troublshooter and answer Yes, No, No, No, Yes to the questions asked.
4. You will need to restart your Expression 2 in Recovery mode when prompted.
5. To do this, turn the Expression 2 off then press and hold the Home, Pause and Power buttons until the machine turns on and arrives at a blue screen. (Instructions will be shown on the computer screen)
6. The format and restore will go through a series of steps. Once completed it will have you run the available updates.

This should fix the issue you are experiencing, if not please call our Customer Service at 877-7cricut. Our hours are 7-6 MST Monday through Friday. We will be happy to assist you!
-PCGena
JenniferHawkins2 Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 11:18:08 PM(UTC)
JenniferHawkins2

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 1084 time(s) in 733 post(s)
I am so glad I came here to check after my E2 was frozen tonight. Thank you so much Gena! The restore worked for me - I was so worried!Scared
veryimportantdoctor8cafe335 Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:18:17 PM(UTC)
veryimportantdoctor8cafe335

I did the above steps as I have had my E2 for just under a year and have gotten to use it just 3 times since then. When the E2 went into recovery mode, it got hung up on "waiting for restore mode"....FOR 8 HOURS! Now I can't get my E2 out of restore mode, can't get the computer to recognize the cricut. This is seriously the worst investment I've made between the amount of money on the machine and cartridges i bought plus the innumerable hours I've spent rebooting, turning it on and off, plugging and unplugging to get it work all of 3 times. I'm the idiot for not reading all these posts BEFORE I spent money with ProvoCraft. The complaints go back years and the same crap is still happening? Now i get to spend another hour on hold to be put on a wild goose chase of antivirus, firewall nonsense that I've already gone through.