Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 11:35:38 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
*NanaDonna*: I think I'll just pretend I haven't seen your card yet BigGrin ... LOVE it! Ok, what border punch is that?

SandyPalmer: oooh... LOVE your Christmas card! Awesome poinsettia and you did add embossing this time!

AcrossThePond:
another neat and crisp Christmas card. The image is so cute! Love this card

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/4/2012(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 11:47:22 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Here is my window card from last week. I finally got it finished and I should have plenty of time to get it sent to TN for my sister's birthday! OH, MY when I went back to look I have no Cricut! Flapper I did use my Cuttlebug daisy quilling again. I just did one center and two of the middle sized petals to make this tiny flower. The other flowers and butterfly are some bling and stickers I got off of clearance at Joann's. I also remembered to emboss since someone brought that up this morning- thanks ladies! It should qualify for 3 in row since I have an already made topper (butterfly), lace, and a flower!! Thanks for the explanation (and picture)on that challenge.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 11:55:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Purple Butterfly Window Card.jpg
*NanaDonna* Online
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 11:56:27 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
*NanaDonna*: I think I'll just pretend I haven't seen your card yet BigGrin ... LOVE it! Ok, what border punch is that?

It is a MS punch one of the ones that has a matching corner punch so you can punch around the page. I just took a 1.5 inch strip and punched it down both sides THANKS

DEE thanks for the colors, perfect for a snowflake card

Carol - thanks for coming and posting your window card,. It is gorgeous and I am sure your sister will love it. I love that quilled flower, I keep seeing these things (flowers) I am going to have to get me one of those kits

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/3/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:00:26 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Joyful Carol: wow... wonderful job with this card. LOVE all the beautiful details and the colors together especially
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:14:06 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well, I'm extremely behind in scrapbooking so I decided to make a layout from a tic-tac-toe challenge. I tried to follow the sketch but really wouldn't work out too well with my choice of background paper.

The award ribbon is from My Sheri Crafts #91 project I had done back in the first week of August but was intentionally made for this layout (whenever I got to it... well now, I got to it! BigGrin )

Tic-Tac-Toe: Patterned Paper + Border Punch + Flower

Cartridges used: Fabulous Finds, Plantin Schoolbook, Stone Script

Ok, now on to make a card!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:16:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I wanted to!

SandyPalmer Offline
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:21:37 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Donna, I did comment on your card last post, but I will say I think it is lovely!

Sue, Oh my gosh... how cute is that teddy bear!!! Your card is so adorable! I love everything about this card as well! You really are stepping up the notch this time!
I did do your third challenge on the sled card! It started out as the second challenge, but it took a side turn, lol! I really do like the Joys of the Season cartridge! It really is one of the first cartridges I ever purchased!

Carol, oh, I really love how you did that tag on your card! Lovely embossing, and the butterfly and flower are such a great touch!

Raquel, you do such a wonderful job on these layouts! I can see sketch 1 in there! Look at your daughters beautiful hair at this age! So precious!
 3 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/3/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/4/2012(UTC), Joyful Carol on 10/9/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:36:59 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
My, my aren't we busy little bees this morning, already on page #2....good to see!Cool Cool

AcrossThePond,
Thank you so much for Hosting this week. I love the unique sketches and challenges we have had these past two weeks...makes us push ourselves a little harder on our creativity!

DeeScraps,
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! For the 2-color Ad Challenge you gave us this week. I think we all got somewhat challenged last week with the 5-color combo, especially the Tan color...seems it threw everyone for a loop!LOL

Hoping to get the challenges done soon, as soon as I read the third challenge I knew EXACTLY which of my carts is my least favorite and wish I had never bought it!
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/4/2012(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 2:44:15 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Sketch #1- I could have used my cricut to cut a scolloped circle or the circle but I opted to use my punch and a left over piece from a Nestability cut instead. One needs to use those left over parts. Waste not- want not!ThumpUp I also decided to use a doily that I have had for years. I have gotten a good start on my upcoming birthdays this month. I will get a Cricut cut on my next card since that is the 3rd challenge.
Pink Hello.jpg
DeniseE Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:34:50 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joanneorbash Go to Quoted Post
Well since i havent made much in 2 weeks because i couldnt get my mini to work in fl.. I came home with extreme withdraw.....Laugh So i made these pumpkin centerpices.. I used plantain school and just made a bunch of different size scallops and just folded and pasted.. added some glimmer pipe cleaners for the branches . You cant really see but the little basket was also made but my cell doenst take good pics...... Hope to do all three this week...... Had fun in Fl.. though.......I came home to a stink bug invasion ......help.

Uggh, we have them here also. I hate the evil things and cannot convince my 13 year old not to step on them because they emit a noxious odor. But being 13 and a boy, nuff said.

Denise
sunnieday Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:45:22 PM(UTC)
sunnieday

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 224 post(s)
I DID IT!
Finally came by and made a card! Im hoping to get back into the swing of things.
Missed all you guys alot.

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:29:56 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well I was hoping to get to working on a card but we had a bit of a scare this late afternoon. I got a call asking to help watch my 1-year old niece because mommy got into a car accident and was sent to the hospital. We didn't get much detail if she was ok then after an hour we were told she was to have a CAT scan and then chest x-ray. She had hit her head on the window at impact. She's ok but the hospital is keeping her for observation. Whew!

Joyful Carol: oh very pretty card! Improve that background paper you used... great use of a doily here

sunnieday: I've missed you! How was all the wedding preparations? Are you finally done with that huge project? It's great to have you back and with a pretty card! Your creations have definitely been missed along with you. I hope you're back... really back BigGrin

DeniseEmmerich: Welcome! Come join us! Flapper

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:32:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot to add a flapper

Joyful Carol on 10/9/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Online
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:43:50 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Well, well well, welcome back Sunnie, I hope everything worked out perfectly for the wedding

Denise - glad you peaked in on us, we have a lot of fun here and most certainly inspire each other. I sure hope you will join us.

Raquel - WOW what a scare, I sure hope your sister will be OK. I am glad they are keeping her for observation that is the best with a head injury.

Got my tic-tac-toe card done today but din't get the pictures done so I will post it tomorrow.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/4/2012(UTC)
sunnieday Offline
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:46:06 PM(UTC)
sunnieday

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 224 post(s)
yep shower is overwith so my big projects are as well. Wedding in four weeks in Anna Maria Island, FL
I will be making the programs and the donation cards, but other than that Im pretty much done, thank god. It was ALOT of work!

Ill try to play with the other cards tomorrow. =)
*NanaDonna* Online
#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:12:37 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Sandy - OMG I love tour Mojo sketch card, it is beautiful. So so adorable with the sled, I just got that cartridge, thanks for the inspiration

Sue - great Christmas sled card, I love that stamp. Great tags Sue, I have never made tags for gists, maybe I will have to give it a try this year. #3 pretty pretty that little bear is so adorable and I love your color combination and papers.

Joanne, I saw that pumpkin and had wanted to give it a try I love yours great idea with the sparkle pip cleaner. I still want to try it.

Raquel - great layout, what a cutie and the award is perfect

Carol - Fabulous Mojo sketch card, I love the papers and what a great idea to use that doilie
 3 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/4/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/4/2012(UTC), Joyful Carol on 10/9/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:33:26 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Challenge #3 - Created from my least favorite cartridge.

I made a B'day tag which I think would be perfect for a child or adult:

Little Devil - Mini Monsters Cartridge
Embossing - "Spots and Dots" and "Tiny Bubbles" CuttleBug folder
Sentiment - Computer-generated
I added squiggly eyes (they are purposely crooked), cut the sentiment with crafting scissors and used 3-D tape to pop it. Since the back was all "Bubbled" and hard to write on, I added a small square of cardstock for a To:/From: space.
TFL!!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:47:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:43:45 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hope you don't mind my posting my window card from last week on here....I posted it rather late and not sure if you all got to see it. I almost didn't make it but changed my mind and I was pretty happy with how it turned out after all.
THANKS, for allowing me to re-share!Smile

My Extra Credit Circle Card:

Scalloped Circle - Artiste Cartridge
Acetate for Window - Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge
Butterflies - Store-bought
Cardstock - From NanaDonna (Don't know name of Stack)
I added Skittles to the clear window, feather, blue stickpin and sheer ribbon/bow. In the inside I used printed B'day paper and layered it on top of a circle (which was embossed) using the same blue color as the scalloped front circle. In the inside front the Skittles show through and some of the feather, for a nice effect.

Have not finished covering the acetate circle border in the inside(that's why I didn't post it opened!, but wanted to post my card BEFORE the day was over!LOL
TFL!!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:49:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Online
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:48:13 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Turtlebug - Your tag is adorable, love the colors you chose! The eyes are so cute, maybe now you will like this cartridge ha ha.

I still love your window card and I am glad to re-shared it in case everyone didn't get to see it as it is definitely worth a second look
TurtleBug on 10/3/2012(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#48 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 9:15:59 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 664 post(s)
# 1 sketch
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch 052.jpg
AcrossThePond Offline
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:01:05 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Carol - What a beautiful window card. Love the embossed top part and pretty butterfly. Such a pretty card for #1, love that embossed paper you used. Extra points for using up left over'sBigGrin .

Raq - Love the layout of Zenica, she is a cutie. Fab ribbon and just love all the little dance extras.

Sunnieday - Hello there, nice to see you on here again you have been missed. Glad all has gone well just the big day to go now. Great card, thanks for joining in.

Turtlebug - That is so cute, great for any age little monster as you say. Just love the eyes they are just right. I love your window card and worth a second look.

Bingolady - Lovely job on #1. Like the Ho Ho ribbon and the nice red bauble. Like your use of shadow behind the image.

Well I have been sent a voucher for 20% off everything in our local Hobby Craft store today only, so it would be rude not to use it so off I go. The prices are no way as good as you guys get but it worth having. To give you an idea if I buy a Cricut cartridge it could be £40 or a SB die would be at least £20 so that would be about $60 and $30, that is why when you get Brit's over there in your stores we are going mad.

See you all later when you are up and about.

Sue
 2 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/4/2012(UTC), Joyful Carol on 10/9/2012(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:27:19 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Wow, everyone has been so busy now! So much to comment on!

Carol, such a pretty Mojo Monday card! I always seem to like the doilies on a card!

Denise, I sure hope you decide to join in and make a card and post it here!

Sunnie, yay, your back! It sounds like you were pretty busy crafting while you have been gone from here! I bet you are glad it's over, at least that part of it! Nice job on your card! I really like your get well stamp!

Raquel, I am so sorry for the scare you had last night!!!

Turtlebug, I don't know why you don't like that cart, he is adorable!

BingoLady, ok, that little Santa popping out like that is too cute! What a very happy, cheerful card!

Sue, have fun shopping! I hope you find good things to use your coupon on!
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
Joyful Carol Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:10:37 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Sandy- Beautiful Christmas card even without the embossing. I am always finishing up with a card when I realize I should have embossed. : 0 I like the sparkle on the poinsettias as well. The changing things up a bit was perfect for your design elements. The “Tis the Season” sled card is awesome. I love the papers you chose, and the border you chose adds such an elegant touch. How perfect is it to emboss with the snowflake folder! I just recently found that on clearance and am now inspired to use it real soon.

Across the Pond- Lovely “Seasons Greetings” card. I especially love the colors—they are so pleasing and eye catching. WOW on the tags! They are just gorgeous. They do not look like quickies. They look like you spent hours. The 3 in a row bear card is soooo cute! He has such a sweet expression on his face. The papers and matting are excellent.

Joanneorbash- That is a very nice center piece on your table. Definitely a creative way to use scallops, and reminds me I need to get busy and get out my fall/ seasonal elements and get to decorating. I hope by now you are thoroughly enjoying your FL memories and the stink bugs are a thing of the past.

NanaDonna- I so enjoyed viewing your Mojo Monday card again. The colors are so lovely in those papers and made a beautiful card.

Raquel- What a nice layout of your daughter as well as using the Mojo Monday card elements!

Sunnieday- Great to see a card from you. I really like your little blue and orange flower with the pearl center.

TurtleBug- That little monster tag is just fabulous! Great job with the embossing on this little green guy. The sentiment is a perfect touch. Lovely window card from last week's sketches. The colors are so pleasing and those little butterflies along with the ribbon and feather are just finishing touches.

BingoLady- Cute Christmas card using the Mojo sketch. The snowflake embossing is just perfect for your card theme.

2 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/4/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/4/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:25:10 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Good morning everyone! Well my SIL is home and resting... so glad she's ok

Turtlebug: OMG! I absolutely love your monster tag, that is so cute! YAY! I get to see that awesome feather on your window card again BigGrin

BingoLady: great Christmas card! That Santa ornament is so cute

AcrossThePond: enjoy shopping! Keep us informed what you decide to buy Angry
Joyful Carol Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:30:37 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

ZZZZZZ Sleep This is how I feel this morning since I had insomnia last night. On the bright side, I made three cards while I was awake! The first two were the blue and white card challenge colors. I did add a little brown in there to add some highlight which came from the butterfly paper I used. I decided to use the frame sketch from last week since I could make two cards so quickly with the cuts. The last card I made is for the pull out the 1st cartridge you bought and use a cut you haven't used. I believe the first cartridge I bought was Walk in My Garden so I chose the caterpillar on page 120.I decided to use the card cut as well since I had never used that feature from this cartridge. I hope you enjoy this playful little caterpillar. The green dragonfly is a brad. The grass is from a Fiskars punch.

Edited by user Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:35:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Forgot to mention a detail

Blue and White Frame with Daisy.jpg
Caterpillar.jpg
AcrossThePond Offline
#54 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:08:53 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Carol - I love your ad colour card using NanaDonnas sketch from last week, it's great to get a BOGOF. You are right the touch of brown makes it pop.Your caterpillar card is so cute, just love the papers you chose for this fun card.

Well my coupon was not much good as they have changed the store around and got rid of lots of craft stuff bringing in Jam making and cake baking stuff. I did pick up a couple of deep frames to put layouts in, a 12x12 and a 8x8.
Work tonight so I will be back tomorrow now. I have been cutting alsorts off unused carts to make up a card or two so hope to have something to show tomorrow.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Online
#55 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:52:45 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Good Morning ladies and evening to you Sue and sorry your shopping did not go so wellMad

Bingolady - Adorable Christmas card, great embossing (as alwaysLove ) and that ornament is so cute love the Santa on there.BigGrin

Carol - don't ya just love that sketch? I love the papers you chose this time and there is one of those awesome flowers again Cute Caterpillar peaking out from that bright paper.

Raquel glad your sister is home.

Have a great day everyone
 3 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/4/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/5/2012(UTC), Joyful Carol on 10/9/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#56 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:27:11 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Still working on a card right now... LOL!

Joyful Carol: two beautiful cards... love love the background papers you used on both. Wonderful job on the Ad colors too
BingoLady Offline
#57 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:58:23 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 664 post(s)
wonderful cards ladies, love them all. The colors and all the decor they all
came out great.
Denise welcome hope to see some of youe cards.
Sunnieday nice to see back with your nice get well card.
Sorry I can't comment on each card, my daughter is having to use the computer.
SandyPalmer Offline
#58 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:43:17 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Carol, your blue card is ever so pretty! Love the paper you used on it! Cute, cute caterpillar card also!

Sue, I am glad you found at least something to bring home with you, but sorry they changed the store!

Ok, got my tic-tac-toe card finished, plus I used the ad colors! BigGrin
Patterned paper, border, and flower!

Edited by user Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:26:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
Alena's  2nd birthday 0010.jpg
 2 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/5/2012(UTC), Joyful Carol on 10/9/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#59 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:49:36 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well I got a card done but the glitter isn't dry yet so I'll have to wait to take a picture

SandyPalmer: OMG! It's even cuter on here than viewing it from my phone! LOL! I didn't even notice the embossed background before. Love everything about it

Edited by user Thursday, October 04, 2012 8:18:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I wanted to!

*NanaDonna* Online
#60 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:09:10 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is my Tic-Tac-Toe card
Button - Bling - Border Punch

Label was cut using Elegant Edges, I was going to put it on with the flat side at the top and I goofedCursing

Edited by user Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:21:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Oops