Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
AcrossThePond Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 2:15:14 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hi to one and all.
Well it is my turn to host again (boy it comes round fast)and this time I have only one sketch for you to follow along with two other challenges. The sketch is a lovely one from Mojo Monday's blog.[img]null[/img]

The next challenge is one of those "pick any three".

Row one....Snow Flake or Star.../ A Rub-On..../ Patter Paper...

Row Two....A Button..../ Bling of any Type..../ Boarder Punch...

Row Three...Ready Made Topper.../ Ribbon or Lace.../ A Flower...

You can go down a line or across a row or even if you fancy horizontally. (sorry tried to get this n a chart but couldn't work it outBlushing but you know what I am saying)

The third challenge will be a challenge for a few of usWink you know who you are. Look at your Cricut Cartridges and choose either your least favorite or the first cartridge you bought after you picked up your Cricut machine. Then choose a cut or two that you can't remember using before and see what you can do with it. Now this can be made into a card or a layout or even a lovely home decor item. Lets really get our thinking caps on, take our time and come up with something good.

Looking forward to this week again, lets see if we can make page 5.

Sue

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 2:22:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/3/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 10/3/2012(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 10/3/2012(UTC), cstanzione on 10/3/2012(UTC), SHELBYWOO on 10/4/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 2:25:52 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

NanaDonna - I know you have already made one for this weeks Mojo so now you will need to do anotherLOL . I know you won't mind.

Sue
SandyPalmer Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:27:40 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Wahoo, first to comment! You ladies who sleep in, lol!

Sue, thanks for hosting! Everything looks good! This challenge really does give us the freedom to come up with something on our own doesn't it! Nice change up!
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/3/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:59:26 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Good morning everyone! I just dropped off the first child at school... getting ready to wake up the other two Glare... then off I go to take them to school too!

Ooooh oooh oooh... I like the Mojo Monday sketch and all the goodies for extras. Thanks Sue! That Tic-Tac-Toe really gives me a chance to use up stuff that's been hanging around far too long in my bins

I'm going to wait until Dee posts up the Ad colors before I even attempt to tackle the challenge

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:00:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... added Mojo Monday's link

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/3/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:02:27 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond wrote:
NanaDonna - I know you have already made one for this weeks Mojo so now you will need to do anotherLOL . I know you won't mind.

Sue

Hee heee... come re-post your card here anyway, Donna!

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:05:32 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

OH MY! I just checked Mojo Monday and they already have 108 entries! I realized that it's also the first sketch for October so they actually have prizes to give out... what a great timing to use this sketch for this week!

I might do a couple of crafts then with that sketch since you can enter as many times as you want... who knows, I might get a random drawing and win something BigGrin
DeeScraps Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:43:50 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 741 time(s) in 572 post(s)
Good morning.....Looks like we have a very "interesting" challenge this week. It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.

Here's this week's colors:

[img=http://][/img]
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/3/2012(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:08:19 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Dee, I have been having Christmas on my mind as you will see in one minute! These colors shout snow to me! BigGrin I will just have to make a card using the ad colors this week! Thanks for choosing these colors!

Ok, I still have the changing things around a bit mode, and for some reason I just couldn't fit in the one strip! I could kick myself for not embossing the brown circle! Sad Where was Lydia's inspiration of embossing when I needed it, lol!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:10:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Picture wouldn't come up!

SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
0030301.jpg
SandyPalmer Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:13:30 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Sorry Dee, I tried uploading it from photobucket, but the picture wouldn't show up for some reason! Sad I know you have had troubles in the past trying to make the images show up bigger! I did try!
AcrossThePond Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:16:05 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Good Morning early birds.
I have just had my lunch so decided to put the first card up I made yesterday. I used the horizontal topper,bling and patern paper group. It is just a 5x5 card using a topper which has some pyrimarge on it, the snow is glittered also foiled around the sceen along with a silver peel off stip through the centre.
Thanks for looking.

Sue.

Thanks Dee for the ad colours, think I may have ticked that box tooBigGrin .

[img]null[/img]
AcrossThePond Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:19:49 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Sandy - Wonderful card. You have so much going on I don't know where to look first. This is a sock knocker offer cardBigGrin . It would go on my fireplace for sure.

Sue.
Joyful Carol Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:20:46 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
When I saw NanaDonna's Mojo Monday card posted yesterday I thought, "What I nice sketch! I would like to try one of those." Thanks for giving me a good reason to tackle that. I am waiting to see what others do with Challenge #2 for I am confused as to what it actually means. I am simple and need a picture I guess. LOL I need to get off of here and finish my window extra credit card from last week. I also need to go look at my cartridges and see if I can remember which one I bought first or which one I like least. Confused Such decisions!! That is kind of like picking out paper!! I was so happy to read from others that they can spend hours just picking out paper! That is so me--always second guessing myself. When my husband is looking at me like,"Did you really need to buy more paper or tool or ribbon or whatever", I have decided that I am going to show him those pictures of NanaDonna's craft room and he will think that I am not such a bad addict....I mean fanatic! Awesome--awesome! If you lived closer to me I might have to come shopping!!! LOL May everyone have a lovely week crafting! I will try to post my "recipe" for my cake I made for my explosion box this week. But I really need to get that window card done for my sister's birthday next week!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:23:40 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Wow! Gorgeous cards already!

SandyPalmer:
now that I can see your card bigger... love love love the stacks of frou frou stuff... love the leafy branch. Gorgeous all over (embossing or no embossing)

AcrossThePond:
thanks again for hosting. Great sketch and love the extra challenges. Great image! Lovely card. You certainly do such a neat, crisp job with all your matting

DeeScraps:
love the colors... blue... my favorite!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:24:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot to change colors :)

AcrossThePond Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:25:40 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

[img]null[/img]

Here is another use for the "3 in a row" group. I made some tags for gifts. I did 2 snow flake, rub on and patern paper and the other was the patern paper, boarder punch and flower line. Just quickies to use up some bits.
Thank You Sandy for the die.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:32:05 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Originally Posted by: Joyful Carol Go to Quoted Post
When I saw NanaDonna's Mojo Monday card posted yesterday I thought, "What I nice sketch! I would like to try one of those." Thanks for giving me a good reason to tackle that. I am waiting to see what others do with Challenge #2 for I am confused as to what it actually means. I am simple and need a picture I guess. LOL I need to get off of here and finish my window extra credit card from last week. I also need to go look at my cartridges and see if I can remember which one I bought first or which one I like least. Confused Such decisions!! That is kind of like picking out paper!! I was so happy to read from others that they can spend hours just picking out paper! That is so me--always second guessing myself. When my husband is looking at me like,"Did you really need to buy more paper or tool or ribbon or whatever", I have decided that I am going to show him those pictures of NanaDonna's craft room and he will think that I am not such a bad addict....I mean fanatic! Awesome--awesome! If you lived closer to me I might have to come shopping!!! LOL May everyone have a lovely week crafting! I will try to post my "recipe" for my cake I made for my explosion box this week. But I really need to get that window card done for my sister's birthday next week!

Carol, sorry if I made this a bit confusing I did intend it to come out in a box but I couldn't get it to post that way. So if you draw a box with 9 boxes inside it. Then in each box write the elements which I put down row by row you will see how it goes. It's just like playing OXO or Tic tac toe I think you all call it. Hope this helpsBigGrin
Sue
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:33:48 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

SandyPalmer wrote:
Ok, I still have the changing things around a bit mode, and for some reason I just couldn't fit in the one strip! I could kick myself for not embossing the brown circle! Sad Where was Lydia's inspiration of embossing when I needed it, lol!

I always think of Lydia too when it comes to embossing. I often forget to emboss and sometimes when I look at my finished work, I get upset with myself that some plain large spot doesn't have embossing on it!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:34:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I wanted to!

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:38:22 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond wrote:
Carol, sorry if I made this a bit confusing I did intend it to come out in a box but I couldn't get it to post that way. So if you draw a box with 9 boxes inside it. Then in each box write the elements which I put down row by row you will see how it goes. It's just like playing OXO or Tic tac toe I think you all call it. Hope this helpsBigGrin
Sue

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty to post the image below because I needed to see the items for myself in the boxes... I just cut and pasted your words in the boxes

I think I made the image a little too big though

Feel free to insert it on the first post if it makes it easier for everyone as well

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:39:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
Joyful Carol on 10/9/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:41:25 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond: you were posting as I was posting... those tags are gorgeous! I love everyone one of them. I need to make some too!
joanneorbash Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:49:03 AM(UTC)
joanneorbash

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Well since i havent made much in 2 weeks because i couldnt get my mini to work in fl.. I came home with extreme withdraw.....Laugh So i made these pumpkin centerpices.. I used plantain school and just made a bunch of different size scallops and just folded and pasted.. added some glimmer pipe cleaners for the branches . You cant really see but the little basket was also made but my cell doenst take good pics...... Hope to do all three this week...... Had fun in Fl.. though.......I came home to a stink bug invasion ......help.
joanneorbash attached the following image(s):
100212221217.jpg
AcrossThePond Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:55:38 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

First off Thank You Raquel for doing the box thing for meThumpUp Smile It makes it much more user friendly that way.

Joanne - Welcome back Scared I have no idea what "stink Bugs" are but I hope you get rid soon. I just love your centre piece, wow we are a crafty group. Glad you had a great time.

Sue
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:06:26 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

joanneorbash: wow... I love your centerpiece! I can imagine how much fun it was to make those. Good luck with your stink bugs!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:11:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I wanted to!

*NanaDonna* Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:36:55 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2617 time(s) in 1375 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AcrossThePond Go to Quoted Post

Sue

Darn darn darn,Cursing Cursing I knew I should have waited till today to post my Mojo Monday cardLaugh Maybe I will pick another Mojo sketch or do another of this one.

Thanks for hosting this week and for letting me scoot in on your weekWink

Man do you know how hard it is for me to make a card with out a sketchScared almost
impossible! Now I have 3 to make without sketches, oh well will have to pull out my book of sketches and follow some in there.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:49:33 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
I always think of Lydia too when it comes to embossing. I often forget to emboss and sometimes when I look at my finished work, I get upset with myself that some plain large spot doesn't have embossing on it!

Ditto Ditto Ditto - I always forget to emboss, although lately I have been a bit later
AND that is why we call Lydia the Embossing Queen!
Come on get up already we are all talking about you BigGrin Laugh Laugh Laugh

*NanaDonna* Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:54:54 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Well heck I am going to post my Mojo Monday card here since I worked so hard on it ha ha ha ha.
BingoLady Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 9:31:25 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 654 post(s)
Across the pond thanks for the sketches and Dee thanks for the colors.
Adn thankyou ladies for the wonderful commnents, I think a card has to have a little
embossing to give it a little kick .LOL LOL LOL
Have a nice day ladies.
AcrossThePond Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:11:05 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

NanaDonna - This is such a pretty as I said when I saw it first time. Such a great sketch to show off wonderful paper collections.

Bingolady - Hope you still feel good, I know mornings were always a bit slow for me after my opp's. You get a bit stiff laying there all night.

Sue

Well I am off to work now. I have been checking out my cartridge books to see what I can use all afternoon after a lovely long chat with my friendWink .
Read you all tomorrow.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:14:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyPalmer Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:12:14 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Sue, ok, that is a WOW card! I just simply love everything about it! Gorgeous! Oh wow, wonderful tags too! You are on a fabulous role this week!

Joanneorbash, oh wow, I love how you turned the scallop pumpkins into a centerpiece! Great job on it! Sorry to here about your bug problems! That's not very fun at all!

Ok Lydia, I didn't forget to emboss this time, lol! Sue, you should be so proud of me! I have two old cartridges on here! Storybook, and Joys of the Season! I used Joys of the Season for the sled, and I used Storybook for the leaves!

SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
002011.jpg
AcrossThePond Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:19:43 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Sandy - OOH I love that Christmas card. It is so vintage looking. Fantastic leaves there, love the sledge. The embossing works so well. Pretty pearls to go with the feel. Now you used the far right column then for your card.

I don't own any Christmas cartridgesCrying I should get one is that a good one?

Sue

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:22:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AcrossThePond Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:34:04 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Sandy - Just noticed that you have done the 3rd challenge and not possibly the tick tac toe one but I think you did!!!! Better go to work or I'll get told off for being late.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:38:36 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

[img]null[/img]

One last one before I go. Again from the 3 in a row challenge, horizontal, P paper, bling & Topper. Topper is from a sheet it is pearlesent. Hope it shows. Also used gold mirri to mat.

Sue