Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mandita208 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:23:17 AM(UTC)
mandita208

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Right now, I have a very small scrapbook room. This winter, my husband is going to build me a craft room in out unfinished basement, but it will take awhile because first he has to build steps going from the house to basement. Right now, the only way to get to the basement is through the garage.
Anyways, I have so much stuff and not enough space. I havent done anything is my room in month because I just have stuff piled everywhere. I need to get more organized so i can use my scrapbook room while I wait for my bigger craft room. I have shelves, cabinets, and jetmax cubes, but i still have stuff everywhere and dont know what to do with it all.
I just went through my room within the last month and got rid of tons of stuff i didnt want, so everything in there is stuff i use and want, so theres not really anything i can get rid of.

ANy suggestions for staying organized?
 1 user thanked mandita208 for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 9/20/2012(UTC)
Soshescraps Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:58:47 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1108 time(s) in 878 post(s)
I am not sure if I am much help but I just made a spreadsheet of all of my supplies. It list the name of the paper stacks, brand, theme, uses, and location. I plan on printing the lists out and posting them on a cork board. I also organize by theme. I have a couple crop in style binders that I use for stickers and embellishments. Get you a couple of the large storage containers that snap together for things like twine, glitter glue, pens, etc. I also have a ribbon keeper in one ig those containers.

Target has the nice size containers with lids tht I use for vinyl and scrap pieces of paper. I have my closet packed tightly! My space is about 10 by 10 and I definitely have out grown it. I still keep my cricut cartridges in their boxes and the seasonal carts that don't come in boxes are in the cricut zip binder. I find it much easier to work when I'm organized. It's just that getting organized and staying organized are two completely things!

Good luck
 4 users thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 9/20/2012(UTC), heart14329 on 9/20/2012(UTC), Emerald on 9/20/2012(UTC), wannaBscrappin' on 9/23/2012(UTC)
heart14329 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:47:03 PM(UTC)
heart14329

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Soshescraps Go to Quoted Post
I am not sure if I am much help but I just made a spreadsheet of all of my supplies. It list the name of the paper stacks, brand, theme, uses, and location. I plan on printing the lists out and posting them on a cork board. I also organize by theme. I have a couple crop in style binders that I use for stickers and embellishments. Get you a couple of the large storage containers that snap together for things like twine, glitter glue, pens, etc. I also have a ribbon keeper in one ig those containers.

Target has the nice size containers with lids tht I use for vinyl and scrap pieces of paper. I have my closet packed tightly! My space is about 10 by 10 and I definitely have out grown it. I still keep my cricut cartridges in their boxes and the seasonal carts that don't come in boxes are in the cricut zip binder. I find it much easier to work when I'm organized. It's just that getting organized and staying organized are two completely things!

Good luck

I love the spreadsheet idea for the DCWV stacks!!! I have, ummmmm, alot Laugh and I don't know half of them. That is a great idea. Thanks.
 1 user thanked heart14329 for this useful post.
wannaBscrappin' on 9/23/2012(UTC)
MarthaRoy Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 11:38:21 PM(UTC)
MarthaRoy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Go to The Scrap Rack web site and sign up for free organization challenge. She is great and you can use her ideas even if you do not have or do not want to purchase a Scrap Rack. You can also print out a workbook so you can have something "in hand" to help. Good luck
 1 user thanked MarthaRoy for this useful post.
LauraTous on 10/16/2012(UTC)
keysdeb Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:36:50 PM(UTC)
keysdeb

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I read somewhere that everything should be in a container and labeled. So that is what I am doing. It is working because everything is now separated. And the containers stack. I had a lot on hand already and picked up more containers at the dollar store.

Debra
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:21:14 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I have the same problem. I have a lot of stuff so when I saw your post it was great to see some these suggestions. I may have to rethink a few things because my space is in one small bedroom. It is combined in a kitchen area that my father built for me. I'm living with my parents now so space is tight. But we are in the process of looking for another place for me to live but in the between time I'm going nuts with the arrangements. I may have to do some of these suggestions in time. The dollar store especially the dollar trees around town offers a lot of basket ideas. Next time I'm in town as I live an hour away from anything I may have to pick up a few.

I understand the issues completely and it is irritating not to have things in their space. Sigh. Confused