Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

bonnie.blake8e0f5b11 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:01:52 PM(UTC)
bonnie.blake8e0f5b11

Groups: Registered

I just rec my Imagine yesturday and it has been full of problems. I finally got the machine/ink calibrated after many tries and finally cutting it off last pm and trying again this am. It was not accepting the mat. After that problem was taken care of I was able to do one cut. I turned it off and after several hours turned back on. The "Upgrading your imagine Warning do not power off has been on the sream for almost 1 hour, with the progress bar showing, filling and hen starting over.. What do I need to do? I am VERY frustrated!!
Khrista Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:11:46 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bonnie.blake8e0f5b11 Go to Quoted Post
I just rec my Imagine yesturday and it has been full of problems. I finally got the machine/ink calibrated after many tries and finally cutting it off last pm and trying again this am. It was not accepting the mat. After that problem was taken care of I was able to do one cut. I turned it off and after several hours turned back on. The "Upgrading your imagine Warning do not power off has been on the sream for almost 1 hour, with the progress bar showing, filling and hen starting over.. What do I need to do? I am VERY frustrated!!

Sounds like it is cycling over and over. I would start with downloading cricutsync
( www.cricut.com/cricutsync ). Shut the Imagine off. Hook it to the computer you just put cricut sync on, turn the machine on and give it a moment and then open cricutsync. See if that will over ride it. It'll probably tell you that you have updates it needs to do. Usually it's helpful to uncheck all but one of the boxes if there's more than one and do one update at a time. If it stalls beyond 5-10 minutes where the bar is not moving across the screen, unplug the usb and plug it back in. If this doesn't work, you'll probably need to do a system restore which the directions are on a sticky in this forum. You can call PC to double check and they can walk you through it too.

HTH
:)Khrista
Selena Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:55:09 AM(UTC)
Selena

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 308 post(s)
This was happening to me the other day too. I had not updated in a very LONG time. The cricut sync just kept going and going even after the bar had reached the end. My Imagine had gone back to the start up screen (not the 'connected to sync' screen) but the sync on the computer was still going. So I just unplugged it and decided to re-do it this weekend to see what happens.
Selena Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:48:46 PM(UTC)
Selena

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 308 post(s)
I took time yesterday to do the full updates on my imagine and I kept getting errors-like it didn't or couldnt completely update, try again, etc. So I tried about 4 times last night and left it running all night. That didn't help cause I forgot to turn the auto-sleep on my computer off (super genius here).

So today I tried it and it finally was able to complete.
Cricut Sync said I am at: Version 21.18
Firmware: 0001
Content: 0035

My actual Imagine says I'm at: Version 1.01
(0123:0035:0239:202C)

And I'm happy to report that it will now recognize my new carts, woo hoo!!!
So there is hope :)