Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Suevan911 Offline
#121 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 7:37:35 AM(UTC)
Suevan911

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Dee-
Thanks for the information on the metal plate, I will try to find one. Sorry to hear the house incident. Losing something of your moms, so terrible. I don’t know how people can justify taking someone elses property….just get a real job huh? Your anniversary card for your hubby is so cute. Love the little critters.. Great card for your son also. Chevron is so popular now.

Britishgirl-
#3 is so cute, love the embellie with the web….I don’t think the white looks out of place at all.

RAQ-
Hope your eye is ok~!!!!
#3 yes, you have been busy. I love that you used all the same stack of papers, and from that long ago. I am trying to do that with my big stacks..(12x12s) Especially nice for use with envies.
Your treat bags are just adorable. Love all the details on them!! So cute.
BTB card, hmmm…a flourish? LOL love it!

Shelby-
love the pumpkins!!! Are they layered? Oh..and the twine…love. so fall…love the leaves! Looks like it does here in MI

Gisele-
#3 love the use of the old earring. It adds just the right touch. So cute.
#1 great Christmas card, love the vintage feel to it.
#2 wow, love the colors, all the details, just make it stunning..so pretty.
The Halloween card….well..that is the cutest witch I have ever seen….LOL

LisaW-
#2 that little ghost is so cute..made me smile!!
#3 great birthday card. Love the paper coordination.

Sandy-
Love love love your Sheri project this week. The bow is exquisite. Love…

Acrossthepond-
#2 love love love this card, the colors, But most of all, I love the dot paper, and the border…so pretty.

Nana-
#3 Great card, I love the touch of green on it…Just pops out…

I'm going to try to finish a couple cards today. Was busy all weekend. Just so busy, like everyone else.

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2012 7:59:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked Suevan911 for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/15/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/15/2012(UTC), Gisele on 10/16/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#122 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 11:33:01 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
NanaDonna - Great Halloween card, love your paper choice.

Dee - What a lovely anniversary card you made your DH. OhMyGodI just LOVE your card for your son "I love ewe"

Raquel - More great cards for your son's photo. Just love the "give thanks" card for the BBTB2 challenge. Hope your eye is better.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/15/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#123 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 11:54:32 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello again! Just a quick update since I just got back from the doctor's office. No damage to my cornea... YAY! Just some busted blood vessels that is causing all the irritation and burning sensation. I have to keep my eyes moisturized with artificial tears for now though so I'm heading off for a bit of a nap Flapper

Thanks all! I'll be crafting later! No busted eye is going to keep me from that
TurtleBug Offline
#124 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 12:25:47 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 956 time(s) in 618 post(s)
Hi Ladies,
Back from the Soccer Tournament in Phoenix. I am SO far behind on posting my comments and have not even made ONE sketch yet...so it was either comment or make the sketches. So, if you Ladies don't mind I will make my cards and post them instead.
All the cards and projects were really great this week and I enjoyed looking (and scraplifting Shelby's)at them...you are ALL so talented!
So, I am in my craft room and will not leave it until my three cards are done.....be back soon, I hope!LOL
Suevan911 Offline
#125 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 12:59:36 PM(UTC)
Suevan911

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 141 post(s)

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, needed to make a few cards for family members...
My mom died 3 years ago at age 67..from breast cancer.

4x6 card stock for base, and 2 other layers

Paper- Bazzill Breast Cancer Awareness Papers (inked papers-they come white)

Sentiments- Home Decor, Wall Decor and More, and George

Cartoche- Sweethearts cartridge, cut from vellum and edges inked in black

crystals,feathers and ribbons from stash..

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2012 1:09:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

britishgirl Offline
#126 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:21:18 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
here is my take on Number 2 i used Storybook and new arrival
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
use this one.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#127 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:22:00 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 657 post(s)
Dee, what adorable cards, love the little couple and the Mom with her baby
they came out so adorable.

Sue, lovely card, I,m sure your Mom is watching from up above and saying
what a beautiful card.
BingoLady Offline
#128 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:25:08 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Britishg, sorry I missed you and your wonderful baby card.
TurtleBug Offline
#129 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 2:31:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch #1 Card:

Embossing - Darice "Baby" folder
Corners - Fiskar "Heart" corner punch
Border - MS border punch, added light pink ribbon to top edge
Sentiment - The "Baby" and "For You" envelope is a pre-made embellishment with a square of Tulle under it to which I added the small green Bling. I attached 2 pins to the Tulle. I added green Bling to the corner hearts and pink and lavander ribbon...Sorry, no Cricut!
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2012 2:32:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#130 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 4:25:17 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Look out Ladies....I'm on ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!LOL

My #2 Sketch Card:

Squares and Circles - Plantin Schoolbook Catridge
Seniment - CTMH acrylic stamp from the Cricut "Word Balloons" Collection
embossing - "Tiny Bubbles" and "Houndstooth" CuttleBug folders
I added semi-sheer black ribbon to the border and gold brads, but they showed silver(???)
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2012 4:26:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#131 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 4:28:08 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2618 time(s) in 1376 post(s)
Yeah, I got #2 done. I really like this sketchBigGrin Papers and canvas flower sticker is from CTMH Clementine paper pack. The label was cut using Art Philosophy and the dark orange background with the scalloped border I made using Art Philosophy and CCR.
OK my question to all of you is, should I put the rain drop dots in the other corner of the label or just leave it as isConfused Huh this is why it takes me so long to make a card. ha ha. Although at least I got it all done in one dayBigGrin

*NanaDonna* Offline
#132 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 4:40:46 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2618 time(s) in 1376 post(s)
OK now to comment.

Dee - adorable image I love the card you made for your hubby. WOW #3 that background paper makes you dizzy ha ha but it is perfect and I love it, way to use those ad colors

Sandy - I put my Halloween card on at MSC Thanks

Raquel - so sorry to hear about your ey, just glad there was no damage. The eye usually heals very fast. A few years ago I got a small rock stuck on my cornea OUCH! that small rock felt like a bolderCrying BBTB@ I love love this card you are so good at making shaped cards, love all the sparkle

Suevan - so very nice to see youBigGrin Your breast cancer card is amazing love the soft comforting look to it.

Bristish - #2 adorable, great papers and that little outfit is so cute.

Turtlebug - #1 You baby card is adorable, love the little embellishment (I think I recognize it Wink ) the embossing is perfect and nice touch adding those pins #3 roll em roll em roll em.....Fabulous card, one of my favorite color combinations very striking and the gold accents are perfect.

2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/15/2012(UTC), TurtleBug on 10/15/2012(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#133 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:11:59 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Raquel, love the last set of smile cards as well! Wow, were you ever busy! Wow, love your pumpkin shaped card! Just beautiful! Sorry to hear about your eye! Sad

Suevan, your breast cancer card is just as it should be, very gentle, warm, and loving! Quite beautiful too!

Britishgirl, your baby card is so adorable!

Turtlebug, oh, I like the embossing folder you used on your baby card! Great corner cut outs! Nice touch with the safety pins! Ok, red, white, and black, right up my alley, lol! ThumpUp

Donna, I think your card is perfect the way that it is! It is quite lovely! Glad to hear that you put your card up at MSC! ThumpUp

2 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/15/2012(UTC), TurtleBug on 10/15/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#134 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:59:57 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Suevan911: beautiful card... love the background paper and the soft organza pink is just perfect

britishgirl:
the baby card is so cute... love that cut! I used that for my niece once

TurtleBug: cute baby card... perfect embossing folder and love the corner punches! Great sketch 3... what a great color contrast too

*NanaDonna*: very pretty card... love CTMH stuff!

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/15/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#135 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 9:17:27 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

I did it, three cards in one day!!

My #3 Sketch Card:

I tweaked the sketch a bit, the printed paper was so cute I didn't want to cover it up with the frame in the sketch.
Sentiment - Acrylic stamp
Tag - Spellbinders "Fancy Tags"
Butterfly - MS punch
Printed Paper - Recollections "All Seasons" Stack
Embossing - CuttleBug "Leafy Branchs" folder
Butterfly Border - MS punch
Added Bling to the butterfly border and to the corners on the left. Used 3-D tape to pop-out the butterfly.
TFL!!BigGrin

BingoLady Offline
#136 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 10:07:38 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Turtlebug, Wow, Wow, what wonderful cards love all the colors and decor.
They all came out great. You should leave town more often, so you can come back
with more energy.Cool Cool
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#137 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 10:24:55 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I hope I'm posting this in the correct section. If not then I apologize and hope someone will redirect me. :) Thanks. I just wanted to share my intake of this weeks challenge for the orange, black, and grey color schemes. This is what I came up with. This was a harder card to make and maybe not a great place to jump in but it was definitely a challenge for me as a beginner. :)

Fall Card

I decided to go with the link as I haven't figured the boards completely out yet. :) Thanks for letting me post. :)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#138 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:08:57 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Good morning everyone! This challenge week is almost done... you all ready for new sketches?

HAH HAH! Patience! You will soon have it!

TurtleBug:
wow wow wow... gorgeous. Love the colors and that background paper you used with all the flourish... hee hee... I think I love flourish now more than flowers

christineramey8b61e521: WELCOME!
You definitely posted in the right spot and well done tackling the Ad color challenge for your first time with us. I visited your blog and your card is amazing! Love love the use of real leaves and thanks for the really helpful tutorial! I hope you join us again. We have a new challenge that starts (technically) every Wednesday morning
#139 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:31:50 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Thank you Raquel. I did leave a comment back for you on my blog. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. This is great for me. . .I so need a challenge to keep moving forward. The hardest part of this card is doing the gluing of the letters. I did not use glue dots because I wanted them to stick well. With glue dots you have to worry about the stuff falling off. But it was hard on my back to do those. Was glad when it was finished but had fun with it. :) That is the most important part of it.

Learning along the way and ready for the next challenge. LOL! :)

Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper
LisaW. Offline
#140 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:17:36 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies...under the wire here but finally got sketch #1 done. I actually made this as a layout. I had to deviate from the sketch a little bit:) I bought some ribbon that had turkies on it but just didn't like it and didn't care for the baker's twice either. I messed up and got the "thanksgiving too low after I realized I didn't get my mickey on there yet. I put mickey in that corner to cover up the family next to us. Should I add more?

Cartridges: Both Mickey cartridges

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF8168.JPG
SandyPalmer Offline
#141 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:32:56 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Turtlebug, love the paper with the birdhouse, and little bird on it! Great sketch 3 card! Love that tag also!

Christineramey8b61e521, so very glad you joined us, welcome!!! I do love how you did those leaves on your fall card! Awesome job with them! Wow, and you tackled the ad colors too! Good job with that!!! Wahoo, I just read that you are ready for the next challenge! BigGrin ThumpUp Glad you are having fun with it all! Crafting is fun, and all these ladies here are quite wonderful!

LisaW, I have to say, your layout is too cute!!!

Gisele Offline
#142 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:03:46 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
RAQ – Glad to hear that there was no damage to your eye! Wonderful “give thanks” shaped card! Look forward to seeing your sketches!

Turtlebug – wow! You quickly produced cards for all three sketches! Sketch #1 is a wonderful baby card with the tulle, safety pins and embossing! Love your thank you card – great colours! Sketch #3 is my favourite – with the embossing, bling and such nice papers!

Suevan – Beautiful card for sketch #2 and a great “hommage” to your mother.

Britishgirl – Lovely baby card!

Donna – Love your sketch #2! I suggest you leave the card as is and not add rain drops in the other corner!

Christineramey – beautiful card and glad you joined in! Hope to see more of your creations!

LisaW – great Disney layout and nice use of Mickey to cover up others in the photo! I wouldn’t add anything else.

2 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 10/16/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/17/2012(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#143 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:46:55 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Shelbywoo: Thank you for the wonderful sketches. Love the colors of your sketch #1...the black flower really pops with the burgundy. Very cute cat card and love the feathers. Sketch 3 isso cool with the pink/black combo. Hope you are feeling better. Cute frankstein card. Very nice ad color card...like that swirl and the flower. Adorable goodie bags. Been a little busy bee this week:) Love how you did the pumpkins and they go so well on your cards. Another great sketch #2 and #3. Did you get your paper at Hobby Lobby?

DeeScraps: Thanks for the great colors...worked so well for a "halloween" card. Happy late Anniversary and so sorry to hear about your break-in but so thankful that nobody was hurt. Adorable ad color card...could you come give me a lesson in copics, lol. Cute anniversary card. Your son's bday card is just too cute.

AcrossThePond: Fantastic job on the sketch # "boys will be boys." The papers and colors are perfect. Gorgeous sketch #2. Very pretty flowers.

SandyPalmer: Love the card for your dad...and perfect colors. I hope you won with that beautiful halloween card...fantastic.

BingoLady: Great job on card to your son...really like how you did that flower. Cute ad color card...so love your embossinga and the punches you used (hope those are punches).

RAQ: Very pretty sketch 2. Wow on your "smile" cards and love how your buttons go with your the wonderful papers you chose. Fantastic little goodie bags. We must have shopped at the same place for paper...I have so many of the same ones, lol. Your "Give Thanks" is gorgeous. Sorry about your eye but glad it is better.

Gisele: Love your sketch #3...great embelishments. Very pretty sketch #1..great color choice. Sketch #2 is very pretty and love the bling. I really like your halloween print and that witch is great.

Sunnieday: Great job on sketch #1. Very nice sketch 2...love those colors. Sketch 3 is just too cute.

Britishgirl: Great sketch 3...I think the white is perfect. How did you do that bow? Very nice sketch 2.

Suevan911: Great sketch 2...love the papers chosen and adorable litte ghost. Beautiful breast cancer card.

NanaDonna: Adorable and perfect colors for a little girl. My daughter now that she is older hates pinkCrying. Love your halloween card...wonderful paper colors. Beautiful sketch #2 and those paper choices are beautiful.

Turtlebug: Love that embossing folder...very cute baby card. Love how you added the safety pins. Wow on your sketch 3...great color combination. Very nice sketch 2 and love how the paper has the birds and birdhouse...cute.

Christineramey: Welcome and great fall card...love the leaf idea.
 2 users thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/17/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/17/2012(UTC)
britishgirl Offline
#144 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:48:18 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Britishgirl: Great sketch 3...I think the white is perfect. How did you do that bow? Very nice sketch 2.

its not actually a bow i used 2 diamond shapes and a small circle and used george and basic shapes to cut them and thanks for the nice comments
britishgirl Offline
#145 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:49:44 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Everyones cards are wonderful great great job
cstanzione Offline
#146 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:51:34 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Hi gals sorry haven't been around been a very busy crafting week just getting to my cards now like usual always at the end well better late than never. Everybody's cards are amazing this week I don't know if I will get to commenting on everybody but I will try later or tomorrow. Right now let me post my cards. Not much cricut this week.

papers DCWV
Recollections flowers and Jolees butterfly an pearls
Tag from Walmart and Ricrac purple and ponk from my old stash

#2 ADD COLORS & EXTRA CTRDIT
Paper DCWV- cut behind ghost from one of the carts but don't remember was in my stash.
Punch MS spider web
Ghost and sentiment from k and Company

Paper-My Minds Eye
Pearls -MS snowflake border punch
scallop-Marvy punch- pic from internet

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:53:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cstanzione attached the following image(s):
GEDC0671.JPG
GEDC0670.JPG
GEDC0669.JPG
cstanzione Offline
#147 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:56:36 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

and here are my other projects I have been working on this week

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:38:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
GEDC0667.JPG (1,062kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
GEDC0663.JPG (1,041kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
GEDC0670.JPG
GEDC0668.JPG
GEDC0665.JPG
GEDC0662.JPG
GEDC0661.JPG
GEDC0660.JPG
cstanzione Offline
#148 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:01:08 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

and the rest
GEDC0653.JPG
GEDC0654.JPG
GEDC0655.JPG
GEDC0656.JPG
GEDC0657.JPG
GEDC0659.JPG
LisaW. Offline
#149 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:48:24 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Cstanzione: Sketch 1 is beautiful with those butterflies. Great halloween card...love it. Love how your projects have that vintage feel. Very nice sketch 3...really like those colors. Thank you so much for sharing your extra projects.
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
cstanzione on 10/16/2012(UTC)
#150 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:56:09 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Thanks everyone for your comments regarding my fall leaves card. I did have a blast doing that but I'll be honest it wasn't easy getting all of those colors in. LOL! Then, I come over here and see your designs and I am blown away every time. Beautiful is all I can say to some it up in one word. :)

Question though guys, how can I create the who its by at the end of my card? I need to start doing that but unaware of how to do this. One thing you will learn quickly about me is that I'm am so technically challenged that it is ridiculous. I'll ask a 100 times before I can ever truly learn something new! But determined to learn it nevertheless. :)

Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub