Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
*NanaDonna* Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:37:38 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2618 time(s) in 1376 post(s)
Carol, thanks so much for the cake instructions that is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I wish I could print out all the pictures so I can make one someday. The way you decorated yours is fabulous.

Never mind ha ha I got it all printed out

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:43:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:57:52 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 657 post(s)
Well here is my # 1 sketch
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch 053.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 10/13/2012(UTC)
SHELBYWOO Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:17:29 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

Was thanked: 360 time(s) in 249 post(s)
great job with that sketch bingolady!! love those colors!!
SandyPalmer Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:49:59 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Michelle, love those black and white striped papers! I also love how you embossed Frankie's hair! Love that card! Oh, pretty ad color card too! Love the crisp feel of the card, and love that flower!

Carol, wow, that still looks like a lot of work! Amazing, and thank you so much for taking the time to show us how you made it!

BingoLady, pretty colors and paper! Nice layering on your flower too!
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO on 10/10/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:52:20 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hi all,
Just thought I'd pop on before I go out. Taking a trip to a little craft shop close by (fancy a treat) as all my housework is doneBigGrin .
Work was so slow last night as was the night before, I think people are hanging on to their money more and more. Still tonight should be better as Thursdays always are.

Sandy - Great card for your Dad. Like how you used those sprockets and the burlap background. Yours is much nicer than mine.

Shelby - Love your cute monster card and yes his hair is fab. Lovely ad colour card...you threw in a curve ball there with that one.

Carol - Thanks for the info on your cake recipe, yours looks good enough to eat.

Bingolady - Love how your card has come out for #1. Super colours.

Sue

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:53:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Suevan911 Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:34:59 AM(UTC)
Suevan911

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Shelby-
Thanks for hosting! I knew when I was able to log on and see you were hosting, it would include Orange and Black cards! LOL
Love the sketches! All of your cards so far have been great. I love the paper on the 1st one, background..so me! I love the pink and black zebra..and the feathers…ooolala….baby…cute! The monster card is so stinkin cute….I may have to get out my mini monster cart, that I have NEVER used.
Oh…hope you are feeling better today you can play!

Sue-
Great card for your sons buddy. I love the papers, so masculine! Great sentiment also.

Sandy-
#3 love the clock, and the background paper…way way cool!

JoyfulCarol-
Great wedding cake, thanks for sharing. So much easier than it looks! Gonna try it!

Bingolady-
#1 Great job, I do love the background paper too, so bright and cheery!

Now off to create, play and uninteruppted fun for a few hours...I hope!
 2 users thanked Suevan911 for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/11/2012(UTC), SHELBYWOO on 10/11/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#37 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:17:49 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Well that was a nice little trip out.
I picked up some white card to make card blanks and some Drool Drool LUSH ribbon too. It is antique gold in colour, sheer crinkle edge and crushed satin both 1 1/2 wide.

Just finished a lovely long chat with my best friend so now maybe a play!!

Raq - hope the car made it through its service, mine is in need of some attention as every now and then it won't startScared usually when I am late leaving for work.

Sue
SHELBYWOO Offline
#38 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:32:26 AM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

Sue so glad you got to go out and do a lil shopping and actually found some goodies! We will all be waiting on the edge of our seats to see what you make with it all! :)

I have the weekend off and found some Michaels coupons that look promising so I might just have to go take a trip to Austin!!! :) darn the luck, lol.....i also will be trying to get a whole bunch of cards and such made for a craft/whatever sale at my DH gma's apt complex on the 20th, the MIL and i thought we'd have a lil fun and see if we could make a lil bit money! :) I guess in the end no matter how much we make we have a good time and enjoy it together! :)

Ok ladies get busy ready to see lots to comment on when i get back from work today!!!!
SHELBYWOO Offline
#39 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:42:53 AM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

Ok i just had to share these with you cause they are too funny and figured who couldnt use a good chuckle on a Thursday morning lol I had seen these on Pinterest I think and so me and MIL are going to be making some up to sell. The Franken one is actually going to a friends kiddo as believe it or not that is the only green MnM's in one medium bag of them LOL just my luck! we also decided to go with the smaller bags just cause it mainly for the cuteness effect....oh and we will have hot choc packets that go with them! :) and the devil ones will be filled with hot tamale candy...i figured anything i dont sell well can give to my employees at work :) my bigger task will be by christmas to have over 100 for all my employees for gifts an assortment of angel, santa, and reindeer poo bags! :) gotta love this idea whomever created it!! :)

2 users thanked SHELBYWOO for this useful post.
cstanzione on 10/11/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 10/13/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:48:25 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Good Morning all - I did get to work on sketch #1 yesterday but didn't get it finished because out 17 years old granddaughter and her boyfriend came over for dinner last night. Love It was a fun night, we so enjoy having company. I love to cook so I made a new recipe Orange Glazed Chicken,Drool it was yummy.

I picked out papers for the ad colors and it was Halloween and was going to start that card and then I told my self "Self you have so so many birthday cards to make you CAN not spend the time on a Halloween card" then me again "but I love this paper and it will work so well for sketch #2 and the ad colors" and me again "just put those papers away right now and at least get ONE of the birthday cards done that you need to and THEN we will talk about it again" GEEZZZEEE...........my head was spinning after that

So we shall see what SHE says after I finish this birthday card. (man do I really have to talk to her again about thisConfused )
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:21:43 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
AcrossThePond wrote:
Raq - hope the car made it through its service, mine is in need of some attention as every now and then it won't startScared usually when I am late leaving for work.

Sue

Well what a morning I had with bringing my car in for service. I went for an oil change and the lock on the driver side door was sticking so I figured to get that fix as well. I was just going to wait for it but they said it could take hours. I got a rental and went to the Michael's across the street and I also got a pedicure... still no phone call. They finally called and said they needed to order a part for the door and it won't be ready until tomorrow early afternoon Crying ... so I went grocery shopping instead Flapper

Well, I guess I'll be driving around this convertible they lent me for another day. Too bad it's scorching hot outside! Glare It will be good for the late afternoon / early evening though

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:22:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:24:42 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

BingoLady: what a great paper you found for that card. That's an awesome color combination. I believe Dee had given us something similar to those in the past. I love how you criss-crossed the ribbons and paper strips. Well done!

SHELBYWOO: ok, those are so cute! LOVE the treat bags. Good luck selling them too. Share the Christmas ones once you make them
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO on 10/11/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:29:56 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I was going to post this last night but I didn't realize how tired I was and fell asleep putting the little one to bed Blushing

I am also entering this for my JustRite Friday Challenge

Sketch 2

Cartridge used: Home Decor

Yes, Donna... hah hah! My favorite flourish is on this card too! I know... I know... I need to give love to my other cartridges

I made a matching envelop as you can see beneath the card... sort of ironic since the card will never fit in it with that bulky flower Flapper

sunnieday Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:25:03 PM(UTC)
sunnieday

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 224 post(s)
Ill be back later to do some comments. Just posting and running.. story of my life lately.

only one is working so Ill do the other later as well. ooops sketch 1.

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:26:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked sunnieday for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:32:26 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I forgot to mention that I had "flipped" sketch 2

sunnieday: very pretty card... the green definitely reminds me of you. Yes, please do come back soon and fill us in what whatever you are willing to share. You've been gone so long! I've missed you!
SandyPalmer Offline
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:15:09 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Sue, envious of the lush ribbon you found! Glad you had a nice trip out and actually found something good to bring home with you! Get working on your blog! Tongue

Michelle, love those little goodie bags! I am sure they will sell! Hope the sales go good for you and your MIL! Making a little extra cash is always good!

Donna, I know exactly how you feel! Mine though is torn between crafting and things I need to get done around the house! I haven't at all worked on another single card, but I keep telling myself that I need to go in the craft room and get busy! I want too, but there is other priorities that seem to keep coming up! I keep thinking, there is always tomorrow, lol!

Raquel, ok Missy, you never told me that you were driving in a convertible! Wow, that's an amazing rental car!!! Poor you, having to drive in such a nice car! Tongue Oohla,la to your JR card! Love those colors together! I always love when you add flowers, so beautiful! Perfect touch with the butterfly!

Sunnie, I know how you feel and I haven't left the house today at all, lol! The past two days have been crazy though even still! Very nice looking sketch 1! What cart did the potted plant come from? Like what you did with it!
 3 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/11/2012(UTC), SHELBYWOO on 10/11/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/14/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:17:34 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 956 time(s) in 618 post(s)
ShelbyWoo,
Thanks for Hosting this week and for the very nice sketches, looking forward to getting them done. And, of course, the Halloween Challenge!
My two DGC were here for a few hours this morning, so I asked them to pick some cuts from the Mini-Monster to decorate their windows at home and this is what they picked. They had just started working on them when my Daughter came to pick them up...they were NOT very happy campers....so being the nice Nana that I am, I told them that I would finish them for them. I am going to surprise them and take the items to their house for when they get home from soccer pratice tonight.

My Ad Color and Halloween Challenge:
(Thanks Shelby for the inspiration and Dee for the very useful Ad Color Challenge this week! ...I'm surprising them also with the "Ghostly Poo" project)

Sienna picked the Witch, Broom and cauldron and leave to a boy to pick Monsters, as of course Joey did....,.gotta LOVE our Grandchildren!!Wub Wub

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:22:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO on 10/11/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 10/13/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:03:51 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Wow great job Josie - how fun to have the kids to pick out the cuts. They did a fabulous job! They will be so surprised to get the ghost poopLaugh Laugh
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/11/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:19:59 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I will be back tomorrow to make my comments. I was freaking out right now as when I went to type my comments my keyboard on my laptop would NOT work. I just spent the last hour trying to figure it out.
Finally figured out what it was but not sure how it happened, so too frustrated right now to do my comments will try and do them tomorrow
TurtleBug Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:50:03 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 956 time(s) in 618 post(s)
I AM SO %@#$^&&*&^ MAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just spent TWO hours commenting and right when I was down to Raquel's Post #43 and my second to last comment and POOF!! it ALL disappeared, THEN it said I was logged in, but yet would not let me post. NO WAY am I starting over.

Ladies, I'm sorry but please know that I looked at ALL your cards and they are ALL so pretty, cute, beautiful, ispirational and creative. You all did awesome work. I will pick up on Post #43 where I left off on my commenting. And, I do hit the "copy" button every so often when commenting and sure enough one of the times I didn't...I lost it all...uurrrggghhh!!

Everyone, please have a good evening and goodnight!
SHELBYWOO Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:44:12 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

hey ladies will be back tomorrow oh wait looks at clock....later today lol.....to fully comment, got home late and a huge case of the blahs kicked in and did nothing but get comfy and watch tv. hoping will see lots more to comment on!

happy friday to all!
BingoLady Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:46:04 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

My ad color sketch close as I came to # 2
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch and ad colors 002.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:00:08 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Sandy, nice Dad card,like the clock.

Shelby, nice cards, love the one with the Frankenstin face it is so cute.

Carol, wonderful center pieces you made.

Raquel, wonderful card, love all the colors and the middle decor came out so pretty.

Sunnieday, nice card hope to see some more.

Turtlbug, love them all , they are so cute.
 3 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/12/2012(UTC), TurtleBug on 10/12/2012(UTC), SHELBYWOO on 10/13/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#54 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 6:54:13 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Joyful Carol wrote:
You asked so here is my "Cake Recipe" for the 4" explosion box card I made. I tried to take some pictures to bring clarity to any instructions.
Ingredients: one 3 1/2" circle for the base or plate, one 3" circle, one 2 1/2"circle, and one 2" circle for the top of each layer, three 1 1/4" wide strips for the layers (you will need one 9 3/4" long, one 8 1/4" long, and one 6 1/2" long.

Take the 1 1/4" wide strips and by overlapping the ends about 1/2" form a circle that will correspond to each top. Glue these ends together. Center each circle strip on top of their corresponding top. On the inside, use a hot glue gun to glue around the circle strips where they meet the tops. You should now have three separate layers.

Quickly run a bead of hot glue around the open edge of large layer and center on the 3 1/2" base, press down lightly to stick them together. Follow the same procedure for the middle and top layers. (I like to line up the seams.)

Your cake is now ready to decorate. Your decorations will hide any hot glue or imperfections!

How did I miss this? LOL! Bottom of page 1... go figure. OMG! Carol this is amazing and thank you so much for sharing this nice step by step tutorial!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#55 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 6:59:49 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Good morning everyone! I'm still waiting for my car to finish up but I also have a follow-up appointment for my son's arm. Hopefully, this will be the last visit and last set of x-rays taken of his little elbow BigGrin

I'm currently working on sketch 3 as I patiently wait for my day to get super hectic Glare

Turtlebug:
those are so cute and love the treat bag. Share a picture once the others are done too? Love all those little cut outs

BingoLady:
awesome job tackling the Ad colors on a great card. Love that cat!

Alright... with all the pictures of the treat bags, I'm going to have to find some time to make some too so I can put them in my kids' lunch boxes
TurtleBug on 10/12/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#56 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 7:01:11 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
I AM SO %@#$^&&*&^ MAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just spent TWO hours commenting and right when I was down to Raquel's Post #43 and my second to last comment and POOF!! it ALL disappeared, THEN it said I was logged in, but yet would not let me post. NO WAY am I starting over.

Ladies, I'm sorry but please know that I looked at ALL your cards and they are ALL so pretty, cute, beautiful, ispirational and creative. You all did awesome work. I will pick up on Post #43 where I left off on my commenting. And, I do hit the "copy" button every so often when commenting and sure enough one of the times I didn't...I lost it all...uurrrggghhh!!

Everyone, please have a good evening and goodnight!

This happens way too often, so I just make my comments on Notepad first then copy everything over when I'm ready to post. That way, if the forum decides to crash out on me... I still have everything I typed on the Notepad

Edited by user Friday, October 12, 2012 7:01:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because of a typo :)

Suevan911 Offline
#57 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 7:28:56 AM(UTC)
Suevan911

RAQ-
Hope you get your car figured out soon, it can be so irritating, however I would say you made out pretty good..LOL
#2 love it…pretty colors, I do recognize the spellbinders, I just got it not to long ago. Do you have a problem with the little papers sticking in the die? Kinda bugs me..LOL

Sunnie-
#1 yup…shes back..LOL Just think in a few short weeks all the hustle and bustle will be over, and you will be left with the mess to clean up the day after…..Heehee…enjoy your short time left before the big day .

Turtlebug-
I also had that problem many times this past winter….so frustrating, so I now do a word doc, and copy/paste it…much safer.
Ghost poo….cute!! Cute…cute….and I LOVE ALL THE EMBOSSING on the monsters…so adorable…the little stars. And the bumps..heheheh

Bingolady-
#2 cute little scary cat, are those wiggle eyes? Great job.
 1 user thanked Suevan911 for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Suevan911 Offline
#58 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 7:35:44 AM(UTC)
Suevan911

#2 Im not usually to much into the Halloween stuff, but I thought this paper was cute, Pretty basic easy card. Its from Graphic 45 and Apple Cider by imaginisce. Cant see the black velvet zigzag ribbon on the side, but its there.The button and ghost from my stash..

Edited by user Friday, October 12, 2012 8:51:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Suevan911 for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#59 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 7:45:28 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Suevan911 wrote:
RAQ-
Hope you get your car figured out soon, it can be so irritating, however I would say you made out pretty good..LOL
#2 love it…pretty colors, I do recognize the spellbinders, I just got it not to long ago. Do you have a problem with the little papers sticking in the die? Kinda bugs me..LOL

On some dies, yes. Especially the little thin ones but the die itself provides tiny little holes you can poke the paper out... LOL! It's great to see you back here! I've missed you and your humor... an of course your cards

Edited by user Friday, October 12, 2012 7:46:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because... just because...

Suevan911 on 10/12/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#60 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 7:47:34 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Suevan911: ooops... missed your card while I was quoting you. HAH! Great card! Love the Alice in Wonderland image here. What a great image to use for Halloween. Love the stripes too!
Suevan911 on 10/12/2012(UTC)