Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KittyCAL Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:06:42 PM(UTC)
KittyCAL

Groups: Registered

I am trying to create a very large image. Is there a way to take an image and only cut half of it that way I can piece them together? I am trying to cut a dirt bike from the Dude cartridge, but need the tires to be around 4.5" (the size of a CD), which makes this image too large for the mat and the image will not cut. I have been playing in the Craft Room and cannot figure it out. Any suggestions would be grateful!
madgedfaad5fa2 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:46:41 AM(UTC)
madgedfaad5fa2

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
It is my understanding that in CCR u can ONLY cut as big as ur mat.. A CD size circle would fit on my Mini mat. I would just highlight it and expand it to the size i needed. But not the entire bike. I would break down the bike to as many pieces as possible to make the biggest piece as large as my mat would allow and then the corresponding pieces a relative size. Cut individually. Does that help any?
GayleWheaton1 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:24:09 AM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Crying I don't think that would be possible on CCR due to the fact that the Lite carts only have 4 'layers' - you can't try to break it any more than that. As far as I know, the only way to have a portion of a cut to cut (like the front half of the bike and then the back half later) is with the Gypsy [& Design Studio - I seem to remember having something too close to the edge and it stopped there & started again where the image was back in the cutting area of the mat].
I don't have Dude, but if you'd like, I can turn on my G and double check for you....
Gayle