Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

geooben060b71fd Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 5:10:42 PM(UTC)
geooben060b71fd

Groups: Registered

I want to make name badges for an event using specific images like a boat, fish, etc. but I would like to have the Cricut put the name on the badge before cutting it out. Is that possible?
geo
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 6:09:52 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 481 time(s) in 368 post(s)
Do you plan on writing with the Cricut pens? Or are you using the Craft Room?
geooben060b71fd Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:04:37 AM(UTC)
geooben060b71fd

I intend to use the Cricut pens if that's possible. Althought I've tried to do it with just plain tags it's not working. I've been searching for tips.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:15:57 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 438 post(s)
If I am understanding correctly what you are wanting to do, this is how I would do it. Assuming you are using cricut markers and ccr

Layout your badge on one layer in CCR and what you want to write (names) on another layer in CCR. Align the names like you want them to appear on the badge. Using your marker instead of blade, "cut" only the layer that has the names. When completed, without unloading your mat, switch from marker back to blade and select the layer with the badge and cut. So now you should have a cut out badge with a name printed in the body of it. Now I am assuming that your characters will be a separate piece that will be attached to the badge so you would cut and assemble them as desired.

Depending on the font and how small you are trying to print, the result may be a little smudgy or just blobbed especially if your names are done in a bulky letter that is at real small size. i would test printing first at the lowestest pressure and blade depth that will still touch the paper. Also, the Kricut pens will mark a much narrower line than the markers do.

Hint: to prevent accidentaly marking your paper while switching from marketer to blade, jsut slip a scrap piece of paper under the marker while changing. That way it will mark on the scrap rather than your badge if you accidently let it drop while changing.

Hope this helps

Edited by user Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:19:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.