Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#121 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 8:27:18 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone... I got a bit of icky news

Some of our members are having trouble getting on the forum, including our current host! They got a hold of me so I'm passing on the message and their apologies

I sure hope the rest of you are not getting error messages when trying to log on as well Crying
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/8/2012(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#122 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 9:30:16 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Dee, wonderful ad color card! It is beautiful!

Donna, I hope your BIL is ok!

I was one of them who couldn't log on this morning! Thank you Raquel for posting that Sue and I both were having problems!
britishgirl Offline
#123 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 9:41:41 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
so far this i have not had problems logging in this is my version of this weeks sketch dont know if i will any of the other challenges done but i will try this is very very simple but i guess its ok i used storybook and George for the shapes
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
for raq.jpg
joanneorbash Offline
#124 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 10:43:09 AM(UTC)
joanneorbash

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Hi enjoy looking at everyones great works of art.. I made this card for sketch 1.. I used a cuttlebug folder with skeletons and just rubbed some silver ink pad to show it off better.. I used ccr and cut out the moveable witch and added a few embellishments.... i wish they would have better directions when they give us a try on there freebies but hey i guess just wing it... Thanks for looking
joanneorbash attached the following image(s):
100812124743.jpg
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#125 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 11:34:49 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Hmmm... I always seem to forget to log off whenever I walk away from my computer

britishgirl:
wow... love that black floral doily cut. Your card is so pretty... so elegant looking

joanneorbash:
that witch cut is awesome! Your card is so cute! It was great of them to give us freebie cuts, I hope they do it more often
AcrossThePond Offline
#126 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 12:15:23 PM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Thank Goodness for that, its taken all day to get on hereCursing had some silly message come up.

Jennie - love your tic tac toe card to welcome your nephews new baby.

NanaDonna - I remember you saying about the sketch and it could be useful for your holiday cards. This one has worked out so well. Great in the ad colours and yes I think that is a snowflake.

Sunnieday - Great card for tic tac toe always love your colours. Fun card for #3, great eyes. You know I have never used that cut yet.

LisaW - Great card for tic tac toe, just love the flowers.

Dee - Just love your Mojo card. I love your use of blue and yellow.

Britishgirl - Real nice card for #1 so clean, love the carts you have used.

Joanne - Cute Halloween card, good idea with the ink pad.

Raq - Thanks for coming on and saying where I was. I was getting a bit Scared I wouldn't get on at all.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#127 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 12:26:38 PM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Well better late than neverBlushing Blushing being the host you would think I'd have them all ready to go on the first day!!
This is my go at the Mojo sketch. All the papers are from Kaisercraft, their "miss matched" collection. I went to a crop a couple of weeks ago and these are papers left over from the two layouts we did.
Thank You Bingolady I used my CB to emboss the blue paper with flourishes and the peach ribbon strip with blossom (i don't think it shows up too well but its there). I cut the bottom scallop mat using paper lace and Don Juan for the 21. The card is for a young girl in work.

Sue

Edited by user Monday, October 08, 2012 12:28:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#128 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 1:10:36 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Gee I thought they had kicked me off the message boardAngry
I was one of the ones that could not log on but all seems goods nowBigGrin
Been busy this morning with paperwork YUCK! and phone calls.
Also I am going to begin home physical therapy so the therapist was here this morning doing an assessment and setting up a plan. So I think he will be here twice a week so that will definitely cut into my craft time a bit, but I am glad to be getting some therapy again.

My BIL is doing fine has had a infection in his kidneys that just keeps coming back, hope this time they can get in under control and stopped.

WOW lot of awesome cards added since I was last on here, will try and get some comments made, but first I am going to try and get some crafting done.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#129 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 1:55:00 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond: good thing you were able to log back on again! Wow wow... very pretty card we would have missed! Love all the details and nicely put colors together
AcrossThePond on 10/9/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#130 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 6:20:13 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Hello again!

I just got back from dinner not too long ago. We went to Sweet Tomatoes and they had something new in the menu... Shepherd's Pie soup. I've never had Shepherd Pie before and it was soooo GOOD! I had two bowls and I could have gotten a third but decided to try other things. YUMMY Love

Anyway... I haven't tackled my extra credit of using an old cartridge that we haven't used in a long time. I really don't have that many cartridges that I haven't used in a "long" time except maybe SpongeBob SquarePants. I'll have to figure out if I need a SpongeBob card anytime soonish

DeeScraps:
regarding the color of your card... you're right! When I look at cards with my laptop, the colors are a little off. When I use my regular computer... everything is as it seems
*NanaDonna* Offline
#131 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 8:21:38 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK back to make my comments.

Sue - I love your "just because" card, the papers are so pretty and those card are always handy to have on hand

Cindy - thanks for going back and doing the sketches from my week love the frame you used on #1, flower is very pretty on #2 and the Santa on #3 is fabulous so vintage looking. This week , pretty papers #1 and #2 Beautiful Christmas card, love all the sparkle WOW Cindy all those angels are fabulous, thanks so much for sharing them with us. No my papers were not embossed it is CTMH papers and that is the pattern on it,

Bingolady - cute cute tag, great colors and love the bling

Sandy - it is bitter sweet when those kids move out, you love it when they are there but you also so enjoy getting back into your room and creating.

Shelby great to see you and look forward to what you have for us next week. So bright and colorful are your creations. Love the blue lacy one that follows the Mojo sketch.

Proudmomma - love your welcome baby card.

Sunnie fabulous love the papers and the flower is great. Love that spider and the colors you used on this card.

LisaW pretty pretty card, great papers.

Dee - great card for the Mojo monday sketch, love the lacy circle and nice idea stacking those corners.

Turtlebug - that small stamp I used on my snowflake card is a Gina k stamp.

Bristish - love the look of the all black and white card very pretty.

Joanne - wow what fancy fashionista witch ha ha love your card

Sue so pretty your Mojo sketch card, love that blue background paper reminds me of a night sky dotted with stars.

2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
cstanzione on 10/8/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/9/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#132 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:41:13 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

That was horrible yesterday, I kept trying but no way was it letting me on, at first I thought it was a long distance thing like before but then I noticed a few others were unable to get on too.

Raq - Shepherds Pie Soup....well I have never had that one but I do make shepherds pie alot over here. It is a real winter warmer, which reminds me I should make one as it is getting that way over here. It rained all day yesterday, that horrid fine misty rain which leaves you feeling fed up as it lingers unlike the good old lash it down for half an hour stuff we normally get lol. I made a beef casserole in the slow cooker..um um dipped up the gravy with hunks of breadBlushing BigGrin what do they say a moment on the lips is a inch on the hipsWink who cares off to the gym now.

Sue
SandyPalmer Offline
#133 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:21:52 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

LisaW, great job on cutting out those different sized scallops! I absolutely love those polka dot brads you used! Great job on your card!

Joanneorbash, your little witch is adorable! Great Halloween card!

Sue, love your Mojo Monday card! The colors and paper you chose are lovely, and quite remind me of the good old days! Well, the days of covered wagons, etc! It also has a very youthful feel to it too! I can't explain it, but I love it!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:22:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#134 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:53:04 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Good morning everyone! Well, for the next couple of months, I need to start concentrating on "purging" our house. We are planning on moving around February or March. We've been living in our current home since 2002 and it's amazing how much stuff we've accumulated in 10 years!

I started today with the garage and after 20 minutes... I decided, it's craft time! Why purge areas of the house that I can do when the kids are home, right? Why not craft when they're NOT home?

Hah hah... ok, that was just a little insight I wanted to share with you all BigGrin
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#135 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:54:20 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond wrote:
That was horrible yesterday, I kept trying but no way was it letting me on, at first I thought it was a long distance thing like before but then I noticed a few others were unable to get on too.

Raq - Shepherds Pie Soup....well I have never had that one but I do make shepherds pie alot over here. It is a real winter warmer, which reminds me I should make one as it is getting that way over here. It rained all day yesterday, that horrid fine misty rain which leaves you feeling fed up as it lingers unlike the good old lash it down for half an hour stuff we normally get lol. I made a beef casserole in the slow cooker..um um dipped up the gravy with hunks of breadBlushing BigGrin what do they say a moment on the lips is a inch on the hipsWink who cares off to the gym now.

Sue

Yes... this is why we exercise: to support what we eat!

AcrossThePond Offline
#136 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:18:40 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Hi to all,

Just off to work now but thought I'd just pop on to say "Thanks" to all for joining in this week it has been fun.

Had a new teacher at the gym who worked us hard!! OK to have a cup cake my son made thenBigGrin .

Sue
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#137 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:23:58 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond wrote:
Hi to all,

Just off to work now but thought I'd just pop on to say "Thanks" to all for joining in this week it has been fun.

Had a new teacher at the gym who worked us hard!! OK to have a cup cake my son made thenBigGrin .

Sue

Speaking of cupcakes... my son's pre-K class had a birthday party today and the mother of the birthday boy passed out cupcakes. I know they're only in school for 3 hours, but he went home today with his lunchbox untouched! He only ate cupcakes today for his snack time! UGH! LOL!

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#138 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:31:41 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Alright, here is my extra credit "old cartridge" challenge... it's also another tic-tac-toe

My Expression came with Accent Essentials and Plantin Schoolbook but I use those two often enough. Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More is the first cartridge I ever bought on it's own and I haven't used it in a while. This week... I used it twice!

Old Cartridge / Tic-Tac-Toe: Patterned Paper + Border Punch + Flower

Ok, one of the patterned paper and border punch was made into the flower... does it still count as a Tic-Tac-Toe?
SandyPalmer Offline
#139 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:46:52 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Raquel, that little purse/gift bag is to stinkin cute!!!
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/9/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#140 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:51:03 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Thanks Sandy! I actually cut out 5 of these little gift bags and only one has not been decorated yet. I'm not sure what to do with the 5th one but I'll probably make it into another birthday for future use
Joyful Carol Offline
#141 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 2:46:13 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sandy- Love the embossing on your snowman card, but my favorite part is the little birdy sitting on that carrot nose. The ad colors are perfect for a snow card. Love the yellow and black together in your follow the mojo sketch card. I am glad I click to enlarge your picture so I could get a better view of the whole card. Nice use of the black and white paper on the pennant and the white butterfly is lovely against that sparkly black circle.

NanaDonna- Very nice Christmas using the tic-tac-toe. Really like the use of the buttons on this card.

TurtleBug-Lovely tic-tac-toe snowflake card. The colors are so lovely coming through on my computer screen. The embossing added much to this card and you did a great job with the pearls and other bling.

Proudmama61-Very pretty mojo sketch as a Christmas card in the red, green, and gold! No one would guess you used scraps to make this card!

Raquel- Love this mojo sketch in blue and white. The extra flourish is just perfect with that background paper—they look exactly the same shape!

Across the Pond- Nice red and black Birthday Wishes card. The stitching at the top is a very nice touch.
Good choice of papers on your Just Because Card-- they work very well together and the finishing touch with the button flowers in the corner is just perfect.

LisaW- I am just in love with that paisly paper circle. This is a great card for the mojo sketch.

DeeScraps- What a sweet snowman card! He is so cute I would bring him home to my house. Great job on the snowflakes as well. It would make a nice picture in a frame.

Cstanzione- Nice job on those past cards. Out of all three posts my favorite is the silhouette couple in front of the doily heart and the little roses are beautiful. Love those little angel ornaments. I may have to steal that idea! What is the size of the ornament heads? Do you think this is something my 4th- 6th grade Sunday School girls could make?

Bingolady- What a cute little tic tac toe tag!

Shelbywoo- nice layouts as always. One of these days you are going to inspire me to get to working on scrapbooking! Love that mojo card, too! The colors on it are very lovely.

Well, I will have to try to finish these comments from page 4 and 5 later for my son and his wife are coming for supper and I have got to move toward getting that accomplished.

3 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/9/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/9/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/10/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#142 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:05:43 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Raquel - I love love your little bag. I love polka dotsBigGrin your rosette is fabulous. Great gift bag.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/9/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#143 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:01:40 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
Finally feeling better to make my Mojo Monday Sketch Card. Think I barely made it under the wire and now have to be ready for tomorrows' sketches from ShelbyWoo...the "Queen of Halloween"! You all think we MIGHT get a Halloween challenge thrown in there from her???LOLLOL

My #1 Sketch Card
:
Blue Circle Cut - Sophie Cartridge
Embossing - "Clock Works" and "Houndstooth" CuttleBug folders
Sentiment - CTMH Acrylic Stamp from Cricut Artist Cartridge "Kudos" Collection
Beige Circle - Accent Essentials Cartridge
Banner - Handmade...Don't look too close, I so dislike making Banners!
I added light brown Skittles. Both blue paper and blue-edged paper are from Recollections "The Romantic Collection" a gift from NanaDonna.
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:03:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#144 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:44:35 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
[b]Finally feeling better to make my Mojo Monday Sketch Card. Think I barely made it under the wire and now have to be ready for tomorrows' sketches from ShelbyWoo...the "Queen of Halloween"! You all think we MIGHT get a Halloween challenge thrown in there from her???LOLLOL

Halloween IS right around the corner and she IS the Halloween Queen! I guess it's safe to bet that she WILL give us a Halloween challenge BigGrin
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#145 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:46:09 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well... I've actually completed all of this week's sketch / challenges so I am now patiently awaiting the new challenge to begin!

Turtlebug:
you know I love blue so that's an automatic awesomeness on your card. It's so pretty! Great mixture of textures and dimensions
TurtleBug on 10/9/2012(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#146 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:01:21 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Proudmama61- What a lovely baby card! The colors are so soft and the border is fabulous with all of the little hearts which are set off nicely with the jewel hearts.

NanaDonna- Your snowflake is so lovely and the blue and white is just perfect for a snow card. The background paper almost makes me look forward to the first snow. However, we really do not get very much snow here is Lawton, OK—we usually get freezing rain-YUCK!

Sunnieday- Nice job on your tic tac toe card. I was not sure if I had done mine correctly either, but I believe we both got it right. It reminds me of fall time with the apples and the orange and red colors. My, oh, my what a huge spider with shining green eyes! I hope I do not run into him in the middle of the night!

LisaW-Love the color of those flowers. You did a great job on this card. I really like the ribbon laced through the paper at the bottom. I think you could place most any sentiment on it.

Deescraps- What a lovely mojo sketch card in yellow and navy blue! I really like the papers you chose for this composition. Great job!

Britishgirl-Very nice card! I am not sure if it is black and white or brown and white but either way it is a nice combination. I am glad I enlarge the picture and noticed the polka dot brads or buttons. They are definitely a very nice extra touch to the whole card.

Joanneorbash- Nice Halloween card. Rubbing the silver ink on the embossing was a great idea. Did you say the witch moves? How awesome is that!

Acrossthepond- Oh, I especially like that little paper rosette. That just really catches my eye. Great sentiment.

Raquel- Very eye catching gift bag with the big rosette flower. How fun will that be to give a gift! Love the polka dot paper as well!

Turtlebug- You have made a very nice card with some great embossing. You even used the ad colors!

Great job on the cards this week ladies. I am so glad that I got to make so many cards and worked in time to comment on your lovely creations. I believe I shall have a few minutes tomorrow to give my “recipe” for my little cake from my explosion box card I shared the other week. Nighty, night ladies!

2 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/9/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/10/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#147 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:37:41 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Turtlebug - great job on the Mojo Monday card. I love what you did with the papers and embossing. It looks like that Sophie came out great after all. So glad you are feeling better. Got to get revved up for those Halloween challenges from Shelby.
A great week for the challenge so glad to see all the creations
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/9/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#148 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:59:04 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
britishgirl
#1- AAHHHHH! Your signature Black and White! So pretty, simple, clean and crisp. Like the matching Brads and the layered scalloped circles. Beautiful!

joanneorbash
#1 - Very nice, like the silver inking of the embossing it really allows the embossing to stand out. Like the Witch, ready to add her potions to the cauldron for her Witch's Brew.

AcrossThePond
#1 - The BG print, to me, makes the rest of the cuts and embellies look like they are in 3-D. Really cool effect...anyone else see it that way? Like the mixture of prints and the flower. Very nice card.

Raquel
TTT Project - Love it, great B'day giftbag! Like the polkadots and the bright pink color. What are the diminsions of the purse when cut and all put together? I believe it qualifies for the TTT challenge.
 2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/10/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/10/2012(UTC)
cstanzione Offline
#149 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:50:32 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Joyful Carol Go to Quoted Post
Sandy- Love the embossing on your snowman card, but my favorite part is the little birdy sitting on that carrot nose. The ad colors are perfect for a snow card. Love the yellow and black together in your follow the mojo sketch card. I am glad I click to enlarge your picture so I could get a better view of the whole card. Nice use of the black and white paper on the pennant and the white butterfly is lovely against that sparkly black circle.

NanaDonna- Very nice Christmas using the tic-tac-toe. Really like the use of the buttons on this card.

TurtleBug-Lovely tic-tac-toe snowflake card. The colors are so lovely coming through on my computer screen. The embossing added much to this card and you did a great job with the pearls and other bling.

Proudmama61-Very pretty mojo sketch as a Christmas card in the red, green, and gold! No one would guess you used scraps to make this card!

Raquel- Love this mojo sketch in blue and white. The extra flourish is just perfect with that background paper—they look exactly the same shape!

Across the Pond- Nice red and black Birthday Wishes card. The stitching at the top is a very nice touch.
Good choice of papers on your Just Because Card-- they work very well together and the finishing touch with the button flowers in the corner is just perfect.

LisaW- I am just in love with that paisly paper circle. This is a great card for the mojo sketch.

DeeScraps- What a sweet snowman card! He is so cute I would bring him home to my house. Great job on the snowflakes as well. It would make a nice picture in a frame.

Cstanzione- Nice job on those past cards. Out of all three posts my favorite is the silhouette couple in front of the doily heart and the little roses are beautiful. Love those little angel ornaments. I may have to steal that idea! What is the size of the ornament heads? Do you think this is something my 4th- 6th grade Sunday School girls could make?

Bingolady- What a cute little tic tac toe tag!

Shelbywoo- nice layouts as always. One of these days you are going to inspire me to get to working on scrapbooking! Love that mojo card, too! The colors on it are very lovely.

Well, I will have to try to finish these comments from page 4 and 5 later for my son and his wife are coming for supper and I have got to move toward getting that accomplished.

JoyfulCarol-I think the kids should be able to make them they are very simple I'm gonna try and link the blog where i got the idea from.

http://chocolatecraftsan...l-ornament-tutorial.html
 2 users thanked cstanzione for this useful post.
Joyful Carol on 10/9/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/10/2012(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#150 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:10:51 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 664 post(s)
Sue thankyou for hosting and to all of you ladies wondweful cards.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/10/2012(UTC)