Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

paperplayer Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 1:05:44 PM(UTC)
paperplayer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Seems like many people have had this problem. I too haven't updated my machine in a very long time. I have used my gypsy recently though. It worked fine until I tried to link a new cartridge and got the message that I needed to update it.
Everything was going well and then it locked up on the loading screen after it had turned off on its own and I followed instructions and turned it back on.
Now it won't go past that screen. I had to reset it with the little pin hole in the back of the machine since it won't turn off any other way.

Does this mean that my gypsy is dead? I have been very lucky with this since I first got in several years ago and now all of sudden am having problems. I would hate to have to send it back or if I have to purchase a new one...not sure I would due to all the problems!

Does anyone have any help for what I can do to get this unfrozen???

CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 3:00:19 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
paperplayer, I can recommend using the troubleshooter in Cricut Sync to fix this issue. You will need to turn off your Gypsy and plug it into the computer. Then launch Cricut Sync. It will try to connect to your Gypsy and them say that there is no device attached. From there click on the help menu and choose Gypsy trouble shooting. Answer the questions Yes, No, No, No, Yes. Then follow the instructions on the computer screen to put the Gypsy in recovery mode. Allow the updates to go through. Once it is done updating you will not have the issue you are experiencing.
-PCGena
 2 users thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
paperplayer on 10/8/2012(UTC), All hours crafter on 10/17/2012(UTC)
sewnutty Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 2:48:57 PM(UTC)
sewnutty

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Count me as another one that finally ran out of luck updating the Gypsy. I knew this day would come. It completely froze on the "loading" screen. I had to reformat my G which meant that I lost ALL of my projects. Mad Mad Mad What a joke! What's ironic is that when you start the process it has the audacity to suggest that you would be able to backup your projects before restoring. Cursing Cursing Cursing I did not lose my linked cartridges though.

It would be nice if they would fix the issue of exporting your projects to your hard drive. Then this process would not be so bad. But, one good thing is I did not install the USELESS imagine app on my G this time around.

Sandra
paperplayer Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 3:25:25 PM(UTC)
paperplayer

Thank you so much!! I will try it.
Keeping my fingers crossed.Unsure
paperplayer Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:31:49 AM(UTC)
paperplayer

Thank you...thank you PCGina! I followed the directions you gave me and it worked perfectly!! I will keep the instructions just in case it ever happens again. Obviously, I need to update more often.Blushing

Mary