Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

marcela.bestac065237 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:36:39 PM(UTC)
marcela.bestac065237

Groups: Registered

i just bought the mini and i wanted to make a card but every time i try to cut a shape it totally ruins it. with i try to cut a delicate shape the blade doesn't cut it completely or it tears the paper apart. I'm i doing something wrong?????????? i have tried different types of paper in the different kinds of setting and its not working. i might just returned this thing if i can
swatts66 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 5:53:07 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1049 time(s) in 575 post(s)
When you set it up did you do the cuts that came with the mini to make the thank you card? It was part of the set up. Did that cut correctly? Have you taken the blade assembly out and made sure it is seated correctly? I would try calling customer service. The mini is a real nice little machine and mine cuts great. Don't give up yet...
b4bingerddf9ed50 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 10:55:16 AM(UTC)
b4bingerddf9ed50

mine did the same thing. destroyed the delicate tips and I did NOT get instructions of any kind on how to use the machine, what the setting are, i bought a cartridge and it has a rubber key board...what is that? I feel until I can take a class (if there are classes) I'm kinda screwed! Hope to work out the kinks b/c I spent alot of money on different accesories and so far im only disappointed!
swatts66 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 12:11:10 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1049 time(s) in 575 post(s)
Didn't you get a nice little start up packet. It was set up in stages 1-4 I believe. It guided you through the setup. There are lots of You Tube videos on the mini and some are very basic. Maybe try watching those.....
Camorrison73aa22f73c Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 9:09:27 AM(UTC)
Camorrison73aa22f73c

I have exactly the same problem with the mini & am on the point of sending it back.

I did the set up Thank You tag which cut fairly cleanly although there were a couple of places where it didn't go right through the paper.

Since then though it won't cut anything, all it does is make messy score marks on the card but won't cut through anything.

not impressed Angry
crafteechic Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:37:05 AM(UTC)
crafteechic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
i didn't cut the thank you card bcz i don't like cutting textured cardstock on any cricut machine. i find that the blade tears the paper. i have had problems too but only since i didn't have the paper completely on the mat and the paper ripped. i saw that a lady said take the blade housing apart to see if paper is inside.
dawn-avrild1b1598a Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:35:07 AM(UTC)
dawn-avrild1b1598a

I am sure i read somewhere that the mini instructions that it wasnt suitable for cutting paper, best on card ?
lynnenorthfield5f9c4dc1 Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:50:21 AM(UTC)
lynnenorthfield5f9c4dc1

I thought i would share with you my very new experience with my very new Cricut Mini machine. It cut out the first cut with 'Thank You' then it just decided to tear most of the card that was included with the machine. I took advise from this site and I found some paper on the end of the blade but still wouldnt cut properly but i had the starter kit which contained two new blades in it. Once i had put in a new blade it had solved the problem. I really hope this helps.
Lynne
Sherri Kay Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:43:45 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2380 time(s) in 2133 post(s)
Originally Posted by: b4bingerddf9ed50 Go to Quoted Post
mine did the same thing. destroyed the delicate tips and I did NOT get instructions of any kind on how to use the machine, what the setting are, i bought a cartridge and it has a rubber key board...what is that? I feel until I can take a class (if there are classes) I'm kinda screwed! Hope to work out the kinks b/c I spent alot of money on different accesories and so far im only disappointed!

The "rubber keyboard" is a pad that sits on top of the Expression to show what each cut is for each key since all the cartridges are different. HTH BigGrin
barbara.aspinallc2bebd3b Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:50:36 AM(UTC)
barbara.aspinallc2bebd3b

Have just got Cricut mini for Chridtmas and did the first cut ok, after this, regardless what paper/card or setting I use, it just scores badly and doesn't cut through card/paper, Lots of bits around image and I've tried checking no bits on blade and have tried for a few days with lots of other paper/card with disasterous results - HELPBigGrin
minibaby498fc2f94b Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:41:48 PM(UTC)
minibaby498fc2f94b

I am also super frustrated with the blades.. I read through all the posts below and here is "my story". got Mini last christmas (2012), set it up, did the thank you card, did the "rockstar" card with my daughter (very detail and intricate cuts), came out really well, did a couple of birthday cards and used glitter card stock. THAT surely ruined the blade. Ok, got to Michaels, got replacement blades, but one in, cut a few scrapbook pieces, cut 3 sheets of valentine's hearts 8 hearts to a sheet of paper, blade went dull!!- put new one in (Second one from that replacement purchase), cut 2 cards from a new cartridge I got, (mostly regular card stock) two pieces of lightweight cards stock and booom.. blade dull!!!! All three blades I have used have cut less than 50 cuts each... I emailed Cricut, but have not heard back.. I love the machine and the designs and when it cuts, it looks great, but I can't keep buying blades..
AND, is there a "wrong" way of putting the blade in?- It is weird, because it cuts beautifully for a few cuts and then jsut doesn;t cut all the way through. I do use the "pressure 4" and weight 4" setting as the machine suggests... And yes, some tearing up the paper as well, but mostly it is the not cutting through. I found the tearing seems to happen when a design is too small and the paper too thin..

Please help/advise

thanks - Crying
jmap197053a448c3 Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:24:19 PM(UTC)
jmap197053a448c3

I can't even get mine to install. No driver??? Help!