Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
everettmom Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:50:31 PM(UTC)
everettmom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cricut Lisa Go to Quoted Post
It looks like we are experiencing some technical difficulties tonight. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have contacted our IT department and hope to have the CraftRoom up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cricut Lisa

Thank goodness.. i thought something was wrong with my laptop
Candy Coated Party Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:52:14 PM(UTC)
Candy Coated Party

United States

Yay! it works! You are my life savor LISA!!! Thanks!
gregorysmom9c22b080 Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:43:04 AM(UTC)
gregorysmom9c22b080

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Still not working for me!!!

Thank you PCGena for replying, I have and tried everything on your list. Now this morning, I just get a blank white screen instead of the green initializing loop. About to give up on ever using Craftroom. I'm wasting way too much time trying to get it to work and messing with all my computer settings is starting to make me nervous. If there is ever a solution, please post. I'll keep my eye on this tread.
~Pamela~ Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:42:24 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gregorysmom9c22b080 Go to Quoted Post
Still not working for me!!!

Thank you PCGena for replying, I have and tried everything on your list. Now this morning, I just get a blank white screen instead of the green initializing loop. About to give up on ever using Craftroom. I'm wasting way too much time trying to get it to work and messing with all my computer settings is starting to make me nervous. If there is ever a solution, please post. I'll keep my eye on this tread.

Have you ever been able to log in. I find that it is a very unstable program. I meet all the requirements and I am using a two month old macbook air and still have problems. Sometime I have to shut down the program three or four time and restart it before it actually open properly. That is very frustrating when you have time limits. Just don't give up yet! If you ever get it working you will love using it. I just wish they could do something more about the stability!
justinefilapek740b89ce Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:52:32 PM(UTC)
justinefilapek740b89ce

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Angry Ever since I downloaded the update, I've had the same problem. Vista has at least been telling me the problem is with CCRBridge.exe. Windows is blocking this from being installed - does not matter if your virus software is running or not.

I'm angry because when I called tech support last night I was told the problem was with my virus software. No questions asked. No mention that this was already a known problem.

If you can't fix the problem with the update more quickly, then at least post the old version that worked just fine so we can access our PURCHASED digital cartridges that are not available to use now.
 1 user thanked justinefilapek740b89ce for this useful post.
SharonPruit on 12/6/2012(UTC)
STW Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:38:18 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: justinefilapek740b89ce Go to Quoted Post
Angry Ever since I downloaded the update, I've had the same problem. Vista has at least been telling me the problem is with CCRBridge.exe. Windows is blocking this from being installed - does not matter if your virus software is running or not.

I'm angry because when I called tech support last night I was told the problem was with my virus software. No questions asked. No mention that this was already a known problem.

If you can't fix the problem with the update more quickly, then at least post the old version that worked just fine so we can access our PURCHASED digital cartridges that are not available to use now.

I had all of these same problems........it's THE UPDATE not your software that has the problems. I had all the same software and CCR was working fine, until I updated it. After going round and round, PC sent me a link to the previous version of CCR and I re-installed the earlier version and it's working fine for me again. PROOF - it's the UPDATE that's wonky. PC should have NEVER released the update without working out the kinks....the mb is full of postings of problems with this update.

Here's the link they sent me for version 151:
http://craftroom.cricut....Cricut-CraftRoom_151.exe

HTH!
 3 users thanked STW for this useful post.
TamiLincoln on 9/21/2012(UTC), angiehache9369c37180 on 1/3/2013(UTC), leavittbunny9a65df0e on 1/24/2013(UTC)
TamiLincoln Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 9:22:06 AM(UTC)
TamiLincoln

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: STW Go to Quoted Post
I had all of these same problems........it's THE UPDATE not your software that has the problems. I had all the same software and CCR was working fine, until I updated it. After going round and round, PC sent me a link to the previous version of CCR and I re-installed the earlier version and it's working fine for me again. PROOF - it's the UPDATE that's wonky. PC should have NEVER released the update without working out the kinks....the mb is full of postings of problems with this update.

Here's the link they sent me for version 151:
http://craftroom.cricut....Cricut-CraftRoom_151.exe

HTH!

Thanks for sharing this link. Mine has not worked since I did the update 2 weeks ago. I downloaded your link, and just like that....it's working just fine. I agree...it's the last update.
Nanny Donna's Corner Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:47:51 AM(UTC)
Nanny Donna's Corner

Canada

What a way to spend a Sat. Trying to get the craftroom up and running on my computer. Even to my patient hubby tried. Nope. A big fat nothing...should of just spent the time actually doing something productive.Confused
CricutGena Offline
#39 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 12:09:53 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Nanny Donna's Corner, What issues are you experiencing? We would love to help you in any way possible.
-PCGena
craft-mommy Offline
#40 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 3:04:39 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nanny Donna's Corner Go to Quoted Post
What a way to spend a Sat. Trying to get the craftroom up and running on my computer. Even to my patient hubby tried. Nope. A big fat nothing...should of just spent the time actually doing something productive.Confused

I'm in the same boat as you, my hubby did everything to try and get it to work and it stilln't working. My is staying on the accessing your acct screen.
damour9936c23d07 Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 3:31:30 PM(UTC)
damour9936c23d07

I am having the same issue mine is stuck at the accessing your account page.
craft-mommy Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 5:00:59 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: damour9936c23d07 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same issue mine is stuck at the accessing your account page.

I have been trying to get past that part since Friday but I'm not going to be sending my whole weekend trying to get it to work so I'm going to call the 1-800-number to see if I can get some help to why it wont go past that page for me as well. Good luck!
artymrs97cf7f03 Offline
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:51:10 AM(UTC)
artymrs97cf7f03

Blushing I too am pulling my hair out, it is so anoying as it did work for a time.
sorry I cannot help but tried everything and got different problems each time, going to give up now as my head is about to explode xx
mikayla82ca5f3a5acc Offline
#44 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 5:22:02 PM(UTC)
mikayla82ca5f3a5acc

Did anyone get it to work yet? After purchasing well over 1k worth of stuff from them in the last year, this is a huge slap in the face. I've been trying for 2 weeks now. I've uninstalled, attempted to use an older version and even tried my laptop. (Instead of my desk top) Anyone having any luck?
curious george II Offline
#45 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:08:01 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mikayla82ca5f3a5acc Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone get it to work yet? After purchasing well over 1k worth of stuff from them in the last year, this is a huge slap in the face. I've been trying for 2 weeks now. I've uninstalled, attempted to use an older version and even tried my laptop. (Instead of my desk top) Anyone having any luck?

Hello Mikayla,

Okay the best way I have found to solve my problem was to start from scratch and clear everything thing off. . . then I had someone help me install step by step but in order for them to do that they had to know some things about my systems. . .

Do you have a PC or a Mac?
What version of Windows are you running if it is a PC?
What virus protection do you use?
What machines (circut) do you have?

Once I find out that stuff I can help you hopefully find a fix to your problem

Curious II
pamela.groleau5fba5c34 Offline
#46 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:58:54 PM(UTC)
pamela.groleau5fba5c34

I am trying the Cricut Craft Room for the first time. I am stuck in the "Initializing Cricut Craft Room" screen. Can someone help me? I have an Expression 2. Confused
linico3baa4ae48 Offline
#47 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:15:11 PM(UTC)
linico3baa4ae48

I am having the same problem. It worked a few weeks ago and now when i click on the icon, i get a box that says "CCRBridge.exe has stopped working" and then my program just says "Initializing Cricut Craft Room". It's been doing this all day.

I even contacted my anti-virus support people and they dont know what to do.

I have rebooted many times and un-installed and re-installed this program at least twice now.

I have a PC, i use Windows 7, i use Norton antivirus, and i have a Cricut Expression

Edited by user Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:17:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kimyoung3438746c1c2 Offline
#48 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:24:49 PM(UTC)
kimyoung3438746c1c2

I'm still having this issue...
I have all the PC requirements, I have "allowed" all Cricut based programs etc that I can. HELP! I'm so close to shipping this thing back... Crying And i was so excited to be getting it!
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:56:08 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Do you guys have high speed internet?
CherylG Offline
#50 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:17:22 PM(UTC)
CherylG

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have never had problems with CCR ... until now. I tried to open my CCR and it started initializing and just hung there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and still nothing.

I went to run Cricut Sync since I have not done that for a few months and now I cannot get the sync to work.

Very frustrating.
CricketCMV Offline
#51 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:24:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: linico3baa4ae48 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem. It worked a few weeks ago and now when i click on the icon, i get a box that says "CCRBridge.exe has stopped working" and then my program just says "Initializing Cricut Craft Room". It's been doing this all day.

I even contacted my anti-virus support people and they dont know what to do.

I have rebooted many times and un-installed and re-installed this program at least twice now.

I have a PC, i use Windows 7, i use Norton antivirus, and i have a Cricut Expression

linico - Are you on a newer computer? I was wondering how much RAM you have. I am using a newer Windows 7 64-Bit, Norton, Expression.........maybe we can work together to see if I can do what you can't do on your computer. We could PM each other for a few days or a week (if you work during the day) and using the SAME cartridges that we both own, we could try a few things and see if our computers are working the same.

Want to try?

Char
linico3baa4ae48 Offline
#52 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 7:29:28 PM(UTC)
linico3baa4ae48

My computer is over a year old.

I have 5GB of RAM
64-bit

I wanted to try getting digital cartridges because the ones i need are hard to find. I have a huge project to do for work and i am having to find other ways to get the images i want.

I work during the day. I will try calling support tomorrow at work
CricketCMV Offline
#53 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 7:57:41 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: linico3baa4ae48 Go to Quoted Post
My computer is over a year old.

I have 5GB of RAM
64-bit

I wanted to try getting digital cartridges because the ones i need are hard to find. I have a huge project to do for work and i am having to find other ways to get the images i want.

I work during the day. I will try calling support tomorrow at work

I hope they can help you. You have plenty of RAM; that's for sure.

Char
motherhen5183dac276b8 Offline
#54 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 8:13:58 PM(UTC)
motherhen5183dac276b8

I've been downloading Cricut Sync for about 1 1/2 hours is this normal?
Narelle Offline
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:11:08 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
There seems to be no rhyme or reason why some people get stuck at the Initializing screen and some don't.

I was at a crop a couple of weeks ago where the venue gave us free wi-fi internet access.

Some people were able to login no problem and some couldn't.

I think it's a combination of what anti-virus/firewall programs you have on your computer (don't forget to turn off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall from the Control Panel if you're using other anti-virus/firewall programs), computer speed, modem (download & upload) speed, how much other "stuff" you have installed on your computer that might be bogging it down and whether the planets are aligned or not.

There's no reason why CCR shouldn't work for everyone (apart from those that are using Satellite or Dial Up internet) but it will take persistence to work out what the particular problem is with each computer.

For those of you who have a laptop you might want to try taking it to a friends house and connecting to their internet and see if you can access CCR from there. That will at least narrow down the possibilities of where the problem might lie.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:13:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/28/2012(UTC)
CherylG Offline
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:58:13 AM(UTC)
CherylG

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I replied earlier and since then my wonderful hubby has fixed the problem on our computer. I had done the update and was using CCR with no problem. Then yesterday I tried and got the "initializing" loop.

Well, we changed our anti virus software to Bitdefender a few weeks ago and that was the problem for us. My hubby contacted them and they sent him the "fix", which deals with the exclusions part of the software. I will paste what was sent and what was done, but please know this is with using Bitdefender Anti Virus software ONLY!

The following is to fix the Cricut Craftroom initialization spin when using Bitdefender. The Operating system is Windows 7.

To manage the situation you are encountering we recommend you to add the
application in the Exclusions list as follows:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.
2. Click the "Settings" button on the upper toolbar.
3. In the "Settings Overview" window, select Antivirus.
4. In the "Antivirus Settings" window, select the Exclusions tab.
5. Make sure "Exclusions for files" is turned on by clicking the switch.
6. Click the "Excluded files and folders" link.
7. Click the "Add" button, located at the top of the exclusions table.
8. Click "Browse", select the folder that you want to be excluded from
scanning. Make sure it's excluded for "both" on-access and "on-demand"
scanning and then click OK.
c:\program files (x86)\cricut-craft room
9. Click "Add" and then click OK to save the changes and close the window.
10. Then click on "Excluded processes", add the .exe file of the application
and make sure it is "Allowed" > click "Add" and then on Close.
c:\program files (x86)\cricut-craft room\ccrbridge.exe
Recheck if the application works.

Again, this is for Bitdefender Anti Virus software ONLY!

I hope this helps those of you having problems with the Bitdefender anti virus software and CCR.

Cheryl BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:59:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked CherylG for this useful post.
Narelle on 10/16/2012(UTC), kaschuett4132ab53 on 12/8/2012(UTC)
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:47:39 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

For some strange reason Advast does not work with CCR. I have called them I know three times to have them help me with trying to set up an exception but to no avail. I have a windows based vista operating system 64-bit machine and when I had no luck with Advast I switched my virus protection to AVG and I have no problem. I have logged on successfully every since then. For some reason, and after talking with three different people from Advast they can not tell me why Advast does not work with CCR. I have heard people from AVG, Nortons, Bitdefender, McAfee, and Kapersky have found solutions to there anti-virus exceptions but not too many people have been having success with Advast. That is just my experiences with those two different virus programs.

Curious II

Also. . . as CherylG posted the way to add exceptions to the virus protection works similarly with most virus protections. You have to just find where your exception files is located and add the .exe files to the exceptions. Not all of these solutions are going to work for all because the difference of the mechanics of your computers but if you have changed your virus protection lately or if you internet speed have changed or you have changed anything with your internet provider make sure that you have high internets speed. Sometimes our providers do not tell you when you change your plan for a lower rate (cost) that sometimes the internet speed are often lowered causing the slow log-ons and for some people no log-on at all.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:58:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Needed to add some information

momwithopec7c2db81 Offline
#58 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:24:55 AM(UTC)
momwithopec7c2db81

Mad Initializing and initializing over and over. Everyone complained a month ago and I still can't get Craft Room to Install. Where are my saved projects? Where are my cartridges. The holidays are here and I am stuck looking at the initializing screen
LauraEbeth Offline
#59 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:52:54 AM(UTC)
LauraEbeth

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: momwithopec7c2db81 Go to Quoted Post
Mad Initializing and initializing over and over. Everyone complained a month ago and I still can't get Craft Room to Install. Where are my saved projects? Where are my cartridges. The holidays are here and I am stuck looking at the initializing screen

What is your anti-virus. I called this morning, and she kinda helped me get mine up and running again by changing some settings in my Norton 360.

• Ensure the customer has added / allowed all of the following items to their Firewall:
• Cricut Design Studio (only needed if using CDS)
• Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
• CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder)

and then, this video can show you how to allow exceptions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-jzNKtY3z0
 2 users thanked LauraEbeth for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/17/2012(UTC), marcydooley814def5d on 11/9/2012(UTC)
tellemonstar20026e6cf6ad Offline
#60 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:26:04 AM(UTC)
tellemonstar20026e6cf6ad

Curious II - I have avast as my antivirus. I was having the same problem with it being stuck on intitializing too. I used the tip provided in an earlier post in this thread, and I opened CCR whilst pressing CTRL as I double-clicked it program in my start menu. I didn't release CTRL until after I saw CCR initializing, and so far it is behaving itself.
Hope this helps someone. :D